GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 305 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,815
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
vinny gorgeous in supermax #632499
01/31/12 12:25 AM
01/31/12 12:25 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline OP
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline OP
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Sunday, January 29, 2012

Life behind bars just got better for Vinny Gorgeous.

Former Bonanno crime boss Vincent Basciano is adjusting well at the Supermax prison in Colorado, where he’s serving two life terms, the Daily News has learned.

Basciano, 51, is no longer confined under extremely strict conditions authorized by the U.S. attorney general, and he has graduated from his solitary hellhole in notorious Cell Block H to general-population status, sources said.

“Vinny is a very strong individual and if anyone could become acclimated to that situation, it would be him,” said a source close to the flamboyant gangster.

Basciano was dispatched to the nation’s toughest prison last summer after a federal jury in Brooklyn spared him the death penalty for ordering the murder of mob associate Randolph Pizzolo. He had already been convicted and sentenced to life for the murder of Frank Santoro.

But general population’s Cell Block D is no walk in the park at Supermax. He’s still confined to his cell for most of the day, but Basciano now gets to participate in recreation a few more hours weekly alongside other caged evildoers, sources said.

“Even general population is a higher-level security than at other federal prisons,” the source noted.

Inmates graduate to less secure conditions by “demonstrating positive institutional adjustment,” according to the Bureau of Prisons manual.

Basciano was lumped with terrorists after officials in New York City found a “hit list” he wrote containing the names of a federal judge, prosecutor and cooperating witnesses. Basciano has long maintained that they were targeted for Santeria spells, not death.

He’s communicating with family members, lawyers and his mistress Debra Kalb, mother of his love child, sources said. A TV in his cell is the only luxury.

The once-dapper gangster is assigned three khaki shirts and trousers and one pair of Velcro shoes. It’s doubtful he wears the regulation knit cap, which might muss his still neatly coiffed hair.

Basciano seems to have spent most of the last six months drafting a motion to vacate his previous convictions — a 99-page, handwritten screed filed last week in Brooklyn Federal Court.

“The government went to great lengths to paint Basciano with the gruesome blood of Pizzolo with one brush stroke after another,” is one of his more readable sentences.

Basciano surely would want to be in Brooklyn today for the sentencing of ex-capo Dominick Cicale, who testified against his former mentor in multiple trials.

Defense lawyer Barry Levin predicted that Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis will give Cicale, who pleaded guilty to two murders, with “time served” as a reward for his cooperation.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: vinny gorgeous in supermax [Re: phatmatress] #632519
01/31/12 05:18 AM
01/31/12 05:18 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
How exactly does the 23 hour lock down work in USP Florence/ADX? Do some prisoners do that routine they whole time they are incarcerated there? Do some want to? Is it something like, you have to earn the privilege of being with other prisoners after several months or years, after being sent there? Basciano is probably not the type to want to be isolated from other prisoners for fear of the way that looks (P.C.).

Does the dude go to chow hall and yard with other inmates? Everyone knows of the harsh stereotype of ADX, but how different is USP Florence (where ADX is) from other USPs in terms of general pop?

The article reads as Basciano being sent to the prisons H Block which houses terrorists after his 'hit list' was found. H Block having the 23 hour lock down. I can assume this is to punish terrorists, more than most being affiliated with Islamic terror. If you look at ADX's inmate list you will see quite a bit of Islamic terrorist locked up there. Does the 23 hour lock down thing have a lot to do with separating these kind of prisoner from general pop, due to their safety?

Last edited by Nicholas; 01/31/12 05:19 AM.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: vinny gorgeous in supermax [Re: phatmatress] #632560
01/31/12 02:37 PM
01/31/12 02:37 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
They sure try to break him, he wont budge. If you look back, hes a more decent guy and a stand-up guy than all the other so called old school mafiosi. But still, hes a killer and a criminal.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: vinny gorgeous in supermax [Re: phatmatress] #632598
01/31/12 10:04 PM
01/31/12 10:04 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
A stand up guy through and through

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: vinny gorgeous in supermax [Re: Dapper_Don] #632604
01/31/12 11:16 PM
01/31/12 11:16 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
A stand up guy through and through

Yeah He really is, he does get my respects

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: vinny gorgeous in supermax [Re: Nicholas] #632694
02/01/12 04:20 PM
02/01/12 04:20 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
I agree with that .. my father always used to tell me "keep your eyes open and your mouth shut" - good advice I think, someone should have told Joey Massino this before he decided to become a rat.. I read Sal Vitale just got out too..what a joke whistle

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull