GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 75 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,823
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family #640702
03/18/12 10:48 PM
03/18/12 10:48 PM
C
Crazy_Joe_Gallo Offline OP
Made Member
Crazy_Joe_Gallo  Offline OP
C
Made Member
The fates of Willie Cicci, and of the Rosato Brothers, are really the only loose ends left in GF II. We don't know what happens to them. We know Tom at least considers the Rosatos enemies still, but Cicci is not mentioned. And we don't see the Rosato Bros gunned down on screen like Roth or see what happens to Cicci.

Given Willie Cicci's presence in the original Godfather III script, is it possible (canonically) that he was given a pass? The only reason he wasn't in the final GFIII is because the actor who played him, Joe Spinell, died before filming began.

It wouldn't be the first time a rat was given a pass--In real life, Willie Boy Johnson lived for about three years after it came out that he was a rat. He wasn't in any witness protection program, he was out on the streets on his own making money.

" Based on Gotti’s commitment to him, Johnson felt he was out of harm’s way. Although banned from the Bergin, Johnson was back living in the old neighborhood with his wife and children and working at a construction job. Johnson was also rumored to be dealing in drugs again.

In the wake of the Giacalone case, the FBI records were turned over to Gotti’s lawyers. The information confirmed that it was Johnson who led the authorities to Gotti when he was hiding after the McBratney murder. The information also revealed that Willie Boy had provided information that allowed the FBI’s Gambino Squad to build their narcotics case against Gene Gotti, Angelo Ruggiero, and the others.

Gotti bided his time in reacting to the disclosed information. If Gotti had a soft spot for his old friend it hardened during the summer of 1988. Apparently Johnson had also passed on information to the authorities about the son of imprisoned Colombo boss Carmine Persico. Reportedly Alphonse Persico challenged the Gambino family by questioning, “What are you waiting for?”

In discussing the murder plans with Gravano, Gotti was concerned about the hit team failing and forcing Johnson into government protection where he could give up even more incriminating information. The contract was given to Eddie Lino, an ex-Bonanno associate and one of the shooters in the Castellano killing. Lino reportedly “sublet the contract” to a cousin in the Bonanno Family. The cousin in turn gave the assignment to three Bonanno gunmen to carry out.

On August 29, 1988 the killers struck. At 6:05 a.m., as Johnson walked from his Flatland’s home in Brooklyn to his car, the gunmen fired nineteen rounds at him. Johnson was hit once in each thigh, twice in the back, and at least six times in the head. The hit team then dropped jack-like spikes on the street to prevent the possibility of pursuit.

Hearing the shooting, Johnson’s wife ran out screaming. She cradled his head in her lap, but Willie Boy had died instantly."

And what of the Rosatos? Did Michael take out his vengeance on them, or were they simply "small potatoes" as Roth would say?

And finally: What do you think became of the New York branch of the Corleone Crime Family after Pentangelli's death? Did Michael appoint some other Capo or what?

Last edited by Crazy_Joe_Gallo; 03/18/12 10:53 PM.
Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Crazy_Joe_Gallo] #640705
03/18/12 10:57 PM
03/18/12 10:57 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Crazy_Joe_Gallo
The fates of Willie Cicci, and of the Rosato Brothers, are really the only loose ends left in GF II. We don't know what happens to them. We know Tom at least considers the Rosatos enemies still, but Cicci is not mentioned. And we don't see the Rosato Bros gunned down on screen like Roth or see what happens to Cicci.

Given Willie Cicci's presence in the original Godfather III script, is it possible (canonically) that he was given a pass? The only reason he wasn't in the final GFIII is because the actor who played him, Joe Spinell, died before filming began.

It wouldn't be the first time a rat was given a pass--In real life, Willie Boy Johnson lived for about three years after it came out that he was a rat. He wasn't in any witness protection program, he was out on the streets on his own making money.

" Based on Gotti’s commitment to him, Johnson felt he was out of harm’s way. Although banned from the Bergin, Johnson was back living in the old neighborhood with his wife and children and working at a construction job. Johnson was also rumored to be dealing in drugs again.

In the wake of the Giacalone case, the FBI records were turned over to Gotti’s lawyers. The information confirmed that it was Johnson who led the authorities to Gotti when he was hiding after the McBratney murder. The information also revealed that Willie Boy had provided information that allowed the FBI’s Gambino Squad to build their narcotics case against Gene Gotti, Angelo Ruggiero, and the others.

Gotti bided his time in reacting to the disclosed information. If Gotti had a soft spot for his old friend it hardened during the summer of 1988. Apparently Johnson had also passed on information to the authorities about the son of imprisoned Colombo boss Carmine Persico. Reportedly Alphonse Persico challenged the Gambino family by questioning, “What are you waiting for?”

In discussing the murder plans with Gravano, Gotti was concerned about the hit team failing and forcing Johnson into government protection where he could give up even more incriminating information. The contract was given to Eddie Lino, an ex-Bonanno associate and one of the shooters in the Castellano killing. Lino reportedly “sublet the contract” to a cousin in the Bonanno Family. The cousin in turn gave the assignment to three Bonanno gunmen to carry out.

On August 29, 1988 the killers struck. At 6:05 a.m., as Johnson walked from his Flatland’s home in Brooklyn to his car, the gunmen fired nineteen rounds at him. Johnson was hit once in each thigh, twice in the back, and at least six times in the head. The hit team then dropped jack-like spikes on the street to prevent the possibility of pursuit.

Hearing the shooting, Johnson’s wife ran out screaming. She cradled his head in her lap, but Willie Boy had died instantly."

And what of the Rosatos? Did Michael take out his vengeance on them, or were they simply "small potatoes" as Roth would say?

And finally: What do you think became of the New York branch of the Corleone Crime Family after Pentangelli's death? Did Michael appoint some other Capo or what?

I have always wondered what happened to the crime family structure after Part 2. In the beginning we see Neri and rocco as mikes main capos. Frankie is the head of ther new York Branch. we also see a good amount of soldiers like Robert Nelenza and Gaetano De Luna in the beginning. By the end obviously Frankie and Cicci are out of the picture, rocco is dead, and many of the button men seem to be gone. I wonder what happens in the 60's. Joey Zasa seems to young at that point to be the street boss since Part 3 takes place in 79.

Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Crazy_Joe_Gallo] #640707
03/18/12 11:17 PM
03/18/12 11:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I too would love to know what happened. Maybe that could be the plot of IV. Anybody game? If Star Wars could indulge itself in prequels, why not the GF?

Last edited by olivant; 03/18/12 11:18 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: JCrusher] #640708
03/18/12 11:23 PM
03/18/12 11:23 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Arguably, Cicci wasn't as big an offender to Michael as Frankie was--Cicci said he never got a direct order from Michael. But Cicci violated omerta and damaged Michael by identifying him as the head of the family. That was before the Witness Protection Program. Cicci probably was assigned his own cell, or prison suite, in a Federal pen, as was Joe Valachi. Michael might have been able to have gotten to him, but I'm guessing that, after getting rid of Pentangeli and Roth, he might have determined that Cicci wasn't important enough to deal with.

The Rosatos were "on the run." They could have been a danger to Michael, but I'm guessing that, because they were involved in a shootout with the cops, and wounded or killed at least one, Michael may have found it prudent to let the NYC cops take care of the Rosatos.

As for NYC: A major question is, who succeeded Pentangeli as head of the Olive Oil Business? Probably not Zasa--he looked too young in 1979, in Part III, to have been a major player in late 1958, when Frankie was garotted and turned rat. While I don't think it would be in Michael's nature to simply walk away from NYC, he may have wanted to distance himself ever-farther from NYC following his close scrape with the Senate Subcommittee. That's not much of an answer, but I can't do better.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Turnbull] #640709
03/18/12 11:40 PM
03/18/12 11:40 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I agree about Zasa TB and that Michael would maintain his operational distance from NY. But he never let go of the strings. As Vincent said "You're like the Supreme Court."

About everything else, I lament the loss of Rosato Brothers Coffee. It was sooooo good.

Last edited by olivant; 03/18/12 11:42 PM.

Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Crazy_Joe_Gallo] #640777
03/19/12 02:22 PM
03/19/12 02:22 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
As for NYC: A major question is, who succeeded Pentangeli as head of the Olive Oil Business?

I think it may have been Don Altobello.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Sonny_Black] #640793
03/19/12 04:16 PM
03/19/12 04:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Nah, Altobello owned the Genco Cannoli Company. Manolo the Gardener bought the Rosato Brothers Coffee business. Ask Oli: He knows Manolo intimately (but not in the Biblical sense). wink

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Sonny_Black] #640800
03/19/12 04:51 PM
03/19/12 04:51 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
As for NYC: A major question is, who succeeded Pentangeli as head of the Olive Oil Business?

Altobello wasnt a corleone. He had a close relationship to the corleones but he wasnt apart of their family

Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Turnbull] #640807
03/19/12 05:15 PM
03/19/12 05:15 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Nah, Altobello owned the Genco Cannoli Company. Manolo the Gardener bought the Rosato Brothers Coffee business. Ask Oli: He knows Manolo intimately (but not in the Biblical sense). wink

Indeed I do. But after he bought the coffee company, he got lazy as an executive, and the product quality declined. He shold have stuck to landscaping.

Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: JCrusher] #640817
03/19/12 05:35 PM
03/19/12 05:35 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

Altobello wasnt a corleone. He had a close relationship to the corleones but he wasnt apart of their family

Ofcourse he was, he was Connie's Godfather. Pentangeli and Clemenza weren't part of the Corleone family yet they acted as boss.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Sonny_Black] #640827
03/19/12 06:29 PM
03/19/12 06:29 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

Ofcourse he was, he was Connie's Godfather. Pentangeli and Clemenza weren't part of the Corleone family yet they acted as boss.

You misinterpreted me. I meant he wasn't apart of the Corleone "crime family." Joey zasa took over the new york branch of teh corleone family. So yes altobello was still close to the corleones since he was connies godfather as you said but he was the boss of one of the other families. Thats not uncommon. Carlo gambinos son and tommy lucchese's daughter married and they headed different families

Re: Cicci, the Rosato Brothers and the Corleone Family [Re: Turnbull] #640900
03/20/12 11:40 AM
03/20/12 11:40 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
Original geschrieben von: Turnbull
Manolo the Gardener bought the Rosato Brothers Coffee business.

That's funny. Every friday I'm having cappuccino in a cafe in Berlin called "Manolo". Pretty good.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull