GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, U talkin' da me ??), 197 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,344
Posts1,058,967
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Who knew Fredo's treason? #632716
02/01/12 06:46 PM
02/01/12 06:46 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
When Michael returned from Havana, he asked Rocco and Neri to leave the room before querying Tom about Fredo. Michael assumed Tom knew about Fredo’s treason because he said, “Tell him I know Roth misled him…” But evidently, Michael didn’t want R&N to know about it—at least at that point. That would be consistent with his character as a controller and as one who kept all info close to himself.

Later, when Fredo and Michael had it out in the boathouse, Michael had Neri wait outside, unseen by Fredo. Probably he did that to make Fredo think they were alone, and to encourage him to tell all. It’s also possible he wanted Neri to be ready to defend him in case Fredo made a move against him—not totally inconceivable given Fredo’s treason with Roth. Neri would have known by that time that Fredo and Michael were on the outs because Fredo was no longer at the compound. But, do you think at that point he knew why? I can’t dismiss the possibility that Michael hadn’t told Neri exactly why—but wanted him to overhear Fredo’s treason from his own lips so that Neri could be that much more motivated to kill Fredo at the appropriate time.

Also, when Connie got on her knees and beseeched Michael to forgive Fredo during Mama’s wake, do you think she knew that Fredo had betrayed Michael to Roth? Michael wouldn’t have told her, and Fredo may not have told her everything. Also, she prefaced her plea by confessing that “I hated you…until I realized that you were just being strong for all of us.” She wanted back in. Do you think that her plea for Fredo was a ploy to come back into the compound and be taken care of?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #632721
02/01/12 07:21 PM
02/01/12 07:21 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well TB, there's alot there. First, I have never bought into the Micahel as controller theme of so many posts. Michael was the head of an organization where, every day, being murdered was a real possibility. So, Michael managed his environment to minimize that possibility. I don't find that management exceptional.

Who knew about Fredo's betrayal? Well, how did Tom find out? I'm sure Michael didn't tell him. Besides, why did Tom think that Fredo was in NY? Why would he know about Fredo's whereabouts in the first place? Or, if he did know, why would he only think he was in NY? Why wouldn't he know for sure if he knew at all?

I don't think Fredo was ever a physical threat to Micahel. I can't remember where Neri was physically located at the time of Fredo's confession. Also, I don't think Neri had any qualms about murdering or needed any motivation to murder anybody.

As far as Connie goes, I don't think she knew. That Fredo had been a stranger to the compound after Cuba (I guess he was), Connie was aware and, like anyone, would figure that something had gone drastically wrong in Fredo's and Michael's relationship. I also think that Connie had been back in the compound for awhile. Her statement about hating Michael I understood as being her feeling in the past.

Last edited by olivant; 02/01/12 07:23 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #632725
02/01/12 08:16 PM
02/01/12 08:16 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
The aside to Tom is a offhand admission that Tom is not as stupid as Michael thinks he is. It also could indicate that Fredo had already tried calling Tom and Tom told Michael or Michael would just figure Fredo would get in touch with Tom.

In the boathouse I still think that Fredo still had a tiny chance (perhaps a 1 in a 1,000,000,000 chance) to escape the full force of Michael's wrath if he had almost literally turned on his back and bared his throat. But no, he lost his temper, showed his deep resentments and also revealed he knew more about Roth's plans than he had let on. That did it.

I don't think Michael or Tom or any of the employees would have told Connie anything. But she's been around; she can pick up cues, especially from people she grew up with. I don't think she had any idea of what Fredo had actually done or the fact that Michael was planning his murder. She just wanted things to be good again. She knew her brothers were angry and wanted to make peace.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: olivant] #632740
02/01/12 09:34 PM
02/01/12 09:34 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Originally Posted By: olivant

Who knew about Fredo's betrayal? Well, how did Tom find out? I'm sure Michael didn't tell him. Besides, why did Tom think that Fredo was in NY? Why would he know about Fredo's whereabouts in the first place? Or, if he did know, why would he only think he was in NY? Why wouldn't he know for sure if he knew at all?

I tried to address all those questions here:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post472494

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #632741
02/01/12 09:46 PM
02/01/12 09:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

I tried to address all those questions here:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post472494

Well, I checked out the link. It prompts me to ask why Michael thought Tom would know Fredo's whereabouts. Of course, there's no indication why Tom would answer a question about Fredo by telling Michael about Roth. Also, I think that in the evident confusion that followed on the heels of Castro's imminent invasion of Havana, Fredo escaped just like many Americans escaped by obtaining passage on a boat. I don't think there was any time for Fredo to arrange passage with friends. Heck, Michael barely escaped.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: olivant] #632792
02/02/12 11:09 AM
02/02/12 11:09 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
It prompts me to ask why Michael thought Tom would know Fredo's whereabouts. Of course, there's no indication why Tom would answer a question about Fredo by telling Michael about Roth. Also, I think that in the evident confusion that followed on the heels of Castro's imminent invasion of Havana, Fredo escaped just like many Americans escaped by obtaining passage on a boat. I don't think there was any time for Fredo to arrange passage with friends. Heck, Michael barely escaped.

Well, that's the thing that intrigued me about that scene, and prompted my earlier thread. Michael just assumed Tom would know Fredo's whereabouts because he knew or surmised that Fredo would be close to Tom, and that in a panic, he'd call Tom first. Don Cardi posted a convincing bit of made-up dialog to that point in the thread I referenced.

Now, that raises a couple of other intereting points (or at least I think they're interesting):

First,Tom surely knew that Michael wouldn't give Fredo a pass, and that when Michael "forgave" Fredo, it was only temporarily until Mama died. Do you think Tom ever contemplated warning Fredo that he was in a trap?

Second, Michael was practically frantic to get Fredo on the plane with him in Havana. But once he was back in Nevada, he just told Tom to "get word" to Fredo, when in fact he could have had Fredo snatched off the streets of NY and hauled to Nevada. Why the sudden shift?

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #632801
02/02/12 01:41 PM
02/02/12 01:41 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

A good deal of this goes back to my belief that Tom gets a bad rap on the boards.

Just as Tom intuited the "secret" Neri regime, he also intuited that there would be an attempt on Michael's life...at Vito's funeral he matter of factly asks "Do you know how they're gonna come after you? And then..."I always thought it would be Clemenza."

As for Fredo, I believe Fredo contacted Tom from New York. Considering the Castro takeover and the escapes by Michael Fredo and Roth, Tom had to know something was up when Fredo called from NY, and being the non-Sicilian, he evaded Michael's questions about Fredo's whereabouts because in his heart he knew that Fredo was a dead man.
As for Connie, it is unclear that she knew what Fredo did to deserve to be killed, but by the time of III, it is clear she knew because when Michael tells her he went to confesion, the firt thing she talks about is Michael's greatest wrong -- fratricide. So she glosses it over with the fiction about "poor Fredo drowning."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #632806
02/02/12 02:07 PM
02/02/12 02:07 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Of course, alot of the gaps in interaction between the characters is a function of what FFC wanted to portray on the screen and what was left on the cutting room floor.

Michael explodes at Tom for not directly answering his questions because FFC wanted us to see a new Michael experiencing the stress of betrayal and uncertainty in a world where murder is just a shot away. He wants it all to contrast with Vito's world where Vito was surrounded with people of unquestioned loyalty. I think he also wants to portray Tom as the one thing that remains constant regardless of Michael's attitude toward him.

Maybe there was a phone call between Fredo and Tom that was filmed, but didn't make it into the final cut. But I don't see Fredo telling Tom about his betrayal. It's possible that even at that point Fredo didn't see it as a betrayal. Also, even though Michael knew why Fredo might be scared, Tom didn't. So, why would Michael tell Tom that "I know he's scared"? At that point, if Tom hadn't talked to Fredo, Tom had to be wondering why Fredo was scared and about what Roth had mislead him.

Last edited by olivant; 02/02/12 02:12 PM.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #632818
02/02/12 04:03 PM
02/02/12 04:03 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
The Last Woltz Offline
Underboss
The Last Woltz  Offline
Underboss
Pittsburgh, PA
Now, that raises a couple of other intereting points (or at least I think they're interesting):

First,Tom surely knew that Michael wouldn't give Fredo a pass, and that when Michael "forgave" Fredo, it was only temporarily until Mama died. Do you think Tom ever contemplated warning Fredo that he was in a trap?

Second, Michael was practically frantic to get Fredo on the plane with him in Havana. But once he was back in Nevada, he just told Tom to "get word" to Fredo, when in fact he could have had Fredo snatched off the streets of NY and hauled to Nevada. Why the sudden shift?

I think it would have been out of character for Tom to contemplate warning Fredo. For all the "non-Sicilian" jibes thrown his way, Tom certainly seemed unmoved when Tessio asked for mercy. His ultimate loyalty, whether out of love, fear, or jealousy, was to Michael.

As to the "sudden shift," I don't find it implausible. In Cuba, Michael had just discovered Fredo's treachery and was, admittedly, heartbroken. I think, in his emotional state, he hadn't decided what to do about it. His urgency was a combination of his agitation, the chaotic scene around him, and his desire to keep Fredo close until he decided on a course of action. Later, Michael has cooled down and his anger has harded, but he still needs to keep tabs on Fredo. So he adopts a different tactic to try to reel him back in.

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"
Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #632880
02/03/12 12:13 AM
02/03/12 12:13 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Here is what i dont get. Fredo gets grief for fumbling the gun but people forget thoe two guys were probably two good buttonmen and fredo had to kill both. i doubt paulie gatto or many other people would be able to prevent two gunman that fast

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #632893
02/03/12 04:53 AM
02/03/12 04:53 AM
JJ_Gittes Offline
Wiseguy
JJ_Gittes  Offline
Wiseguy
I always assumed that Fredo's betrayal was common knowledge amongst the Family & the likes of Neri, but Michael wanted to deal with it by himself as much as he could, due to the extreme nature of treachery by an actual family member. Obviously any soldier or capo couldn't kill Fredo Corleone without approval, even if they did happen to find him.
Connie could have known all & still been willing to forgive Fredo, Tom would have been waiting for his Don's orders.

The fact that the Don of the Family wanted to take such a careful & hands-on approach in dealing with this particular traitor emphasised:
- just how serious Fredo's betrayal was;
- how deeply Michael was hurt by it.

I don't think there's much else in the detail.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: JJ_Gittes] #633649
02/07/12 09:27 PM
02/07/12 09:27 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JJ_Gittes
I always assumed that Fredo's betrayal was common knowledge amongst the Family & the likes of Neri, but Michael wanted to deal with it by himself as much as he could, due to the extreme nature of treachery by an actual family member. Obviously any soldier or capo couldn't kill Fredo Corleone without approval, even if they did happen to find him.
Connie could have known all & still been willing to forgive Fredo, Tom would have been waiting for his Don's orders.

The fact that the Don of the Family wanted to take such a careful & hands-on approach in dealing with this particular traitor emphasised:

I kind of saw it a different way. First of all i dont think Fredo "betrayal" was that horrible. everybody with half a brain knows fredo was good hearted and din't want his family members hurt. sure he was stupid and jealous but he wasn't evil enough to kill a member of his family. Hell even Al neri who was one of the most emotionless hitmen in the Godfather kind of had a soft spot for fredo since you can tell he wasn't thrilled about having to kill him

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/07/12 09:27 PM.
Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: JCrusher] #633747
02/08/12 02:23 PM
02/08/12 02:23 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: JJ_Gittes

I kind of saw it a different way. First of all i dont think Fredo "betrayal" was that horrible. everybody with half a brain knows fredo was good hearted and din't want his family members hurt. sure he was stupid and jealous but he wasn't evil enough to kill a member of his family. Hell even Al neri who was one of the most emotionless hitmen in the Godfather kind of had a soft spot for fredo since you can tell he wasn't thrilled about having to kill him

I tend to agree. While he could be truculent when pressed, I don't think Fredo had larceny or worse in his heart. Michael's decision to murder Fredo was based on his outrage over Fredo's outburst. Michael considered that outburst a function of Fredo's unmitigated stupidity and that stupidity is what really governed Michael's decision.

Also, I agree about Neri. In a perfect world, Neri would have given Fredo a pass.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: olivant] #633841
02/08/12 06:39 PM
02/08/12 06:39 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I can't buy into the "Neri felt sorry or Fredo" theory at all. There is no evidence for it. In one scene Michael tells
Neri he doesn't want anything to happen to Fredo while their mother is alive. Neri nods. In another scene Fredo hugs Michael at their mother's funeral and Michael shoots Neri a look telling him to ignore this hugging nonsense. Neri nods slightly as if to say "I understand) and then casts his eyes down. Finally Neri brings the boat around and as soon as Anthony leaves, he obeys Fredo's instruction to go out fishing.
If there were a scene where Neri even asked Mike what he meant
by all this there might be an arguement that Neri disagreed with Mike. But I see no evidence.
I also cannot buy the idea that Fredo was just a stupid bumbling idiot. He betrayed the family and as long as he was alive he would remain angry and bitter. I believe he even lied to Mike in the boathouse about not knowing it was going to be a hit. Fredo was a clear and present danger to the family and he had to go just like any traitor.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #633846
02/08/12 07:11 PM
02/08/12 07:11 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
DT, when Michael is hugging Fredo and looks over at Neri, Neri looks down as if he's almost embarrassed by the implication in Michael's look. Fratricide under any circumstances would be something that even a hitman would find exceptional.

As far as Fredo not being a bumbling idiot, the film and novel pretty much portray him as such.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: dontomasso] #633847
02/08/12 07:14 PM
02/08/12 07:14 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I can't buy into the "Neri felt sorry or Fredo" theory at all. There is no evidence for it. In one scene Michael tells
Neri he doesn't want anything to happen to Fredo while their mother is alive. Neri nods. In another scene Fredo hugs Michael at their mother's funeral and Michael shoots Neri a look telling him to ignore this hugging nonsense. Neri nods slightly as if to say "I understand) and then casts his eyes down. Finally Neri brings the boat around and as soon as Anthony leaves, he obeys Fredo's instruction to go out fishing.
If there were a scene where Neri even asked Mike what he meant
by all this there might be an arguement that Neri disagreed with Mike. But I see no evidence.
I also cannot buy the idea that Fredo was just a stupid bumbling idiot. He betrayed the family and as long as he was alive he would remain angry and bitter. I believe he even lied to Mike in the boathouse about not knowing it was going to be a hit. Fredo was a clear and present danger to the family and he had to go just like any traitor.

I'd hate to be in your family don if i spill a drink you might plan my demise just kidding lol. Im not saying neri love fredo but you can tell he didn't have any problem with him and he thought he was decent. When fredo says "Hey Al you can tell Al knows that he has to kill him but that doesn't mean he is happy about having to do it. Also i agree Fredo wasn't as dumb as some say but he was the most kind hearted of the corleones thats pretty clear. Fredo is probably the only one with a chance to go to heaven lol. sonny had good qualities but is still a murderer and mike went from a decnt guy into a psychopath

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/08/12 07:15 PM.
Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: dontomasso] #633951
02/09/12 12:36 PM
02/09/12 12:36 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
I believe he even lied to Mike in the boathouse about not knowing it was going to be a hit. Fredo was a clear and present danger to the family and he had to go just like any traitor.

Fredo knew the Feds had Pentangeli, and that the Senate lawyer, Questadt, belonged to Roth. Probably he knew that because Roth told him. Had he passed on that info to Michael at any time before the boathouse meeting, he would have been immensely helpful to his brother, and might have earned a pass. He didn't. That tells me that, even after Havana, Fredo was still intent on hurting his brother.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #635750
02/20/12 01:09 PM
02/20/12 01:09 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

And while we're at it where did all this about Fredo being "sweet" come from. He was always stupid and slow, but I never saw a sweet side to him. Can anyone think of anything "sweet" he ever did?

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: dontomasso] #635753
02/20/12 01:38 PM
02/20/12 01:38 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Can anyone think of anything "sweet" he ever did?

He picked people up at the airport. There's nothing sweeter than that.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: dontomasso] #635757
02/20/12 02:01 PM
02/20/12 02:01 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Teaching Anthony how to fish?

Congratulating Michael on enlisting in the Marines?

lol

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: dontomasso] #635863
02/21/12 06:28 AM
02/21/12 06:28 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
Original geschrieben von: dontomasso

We don't see much of his sweetness in the trilogy. But there are some hints: When Sonny, Clemenza, Tom and Tessio go downstairs after having talked to Vito, Fredo stays with him. I think he really cared for his father. Vito turned away in disgust and (according to the novel) later put him on his "shitlist". Just because Fredo didn't fit in his expectations. Vito was apparently much more generous towards Johnny Fontane.
When Michael came to Las Vegas, Fredo arranged a party. Michael in turn didn't care about it. He just came for business. Obviously, he didn't even feel like talking to his brother whom he hadn't seen for a long time.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Danito] #635904
02/21/12 12:54 PM
02/21/12 12:54 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Fredo didn't really throw the party for Michael, he thre it so he and Johnny could bang cocktail waitresses two at a time.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Danito] #635919
02/21/12 02:57 PM
02/21/12 02:57 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
D, I agree with your perception. I also agree that it was Fredo who arranged Michael's greeting. Afterall, Fredo handled the hotel side of the business. I also think that Michael could have admonished Fredo in private instead of in public as he did. There was no need to humiliate Fredo like that.

Last edited by olivant; 02/21/12 03:59 PM.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: olivant] #635927
02/21/12 03:38 PM
02/21/12 03:38 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

D, I agree with your perception. I also agree that it was Fredo who arranged Michael's greeting. Afterall, Fredo handled the hotel side of the business. I also think that Michael cold have adminished Fredo in private instead of in public as he did. There was no need to humiliate Fredo like that.

Well Oli, no one ever accused Michael of being sweet.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: dontomasso] #635994
02/21/12 08:00 PM
02/21/12 08:00 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
And while we're at it where did all this about Fredo being "sweet" come from. He was always stupid and slow, but I never saw a sweet side to him. Can anyone think of anything "sweet" he ever did?

well considering the corleones are all killers fredo is probably the only one with a chance to see heaven lol. Sonny was a good family man but he was a vicious murderer. Mike just turned into a controlling psychopath. Fredo is not a saint but he isn't an evil person. He was a womenizer and Ya he was jealous but the film made it pretty clear taht fredo wouldn't harm anybody even if he wanted to. I mean he bonded with nephew so much that Anthony grew to hate his father for killing his uncle.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: JCrusher] #636005
02/21/12 08:52 PM
02/21/12 08:52 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
but the film made it pretty clear taht fredo wouldn't harm anybody even if he wanted to.

Didn't he harm Michael by betraying him to Roth, and after that not telling him that Pentangeli had survived and that the Senate lawyer, Questadt, belonged to Roth?

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #636007
02/21/12 08:57 PM
02/21/12 08:57 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
but the film made it pretty clear taht fredo wouldn't harm anybody even if he wanted to.

Didn't he harm Michael by betraying him to Roth, and after that not telling him that Pentangeli had survived and that the Senate lawyer, Questadt, belonged to Roth?

Maybe he meant that Fredo actually administering direct physical violence?

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Mark] #636010
02/21/12 09:26 PM
02/21/12 09:26 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mark

Maybe he meant that Fredo actually administering direct physical violence?

Right Mark. Also sure fredo lied about the lawyer im niot saying that wasn't a mistake but we all know fredo didn't know it was gonna be a hit.

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: JCrusher] #636116
02/22/12 04:34 PM
02/22/12 04:34 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
but we all know fredo didn't know it was gonna be a hit.

Do we all know that? One of the longest-running discussions on this board is whether or not Fredo knew it was gonna be a hit, or if he really didn't, what did he know or think was going to happen?

Re: Who knew Fredo's treason? [Re: Turnbull] #636117
02/22/12 04:43 PM
02/22/12 04:43 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
but we all know fredo didn't know it was gonna be a hit.

Do we all know that? One of the longest-running discussions on this board is whether or not Fredo knew it was gonna be a hit, or if he really didn't, what did he know or think was going to happen?

it would totally be against character for all of a sudden fredo to be a vicious hitman/organizer. i mean throughout the series fredo has been portrayed as yes stupid weak but he is the most sensitive and less violent. Yes he was jealous but ther is a difference between being jealous and then acting it out through rage. I mean even Mike knew that fredo didn't know it was a hit but at that point mike would kill anybody even if they said hello to him lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull