GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (thebarber), 167 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,426
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,305
Posts1,058,289
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: TonyBoy117] #705914
03/25/13 06:23 PM
03/25/13 06:23 PM
Jenkins Offline
Made Member
Jenkins  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
Originally Posted By: Jenkins
So how is the Philly family here in 2013? I'm sure they don't have their hands in near as much as even the lowly Colombo's in NY but would they be comparable to Chicago?
They have approximately 50 made guys, divided into three geographical groups in order of size Philly, South Nj, and North Nj , I'd define them as the most "Visible" of the families outside NY

Interesting. So I wonder like in North Jersey how they split up the rackets between Philly, the NY families that have NJ crews (Genovese comes to mind) and the Decavalcantes.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: spmob] #706032
03/25/13 10:51 PM
03/25/13 10:51 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: spmob
How do you know it was speculation on their part?? YOU DON'T KNOW THESE PEOPLE!! OR WHAT THEY KNOW! I find it hilarious that you try to say if it wasn't for the FBI we wouldn't know Merlino was the boss. Just becasue you and the FBI didn't say so until recently. You and the FBI got it wrong and now your making excuses. Your a walking contradiction.

It's common sense. Somebody who is so "hooked in" they they knew Merlino was the official boss - something the FBI didn't know - isn't going to be posting away on internet forums. Some people were throwing darts in the dark and one of them happened to hit. These guys get a million things wrong but never bring it up afterward. They get one thing right and they think it sets up their reputation for life here on the forums.

Originally Posted By: Jenkins
Interesting. So I wonder like in North Jersey how they split up the rackets between Philly, the NY families that have NJ crews (Genovese comes to mind) and the Decavalcantes.

The Philadelphia family's North Jersey crew is basically a gambling operation. Only a few soldiers still left. The DeCavalcantes have traditionally operated within their own narrow scope involving the Laborers Union and the construction industry. Pretty much everything else is the NY families, especially the Genovese family.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: IvyLeague] #706036
03/25/13 10:55 PM
03/25/13 10:55 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Damn Genovese Family This Genovese Family That Genovese Family My Ass

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #706042
03/25/13 11:08 PM
03/25/13 11:08 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Damn Genovese Family This Genovese Family That Genovese Family My Ass

As always, thanks for the input, DN.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: pizzaboy] #706076
03/26/13 02:07 AM
03/26/13 02:07 AM
Nuevo Mexico
Vigil Offline
Capo
Vigil  Offline
Capo
Nuevo Mexico
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Spmob is the best Philly poster.

My man Dicknose is technically from the Philly suburbs. Plus, he's a pazzo. But I love him anyway.

Oh, and that guy 22 is great, too. But I think he's a Florida guy now.

Ivy had a Philly cheesesteak once. And he has a picture of Will Smith up on his wall. And he does the Carlton dance like nobody's business!

Hahahahaa! PizzaBoy is nutz. Haaha!

*** il capo di tutti capi ***

"You'll never meet another guy like me if you live to be 5, 000." -John Gotti
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706083
03/26/13 03:22 AM
03/26/13 03:22 AM
Ghost_Town_Jimmy Offline
Wiseguy
Ghost_Town_Jimmy  Offline
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
So I ran this poll on my site www.fivefamiliesnyc.com, check out the results below:

Yes - 275 (61%)
No - 103 (22%)
He should leave the life while he can - 72 (16%)
Total votes: 450

I concur with the Yes crew and believe Skinny Joey has the final say in Philly through his buddies like Mazzone, Chang, etc.

What do you guys think?

Excellent site D.D.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706084
03/26/13 03:25 AM
03/26/13 03:25 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

if joe had final say how come uncle joe didn't do wat he wanted will never know. the guys merlino wanted made, ligambi would be dead in the 80tys. scarfo had unioins no other philly boss came close give scarfo that, the Genovese may have schooled him.fat tony. shit I wish I knew a thing about conctrete. spell check

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: IvyLeague] #706128
03/26/13 11:04 AM
03/26/13 11:04 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
It's common sense. Somebody who is so "hooked in" they they knew Merlino was the official boss - something the FBI didn't know - isn't going to be posting away on internet forums. Some people were throwing darts in the dark and one of them happened to hit. These guys get a million things wrong but never bring it up afterward. They get one thing right and they think it sets up their reputation for life here on the forums.

You really are like talking to a brick wall. I can't believe someone with such high moral values is such a know it all. You don't have to be "hooked in". Common sense my ass. How are you so sure that someone with knowledge on the topic wouldn't post to an internet forum? You couldn't know that. And this topic has come up before so its not like we were talking about something new. Your just upset that you got it wrong. panic Your head is so far up the Feds ass that you would need a pair of clamps, some lube and a vice grips to get you out. Everyone IN South Philly knew that Joey was the boss before he went away. It wasn't until after Joey went away that it got cloudy. And lets get something straight. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WORRIED ABOUT THEIR MOB INTERNET FORUM REPUTATION! You cream over it. I am glad your getting off somehow. That shit gets backed up. lol

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706129
03/26/13 11:15 AM
03/26/13 11:15 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss

People forget that Merlino was acting boss before he went away. Ligambi is the official boss.

These concrete statement you put out there come off condescending. I didn't see you posting any "I got it wrong threads". You may have admitted it once it got brought up but you didn't admit it first so don't come on here saying people don't admit when there wrong because you would be what they call a hypocrite sir.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: spmob] #706162
03/26/13 12:54 PM
03/26/13 12:54 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

You really are like talking to a brick wall. I can't believe someone with such high moral values is such a know it all. You don't have to be "hooked in". Common sense my ass. How are you so sure that someone with knowledge on the topic wouldn't post to an internet forum? You couldn't know that. And this topic has come up before so its not like we were talking about something new. Your just upset that you got it wrong. panic Your head is so far up the Feds ass that you would need a pair of clamps, some lube and a vice grips to get you out. Everyone IN South Philly knew that Joey was the boss before he went away. It wasn't until after Joey went away that it got cloudy. And lets get something straight. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WORRIED ABOUT THEIR MOB INTERNET FORUM REPUTATION! You cream over it. I am glad your getting off somehow. That shit gets backed up. lol

IVY on a serious note your not allowed to jerkoff right?

Genovese Family."
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706165
03/26/13 01:13 PM
03/26/13 01:13 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Clear the pipe keep the sludge moving....

Genovese Family."
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706166
03/26/13 01:21 PM
03/26/13 01:21 PM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
Recently, I read an older article that tells how Chuckie Merlino brought Joe Ligambi into the fold. Uncle Joe was good at handicapping and became a bookie under Chuckies flag. Over time, Joey Merlino and Ligambi became very close. Ligambi became a surrogate father figure to Joey. Hence the nickname, 'Uncle Joe'. IMO, the two Joes have an arrangement/understanding in regards to the management of the family. The specific nature of the arrangement can only be speculated by us. There are no outward signs of problems between the two Joes.

Last edited by SilentPartnerz; 03/26/13 01:22 PM.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706282
03/26/13 10:11 PM
03/26/13 10:11 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: "spmob"

Do I seem upset? You're the one who's apparently been steaming about this. I'm content to go with the feds virtually all the time. You know why? Because, when all is said and done, I know they'll get it right the vast majority of the time. Far more than all the so called internet insiders combined.

The posters on the forums who claim inside knowledge are a dime a dozen. There's actually two groups. The first group are complete bullshitters. They know nothing but pretend like they're in the know. The second group is trickier. They are in a position to hear certain things, maybe they know certain people, and do have valid things to pass on. But many in this group routinely go beyond what they really know; i.e. passing off their own opinion as inside information. If they were always on the level, I'd give them more credibility. But their ego usually gets the best of them and they can't help but exaggerate their knowledge.

If people want to be given credit for what they knew, when they knew it, here's what they can do. They can explain exactly how they know it. I'm talking about actually name the names and everything. And they can maintain that position consistently until they are eventually proven right. But this never happens. These people always act like there's something keeping them from naming names, like some internet code of Omerta they have to follow. As if anybody would give a rat's what they posted here and as if it would have any effect in the real world. The truth is, they throw out their hunches, but don't want to name names because they're really don't know and want to have room to change their story around if need be.

And let me add that I'm pretty much the last person who cares about their reputation, at least in the way you mean. Most people recognize that I do my homework. But if I really gave a damn about what people think of me, I wouldn't have such a fan club over on the RD. Heck, I've got people stalking me here from other forums they love me so much.

Originally Posted By: "spmob"
These concrete statement you put out there come off condescending. I didn't see you posting any "I got it wrong threads". You may have admitted it once it got brought up but you didn't admit it first so don't come on here saying people don't admit when there wrong because you would be what they call a hypocrite sir.

It seems what will give you some sort of satisfaction and peace of mind is if I say that I was wrong. Or, to be more specific, say the feds were wrong. And I already have. I've said that this was one of the few times they've gotten something wrong like this. The other stand out one being, of course, Chin and Fat Tony.

But you say "all of South Philly knew Joey was the boss." It's easy to claim that. Especially after the FBI, who you criticize, verified it. But how did you know beforehand? Don't just give me stupid, baseless claims like "all of South Philly knew." Explain to me exactly how you knew this. Who told you. And how did they know, i.e. who told them? See, the problem is you expect me to just take your word for it, as if we're not all just faceless posters on an internet forum.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: SilentPartnerz] #706288
03/26/13 10:55 PM
03/26/13 10:55 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
Recently, I read an older article that tells how Chuckie Merlino brought Joe Ligambi into the fold. Uncle Joe was good at handicapping and became a bookie under Chuckies flag. Over time, Joey Merlino and Ligambi became very close. Ligambi became a surrogate father figure to Joey. Hence the nickname, 'Uncle Joe'. IMO, the two Joes have an arrangement/understanding in regards to the management of the family. The specific nature of the arrangement can only be speculated by us. There are no outward signs of problems between the two Joes.

I'm pretty sure he's called uncle Joe because he's Borgesi's uncle.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Ted] #706298
03/26/13 11:40 PM
03/26/13 11:40 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz

I'm pretty sure he's called uncle Joe because he's Borgesi's uncle.

Really Ted? lol I didn't knowt that lol

Genovese Family."
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #706304
03/26/13 11:54 PM
03/26/13 11:54 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
DUH!!!

Genovese Family."
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706354
03/27/13 02:03 AM
03/27/13 02:03 AM
Nuevo Mexico
Vigil Offline
Capo
Vigil  Offline
Capo
Nuevo Mexico
Skinny Joey is still the boss guys...

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706414
03/27/13 10:16 AM
03/27/13 10:16 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Ivey, Joey Merlino's sister could log on to this forum and you would still give her shit. Im not a anti FBI guy, I just can't stand how you discredit people and pat yourself on the back. Your life is based on a google search. You can research and research all you want but you just dont get how the neighborhood works and thats my fault to think that all of a sudden you would. But while you were banging out that book report of yours up there I was having a nice dinner, watched the game, smoked a nice bowl and then got a blow job. Glad you had a nice night as well.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: spmob] #706652
03/27/13 10:27 PM
03/27/13 10:27 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivey, Joey Merlino's sister could log on to this forum and you would still give her shit. Im not a anti FBI guy, I just can't stand how you discredit people and pat yourself on the back. Your life is based on a google search. You can research and research all you want but you just dont get how the neighborhood works and thats my fault to think that all of a sudden you would. But while you were banging out that book report of yours up there I was having a nice dinner, watched the game, smoked a nice bowl and then got a blow job. Glad you had a nice night as well.

When have I ever patted myself on the back? You keep accusing me of stuff I don't do. I always defer to the FBI. Not myself.

And you can stuff that "neighborhood" bullshit where the sun doesn't shine. I'm so damn sick of hearing that crap. You know damn well that you and everyone else are just as dependent on public sources of information as the rest of us. Simply living in an area doesn't automatically make one privy to the inner workings of the local mob family. And it's time for people to quit pretending like it does.

And why add that last part? What are you trying to prove? I couldn't care what you do with your personal time. Just don't come here and pretend like you knew Merlino was the boss all along after the fact. Now go smoke a bowl and go ask your sister for another BJ.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/27/13 10:27 PM.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: IvyLeague] #706814
03/28/13 08:43 PM
03/28/13 08:43 PM
M
marine Offline
Made Member
marine  Offline
M
Made Member
Got no problem wity you ivy or sp mob none of my buisness on the argument..But Ivy if you are from a certain area yea you have more info and acess to it than others..If im in roxbro and things happen in southphy i do not have acess to it until the guys from that area tell me..Yea im same city but im 8 miles and 30 min away from there..Sorry Ivy but i do think it is a fact living in an area gives you chance for more information than others who dont live it that same exact area..And i hope u wouldnt make fun of me if i was abuseing my sister,i was told here i need some christian mingle....Lol .. where you at Dicknose .. im doing Pleanty Of Fish, and i did some korean massage joint 3 weeks ago...lol

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: marine] #706833
03/28/13 09:47 PM
03/28/13 09:47 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: marine
Got no problem wity you ivy or sp mob none of my buisness on the argument..But Ivy if you are from a certain area yea you have more info and acess to it than others..If im in roxbro and things happen in southphy i do not have acess to it until the guys from that area tell me..Yea im same city but im 8 miles and 30 min away from there..Sorry Ivy but i do think it is a fact living in an area gives you chance for more information than others who dont live it that same exact area..And i hope u wouldnt make fun of me if i was abuseing my sister,i was told here i need some christian mingle....Lol .. where you at Dicknose .. im doing Pleanty Of Fish, and i did some korean massage joint 3 weeks ago...lol

You went out with some bitches and paid for a blowjob clap clap

Genovese Family."
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: marine] #706841
03/28/13 10:21 PM
03/28/13 10:21 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

Your beating MY dead horse! Some see it, some don't! However Ivy is from Utah and can't ski! He does like holding poles though!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: marine] #706871
03/29/13 01:56 AM
03/29/13 01:56 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I've never denied a person living in a certain area may hear certain things, know a guy who knows a guy, etc. But too many people on the forums exaggerate the extent of what they really know. They can't help it. And they end up killing their own credibility. The easiest ones to spot are those who constantly go against the known facts and the only card they have to play is, "I live in _____________, you don't, so you wouldn't understand."

In the present issue, half of South Philly knew Merlino was still the boss? How? Why did this news never get back to the press, let alone law enforcement? Seriously, get the hell out of here with that BS.

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Your beating MY dead horse! Some see it, some don't! However Ivy is from Utah and can't ski! He does like holding poles though!

To paraphrase Furio, skiing is a stupid fu--ing hobby.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/29/13 01:57 AM.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706873
03/29/13 02:04 AM
03/29/13 02:04 AM
Nuevo Mexico
Vigil Offline
Capo
Vigil  Offline
Capo
Nuevo Mexico
holy....you guys are getting outta control. Hahahaa!

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #706940
03/29/13 10:03 AM
03/29/13 10:03 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Skinny Joe is up there with the worst bosses in LCN history, on the other hand, Ligambi is clearly a good un, rebuilt the organisation quietly and has had a good run.

If Merlino didn't go to prison back in 99 and was left in charge of things the Philly mob would be virtually extinct, that's pretty obvious. The guy is a moron.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: IvyLeague] #707100
03/30/13 01:20 AM
03/30/13 01:20 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
In the present issue, half of South Philly knew Merlino was still the boss? How? Why did this news never get back to the press, let alone law enforcement? Seriously, get the hell out of here with that BS.

So who the fuck was the boss when merlino got pinched and went away? Who did the FBI even say it was? I wouldn't need to look that up. Thats why you see me posting mainly on philly. And I didn't say half of south philly...i said all. Most knew Merlino was the real Boss even when Ralph was said to be boss. He set Uncle Joe up to take full control until he returned, something went down or have someone run for him. Merlino is a wild card anyway. But thats not the point. Point is...Your a jerk off!

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: spmob] #707102
03/30/13 01:28 AM
03/30/13 01:28 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

So who the fuck was the boss when merlino got pinched and went away? Who did the FBI even say it was? I wouldn't need to look that up. Thats why you see me posting mainly on philly. And I didn't say half of south philly...i said all. Most knew Merlino was the real Boss even when Ralph was said to be boss. He set Uncle Joe up to take full control until he returned, something went down or have someone run for him. Merlino is a wild card anyway. But thats not the point. Point is...Your a jerk off!

Where did you SP Bonnies? I agree with your point

Genovese Family."
Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: spmob] #707110
03/30/13 02:30 AM
03/30/13 02:30 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Apparently Merlino remained official boss after he went to prison and Ligambi was the acting boss. As for you and the rest of South Philly knowing that all along, did the mob send out a memo to everybody or something? whistle

By the way, pal, I went back through all your posts where you mentioned Merlino and/or Ligambi, and you never mentioned Ligambi just being acting boss until after that news came out in April 2012. rolleyes

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/30/13 02:40 AM.

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #707113
03/30/13 02:47 AM
03/30/13 02:47 AM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
lol no i know more about the real philly mob!!! i win smile
...erm so whats the prize?

Re: Does Joey Merlino have the final say in Philly? [Re: Dapper_Don] #707292
03/30/13 09:46 PM
03/30/13 09:46 PM
M
marine Offline
Made Member
marine  Offline
M
Made Member
Not to b a smart ass to anybody but i think there is only 4 guys left in the philly mob..And like 300{non mob guys} Quietly makin some money flow through numbers,sportsgambling, and some drug dealin..Like i said in another thread wats left to make money not much at all..?Almost gotta sell drugs.. Cant hijack trucks of ciggaretts anymore..not happening..Now hi tech shit like credit card skimmers and some computer stuff..

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull