GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 57 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,729
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KC Soldier released from halfway house #642039
03/28/12 11:26 PM
03/28/12 11:26 PM
J
joey_dice Offline OP
joey_dice
joey_dice  Offline OP
joey_dice
J
Capo
Jerry Cammisano and Micheal Lombardo have been released from the Federal halfway house. James Moretina is scheduled to enter the halfway house in the next week or so. The last remaining member involved in the 2009 gambling arrests in prison is James Dicapo, who is sceduled out in 2014.

Re: KC Soldier released from halfway house [Re: joey_dice] #642044
03/29/12 12:10 AM
03/29/12 12:10 AM
12th & Cleveland KCMO
K
KCGizzo Offline
Wiseguy
KCGizzo  Offline
K
Wiseguy
12th & Cleveland KCMO
I think James Moretina is selling his property down north there @ MO and Walnut. I know Antonio's Walnut Deli is now a Tamale Wizard. If people only knew about the name on the chef's hat...

Re: KC Soldier released from halfway house [Re: joey_dice] #642133
03/30/12 01:19 AM
03/30/12 01:19 AM
J
joey_dice Offline OP
joey_dice
joey_dice  Offline OP
joey_dice
J
Capo
I haven't heard that but he probably is, hell between the Moretina's, Simone's and Mandacina's they own half the buildings down there. I heard he was selling his bar too, Caddyshack on 3rd st. Didnt Antonio's deli, used to be the original Antonio's Pizza which was owned by Nick and Tony Civella and Paul Silvio. Thinking about it I wonder if it's being snatched by the Feds, they took Jerry Cammisano's auto dealership Sun Motors on 8th and Prospect.

Last edited by joey_dice; 03/30/12 01:22 AM.
Re: KC Soldier released from halfway house [Re: joey_dice] #642222
03/30/12 08:37 PM
03/30/12 08:37 PM
12th & Cleveland KCMO
K
KCGizzo Offline
Wiseguy
KCGizzo  Offline
K
Wiseguy
12th & Cleveland KCMO
Come to think of it, I think Caddyshack is for sale. I moved from down there couple yrs ago, but it was still going strong. That's a weird block. Just the bar and KCPL behind, and the whole section is for sale. Antonio's is weird. The one that was in City Center? downtown was completely different. The deli down on 39th & Main used to be an (#?) Antonios as well. The one in the City Market was "'s Walnut Deli. A older male relative of Civella ran it, with a younger guy about my age-30 really doing it all. Very nice people. Guy named Mitch too, but he was a partier. Sold it to a couple from the sticks (kearney maybe). I was there during a portion of the sell job, but was walking and on the phone. They bought a sinking ship. I'm only saying that now.

Re: KC Soldier released from halfway house [Re: joey_dice] #642266
03/31/12 02:55 PM
03/31/12 02:55 PM
J
joey_dice Offline OP
joey_dice
joey_dice  Offline OP
joey_dice
J
Capo
The Antonios on Main is now Sarrono's I think they are in fact related to the Civella's and Bengimina's. Orignially all of the Antonios were owned by Nick/Tony Civella and Paul Silvio. Yeah they did because the Antonios in the market is now closed. I know Glorioso sold city dinner in the market he owned that for a long time. The property in Colombus park and the River market is owned mostly by family members at least according to Jackson County property tax statements. The Lasalla's, Mandacina's, Nigro's, Civella's, Cammisano's and Simone's own almost every building on 5th st. and Missouri Ave. as well as the entire block on 3rd.

Re: KC Soldier released from halfway house [Re: joey_dice] #642275
03/31/12 04:31 PM
03/31/12 04:31 PM
12th & Cleveland KCMO
K
KCGizzo Offline
Wiseguy
KCGizzo  Offline
K
Wiseguy
12th & Cleveland KCMO
My father loved the City Diner. Rarely went there, so it was an occasion for him. Especially breakfast. I think a couple women run it, now. You know if they own the building @ 5th & Troost still? I read they had a bust or a wiretap up during the Vegas skim/Super Bowl bust days. I was gonna buy a place down the street from Happy Gillis but is got snapped up. Nigro as in runs Westport Nigro? Simone still has the bar on 39th, but I could be mistaken.

Re: KC Soldier released from halfway house [Re: joey_dice] #642298
03/31/12 08:20 PM
03/31/12 08:20 PM
J
joey_dice Offline OP
joey_dice
joey_dice  Offline OP
joey_dice
J
Capo
The property at 5th and troost is still owned by the Civella Family. It was known unoffically as the "trap" but was actually the Nortside Social club. It was wiretapped in 69 during the superbowl, Chiefs Vs Vike's. This resulted in Nick, Tony, Frank Tousa and several others being busted. The Nigro's own a lot, Westport, Nigro's weatern wear and several bars. That family goes back into the 40's with the family. Which bar on 39th. Was it Charlie Mandacina's old bar. I know Joe Pete Simone (the son) has owned and closed a multitude of bars. Chubbys moved from 36th and Broadway to 39th and Broadway, they also opened up a Chubbys on Barry road, its run by the son in law of the labruzzo's.

Re: KC Soldier released from halfway house [Re: joey_dice] #642381
04/01/12 10:27 PM
04/01/12 10:27 PM
12th & Cleveland KCMO
K
KCGizzo Offline
Wiseguy
KCGizzo  Offline
K
Wiseguy
12th & Cleveland KCMO
Didn't know the Nigros were connected like that. Makes sense though. I knew they were somebody to know. Few of my friends met with them about the smoking ban and a couple other initiatives, due to the city giving all that money to downtown developers. Seems like KC is trying to drive local bar/restauraunt owners outta business. The bar on 39th &Bell is Gilhouly's. It's kinda like the running inside joke of Midtown that the Italians own an Irish bar. I don't know if CM owned it, but it was called Huck. Finn's when I was a kid. I know the strip club law by that guy Bartle probably hurt Mandacinas the most with DJs. Perfect time to pass, no one opposing that these days. I guess that thing passing shows power waning. I'll have to check out the new Chubbys out up north. The newer one down Broadway further kinda sucks compared to when it was by the Uptown. I dunno why. Maybe the old memories made it better for me.

Re: KC Soldier released from halfway house [Re: joey_dice] #642444
04/02/12 05:40 PM
04/02/12 05:40 PM
J
joey_dice Offline OP
joey_dice
joey_dice  Offline OP
joey_dice
J
Capo
Dr.Nigro according to the FBI was a made member of the mob, he owned the Down Town Hospital, his brother owned several bars, Lucians being one. This was back in the 30' and 40's. Gilhouly's was in fact owned by Charlie Mandacina, he sold it when he was convicted and sentenced to life, he passed a month ago or so. He also owned the Red Front Bar, on 9th near Anthonys. Diamond Joes actually closed about 2 years ago, the City bought Joe out so they could widen Choutou. The new Chubby's on Broadway does not have the same feel, fewer of the "guys" hang out there now, Nick Sr. does not come around anymore, his kids, Vito and Nick Jr. run it now. The one on the avenue used to be the fun one when I was younger, everyone used to come around there. The strip club law was stopped about 3 years ago, the Speaker of the House was paid to shelve it in committe, this came to light and there is an investigation going on, this limited the opporunities to fight it the second time around. PJ Ribaste (Temptations, Pure, Cigar Box,) and Paul Silvio (Million Dollar Fantasy Ranch) have been taking a beating from the new law.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull