GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Malavita, Ciment, 2 invisible), 275 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,918
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,333
Posts1,058,810
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? #641562
03/25/12 03:10 PM
03/25/12 03:10 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Suppose Michael's plan to take out Roth, once it was confirmed by Fredo's verbal "...yeah, Johnny Ola knows these places like the back of his hand..." blunder, was successfully carried out by the bodyguard?

Would Fredo have gotten off the Island? Would a different chain of events have taken place with Roth out of the picture, with Questadt and the hearings?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: Don Cardi] #641567
03/25/12 03:33 PM
03/25/12 03:33 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Suppose Michael's plan to take out Roth, once it was confirmed by Fredo's verbal "...yeah, Johnny Ola knows these places like the back of his hand..." blunder, was successfully carried out by the bodyguard?

Would Fredo have gotten off the Island? Would a different chain of events have taken place with Roth out of the picture, with Questadt and the hearings?

Interesting Point. If Roth was out of the picture at that point things would have been different. i still think fredo would have been killed simply because mike was so paranoid at that point that he wasn't thinking rationally

Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: JCrusher] #641582
03/25/12 05:20 PM
03/25/12 05:20 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
DC, I don't think it would have made a difference. Michael had no way of knowing that the bodyguard was foiled twice: once by Roth being taken away to the hospital, and then by the military. I think he assumed that Roth was already dead by the time he showed up at the presidential party.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: Don Cardi] #641586
03/25/12 05:27 PM
03/25/12 05:27 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I always wondered who Michael had in his camp in Cuba. Was it just his bodyguard? If so, seems like a slim margin.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: olivant] #641606
03/25/12 09:46 PM
03/25/12 09:46 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I think he brought only the bodyguard to Cuba to make Roth think he was "weak," or at least not loaded for bear. Also, the bodyguard was part of the deception: if he'd brought Rocco and/or Neri, it'd signal Roth that he didn't think them possibly complicit in the shooting. But he held the advantage: knowing when and how Roth planned to have him whacked, he simply would act first. And he needed only the bodyguard to carry it out.

Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: Turnbull] #641610
03/25/12 10:32 PM
03/25/12 10:32 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I think he brought only the bodyguard to Cuba to make Roth think he was "weak," or at least not loaded for bear. Also, the bodyguard was part of the deception: if he'd brought Rocco and/or Neri, it'd signal Roth that he didn't think them possibly complicit in the shooting. But he held the advantage: knowing when and how Roth planned to have him whacked, he simply would act first. And he needed only the bodyguard to carry it out.

Yes TB, but I wonder if Michael had other resources already in Cuba. If he knew about Roth's planned assassination of him, then he must have had agents in Cuba. If not, then he must have learned about it through his state-side sources which seems like a longshot.

Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: olivant] #641693
03/26/12 06:00 PM
03/26/12 06:00 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Perhaps, Oli. But he also could have figured it out with simple logic: Roth tried to have him killed in Tahoe; Roth brought him to Cuba to get the $2 million; Roth was tight with Batista and his thugs; Roth arranged for him to be driven back to his hotel "for my safety"...

Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: Turnbull] #641699
03/26/12 06:38 PM
03/26/12 06:38 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Perhaps, Oli. But he also could have figured it out with simple logic: Roth tried to have him killed in Tahoe; Roth brought him to Cuba to get the $2 million; Roth was tight with Batista and his thugs; Roth arranged for him to be driven back to his hotel "for my safety"...

Of course, that prompts the question: why would he go to Cuba in the first place, or why would he go there with just Buschetta, or why wouldn't he hightail it out of Cuba once he had done all he came to do?

Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: olivant] #641705
03/26/12 06:42 PM
03/26/12 06:42 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant

Of course, that prompts the question: why would he go to Cuba in the first place, or why would he go there with just Buschetta, or why wouldn't he hightail it out of Cuba once he had done all he came to do?

Good question. I think mike was obsessed with finding out who the "traitor" was in his family even more than taking care of roth.

Re: What If Roth Had Been Killed By The Bodyguard? [Re: JCrusher] #641723
03/26/12 09:35 PM
03/26/12 09:35 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Michael went to Cuba to find out who the traitor was in his family--an understandable desire since he could not be certain that the traitor was not back at Tahoe, a menace to him and his family. He also came to Cuba to flummox Roth into believing that he didn't blame Roth for the Tahoe shooting. He brought only Buscetta with him because he could not entirely trust Rocco or Neri until he found out who the traitor was--and he needed to signal to Roth that he was still in the dark about the traitor. And, he got out via prearranged private plane as soon as he thought Roth was dead.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull