GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, CNote, 2 invisible), 361 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,446
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,850
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,411
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes #637732
03/01/12 06:28 PM
03/01/12 06:28 PM
Slapout, Alabama
R
ronnie_little Offline OP
Made Member
ronnie_little  Offline OP
R
Made Member
Slapout, Alabama
Gotti was recorded giving O'Conner's name and address. Also saying he wanted to bust him up or something to that sort. I am guessing these are phone taps. The trial was in 89 and later that year he was caught again on tape discussing LCN activities. Am I on the right track here? IMO he should of been called quack quack. I know this is old news. I just watched him on youtube and realised he was caught on tape before they bugged the Ravenite.

Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: ronnie_little] #637746
03/01/12 07:52 PM
03/01/12 07:52 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Yeah, Gotti talked just as much as Ruggiero ever did. Gravano may have been the one that flipped, but Gotti yacking away on the Ravenite tapes was a precursor to that and did just as much damage.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: IvyLeague] #637748
03/01/12 09:01 PM
03/01/12 09:01 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Yeah, Gotti talked just as much as Ruggiero ever did. Gravano may have been the one that flipped, but Gotti yacking away on the Ravenite tapes was a precursor to that and did just as much damage.
Gotti, had a big mouth, no doubt , as I have stated before loose lips sink ships ! But he did have class, and he spent his time and with his medical condition it wasn't easy, he paid a price and was tough doing it ! Gravano, tough guy yes, but then got a chance and blew that FH! I have no respect for him at all ! Callen it the way I see it !

Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: Frosty] #637752
03/01/12 09:30 PM
03/01/12 09:30 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Frosty
Gotti, had a big mouth, no doubt , as I have stated before loose lips sink ships ! But he did have class, and he spent his time and with his medical condition it wasn't easy, he paid a price and was tough doing it ! Gravano, tough guy yes, but then got a chance and blew that FH! I have no respect for him at all ! Callen it the way I see it !

How can you respect any of those guys, though? They are/were all glorified thieves who preyed on others. I lump them all together in one barrel. And I'm not so sure how bad Sammy was for ratting. Gotti was saying some pretty bad things about Gravano. And this was after Gravano was helping to make Gotti very rich by giving John a huge cut of all of his (Gravano's) companies that Gotti was complaining about. At the end of the day, they are all liars, crooks and thieves. They rob, steal, and kill. But flipping on a guy is some sort of mortal sin? It was Gotti's big mouth that got them (Sammy, Frankie, Gotti) all arrested in the first place. You never heard Sammy's loose lips on any tape. Gotti caused his own downfall; Gravano just decided to help things along!

Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: JasonAnthony74] #638041
03/03/12 05:16 PM
03/03/12 05:16 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
your right ... I'm sure I read they tapped Sammy's office and they could not pin anything on him, he also never said one word about Gotti - I also think that Gotti said a lot of things about Sammy that were not true.. like "wheres my piece of these fuckin companies", don't tell me a hothead like Gotti would let Sammy set up all these companies and not get anything out of it - I think Gotti just liked to hear his own voice as when you hear the taps it's mostly bullshit and "poor john gotti", my ass

Last edited by gemini_killer; 03/03/12 05:17 PM.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo
Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: ronnie_little] #638063
03/03/12 08:38 PM
03/03/12 08:38 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Eh, Sammy took it all too personally. Half the time Gotti bragged about how much he loved Sammy, how'd he be the boss after John would go away (which he knew he would). Gotti criticized Sammy for being too white collar and with too many legitimate businesses. Sammy acted like John was talking about bad about his wife and kids.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: Nicholas] #638138
03/04/12 01:30 PM
03/04/12 01:30 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Eh, Sammy took it all too personally. Half the time Gotti bragged about how much he loved Sammy, how'd he be the boss after John would go away (which he knew he would). Gotti criticized Sammy for being too white collar and with too many legitimate businesses. Sammy acted like John was talking about bad about his wife and kids.

I think sammy couldn't handle jail. Not that im praising gotti because im glad he went to jail im just offering a theory. gotti had done some stretches in jail and sammy never did so no matter how tough you are jail can be overbearing if you aren't used to it

Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: JCrusher] #638205
03/04/12 04:56 PM
03/04/12 04:56 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: Nicholas

I think sammy couldn't handle jail. Not that im praising gotti because im glad he went to jail im just offering a theory. gotti had done some stretches in jail and sammy never did so no matter how tough you are jail can be overbearing if you aren't used to it

Yeah, but Sammy was in jail because of Gotti. If you get thrown in jail and are facing a life sentence because of someone else's big mouth, that's got to be hard to take.

Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: JasonAnthony74] #638553
03/06/12 01:05 PM
03/06/12 01:05 PM
E
eastiegian7 Offline
Associate
eastiegian7  Offline
E
Associate
ya, and what is the difference between them and the government? Nada.

Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: ronnie_little] #638604
03/06/12 06:50 PM
03/06/12 06:50 PM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
It was probably a combination; Gravano feeling betrayed by Gotti, and Gravano not wanting to spend time in jail and seeing his wife and kids. You don't flip like that just because someone bad-mouthed you.

Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: JasonAnthony74] #638666
03/06/12 11:43 PM
03/06/12 11:43 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Originally Posted By: Frosty

How can you respect any of those guys, though? They are/were all glorified thieves who preyed on others. I lump them all together in one barrel. And I'm not so sure how bad Sammy was for ratting. Gotti was saying some pretty bad things about Gravano. And this was after Gravano was helping to make Gotti very rich by giving John a huge cut of all of his (Gravano's) companies that Gotti was complaining about. At the end of the day, they are all liars, crooks and thieves. They rob, steal, and kill. But flipping on a guy is some sort of mortal sin? It was Gotti's big mouth that got them (Sammy, Frankie, Gotti) all arrested in the first place. You never heard Sammy's loose lips on any tape. Gotti caused his own downfall; Gravano just decided to help things along!

well that and also the FBI had a huge hardon for Gotti and wanted him on tape at ALL costs, various bugs in his club, cirelli's apt, etc taping gravano was secondary to the big prize that was on the front page of the ny papers beating the govt at different trials

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: John Gotti and the O' Conner tapes [Re: Dapper_Don] #638780
03/07/12 04:10 PM
03/07/12 04:10 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
yeah he was going to jail no matter what...

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull