GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Ciment, DanteMoltisanti, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 266 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,693
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
John McCain is a lunatic #638570
03/06/12 03:40 PM
03/06/12 03:40 PM
G
GerryLang Offline OP
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline OP
G
Underboss
So now this idiot wants the US to bomb Syria and/or arm the rebels in Syria. The so called rebels in Syria are nothing but a bunch of terrorist thugs, just like the guys the Europeans and US supported in Libya. The stuff they have done and are doing is no better than the guys they want to get rid of,

I can't think of a conflict that McCain hasn't wanted to get involved in. You would think for a guy who fought in a war he'd want to avoid one at all cost, but nope. There is something mentally wrong with the guy, and needs to be stop being elected. The more I think about it, his constitutents might be more then nuts then he.

Last edited by GerryLang; 03/06/12 03:41 PM.
Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: GerryLang] #638581
03/06/12 04:42 PM
03/06/12 04:42 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

John F. Kennedy (Inaugural Address)

Just to expand, assisting harassed peoples is part of the American tradition. You can debate when and how it is wise to intervene, but acting as if someone who wants to help is unbalanced just reveals a lack of knowledge about our own history and tradition.

Last edited by mustachepete; 03/06/12 06:35 PM.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: GerryLang] #638609
03/06/12 07:05 PM
03/06/12 07:05 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
So now this idiot wants the US to bomb Syria and/or arm the rebels in Syria. The so called rebels in Syria are nothing but a bunch of terrorist thugs, just like the guys the Europeans and US supported in Libya. The stuff they have done and are doing is no better than the guys they want to get rid of,

I can't think of a conflict that McCain hasn't wanted to get involved in. You would think for a guy who fought in a war he'd want to avoid one at all cost, but nope. There is something mentally wrong with the guy, and needs to be stop being elected. The more I think about it, his constitutents might be more then nuts then he.

You really think the Syrian protesters, in general, are anywhere as bad as the Assad regime they're trying to overthrow?

My attitude has been, "OK, let's help the people in Iran, Libya, Syria, etc. who are trying to break out of under the oppressive regimes. Because than it gives them a chance to show they can implement some kind of democracy of their own. However, if they simply allow other tyrants to take over, including religious extremists, than they've shown they're not deserving of anything but what they've always had."

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/06/12 07:08 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: GerryLang] #638618
03/06/12 07:57 PM
03/06/12 07:57 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^thats my main concern with helping these opposition groups its that we DONT know their true intentions/what kinds of policies they will pursue

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: mustachepete] #638769
03/07/12 02:12 PM
03/07/12 02:12 PM
G
GerryLang Offline OP
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mustachepete
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

John F. Kennedy (Inaugural Address)

Just to expand, assisting harassed peoples is part of the American tradition. You can debate when and how it is wise to intervene, but acting as if someone who wants to help is unbalanced just reveals a lack of knowledge about our own history and tradition.

This tradition needs to cease to exist as soon as possible. I and most Americans I speak to are sick of getting involved in foreign conflicts that have nothing to do with us. The conflicts in the Middle East aren't cut and dry either, there isn't a good or bad side, but mostly lonesome characters willing to do anything to be top dog.

Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: IvyLeague] #638770
03/07/12 02:34 PM
03/07/12 02:34 PM
G
GerryLang Offline OP
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

You really think the Syrian protesters, in general, are anywhere as bad as the Assad regime they're trying to overthrow?

My attitude has been, "OK, let's help the people in Iran, Libya, Syria, etc. who are trying to break out of under the oppressive regimes. Because than it gives them a chance to show they can implement some kind of democracy of their own. However, if they simply allow other tyrants to take over, including religious extremists, than they've shown they're not deserving of anything but what they've always had."

No, I don't think the Sunni of Syria would be much better than Assad if they were to gain power in Syria. I don't think they have any intention of creating a free and democratic society where all will be considered equal regardless of the religion they follow.

Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: GerryLang] #638779
03/07/12 03:57 PM
03/07/12 03:57 PM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
One of the big reasons the Russians and Chinese do not support further action against Assad is because if they have to choose between two evils, they choose the one they know and have been doing business with for a long time. No one knows who will replace Assad if he is removed. Even Israel prefers the status quo and rather deals with Assad.

Last edited by Chopper2012; 03/07/12 03:59 PM.
Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: GerryLang] #638783
03/07/12 04:18 PM
03/07/12 04:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

One reason that is always given for why many in the Middle East hate the west is our support for the dictators that rule over them. Well, once those dictators are removed, especially with assistance from the west, that excuse can no longer be used. The responsibility is then on the people to get their house in order. If they fail to do so, they can reap the consequences.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: IvyLeague] #638786
03/07/12 04:24 PM
03/07/12 04:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Fun fact: If McCain picked Romney as his running mate four years ago, there's a fifty-fifty chance that we'd be posting about the results of the Democratic primaries right now.

But that hot Alaskan chick was good for shits and giggles whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: GerryLang] #638793
03/07/12 04:39 PM
03/07/12 04:39 PM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
You betcha McCain still regrets picking her every day.

Re: John McCain is a lunatic [Re: GerryLang] #638921
03/08/12 01:41 PM
03/08/12 01:41 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
So now this idiot wants the US to bomb Syria and/or arm the rebels in Syria.

Like Deep Throat said, "follow the money". Haliburton needs some new contracts. Bomb a few cities and then come in and rebuild. Sell a few guns. Maybe McCain has financial interest in these endeavors.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull