GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 275 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,889
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,650
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: botz] #638811
03/07/12 07:48 PM
03/07/12 07:48 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
the Mexicans have been expanding into the northeast in recent years. They're the dominant drug trafficking group in the rest of the country already

but mexicans produce some cocaine by themselves or they buy it all in colombia? the fact that they supply the american market it doesnt mean they are powerful i dont think the cartels are so active in the states they just send drugs to local gangs from what i read but they dont control any specific territory

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: m2w] #638816
03/07/12 08:21 PM
03/07/12 08:21 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

Originally Posted By: m2w
but mexicans produce some cocaine by themselves or they buy it all in colombia? the fact that they supply the american market it doesnt mean they are powerful i dont think the cartels are so active in the states they just send drugs to local gangs from what i read but they dont control any specific territory
cocaine is produced in columbia, peru, and bolivia primarily with small amounts produced in brazil and equador. no cocaine is produced in mexico. cartels are extremely influential in the united states particularly in the southwest border states, but other places as well.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: botz] #638823
03/07/12 09:34 PM
03/07/12 09:34 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
cartels are extremely influential in the united states particularly in the southwest border states, but other places as well.

but i mean if they control territories in some specific city or they just sell drugs to local gangs? because if they just sell it doesnt mean they have a powerbase

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: botz] #638827
03/07/12 11:39 PM
03/07/12 11:39 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

The Mexicans still have to get their cocaine from the Colombians or others in South America. But like the Colombians, they are able to produce their own high grade heroin. As well as the other drugs, i.e. marijuana, meth, etc.

Although it's a few years out of date, the link below shows the U.S. cities where the major cartels had a presence in 2008.

http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs27/27986/appenda.htm

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #638833
03/07/12 11:52 PM
03/07/12 11:52 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The Mexicans still have to get their cocaine from the Colombians or others in South America. But like the Colombians, they are able to produce their own high grade heroin. As well as the other drugs, i.e. marijuana, meth, etc.

Although it's a few years out of date, the link below shows the U.S. cities where the major cartels had a presence in 2008.

http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs27/27986/appenda.htm
with regards to heroin, the black tar produced in mexico is a much cruder product than the columbian powder and said to be an inferior product to the powder heroin that dominates the northeast,although in recent years there has been evidence of the mexican cartels recruiting columbian chemists to help break into the extremly lucritive northeast market.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: botz] #638837
03/07/12 11:58 PM
03/07/12 11:58 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
Although it's a few years out of date, the link below shows the U.S. cities where the major cartels had a presence in 2008

what they mean for presence? just individual members who sell drugs to local gangs or consistent and permament groups that have big deals in these cities?

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: m2w] #638838
03/08/12 12:02 AM
03/08/12 12:02 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: m2w

[quote=m2w]but i mean if they control territories in some specific city or they just sell drugs to local gangs? because if they just sell it doesnt mean they have a powerbase
being top level suppliers always means that they will maintain a degree of control or should i say influence. do they control every street corner or every gangbanger? no, but nobody in the american underworld has complete control be it the mafia or a local street gang. like i said earlier is that they maintain an influence within set areas. follow the money!

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 03/08/12 12:03 AM.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: botz] #645467
04/29/12 10:08 PM
04/29/12 10:08 PM
M
ManofHonor Offline
Associate
ManofHonor  Offline
M
Associate
It is not allowed but that only covers made men.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: ManofHonor] #645518
04/30/12 02:50 PM
04/30/12 02:50 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: ManofHonor

Made guys aren't allowed to traffic in drugs? Since when? Is that you, Dan? whistle

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645519
04/30/12 02:52 PM
04/30/12 02:52 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: ManofHonor

Made guys aren't allowed to traffic in drugs? Since when? Is that you, Dan? whistle

grin

Whale Sperm!!

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: botz] #645520
04/30/12 03:54 PM
04/30/12 03:54 PM
New Jerz
J
Johnny_muscles_Manino Offline
Associate
Johnny_muscles_Manino  Offline
J
Associate
New Jerz
Someone needz to control the f--king guyss.They act like animals around here. They need guidelines, boundaries, supplying these guys is like dealing with moronic monkeys escaped from a zoo.a disgrace! [s][/s]

Last edited by Johnny_muscles_Manino; 04/30/12 04:08 PM. Reason: respect

Strength and integrity ,honesty and valor,family above all, gotta do whats gotta be done
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645528
04/30/12 04:22 PM
04/30/12 04:22 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
In the States, weed and XTC. Prescription pills and steroids in New York/suburban Staten Island.

Only the Italian-Italians have contacts with Mexican cartels, i.e. cocaine shipments to Europe. I doubt there's American wiseguys with contacts and access to Mexican cartel members.

Grow houses in New York for weed however are big.

The 2009 DEA report said the American LCN was increasingly working with Mexican DTO's, which are basically extensions of the cartels in Mexico. Whether it be other Italians, the Colombians, Dominicans, or Mexicans, the American LCN guys have to get their cocaine from somewhere.

for such non viable families i sure see Kansas city and Buffalo on your list a lot. Maybe what the FBI says isn't always 100% accurate?

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Mussolini14] #645543
04/30/12 05:21 PM
04/30/12 05:21 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Mussolini14

for such non viable families i sure see Kansas city and Buffalo on your list a lot. Maybe what the FBI says isn't always 100% accurate?

If you're talking about indictments since 2000, there really haven't been much for either Kansas City or Buffalo. Furthermore, it's been years since the feds even bothered to release a chart of those families. Neither of them have been included in any articles in recent years listing remaining families. Once again, of course, that doesn't mean there aren't members still alive, some who are still active.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645558
04/30/12 08:14 PM
04/30/12 08:14 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

If you're talking about indictments since 2000, there really haven't been much for either Kansas City or Buffalo. Furthermore, it's been years since the feds even bothered to release a chart of those families. Neither of them have been included in any articles in recent years listing remaining families. Once again, of course, that doesn't mean there aren't members still alive, some who are still active.

You just displayed a chart indicating multiple drug busts for Kansas City and Buffalo since 2000. So what is it? There needs to be charts released and articles written for them to be "viable"? Drugs busts are not indicative of that?

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Mussolini14] #645560
04/30/12 08:24 PM
04/30/12 08:24 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You just displayed a chart indicating multiple drug busts for Kansas City and Buffalo since 2000. So what is it? There needs to be charts released and articles written for them to be "viable"? Drugs busts are not indicative of that?

No. A couple cases each for Buffalo and Kansas City, in which individual members or associates have been busted for trafficking in drugs, isn't really a sign of a viable family. For a viable family, it needs to meet the RICO criteria - ongoing criminal activity in behalf of an organization. Neither Buffalo or Kansas City really has either.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645561
04/30/12 08:28 PM
04/30/12 08:28 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

No. A couple cases each for Buffalo and Kansas City, in which individual members or associates have been busted for trafficking in drugs, isn't really a sign of a viable family. For a viable family, it needs to meet the RICO criteria - ongoing criminal activity in behalf of an organization. Neither Buffalo or Kansas City really has either.

Well isn't any bust just an "individual" member or an associate? I haven't heard of any bust of "The Gambino Family" or "The Genovese Family". Usually on an indictment it just says an individuals name, no?

Furthermore do you know if those individuals were kicking up? Does the chart specify if they were pocketing all the $, kicking any up, or paying tribute?

From where I'm standing you are really contradicting what you usually assert on the boards.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 04/30/12 08:30 PM.
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Mussolini14] #645563
04/30/12 08:34 PM
04/30/12 08:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Well isn't any bust just an "individual" member or an associate? I haven't heard of any bust of "The Gambino Family" or "The Genovese Family". Usually on an indictment it just says an individuals name, no?

Furthermore do you know if those individuals were kicking up? Does the chart specify if they were pocketing all the $, kicking any up, or paying tribute?

In New York, or New England for example, there's been multiple mob/drug cases, involving several guys who have been named in this position or that position, over an extended period of time. In other words, it's activity that is obviously sanctioned and/or run by the family. It's not at all that clear in the handful of cases in Buffalo or Kansas City.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645565
04/30/12 08:43 PM
04/30/12 08:43 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

In New York, or New England for example, there's been multiple mob/drug cases, involving several guys who have been named in this position or that position, over an extended period of time. In other words, it's activity that is obviously sanctioned and/or run by the family. It's not at all that clear in the handful of cases in Buffalo or Kansas City.

You're right, it isn't clear so how can you arrive at the conclusion that "they were not kicking up or acting on behalf of the enterprise"? You admit there are still made guys in Buffalo and Kansas City right? So unless these life long criminals all the sudden decide they no longer want what is rightfully theirs ( tribute $) I would safely say the accused were kicking up and therefore at least to some extent acting on behalf of a criminal enterprise.

Finally do you not agree that anyone made guy or associate operating in these supposed "non viable" areas loves the perception that the mafia is dead in their area?

I know your formula for indicating where viable families still are based on FBI indictments and statements makes sense on paper but to think that all FBI agencies operate on the same level with the same priorities in every city is horribly flawed. To draw the conclusion that Detroit or Buffalo is extinct because they don't have the amount of mafia indictments as NY or CHicago is the same as saying "the Detroit FBI branch allocates the same amount of resources and priority to mafia activity as the FBI in NYC does and since they do not have the same number of indictment the mafia must be non viable in Detroit".

Now I do not know in which cities the mafia is still active in, but IMO your formula in which you use to base your conclusions is seriously flawed.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 04/30/12 08:55 PM.
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Mussolini14] #645567
04/30/12 09:10 PM
04/30/12 09:10 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You're right, it isn't clear so how can you arrive at the conclusion that "they were not kicking up or acting on behalf of the enterprise"? You admit there are still made guys in Buffalo and Kansas City right? So unless these life long criminals all the sudden decide they no longer want what is rightfully theirs ( tribute $) I would safely say the accused were kicking up and therefore at least to some extent acting on behalf of a criminal enterprise.

Finally do you not agree that anyone made guy or associate operating in these supposed "non viable" areas loves the perception that the mafia is dead in their area?

I know your formula for indicating where viable families still are based on FBI indictments and statements makes sense on paper but to think that all FBI agencies operate on the same level with the same priorities in every city is horribly flawed. To draw the conclusion that Detroit or Buffalo is extinct because they don't have the amount of mafia indictments as NY or CHicago is the same as saying "the Detroit FBI branch allocates the same amount of resources and priority to mafia activity as the FBI in NYC does and since they do not have the same number of indictment the mafia must be non viable in Detroit".

Now I do not know in which cities the mafia is still active in, but IMO your formula in which you use to base your conclusions is seriously flawed.

I've heard these same arguments from others.

First, it's not my formula. It's not like I've come up with my own 50 point checklist of what makes a viable family. I'm going by the minimal RICO criteria that defines organized crime - which only requires two things.

Again, neither Buffalo or Kansas City has been included on any official list of viable families for over a decade now. Detroit is on some but not on others. And the mob cases in all three cities have been few and far between for years now. What we see in these areas is more a case of residual activity from remnants of families that once were.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645583
04/30/12 10:38 PM
04/30/12 10:38 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

I've heard these same arguments from others.

First, it's not my formula. It's not like I've come up with my own 50 point checklist of what makes a viable family. I'm going by the minimal RICO criteria that defines organized crime - which only requires two things.

Again, neither Buffalo or Kansas City has been included on any official list of viable families for over a decade now. Detroit is on some but not on others. And the mob cases in all three cities have been few and far between for years now. What we see in these areas is more a case of residual activity from remnants of families that once were.

If I'm a mobster striving to be the best in my field the perception you espouse is music to my ears.
A guy as savvy as Tocco loves your opinion on this matter.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 04/30/12 10:40 PM.
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Mussolini14] #645601
05/01/12 01:46 AM
05/01/12 01:46 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

If I'm a mobster striving to be the best in my field the perception you espouse is music to my ears.

I've heard that argument too. "Oh, they're just laying low." Heck, if that's the case, the Dallas and Denver families really must be plugging along. Haven't heard anything from them in decades.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645610
05/01/12 03:35 AM
05/01/12 03:35 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA

If you're talking about indictments since 2000, there really haven't been much for either Kansas City or Buffalo. Furthermore, it's been years since the feds even bothered to release a chart of those families.

That really says a lot (the part that I bolded).

Though I think of Kansas City as more active than Detroit.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645624
05/01/12 08:29 AM
05/01/12 08:29 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

I've heard that argument too. "Oh, they're just laying low." Heck, if that's the case, the Dallas and Denver families really must be plugging along. Haven't heard anything from them in decades.

You are using you're same flawed logic again IVY , in that if one family is just laying low then they all must be, as if it is not possible for several families to being laying low and other to be defunct. Not surprising though as you seem to believe all FBI agencies have the same agenda, priorities and allocated resources the same.

You assuming mob families and are carbon copies of one another is flawed. You assuming FBI agencies are all carbon copies of one another is flawed. Unless you can show some date that FBI agencies across the USA allocate the same percentage of $ to combat the mafia vs Street gangs, counter terrorism, ect than the formula you ascribe to has no merit.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 05/01/12 08:34 AM.
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Mussolini14] #645703
05/01/12 06:41 PM
05/01/12 06:41 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You are using you're same flawed logic again IVY , in that if one family is just laying low then they all must be, as if it is not possible for several families to being laying low and other to be defunct. Not surprising though as you seem to believe all FBI agencies have the same agenda, priorities and allocated resources the same.

You assuming mob families and are carbon copies of one another is flawed. You assuming FBI agencies are all carbon copies of one another is flawed. Unless you can show some date that FBI agencies across the USA allocate the same percentage of $ to combat the mafia vs Street gangs, counter terrorism, ect than the formula you ascribe to has no merit.

So when exactly do we write a family off? When every last person, including every Joe Schmoe on a message board, agrees that a specific family is gone? Because I've had people insist there are still families in New Orleans, Rockford, Denver, San Francisco, etc. Do we have to wait 20 years of little to no activity? 50 years? FBI not allocating resources to a given family is evidence in itself.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/01/12 06:42 PM.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: botz] #645704
05/01/12 06:48 PM
05/01/12 06:48 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

"The Mafia remains potent in the New York City area, where officials say the mob is hard to uproot because it has five separate and large crime families, and in the suburbs of Chicago. But in most other areas, where prosecutors have to contend with only a single family, the legendary mob that once controlled entire labor unions, city governments, and criminal enterprises has clearly lost its grip." (1990)
http://www.the-laborers.org/lexisnexis/articles/mob_in_decline.htm

"Only New York and Chicago have substantial Mafia organizations." (1997)
http://www.slate.com/id/1054/

The estimated made membership of the LCN is 1100 nationwide, with roughly 80% of the members operating in the New York metropolitan area. There are five crime families that make up the LCN in New York City: the Bonanno, the Colombo, the Genovese, the Gambino, and the Lucchese families. There is also LCN operational activity in Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, and the Miami\South Florida area, but much less so than in New York. In other previous strongholds such as Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh, the LCN is now weak or non-existent. La Cosa Nostra is a high priority for the FBI and for law enforcement in New York City. Elsewhere, however, it is a low priority, with attention being characterized by members as "hit and miss" because of a belief that "things are under control." (1999)
http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/218555.pdf

The LCN is most active in the New York metropolitan area, parts of New Jersey, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, and New England. It has members in other major cities and is involved in international crimes. (2000)
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/organizedcrime/italian_mafia/?searchterm=lacosanostra

"Only families in New York and Chicago, the largest traditional bases, retained a semblance of organizational frameworks. Elsewhere in the nation, the twenty-odd borgatas were in disarray or practically defunct, except in areas where the New York and Chicago families had branches, especially in Florida. The remaining strength of the Mob was largely concentrated in New York and the Northeast Corridor." (Raab, Five Families - 2005)

"Cosa Nostra, once a nationwide organization of Italian-American mobsters, is down to one outfit in Chicago and New York City's five organized families - the Bonannos, Colombos, Gambinos, Genovese, and Luccheses. They are about 'all that's left,' Mob historian Selwyn Raab says." (2005)
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-03-09-mafia-cover_x.htm

Once boasting 26 families nationwide, the mob is down to 11, half of those confined to the New York area. Moreover, the Mafia's influence still extends far beyond New York. There remain active families in Chicago, Detroit, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Miami. (2006)
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/badguys/060912/the_mafia_a_21stcentury_cosa_n.htm

"They're beleaguered, battered, and bruised but they are far from wiped out. They have been hurt by nearly three decades of prosecutions, mostly by federal authorities. But the five families in New York and those in other metropolitan areas, notably Chicago and its suburbs, remain viable criminal networks. (2006)
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/05/weekinreview/05capeci.html

Today, families in former strongholds like Cleveland, Tampa, and Los Angeles are gone. our thing - as initiates called the mob - is in serious decline everywhere but New York City. (2007)
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-10-25-2782988181_x.htm

"There are 9 La Cosa Nostra families throughout the country; five of them exist in New York." (Michael Franzese, 2009)

Most members of the LCN operate in the New York metropolitan area, but there are also criminal operations in Boston, Chicago, Newark, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Miami. (2010)
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R40525.pdf

"While the Mafia - also known as La Cosa Nostra - may no longer possess the robust national presence it once had, it remains a significant threat in the extended New York metropolitan area, New England, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Detroit." (2011)
http://documents.latimes.com/fbis-mafia-family-tree/

Even after imprisonment of senior leadership, it survives, and in some places thrives, though most experts agree that its operations are now largely confined to its traditional bases in the Northeast and Chicago. (2011)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704115404576096392318489246.html

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/01/12 07:07 PM.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645717
05/01/12 08:38 PM
05/01/12 08:38 PM
M
ManofHonor Offline
Associate
ManofHonor  Offline
M
Associate
It is one of the rules from the old country. They call them the 10 commandments.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: IvyLeague] #645718
05/01/12 08:55 PM
05/01/12 08:55 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
"The Mafia remains potent in the New York City area, where officials say the mob is hard to uproot because it has five separate and large crime families, and in the suburbs of Chicago. But in most other areas, where prosecutors have to contend with only a single family, the legendary mob that once controlled entire labor unions, city governments, and criminal enterprises has clearly lost its grip." (1990)

The estimated made membership of the LCN is 1100 nationwide, with roughly 80% of the members operating in the New York metropolitan area. There are five crime families that make up the LCN in New York City: the Bonanno, the Colombo, the Genovese, the Gambino, and the Lucchese families. There is also LCN operational activity in Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, and the Miami\South Florida area, but much less so than in New York. In other previous strongholds such as Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh, the LCN is now weak or non-existent. La Cosa Nostra is a high priority for the FBI and for law enforcement in New York City. Elsewhere, however, it is a low priority, with attention being characterized by members as "hit and miss" because of a belief that "things are under control." (1999)

The LCN is most active in the New York metropolitan area, parts of New Jersey, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, and New England. It has members in other major cities and is involved in international crimes. (2000)
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/organizedcrime/italian_mafia/?searchterm=lacosanostra

"Only families in New York and Chicago, the largest traditional bases, retained a semblance of organizational frameworks. Elsewhere in the nation, the twenty-odd borgatas were in disarray or practically defunct, except in areas where the New York and Chicago families had branches, especially in Florida. The remaining strength of the Mob was largely concentrated in New York and the Northeast Corridor." (Raab, Five Families - 2005)

"Cosa Nostra, once a nationwide organization of Italian-American mobsters, is down to one outfit in Chicago and New York City's five organized families - the Bonannos, Colombos, Gambinos, Genovese, and Luccheses. They are about 'all that's left,' Mob historian Selwyn Raab says." (2005)

Once boasting 26 families nationwide, the mob is down to 11, half of those confined to the New York area. Moreover, the Mafia's influence still extends far beyond New York. There remain active families in Chicago, Detroit, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Miami. (2006)
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/badguys/060912/the_mafia_a_21stcentury_cosa_n.htm

"They're beleaguered, battered, and bruised but they are far from wiped out. They have been hurt by nearly three decades of prosecutions, mostly by federal authorities. But the five families in New York and those in other metropolitan areas, notably Chicago and its suburbs, remain viable criminal networks. (2006)

Today, families in former strongholds like Cleveland, Tampa, and Los Angeles are gone. our thing - as initiates called the mob - is in serious decline everywhere but New York City. (2007)

"There are 9 La Cosa Nostra families throughout the country; five of them exist in New York." (Michael Franzese, 2009)

Most members of the LCN operate in the New York metropolitan area, but there are also criminal operations in Boston, Chicago, Newark, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Miami. (2010)

"While the Mafia - also known as La Cosa Nostra - may no longer possess the robust national presence it once had, it remains a significant threat in the extended New York metropolitan area, New England, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Detroit." (2011)

Even after imprisonment of senior leadership, it survives, and in some places thrives, though most experts agree that its operations are now largely confined to its traditional bases in the Northeast and Chicago. (2011)

Quoting people with an obvious agenda! Real persuasive.

Thats like asking Cefulu, Vito Rizzuto and the late Sal Montanga what there thoughts are and taking there responses as gospel lol. seriously what's the difference? " So MR Rizzuto, do you think the Government has what it takes to dismantle your organization in the next 10 years or are you savvy enough to persevere?" You really do have a double standard and believe the US government to be infallible don't you ?

Did Raab ask any mobsters their opinion on the matter?

The list you posted is really no different than interviewing members of one of the teams in the 2012 world series and asking them if they think they will win or not and taking the answers as gospel truth.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 05/01/12 09:26 PM.
Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Mussolini14] #645731
05/01/12 10:04 PM
05/01/12 10:04 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Give me a friggin' break. Agenda? What agenda? You'll just ignore or explain away any evidence that put in front of your face. And you say you "could care less." Ha. You're the classic example of fanboyism. There's really no other explanation.

Quote:
Thats like asking Cefulu, Vito Rizzuto and the late Sal Montanga what there thoughts are and taking there responses as gospel lol. seriously what's the difference? " So MR Rizzuto, do you think the Government has what it takes to dismantle your organization in the next 10 years or are you savvy enough to persevere?" You really do have a double standard and believe the US government to be infallible don't you ?

The list you posted is really no different than interviewing members of one of the teams in the 2012 world series and asking them if they think they will win or not and taking the answers as gospel truth.

Hey, man, whatever helps you sleep at night. If you can rest easier believing there's still viable, formally structured families in Buffalo and Kansas City, I won't bother you with facts any longer. whistle

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Mussolini14] #645743
05/01/12 10:32 PM
05/01/12 10:32 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Sincerely doubt it. If anything, I think the govt would say LCN was active in as many cities as possible to justify continued funding for its various LCN taskforces in each of those places, etc.

Agenda? No

Reality? Yes

Have you spoken to made guys in areas like Buffalo, etc and asked them if they had a viable family, rackets, making ceremonies? Why are you refusing to even acknowledge the overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: mafia's drug sales [Re: Dapper_Don] #645745
05/01/12 10:42 PM
05/01/12 10:42 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Sincerely doubt it. If anything, I think the govt would say LCN was active in as many cities as possible to justify continued funding for its various LCN taskforces in each of those places, etc.
this is one of the best arguements that can be made with regards to the viability of certain families.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull