GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chin_gigante), 71 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dad Shoots Laptop #635191
02/16/12 12:31 PM
02/16/12 12:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Has everyone seen this?

It's a little bit disturbing, but I have to admit that I laughed my ass off. My children are 23, 19 and 15, so I kinda empathize with the guy. But I can't say (or shoot) anything, because I spend way too much time online myself lol.

Thoughts?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635193
02/16/12 12:50 PM
02/16/12 12:50 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Yes! I saw that over the weekend. When my daughter was about 12, she was OBSESSED with a social site called Xenga (sp?) and this thing called Neopets (kind of a precurser to Farmville?) After countless pleads with her day after day from her mother & me to log off and do homework, chores, etc... I snapped! I took a pair of scissors and cut the cord to the mouse! My daughter screamed, my wife yelled and I laughed. After 2 nights on the couch I had to apologize. I admit it - I snapped! eek

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: Mark] #635194
02/16/12 12:57 PM
02/16/12 12:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Mark
Yes! I saw that over the weekend. When my daughter was about 12, she was OBSESSED with a social site called Xenga (sp?) and this thing called Neopets (kind of a precurser to Farmville?) After countless pleads with her day after day from her mother & me to log off and do homework, chores, etc... I snapped! I took a pair of scissors and cut the cord to the mouse! My daughter screamed, my wife yelled and I laughed. After 2 nights on the couch I had to apologize. I admit it - I snapped! eek

You're a regular Sicilian-American cowboy, Mark whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635196
02/16/12 01:11 PM
02/16/12 01:11 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You're a regular Sicilian-American cowboy, Mark whistle.

lol Yippee-Kie-Yay, Mi Amici!!! lol

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: Mark] #635197
02/16/12 01:14 PM
02/16/12 01:14 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
lol Yippee-Kie-Yay, Mi Amici!!! lol

VERY clever word play there! lol

I admit that I unfairly use the word redneck and make fun of the south far too often (especially on this site), but this guy is my new hero lol.

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635198
02/16/12 01:28 PM
02/16/12 01:28 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
This reminds me of the time when I girls were teenagers. I laid down the law: "No phone calls during dinner!" Yeah. Right. My wife told me Good Luck. I nearly lost my voice trying to enforce it.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635202
02/16/12 01:55 PM
02/16/12 01:55 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
The bottom line with this "cell phone-social network-text-twitter" generation is the intrusive, rude and immediate distribution of often hateful & negative information. It is so disheartening to be on a nice long weekend or getaway having the time of your life and in an instant your holiday is ruined because someone had to text your kids that the "social event of the year" is going on back home and they were not invited. Drama, dilemmas and melt downs... before you know it, parents are shooting up laptops!

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: Mark] #635208
02/16/12 02:10 PM
02/16/12 02:10 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
The bottom line with this "cell phone-social network-text-twitter" generation is the intrusive, rude and immediate distribution of often hateful & negative information. It is so disheartening to be on a nice long weekend or getaway having the time of your life and in an instant your holiday is ruined because someone had to text your kids that the "social event of the year" is going on back home and they were not invited. Drama, dilemmas and melt downs... before you know it, parents are shooting up laptops!

I think this is it right here. It hurts and it's not something your child is doing to hurt you, but it does make us feel second best. Or third.. My daughter is only 8, so she's next to us all the time and that's where she wants to be. But my son, who is 14, I know he doesn't want to be "dragged" much anymore with us for a night out or whatever. It gets harder and harder to hold onto them, and today it's harder than ever.

At least this guy on the vid made his point in a pretty calm manner. One thing that would make me lose it more than anything is what his daughter did to him and their family. Openly disgracing and talking bad about your family on a public network like facebook, I would not be able to forgive for a long long time. Family issues belong in the house within the family, not for all the world to view. But I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it. She was kinda using her facebook post as a "Dear Diary" to vent and get her feelings out. Everybody needs to vent, but you just can't be putting stuff like this out there in public.

I have little to no patience, though. I've broken a lot of stuff. Including when I couldn't finish a sentence without my husband's cell phone ringing. I pulled it out of the charger finally, threw it on the floor and smashed it with the heel of my boot. Then I had to duck from a pint of chicken and broccoli hurling at me.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: carmela] #635209
02/16/12 02:12 PM
02/16/12 02:12 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: carmela
Then I had to duck from a pint of chicken and broccoli hurling at me.

Thank God he didn't order the spareribs. You might not be here today.

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635254
02/16/12 05:54 PM
02/16/12 05:54 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
THANK YOU pb,

AMEN , To this wink these punks (male and female) that are given all of this and have the disrespect to do this deserve everything she got !

That is one good father, also sounds like a good mother.

Outstanding ! 5 Stars on my rating !

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: Mark] #635647
02/19/12 09:05 PM
02/19/12 09:05 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
I caught that on Reddit. So awesome! Good on him, his daughter sounds like a total ingrate.

I took a pair of scissors and cut the cord to the mouse! My daughter screamed, my wife yelled and I laughed. After 2 nights on the couch I had to apologize. I admit it - I snapped! eek

lol THIS is awesome. Sicilian Dad is suitably Sicilian.

As a soon to be Dad, its almost funny to think that my daughter will never know any other way but social networking and instant communication. As prevelant as it is now, I can only wonder at how entrenched it will be by the time she's of age to use it.

(cough.)
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #635653
02/19/12 09:17 PM
02/19/12 09:17 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
I caught that on Reddit. So awesome! Good on him, his daughter sounds like a total ingrate.

I took a pair of scissors and cut the cord to the mouse! My daughter screamed, my wife yelled and I laughed. After 2 nights on the couch I had to apologize. I admit it - I snapped! eek

lol THIS is awesome. Sicilian Dad is suitably Sicilian.

You must have missed the part where he said he spent 2 nights on the couch for cutting that wire. Aaaand we're back to American. grin

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635655
02/19/12 09:21 PM
02/19/12 09:21 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
This man is one good father ! Wonder if she had a cell phone ? wink cool If she did , that would have been one shot one kill !

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #635680
02/19/12 11:23 PM
02/19/12 11:23 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
As a soon to be Dad, its almost funny to think that my daughter will never know any other way but social networking and instant communication. As prevelant as it is now, I can only wonder at how entrenched it will be by the time she's of age to use it.

It is indeed so entrenched now, that I shudder to think of it even being possible to be more controlling of our lives in the future. But, sadly, I'm sure this, too, will come to pass.

I teach part-time at a local college. Recently, I told my class that I do not own a cell phone, palm-whatzis i-thisorthat or any of those things. One girl looked at me, her eyes popping out of her head, and said, "But...how do you communicate??"

I told her I still have a land line, my trusty PC still runs quite well (even if it is a vintage 1999 antique ComputerSaurus), and that if people really need to contact me, they know where to find me. Smoke signals are also an option, I added. I'm not sure she got the joke.

Perhaps I'm a fossil who doesn't really know what he's missing, but I don't consider my life incomplete without all these little high-tech gadgets and "social networking."

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635687
02/20/12 12:59 AM
02/20/12 12:59 AM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
My friend I am a Fossil , and damm proud of it ! Kids are given to much, phones,laptops, games, and we are turning them into fricken idiots ! Because we do not want to spend time with them playing ball, playing vidio games with them, ! Hunting, Fishing, Softball, Football, Socker, Drama, Dance, fine arts, We adults are fucken idiots, leave them alone , get into trouble, and get killed !

Anyone that says I am wrong , get a fricken grip and look at your family and life ! Things are not easy but, what is the most important things , YOUR KIDS and Family ! confused people who do not feel that in there heart and soul, Good luck and don't cry at your kids funerals, you do not deserve the privalge !

Frosty Take that to the Bank ! quote Robert Blake !

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635701
02/20/12 03:02 AM
02/20/12 03:02 AM
J
JPaisano Offline
Wiseguy
JPaisano  Offline
J
Wiseguy
That spoiled little brat girl needed to be taught a lesson. Her father was nice enough to buy her a laptop and she does that. I have broke my sons PS3 for all the neighbors to see when my son got a bad report card.

These kids are such thugs nowadays.

Last edited by JPaisano; 02/20/12 03:04 AM.
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: JPaisano] #635704
02/20/12 03:46 AM
02/20/12 03:46 AM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JPaisano
That spoiled little brat girl needed to be taught a lesson. Her father was nice enough to buy her a laptop and she does that. I have broke my sons PS3 for all the neighbors to see when my son got a bad report card.

These kids are such thugs nowadays.
wink Good man, and only if we let them be idiots, and thugs. We rule they don't. Keep up the good work and make them earn what they get like we did ! No threats just a promise ! wink

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: Signor Vitelli] #635707
02/20/12 04:33 AM
02/20/12 04:33 AM
J
JPaisano Offline
Wiseguy
JPaisano  Offline
J
Wiseguy

Don't take this the wrong way, but from what I'm reading you just sound like your cheap.
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli

It is indeed so entrenched now, that I shudder to think of it even being possible to be more controlling of our lives in the future. But, sadly, I'm sure this, too, will come to pass.

I teach part-time at a local college. Recently, I told my class that I do not own a cell phone, palm-whatzis i-thisorthat or any of those things. One girl looked at me, her eyes popping out of her head, and said, "But...how do you communicate??"

I told her I still have a land line, my trusty PC still runs quite well (even if it is a vintage 1999 antique ComputerSaurus), and that if people really need to contact me, they know where to find me. Smoke signals are also an option, I added. I'm not sure she got the joke.

Perhaps I'm a fossil who doesn't really know what he's missing, but I don't consider my life incomplete without all these little high-tech gadgets and "social networking."

Signor V.

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: JPaisano] #635725
02/20/12 08:50 AM
02/20/12 08:50 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia

Don't take this the wrong way, but from what I'm reading you just sound like your cheap.
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Signor V.

JPaisano: Misses The Point

(cough.)
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635729
02/20/12 09:41 AM
02/20/12 09:41 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Wait a minute, I just read the post about breaking the PS3 over a report card. In front of all the neigbours. Am I the only one that thinks that totally different? That's not cool, that's kinda fucked up.

To quote the GBB mascot Frosty...just sayen.

(cough.)
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: carmela] #635735
02/20/12 11:20 AM
02/20/12 11:20 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela

I think this is it right here. It hurts and it's not something your child is doing to hurt you, but it does make us feel second best. Or third.. My daughter is only 8, so she's next to us all the time and that's where she wants to be. But my son, who is 14, I know he doesn't want to be "dragged" much anymore with us for a night out or whatever. It gets harder and harder to hold onto them, and today it's harder than ever.

At least this guy on the vid made his point in a pretty calm manner. One thing that would make me lose it more than anything is what his daughter did to him and their family. Openly disgracing and talking bad about your family on a public network like facebook, I would not be able to forgive for a long long time. Family issues belong in the house within the family, not for all the world to view. But I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it. She was kinda using her facebook post as a "Dear Diary" to vent and get her feelings out. Everybody needs to vent, but you just can't be putting stuff like this out there in public.

I have little to no patience, though. I've broken a lot of stuff. Including when I couldn't finish a sentence without my husband's cell phone ringing. I pulled it out of the charger finally, threw it on the floor and smashed it with the heel of my boot. Then I had to duck from a pint of chicken and broccoli hurling at me.

My daughter and some friends came home from college this weekend and I observed something that made sense of all this instant communication thing. This is so a generational thing. We have an entire generation that thinks nothing about a constant and multiple interruptions via text, cell, tweet, IM, Facebook update, etc... While eating Sunday dinner yesterday, not one of them actually looked at each other while the other one was talking. If someone was speaking, it seemed for the most part that the others were texting, checking online, whatever. I know at times I am told by my 26 year old son and 20 year old daughter that I am too "old school", but the light bulb finally went on for me this weekend; electronic interruption is now the rule not the exception. Now, get off my lawn you damn kids!!! wink

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: pizzaboy] #635752
02/20/12 01:18 PM
02/20/12 01:18 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I don't know, Mark. While I'm sometimes guilty, using electronic devices at a dinner table or restaurant with company is just plain rude. If I had kids, the table would be a no-device zone.

At the same time, I wouldn't destroy the damn thing if I paid for it! lol

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #635759
02/20/12 02:13 PM
02/20/12 02:13 PM
J
JPaisano Offline
Wiseguy
JPaisano  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Meatballs it was out of line I wouldn't usually do that. I had one kid later then the rest, and just the transition with technology has made our children/teenagers/20 somethings extremely lazy.
From an economic standpoint it will be in most of our children's future as well as our own.

Wait a minute, I just read the post about breaking the PS3 over a report card. In front of all the neigbours. Am I the only one that thinks that totally different? That's not cool, that's kinda fucked up.

To quote the GBB mascot Frosty...just sayen.

Last edited by JPaisano; 02/20/12 02:14 PM.
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: JPaisano] #635762
02/20/12 02:30 PM
02/20/12 02:30 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
I just saw this video and me and my lady had a hell of a laugh lol

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: JPaisano] #635769
02/20/12 03:49 PM
02/20/12 03:49 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY

Don't take it the wrong way? And just how am I supposed to react to a remark like that? confused mad

JPaisano, you've only been on the Boards for less than one day, and you know absolutely nothing about me. Until you know me, know about my life, my finances, my needs (both personal and professional) etc., I suggest you refrain from making judgmental comments like that which only serve to antagonize - no matter how you claim you "meant" them.

And the word is "you're", not "your".

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: JPaisano] #635782
02/20/12 05:31 PM
02/20/12 05:31 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

Some people would have hired a tutor.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: JPaisano] #635826
02/20/12 10:16 PM
02/20/12 10:16 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

That wasn't a very nice thing to say. You owe Sr. Vitelli an apology.

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: SC] #635838
02/21/12 12:14 AM
02/21/12 12:14 AM
J
JPaisano Offline
Wiseguy
JPaisano  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Sorry. Poor choice of words

Originally Posted By: SC

Last edited by JPaisano; 02/21/12 12:15 AM.
Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: SC] #635839
02/21/12 12:23 AM
02/21/12 12:23 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: SC

I concur. I actually agree with the point that Sr. V was making; namely, that many can do just fine without much of the state-of-the-art electronic devices. My cell phone, which is relatively basic, is necessary for work, and convenient as my family has all kinds of schedules. I like it also because with a son away at college. he can reach me any time.

The down side is that these devices are also leashes, keeping you connected constantly to the office and the burdens of the world. But they probably said the same thing about the telephone.

Re: Dad Shoots Laptop [Re: J Geoff] #635931
02/21/12 04:08 PM
02/21/12 04:08 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I don't know, Mark. While I'm sometimes guilty, using electronic devices at a dinner table or restaurant with company is just plain rude. If I had kids, the table would be a no-device zone.

At the same time, I wouldn't destroy the damn thing if I paid for it! lol
Some very great points have been made on this thread ! But after reading Geoff's statement, it would be stupid to blow it up ! The article also stated that he had put another $160.00 into it along with time. I like my big boys toys "even being the village drunk, idiot, mascott. grin But kids and others that do not respect others in what they say , maybe should just have their tounge removed instead of wasting good electronic's ! wink cool I also enjoyed the no-device zone . ( Or flying pie-hole zone) ! wink

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull