GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (m2w, joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 165 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,758
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,303
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,410
Posts1,060,407
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection #643592
04/12/12 03:33 PM
04/12/12 03:33 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline OP
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline OP
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
So I understand all about how it was shipped to America from Sicily and how Zips and American Mobsters then distributed in America etc etc. What I am interested in is this: I'm guessing most of that Heroin ended up being sold in black ghetto's and other ghetto's, but I know wiseguys aren't personally slinging on street corners.
So there must of been partnerships between black gangsters and mafia guys, does anyone know anything about this? Basically I am interested in what happens to that heroin once it gets to America, how it actually ends up being sold on the corners.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: NickyScarfo] #643594
04/12/12 03:38 PM
04/12/12 03:38 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
it's delivered to street level dealers,i think maybe soldiers and associates deliver it ?

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: NickyScarfo] #643604
04/12/12 04:23 PM
04/12/12 04:23 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
The zips were the importers wholesalers of the heroin, they worked with a handful of top lcn guys like matthew madonna and then you had mid level mob guys that would distribute it to street level guys that were running the corners or turf. However as african american crime groups became larger and more organised such as frank matthews, Nicky barnes and the council the pretlow group in new jersey they were able to take control of the street level and mid level trade meaning that they cut out alot of the middle men both black and italian and deal directly with the suppliers and top guys in the drug trade. Controlling street level sales although it brings the violence and police attention it however brings in the maximum profit that the drugs can make. Also you had an italians in the purple gang that sort of took over from nicky barnes for a short time when he was arrested and were supplying the network of dealers that were left over. Im not too sure if it was exclusively sold in the ghetto at the time as heroin has large white customer base as well especially now but it wouldnt suprise me if some of the lcn guys thought that only blacks do drugs hence they were safe selling it in the ghettos. As for what happens to the heroin it gets cut up with other substances which bulks it up and then sold. Also there have been a number of instances where mobsters have engaged in street level drug dealing, take this case for example http://www.nytimes.com/1996/10/02/nyregion/officials-say-mafia-ran-crack-ring-in-brooklyn.html

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Scorsese] #643633
04/12/12 05:57 PM
04/12/12 05:57 PM
12th & Cleveland KCMO
K
KCGizzo Offline
Wiseguy
KCGizzo  Offline
K
Wiseguy
12th & Cleveland KCMO
I wonder, what happened to Frank Matthews? There is a short, 3min promo video for a dvd floating around. Him and Melvin probably interest me the most of the black kingpins, over the 2 rats. The Italians retail dope too. And probably always have. Depends on where you are. Not to many drug stings happening in the burbs. We had a guy in KC related to a prominent LCN family tree that got charged in a crack ring. He got killed a few years ago, but who knows why. In Italy, I'm sure there are younger guys in their clans involved on the street level.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: NickyScarfo] #643635
04/12/12 06:05 PM
04/12/12 06:05 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
its crazy how fast the whole dynamic of a criminal enterprise can change. 30 years ago the italians were responsible for the majority of the heroin importation in the northeast, by all accounts the biggest market in the us. today, i doubt they import anything of significance, although they are still involved as middlemen and brokers.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: KCGizzo] #643640
04/12/12 06:19 PM
04/12/12 06:19 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: KCGizzo
I wonder, what happened to Frank Matthews? There is a short, 3min promo video for a dvd floating around. Him and Melvin probably interest me the most of the black kingpins, over the 2 rats. The Italians retail dope too. And probably always have. Depends on where you are. Not to many drug stings happening in the burbs. We had a guy in KC related to a prominent LCN family tree that got charged in a crack ring. He got killed a few years ago, but who knows why. In Italy, I'm sure there are younger guys in their clans involved on the street level.

In italy they have an expendable work force of youngsters that they can have working for them. In america this not the case, if it was they probably would have people work corners for them and operate crack houses. It seems that oxy and heroin are the main drugs of choice in suburbs there have been a few stings and arrests but its still a prevalent problem. The mob traffickers seem to be heavily involved in pescription drugs.

Last edited by Scorsese; 04/12/12 06:21 PM.
Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Five_Felonies] #643646
04/12/12 06:32 PM
04/12/12 06:32 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
its crazy how fast the whole dynamic of a criminal enterprise can change. 30 years ago the italians were responsible for the majority of the heroin importation in the northeast, by all accounts the biggest market in the us. today, i doubt they import anything of significance, although they are still involved as middlemen and brokers.

The mobs decline in the drug trade probably began during the mid seventies and then faded with evryone else during the crack epidemic. Not to say their werent any big dealers about still but as an organisation just couldnt hold onto it.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Five_Felonies] #643647
04/12/12 06:33 PM
04/12/12 06:33 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

That's basically correct. After the fall of the Pizza Connection in the 1980's, the Chinese moved in and that's when the high grade "China White" heroin became big. Then the Colombians, and later Mexicans, started refining their own high grade heroin and were able to dominate the trade along with the cocaine and marijuana. For the last 25 years or so the mob has been on the middle and lower levels of the drug trade.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: NickyScarfo] #643659
04/12/12 07:07 PM
04/12/12 07:07 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
I've read that Galante was so ruthless, he would have his cronies lure someone to an empty heroin den and inject the victim with heroin. If he died, they knew they had "good stuff".

Since you brought up Pizza Connection, I wonder what happened to Salvatore Catalano since he was released from prison two years ago? His pastry shop is still open on Metropolitan in Middle Village.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #643661
04/12/12 07:33 PM
04/12/12 07:33 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
I've read that Galante was so ruthless, he would have his cronies lure someone to an empty heroin den and inject the victim with heroin. If he died, they knew they had "good stuff".

Since you brought up Pizza Connection, I wonder what happened to Salvatore Catalano since he was released from prison two years ago? His pastry shop is still open on Metropolitan in Middle Village.
the infamous black man test. although i think galante referred to it as something slightly different seeing as though he wasnt afraid to mince words.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 04/12/12 07:33 PM.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #643668
04/12/12 08:36 PM
04/12/12 08:36 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Whats the name of Catalano's shop?

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Five_Felonies] #643677
04/12/12 10:24 PM
04/12/12 10:24 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny

the infamous black man test. although i think galante referred to it as something slightly different seeing as though he wasnt afraid to mince words.

I was reading about Galante's first heroin trial back in 1962, with Tony Mirra and The Panico Brothers. The trial that sent him away for about 12 years. I assume that it was in the early 60's when he was killing people to see if his heroin was "good".

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Nicholas] #643679
04/12/12 10:30 PM
04/12/12 10:30 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Whats the name of Catalano's shop?

Catalano Brothers Bakery on Metropolitan Ave in Middle Village Queens.

If you do a google it shows a Flushing address it's the same store. It's a glitch having to do with the post office and mail.

It was under heavy surveillance during the Pizza Connection investigation. Somehow the FBI only got Al Dente Pizza but not Catalano Bakery.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #643694
04/13/12 04:01 AM
04/13/12 04:01 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
I think that galante would have fit in much better during the 80s or even now, because i dont think theres anyone around that would challenge or confront him.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Scorsese] #643698
04/13/12 08:58 AM
04/13/12 08:58 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Speaking of "drug connections", I just found this picture of the real Popeye Doyle (Eddie Egan) as he was bringing in one of the French Connection smugglers for arrest in Brooklyn.

4.4.1962 - Jacques Louis Angelvin (left), master of ceremonies on one of France's most popular TV shows, gestures as he answers questions posed by Lt. Joseph Carus (right) in the 82nd Precinct during his booking. Angelvin was indicted by a Brooklyn grand jury on narcotics charges. Behind Angelvin is the arresting officer, Ed Eagan, of the narcotics squad. A true bill by the jury charged the entertainer, held in jail here since January 18th, with possession and conspiracy to possess narcotics.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: SC] #643703
04/13/12 10:04 AM
04/13/12 10:04 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
It seems that every major drug smuggling group at the time alligned themselves with one of the five families.

French connection-luchesse crime family
Pizza Connection- bonanno crime family

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Scorsese] #643721
04/13/12 01:49 PM
04/13/12 01:49 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
I think that galante would have fit in much better during the 80s or even now, because i dont think theres anyone around that would challenge or confront him.

The cops/FBI would have a field day with this guy with todays crime fighting resources/techniques.
Galante is the guy who blew the doors off Costello's crypt with dynamite as a final "fuck you" to his old nemisis.
He wasnt the sort of guy to operate discreetly!

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: GaryH] #643787
04/14/12 10:18 AM
04/14/12 10:18 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: GaryH

The cops/FBI would have a field day with this guy with todays crime fighting resources/techniques.
Galante is the guy who blew the doors off Costello's crypt with dynamite as a final "fuck you" to his old nemisis.
He wasnt the sort of guy to operate discreetly!

Yeah he would probably have a short reign but i think that he would be a very active as in terms of violence and drug trafficking. He would at least keep us entertained on this forum. He would probably engage in open violence against the other families and gangs in the city.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: NickyScarfo] #643788
04/14/12 10:24 AM
04/14/12 10:24 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
its seems that there is always alot of talk about how so and so wouldnt make it in todays mob because they were to crazy, unpredictable, wreckless ect. while that can be true to an extent, one of the main reasons that the mob has been able to stay relevant is their ability to adapt to the times so dont think all the old timers would be jail bait in the first week. anybody who is able to generate millions of dollars whether legal or illegal has a certain degree of smarts. of course people cant come back from the dead so we will never know.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Five_Felonies] #643793
04/14/12 11:20 AM
04/14/12 11:20 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
They probably could do with someone a bit less predictable and more risky. The people that do become boss seem not to do anything different than the last guy.

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: Scorsese] #644786
04/22/12 08:34 AM
04/22/12 08:34 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
The zips were the importers wholesalers of the heroin, they worked with a handful of top lcn guys like matthew madonna and then you had mid level mob guys that would distribute it to street level guys that were running the corners or turf. However as african american crime groups became larger and more organised such as frank matthews, Nicky barnes and the council the pretlow group in new jersey they were able to take control of the street level and mid level trade meaning that they cut out alot of the middle men both black and italian and deal directly with the suppliers and top guys in the drug trade. Controlling street level sales although it brings the violence and police attention it however brings in the maximum profit that the drugs can make. Also you had an italians in the purple gang that sort of took over from nicky barnes for a short time when he was arrested and were supplying the network of dealers that were left over. Im not too sure if it was exclusively sold in the ghetto at the time as heroin has large white customer base as well especially now but it wouldnt suprise me if some of the lcn guys thought that only blacks do drugs hence they were safe selling it in the ghettos. As for what happens to the heroin it gets cut up with other substances which bulks it up and then sold. Also there have been a number of instances where mobsters have engaged in street level drug dealing, take this case for example http://www.nytimes.com/1996/10/02/nyregion/officials-say-mafia-ran-crack-ring-in-brooklyn.html

i dont think mathew maddona was involved in the pizza connection he still would of been in prison if he was actually he was in prison wile the PC was happening he was involved in the french connection

Re: Slinging the Heroin From the Pizza Connection [Re: NickyScarfo] #646089
05/04/12 02:59 PM
05/04/12 02:59 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Catalano Bros. Bakery in Queens is closed for renovations.

I hope they fix it up nice and have tables for people to sit and eat and drink. I hope.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull