GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 256 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,336
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: british organized crime? [Re: NickyScarfo] #633016
02/04/12 06:51 AM
02/04/12 06:51 AM
ukwiseguy Offline
Made Member
ukwiseguy  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I recommend anyone here interested in the British gangster scene to watch the film "Rise of the Footsoldier" its a true story of the Essex underworld in the 1990s, very raw violent film def worth a watch!

Good film although not entirely 100% accurate from what i have read, close enough for a movie none the less.

Bonded By Blood is a newer movie with a similar storyline about the Rettendon Range Rover murders. Not as good as Rise Of The Foot Solider though.

Bonded By Blood Trailer

Underworld UK

"The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled, Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist"
Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #633018
02/04/12 08:29 AM
02/04/12 08:29 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
There's also "Essex Boys" with Sean Bean, I have always been fascinated with those Rettendon Rage murders, and those guys. They were a big deal down in Essex Tate in particular was a fearsome man, I think the film captures that.
I remember a few months ago on here there was a thread on the Rettendon murders and someone posted links to the pics of the 3 men dead from the Range Rover it was horrific to say the least!
It seems that only a few people believe that the right killers were caught for the crime. Lot of conspiracy theories.

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #633910
02/09/12 06:22 AM
02/09/12 06:22 AM
ukwiseguy Offline
Made Member
ukwiseguy  Offline
Made Member
Heres a documentary on Tucker, Tate and Rolfe incase you are interested NickyScarfo.

Essex boys is a good movie although very very loosely based on the story so much so that it pretty much bears no resemblence other than drug dealers and the range rover murders. Good movie though.

The Firm Tony Tucker, Pat Tate Craig Rolfe Documentary

Underworld UK

"The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled, Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist"
Re: british organized crime? [Re: NickyScarfo] #633913
02/09/12 06:50 AM
02/09/12 06:50 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I recommend anyone here interested in the British gangster scene to watch the film "Rise of the Footsoldier" its a true story of the Essex underworld in the 1990s, very raw violent film def worth a watch!

Yup, that a pretty good film mate!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: british organized crime? [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #633914
02/09/12 06:55 AM
02/09/12 06:55 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Have you seen the film CASS? All about retired football hooligan Cass Pennant, now an author, of football hooligan books not surprisingly!!

It's a good show apart from one blatant bit of bullshit. The scene where West Ham are playing Newcastle abd creep up in the middle of the night and smash a working mens club and everybody in it to bits!! Utter bollocks! What is true is that West Ham have never gotten over the fact that in the '80's a petrol bomb was lobbed into the away end at St James' when the Hammers were up here......

These football hooligan memoirs really are a load of cobblers at times confused

Re: british organized crime? [Re: ukwiseguy] #633917
02/09/12 07:06 AM
02/09/12 07:06 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: ukwiseguy
Heres a documentary on Tucker, Tate and Rolfe incase you are interested NickyScarfo.

Essex boys is a good movie although very very loosely based on the story so much so that it pretty much bears no resemblence other than drug dealers and the range rover murders. Good movie though.

The Firm Tony Tucker,
Pat Tate Craig Rolfe Documentary

Yeah thanks man, I have seen this, I'm pretty interested in that whole case. I think the 90s were a pretty wild time with the Ecstasy trade kicking off, raves and drug dealings. Does anyone know if things have settled down in Essex now? I know that club Racquels in Basildon has closed down, and the whole rave, E thing is over. Yogi do you remember the Rettendon murders when it happened? I was only about 8 so vaguely I do.

Last edited by NickyScarfo; 02/09/12 07:07 AM.
Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #633918
02/09/12 07:15 AM
02/09/12 07:15 AM
ukwiseguy Offline
Made Member
ukwiseguy  Offline
Made Member
Things have quieted down from what ive heard but obviously the drug trade is still very active. Good quality Ecstasy pills have made a comeback since last summer also.

No prominent in your face figures though. I remember it very briefly also i must have been about 8 or so also.

Underworld UK

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #633919
02/09/12 07:17 AM
02/09/12 07:17 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Yeah I'm from Manchester and things were pretty bad in the 90s, with the drug trade and gangs, especially in the Moss Side area, however I went back there recently and now its pretty modern and trendy, things have changed for the better in Manchester.

Re: british organized crime? [Re: NickyScarfo] #633920
02/09/12 07:37 AM
02/09/12 07:37 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yeah i remember it all Nick. I also read the book by a fella called Bernard Mahoney i believe. He also bought a sequel out about the thugs who took over the original crews rackets....but i forget the name of it offhand. ESSEX BOYS NEW BREED or something i think. Amazon will have it, another good read mate smile

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #633925
02/09/12 08:21 AM
02/09/12 08:21 AM
ukwiseguy Offline
Made Member
ukwiseguy  Offline
Made Member
Manchester crime is never one ive done much research on but it is on the list. Moss side i have heard a fair about though.

Bernard O'Mahoney's books are on my list to read also, his site is pretty good and contains info on the Rettendon Murders if you haven't seen it Nicky.

If anyone is generous enough and buys books etc via amazon could you please use my affiliate link. Im trying to gather enough money together to start a proper site. http://astore.amazon.co.uk/ukunder-21/detail/0805077987

Last edited by ukwiseguy; 02/09/12 08:22 AM.

Underworld UK

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #633958
02/09/12 01:17 PM
02/09/12 01:17 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Nottingham has been labelled with the tag "Shottingham" due to the gun crime and shootings we have had in the last 10 years its been ok for a few years now but that is because the Gang leader Colin Gunn was sent away for 35 years minimum for conspiracy to murder.. I think the book was mentioned near the top.. "Hoods: The Gangs of Nottingham"..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #642884
04/06/12 01:41 PM
04/06/12 01:41 PM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline
Underboss
Willenhall
Terry Adams or one of his Enforcers I hope you are reading this
You are a Irish fucking pusy drunk fuck and I hope you get shot one day

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #643153
04/09/12 03:37 PM
04/09/12 03:37 PM
London
English Offline
English
English  Offline
English
Wiseguy
London
As with the American Mafia it would appear that British, in particular, English organized crime has had it's day. For those interested I have listed below some of the most well known (and some lesser known) individuals with good stories to tell.

The Krays (the most well known figures on the London crime scene there are many books and websites devoted to the life and crimes of Ronald and Reggie Kray)

'Mad' Frankie Fraser (One of London's most feared enforcers. Around the era of The Krays and The Richardsons there are countless stories of Frankie, some reliable sources suggest his most well known and favoured method of enforcement was to extract people's teeth with a set of pliers)

The Richardsons (South London rivals of The Krays)

Freddie Foreman (Another heavyweight of the London crimescene back in the 50's, 60's and 70's, a friend and ally of The Krays)

The Essex Boys (Pat Tate, Tony Tucker, Craig Rolfe, Carlton Leach, three of whom were killed in the infamous Rettendon murders back in the mid 90's, they were a rising power on the Essex drug scene)

Roy Shaw - Lenny 'The guv'nor' Mclean (Two of London's finest unlicensed fighters)

Curtis 'Cocky' Warren (Liverpool based drug baron)

Arthur Thompson (The Godfather of Glasgow)

Manchester Gangs (During the early 80's up until recent years there were various gangs at war on Manchester's notorious Moss Side - Gooch Close Gang, Doddington Gang, Longsight Crew, Cheetham Hill Gang. For years they waged war on one another to control the lucrative drug trade in Manchester - Also worth looking into the Salford ganster Paul Massey)

All worth looking into if your interested in learning more about British underworld.

When they send for you, you go in alive, you come out dead, and it's your best friend that does it.
Re: british organized crime? [Re: NickyScarfo] #643171
04/09/12 06:23 PM
04/09/12 06:23 PM
London
English Offline
English
English  Offline
English
Wiseguy
London

The Firm Tony Tucker,

Yeah thanks man, I have seen this, I'm pretty interested in that whole case. I think the 90s were a pretty wild time with the Ecstasy trade kicking off, raves and drug dealings. Does anyone know if things have settled down in Essex now? I know that club Racquels in Basildon has closed down, and the whole rave, E thing is over. Yogi do you remember the Rettendon murders when it happened? I was only about 8 so vaguely I do.

NickyScarfo, I live on the Essex / London border and work in Basildon. I have some friends who knew Pat Tate well when he was alive and i'm lead to believe he was every bit the nasty piece of work he was portrayed to be. There is still an active drug scene in areas of Essex and London. Cocaine, Ecstasy, Ketamine, MDMA etc are all easy enought to get hold of. There isn't a known prominant figure or family / crew heading up the operation, such was the case with 'The Essex Boys' hence why they and their murders attracted so much media interest, I would have been 8 also at the time of there deaths actually. The street level activity now is divided up into gangs of different ethnic origins depending on exact location or by local multi-cultural crews. Ultimately however there will be a key figure/s the further up the chain you go, they just haven't been named or caught yet.

When they send for you, you go in alive, you come out dead, and it's your best friend that does it.
Re: british organized crime? [Re: English] #643172
04/09/12 06:32 PM
04/09/12 06:32 PM
London, UK
C
ciccogol Offline
Wiseguy
ciccogol  Offline
C
Wiseguy
London, UK
Pretty interesting, but I would have thought that the Essex underworld at least was still dominated by English criminals?
It really is strange as to how the whole East End gang culture, which really wasn't that different from, for example, contemporary Napoli, just disappeared in one generation. With all respect to the movies that they make, criminals in the UK today are mostly either small time, too stupid or both.

Re: british organized crime? [Re: English] #643227
04/10/12 03:20 AM
04/10/12 03:20 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: English

The Firm Tony Tucker,

NickyScarfo, I live on the Essex / London border and work in Basildon. I have some friends who knew Pat Tate well when he was alive and i'm lead to believe he was every bit the nasty piece of work he was portrayed to be. There is still an active drug scene in areas of Essex and London. Cocaine, Ecstasy, Ketamine, MDMA etc are all easy enought to get hold of. There isn't a known prominant figure or family / crew heading up the operation, such was the case with 'The Essex Boys' hence why they and their murders attracted so much media interest, I would have been 8 also at the time of there deaths actually. The street level activity now is divided up into gangs of different ethnic origins depending on exact location or by local multi-cultural crews. Ultimately however there will be a key figure/s the further up the chain you go, they just haven't been named or caught yet.

That's interesting English, thanks for sharing, yeah I can see him being a real nasty guy, also he was a huge imposing man in stature, 6 foot 5 and 18 stone which probably led him to think he could do what he wanted. Have you visited that site the Bernard Mahoney one? Brutal crime scene pictures of the murders and some good info also. Have you been to Rettendon?
I think Tucker was more the brains of the whole thing, he also mixed with celebs too, I am a boxing fan and have seen him in pics with Nigel Benn and Frank Bruno. I think his name rang out throughout Essex.
Finally do you believe they have convicted the right people for the 3 murders? A lot of people don't agree.

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #643248
04/10/12 10:32 AM
04/10/12 10:32 AM
London
English Offline
English
English  Offline
English
Wiseguy
London
ciccogol - What I was implying was that the majority of street level crime in the London / Essex area is now mainly being done by various gangs as oppose the heavyweight crime figures with major control. Whilst I'm under no illusion that the heavyweights are still about they play a lesser role, or have a lesser front at street level, the Essex boys and East End Gangsters were like celebrities in their day, well known in their respective areas for their activities and crimes.

NickyScarfo - I'd have to agree, his size certainly went a long way to his and others perception of himself.

I have seen Bernard's site. I remember seeing the original crime scene photos some time ago and then there were some rarer ones that circulated showing Tate and Tucker in the range rover, I believe they were taken once the vehicle had been taken away for forensic investigation, very gory as you can imagine.

Tucker I believe was a minder for Nigel Benn, a measure of the man that he was paid to look after a boxing world champion. I think whilst they had a certain degree of intelligence it was simply their violence that propelled them to the positions they held. They quite simply had a complete disregard for the status of other villains and would readily rip off fellow criminals and use almost barbaric levels of violence against anyone.

With regards to whether they have convicted the right people it's difficult for me to say, not all of the information has made it into the public domain and it's also questionable if the information which is out there is true fact. I'd definitely suggest there is still some grey area shall we say. I'd assume the only people who know for sure are the two serving life sentences and those that are not in a position to tell, Tate, Tucker and Rolfe.

Re: british organized crime? [Re: English] #647378
05/15/12 03:12 PM
05/15/12 03:12 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand

The Firm Tony Tucker,

English, I remember reading around this time that there was a kid of around 21, 22 who was said to be a real player in the Essex underworld, far more than Tucker etc. I can't remember his name but I know he went down. He ran like an empire for a time though in Essex.

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #647405
05/15/12 06:28 PM
05/15/12 06:28 PM
DeMeo Offline
Made Member
DeMeo  Offline
Made Member
The Gunn brothers from Nottingham weren't as big as people made them out to be. There were plenty of areas they held no control over. Even their own turf outside of Bestwood, there were people making money and paying nothing to them. A friend of mine said that cities like Nottingham, London, Manchester and Liverpool it would be impossible for one gang/organized crime group to rule completely. There will always be those "off the books"

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #655510
07/15/12 05:21 AM
07/15/12 05:21 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Most of the organized crime bosses in England are still of White British descent ( most of them working class English, but also some of Irish descent such as the Adams).
Granted there are also some very big :
Turks and Kurds ( regarding the heroin trade )
Turkish Cypriots ( such as the Arifs, their activities can be compared to the ones of the English crime 'Firms')
Jamaicans ( the ones at the top of the Yardie gangs)
Nigerians ( the ones at the top of the Peckham Boys )
Black Brits ( the majority of the so called 'Black Brits' are of mixed race nowadays)
Chinese ( Triads are also active in the UK but mostly stick to their own community )
Vietnamese ( there are some big cannabis barons within their community)
Albanians ( they focus more on the vice trade )
Colombians ( their activities are mostly limited to the import of cocaine)
Somalis, Pakistanis, Tamils and Bengalis also have gangs with their top guys ( they mostly focus on the heroin trade )

I think the Maltese are done nowadays.
There are Russians active in the UK, but mostly for laundering money.
In general the days of the so-called 'stylish' and 'flashy' organized crime ,be it in America or the UK, are over. Gangs regardless of any ethnic origin are becoming more gritty, but just as powerful and just as dangerous.
In general the traditional white English crime firms will always be there and they will still be the biggest in England for a very long time, even with the emergence of more than a dozen other ethnic organized crime groups.
The most dangerous organized crime groups in the UK I've read about were still the English Firms such as the not so well-known but still notorious Canning Town Firm or other East End London firms, the South London firms or the Liverpudlian crime gangs.

PS : I'm not from the UK, but I did a lot of research on organized crime.

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #712308
04/23/13 01:19 PM
04/23/13 01:19 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
a proper family could make it big here. england have got no measures like the fbi have. to deal with real hard o.c. if somebody took the 'family' idea they would smash it like the addams did. and the addams were not amazing in their intelligence etc they were just innovative for england. very interesting

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #738620
09/06/13 11:38 AM
09/06/13 11:38 AM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline
Underboss
Willenhall
English organized crime is non existent and the gangs are nothing but 'chavs' scumbags who walk around with baggy trousers half way down their ass with hoodys fake jewelry, wearing cheap knockoff trainers and 'caps ' with the brim pointed backwards, then to add insult to injury of english pride they call other people 'blud' and say isn't it as 'innit' and 'ay it' they then trash peoples property and litter everywhere and they then call themselves gangstersjust cause they get into fights with other chav groups but really their a bunch of fa***ts

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #792239
07/28/14 08:00 AM
07/28/14 08:00 AM
P
PaulA Offline
Associate
PaulA  Offline
P
Associate
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
I read somewhere that there is a powerful organized crime figure in Nottingham nicknamed "The Taxman", a millionaire who is a business associate of Wayne Hardy, Dave Francis and the Dawes Cartel. Does anybody know what his real name is?

Yes, but if I published that I'd probably be sued.

Pure fiction I'm afraid

Originally Posted By: Philip_Lombardo
Terry Adams or one of his Enforcers I hope you are reading this
You are a Irish fucking pusy drunk fuck and I hope you get shot one day

Thanks for your fake internet tough guy act.

I'd pass on your message but I'm sure you dont have the balls to put a name to it.

The Essex Boys (Pat Tate, Tony Tucker, Craig Rolfe, Carlton Leach.

Leach is retty much a fake, low level football casual who did a bit of doorwork and now rights books pretending he was involved in the stories he picked up from other doormen.

He was never a player. I didn't even know he existed until he started writing his books but I know he wasnt anywhere near some of the things he claims he was.

Originally Posted By: DeMeo
The Gunn brothers from Nottingham weren't as big as people made them out to be. There were plenty of areas they held no control over. Even their own turf outside of Bestwood, there were people making money and paying nothing to them. A friend of mine said that cities like Nottingham, London, Manchester and Liverpool it would be impossible for one gang/organized crime group to rule completely. There will always be those "off the books"

They had a tidy enough firm but your right they never ran the city and I saw Colin take more than a few slaps along the way.
English organized crime is non existent and the gangs are nothing but 'chavs' scumbags who walk around with baggy trousers half way down their ass with hoodys fake jewelry, wearing cheap knockoff trainers and 'caps ' with the brim pointed backwards, then to add insult to injury of english pride they call other people 'blud' and say isn't it as 'innit' and 'ay it' they then trash peoples property and litter everywhere and they then call themselves gangstersjust cause they get into fights with other chav groups but really their a bunch of fa***ts

You do like to play the fake internet tough guy, don't you?

I bet you don't even dare go out at night for fear of these "fa***ts" lol

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #792259
07/28/14 09:49 AM
07/28/14 09:49 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk

I'm from uk

U know nothing about uk organised crime and the chavs your speaking of are low level street criminals to say the lease. Something
We find in every country all around the world

Go to NY and you'll find 90% of the criminals are low level thugs whereas the organised crime individual aren't many

Now as for UK, this thread is about organised crime. not street crime. I think you've confused yourself based on a lack of knowledge. I can safely say there are criminal networks/ organised crime in every culture seeing london especially is very multi- cultural

The reason u think it doesn't go on is because unlike America, the police here careless about organised crime since most groups are very secretive and hard to penetrate

Whereas in US the government pump
huge amount of money in battling organised crime

And that along brings much media attention ( which is one of the reasons they do it)

In uk, there's hardly ever any mention of organised crime in the news apart from the arrests of the Adams family (doesn't mean organised crime isn't going on) it is

Just because Terry Adams is the only one on the news u read about, again doesn't mean there aren't other equally influential gangsters

I'm very familiar with London's Chinatown and let me assure you there are some very low key but powerful individuals down there

They do not walk around dressed up as chavs like u put it. They wear suits. They have a structure just like any other mafia family with capos (they call them "big brothers" aka dai low )

And each dai low has a band of low level followers who carry out the dirty work

Now these soldiers if you like to call
It that, are the ones you'll read about in papers when they get caught with a crime

The one who orders it will never be identified (again doesn't mean he isn't there)

Head down to Haringey green lanes that's like the Turkish equivalent to mulberry street in its heyday

They have various mafia families down there who run the heroine trade

The Baybasin family have recently made headlines but most others skip the limelight and you'll never read about them either

Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #792270
07/28/14 10:18 AM
07/28/14 10:18 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
A question for British posters: how would you evaluate the degree of power of Christopher Bailey in Nottingham and Philip Glennon in Liverpool? I read they are really the toughest guys around there even though they aren't discussed much.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: british organized crime? [Re: Five_Felonies] #792349
07/28/14 12:32 PM
07/28/14 12:32 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

The Gunnies from Nottingham where just a glorified street gang who used fear against people, which worked. Not sure if there is anything left of this "family". As most of the top members where convicted of drug and murder charges..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: british organized crime? [Re: Dwalin2011] #792452
07/28/14 06:24 PM
07/28/14 06:24 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
A question for British posters: how would you evaluate the degree of power of Christopher Bailey in Nottingham and Philip Glennon in Liverpool? I read they are really the toughest guys around there even though they aren't discussed much.

The Bailey's are pretty much all legit now, go back a decade and they were serious guys. I've seen Chris Bailey in the flesh, year 11 at school (16 years old) in Radcliffe on trent, our school bus driver (6 ft 3 Jamaican guy, not to be messed with but a really sound guy) pulled in front of his mercedes on a t junction and completely blocked him off, he wouldn't move until all us kids got on the bus, would have took a few minutes as me and a few pals were smoking a joint, Chris hopped out his merc confronted the bus driver, they were arguing he dropped his name and the Jamaican driver shat himself and apologised, I was no more then 5 feet away from them, from what I understood Chris Bailey was completely legit at that point, well at least I thought so, he lived in a beautiful mansion with swimming pool, tennis courts just on the outskirts of Ruddington, (anyone from nottingham will vouch for this) must have been worth a few million pounds (middle of nowhere in rushcliffe) only 5 minutes from where I live, his house got seized by police saying it was bought with drug money. That's the only time I've seen him and I lived 5 minutes away from him for 18 years, he's like a ghost, very lowkey.

Re: british organized crime? [Re: DE NIRO] #792453
07/28/14 06:30 PM
07/28/14 06:30 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
The Gunnies from Nottingham where just a glorified street gang who used fear against people, which worked. Not sure if there is anything left of this "family". As most of the top members where convicted of drug and murder charges..

There's plenty of them left, a lot of young pretenders willing to do dirt. Colin's brother David is back on the street and living in Northampton, he's not aloud in Nottingham, he's calling the shots. Colin was a very serious guy, they were more then a street gang at their peak, he had 2 police officers on the payroll, douzens of shooters and they were into huge drug trafficking, talking tens of millions. Colins family must have MILLIONS stashed away, police never got to his money, they got to David's though.

Last edited by TommyGambino; 07/28/14 06:31 PM.
Re: british organized crime? [Re: TommyGambino] #792454
07/28/14 06:32 PM
07/28/14 06:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
About time you showed up in this thread, Tommy. I don't know shit about England and I have enough to do around here tongue grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: british organized crime? [Re: pizzaboy] #792456
07/28/14 06:44 PM
07/28/14 06:44 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
About time you showed up in this thread, Tommy. I don't know shit about England and I have enough to do around here tongue grin.

lol I don't know all that much about British Organized crime, just Nottingham based, It's weird how I met one of the biggest OC guys in the city, it was like Chris Moltisanti having a word in that guys ear in the bar when he met his cousin and his ginger girlfriend, crazy.

As for Colin Gunn, his name still holds serious weight, especially when it comes to family members. His godson lives about a 30 second walk away from me and my cousin robbed him, the goon squad soon came around though, a friend of mine got into a beef with him aswell, no word of a lie, I won't go into details.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull