GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 47 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,680
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: spmob] #633751
02/08/12 02:40 PM
02/08/12 02:40 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Martines is still locked up for life he tried and killeed john veasey and was not succesful

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: CarloRizzo] #633755
02/08/12 02:45 PM
02/08/12 02:45 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
He was a Stanfa guy

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: spmob] #633761
02/08/12 03:00 PM
02/08/12 03:00 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Oh yep didnt read your original post close enough

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: CarloRizzo] #633813
02/08/12 05:14 PM
02/08/12 05:14 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Thought of one....Joseph "Chickie" Chang. He aint dead or out yet, right? lol

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: CarloRizzo] #633831
02/08/12 05:48 PM
02/08/12 05:48 PM
Italy
Money Offline
Button
Money  Offline
Button
Italy
Philip Narducci (Philly Mob) will be release 20/5/2012

Last edited by Money; 02/09/12 05:37 AM.
Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: CarloRizzo] #633837
02/08/12 06:05 PM
02/08/12 06:05 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
when teddy persico sr will be released? i heard 2013

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: m2w] #634024
02/09/12 09:31 PM
02/09/12 09:31 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: m2w
when teddy persico sr will be released? i heard 2013

Theodore “Teddy” Persico Sr/74 (IP/10/09/2013)

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: CarloRizzo] #634026
02/09/12 09:32 PM
02/09/12 09:32 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Came across this old article and figured Id share in case anybody hasnt read it, its about Sonny Franzese.

"Legendary Colombo family gangster John (Sonny) Franzese is certainly past his prime. But the feds say the nonagenarian wiseguy is so well-versed in the art of the modern day mob hit that they want jurors at his upcoming racketeering trial to hear him expound on his style.

Prosecutors want jurors to listen to tapes where Franzese, who celebrated his 93d birthday two weeks ago, talks to a pal about his prowess as a mob hitman who was suspected in many gangland-style slayings by authorities over the years but "never caught." Since murder is a favored wiseguy tool, the feds say Sonny's skill at it would tend to prove that he was part of the racketeering conspiracy during the years - 2002 to 2006 - that he is charged with several loansharking and extortion scams.

"Franzese noted that he had committed numerous murders in connection with his membership in the Colombo crime family," prosecutors Elizabeth Geddes, James Gatta and Rachel Nash say in court filings.

At the time he was speaking, Franzese thought he was talking to an up and coming mob recruit who was going to be "made." Actually, Gaetano (Guy) Fatato, whose status as a mob turncoat was disclosed by Gang Land in 2007, was working for the feds and wired for sound.

One reason he never got caught, Franzese told Fatato, was "that he used to wear nail polish on his fingertips during murders to avoid leaving fingerprints," the prosecutors say in the papers filed in Brooklyn Federal Court.

On October 13, 2006, while discussing the then-pending case against acting boss Alphonse Persico for the 1999 murder of William (Wild Bill) Cutolo, whose body had not yet been recovered, Franzese stressed the importance of disposing of murder victims.

"Today, you can't have a body no more... It's better to take that half-an-hour, an hour, to get rid of the body than it is to leave the body on the street," he said, according to the prosecutors.

A few months later, on December 4, 2006, the prosecutors wrote, Franzese told Fatato that he had done "a lot of work" back in the 1950s and 1960s for the Colombo family: "I killed a lot of guys ... you're not talking about four, five, six, ten."

He spoke glowingly of two "tough bastards" who, like him and current family boss Carmine (Junior) Persico, were involved in the shooting war that raged those years between loyalists of then-boss Joe Profaci and rebels aligned with the upstart Gallo brothers led by Crazy Joe Gallo.

Interestingly, the tough wiseguys he singled out for praise - Joseph (Joe Jelly) Gioelli and Salvatore (Sally D) D'Ambrosio - were each killed the way Sonny believes murder victims should be whacked today: their bodies were never found.

D'Ambrosio, who disappeared in December, 1969, is said to have been killed in a Bensonhurst social club - his bloodstained shirt was found there later - on orders from boss Joe Colombo.

Nine years earlier, Sally D was one of several Profaci stawarts who dispatched Gioelli, a roly poly gangster who enjoyed deep-sea fishing, on a boat out of Sheepshead Bay. The next day, the crew wrapped his coat around a dead fish and tossed it in front of a Gravesend candy store where he hung out to announce that Joe Jelly was "sleeping with the fishes."

Franzese, whose mob star shone until he was convicted of a bank robbery conspiracy in 1967 and he was hit with a 50-year sentence, was so feared back then, he boasted to Fatato, that "a newspaper had once reported that he was responsible for hundreds of murders."

If Fatato were called on to take part in a hit, Sonny said "he should wear a hairnet to avoid leaving DNA evidence," the prosecutors wrote. He also offered grisly cooking lessons. Disposal of a body, Franzese advised Fatato, could be accomplished "by dismembering the corpse in a kiddie pool and drying the severed body parts in a microwave before stuffing the parts in a commercial-grade garbage disposal," wrote Geddes, Gatta and Nash.

As you might expect, Franzese's lawyer has asked trial judge Brian Cogan to block prosecutors from using any taped discussions about killings Sonny may have committed decades before the charges in the current indictment. In court papers filed last week, attorney Richard Lind argues that the "alleged murders" his client "boasted" about were so old, had nothing to do with the charges against any of the six defendants in the case, and were so "far more serious" than the charged crimes that Franzese could not receive a fair trial if they were introduced into evidence.

Meanwhile, as Gang Land reported last week, Franzese's namesake, son John Jr., who has been an FBI informer since 1996, is waiting in the wings to take the witnesss stand and point a damning fnger at his aging Mafia father."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-capeci/feds-want-jury-to-hear-so_b_470557.html

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: CarloRizzo] #634040
02/09/12 11:21 PM
02/09/12 11:21 PM
C
CarloRizzo Offline OP
Button
CarloRizzo  Offline OP
C
Button
it's scary how these guys have murder down to a science.
It seems like now every time there is a murder guys get busted quickly, but back in the day guys used to get away with decades of murder. Maybe they still do and we just don't hear about them, but I know a couple guys got busted for the Montagna murder a while back.

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: Dapper_Don] #634053
02/10/12 03:41 AM
02/10/12 03:41 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Interesting article, Daps! Thanx for sharing.

Regardless of what people might think of mobsters, Sonny Franzese is somewhat of a living legend. Many people think that Franzese was framed by the FBI when charged and sentenced to a 50 year prison term in 1969. And not once did he considered talking. He has been out on parole numerous times but repeated parole violations has gotten him back into jail every time.

There are some confusing information circulating the internet regarding his mob rank during the 1960s.
Perhaps a little nitpicky and hairsplitting, but he was NOT Joseph Colombo´s underboss at that time. He held the rank of a capo. Newspapers claimed he was the underboss and somehow it stuck.

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 02/10/12 03:42 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: Dapper_Don] #636195
02/23/12 01:51 AM
02/23/12 01:51 AM
J
JPaisano Offline
Wiseguy
JPaisano  Offline
J
Wiseguy

Dapper you know alot about the mob, have you ever been in the can?

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: tiger84
The living legend of LCN 93 year old Sonny Franzese sentenced to 8 years in 2011, his scheduled release date is June 25, 2017.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Franzese

Bonanno Capo Anthony "Bruno/Whack-Whack" Indelicato, got 20 years in 2008, his projected release date is July 20, 2023, when he would be 76 years old.

Bonanno soldier Anthony “Ace/T” Aiello who is 34 gets out May 6, 2031 at the age of 53.

Anthony Aiello was 28 when he got put in jail and he didnt snitch like the other guys in that Pizzolo murder case.This guy after he is released will be administration level within 5 years even baldo amoto saw something in this guy.Can u imagine being 28 and getting out at 53?this guy will probably never have a family and his parents will be dead probably.He must really belive in lcn.Imagine not having sex throughout your 30s and 40s poor guy lol

yep basciano was picked up on a recording by the fat rat massino in the can talking about ace and how he was massino's "luca brasi" and how baldo schooled him in the old ways and he was very loyal etc

ace's dad i believe is also in the can Bonanno soldier Anonio “Tony” Aiello

here we go

"Based on recordings former boss-turned-rat Joseph "Big Joey" Massino made of his successor, Vincent "Vinny Gorgeous" Basciano, while wearing a wire, the "Godfather" character he and his crew most resemble is not Vito or Michael. It's Fredo.
"[Anthony] Ace Aiello is like a Luca Brasi," Basciano said, comparing the Bonanno sodlier to the Corleone's loyal hit man, on recordings played in Brooklyn federal court yesterday.
"He's your Luca Brasi," Basciano said. "

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/2011/04/joseph-big-joey-massino-recordings.html

Last edited by JPaisano; 02/23/12 01:52 AM.
Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: JPaisano] #636196
02/23/12 02:02 AM
02/23/12 02:02 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: JPaisano

Originally Posted By: tiger84
The living legend of LCN 93 year old Sonny Franzese sentenced to 8 years in 2011, his scheduled release date is June 25, 2017.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Franzese

Bonanno Capo Anthony "Bruno/Whack-Whack" Indelicato, got 20 years in 2008, his projected release date is July 20, 2023, when he would be 76 years old.

Bonanno soldier Anthony “Ace/T” Aiello who is 34 gets out May 6, 2031 at the age of 53.

Anthony Aiello was 28 when he got put in jail and he didnt snitch like the other guys in that Pizzolo murder case.This guy after he is released will be administration level within 5 years even baldo amoto saw something in this guy.Can u imagine being 28 and getting out at 53?this guy will probably never have a family and his parents will be dead probably.He must really belive in lcn.Imagine not having sex throughout your 30s and 40s poor guy lol

yep basciano was picked up on a recording by the fat rat massino in the can talking about ace and how he was massino's "luca brasi" and how baldo schooled him in the old ways and he was very loyal etc

ace's dad i believe is also in the can Bonanno soldier Anonio “Tony” Aiello

here we go

"Based on recordings former boss-turned-rat Joseph "Big Joey" Massino made of his successor, Vincent "Vinny Gorgeous" Basciano, while wearing a wire, the "Godfather" character he and his crew most resemble is not Vito or Michael. It's Fredo.
"[Anthony] Ace Aiello is like a Luca Brasi," Basciano said, comparing the Bonanno sodlier to the Corleone's loyal hit man, on recordings played in Brooklyn federal court yesterday.
"He's your Luca Brasi," Basciano said. "

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/2011/04/joseph-big-joey-massino-recordings.html

Nope, and dont plan to either. I am just interested in the mob generally and am a proponent of sharing what I know about it if it helps clear up any misconceptions/provide info to others.

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: Dapper_Don] #636270
02/23/12 05:55 PM
02/23/12 05:55 PM
J
JPaisano Offline
Wiseguy
JPaisano  Offline
J
Wiseguy

Oh I thought I read somewhere on here that you were connected
[quote=JPaisano]

Nope, and dont plan to either. I am just interested in the mob generally and am a proponent of sharing what I know about it if it helps clear up any misconceptions/provide info to others.

Last edited by JPaisano; 02/23/12 05:58 PM.
Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: JPaisano] #636280
02/23/12 06:46 PM
02/23/12 06:46 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ

[quote=JPaisano]

lol The guys on RD used to have a funny joke about that. Something like...the only thing he's connected to is the bar holding him up. Wait. That doesn't sound right. Hmm...the only thing he's connected to is the barstool.... Does anyone remember that joke they used to throw around? I can't seem to come up with it.
The only thing he's connected to is the barstool at the end of the bar? No, that doesn't sound right either. Argh!

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Old timers who may get out some day. [Re: JPaisano] #636288
02/23/12 07:17 PM
02/23/12 07:17 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

[quote=JPaisano]

Nope, i have never claimed to be. I have seen some Bronx based gangsters growing up in the neighborhood, but besides that no connection.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull