GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (eastsideofvan, Mafia101), 445 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,378
Posts1,059,587
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The GLIMMER MAN #629193
01/12/12 10:54 PM
01/12/12 10:54 PM
Frosty Offline OP
BANNED
Frosty  Offline OP
BANNED
Underboss
Steven Seagal did a super job on this along with Kwwnwn Ivory Wayns ( good black man) cool For those who have no idea. Thar truly are what we would love to be , or do ! It is what it is !

Not wastin a post hare, I like Seagal , he may have gotten fat but like I haven't look in the fucken mirror ! lol I gotta get on some salads , yah right !

Another one Above the Law !!!!! Fucken loved it ! cool

Re: The GLIMMER MAN [Re: Frosty] #629214
01/13/12 12:12 AM
01/13/12 12:12 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I thought GLIMMER MAN was another one of those half-ass, forgettable 48 HRS/LETHAL WEAPON clones that clogged up the 80s and 90s.

But Seagal did a few pictures I absolutely enjoyed. UNDER SIEGE isn't just the best DIE HARD rip-off ever, its better than any of the DIE HARD sequels. (Sequel not as good, but decent.) FIRE DOWN BELOW is a weird if effective hybrid of environmentalist propaganda and redneck action exploitation movie. ABOVE THE LAW is an absurdly entertaining and impressive debut.

But ON DEADLY GROUND is one of those great turkeys that are essential viewings for bad movie fans. I mean a pro-environmentalist hero, how does Seagal defeat the Arctic raping oil company? By blowing up a drilling platform. No way that won't fuck up the local wildlife. Yet the movie is so damn goofy and Seagal obviously considered his his baby pet project of passion, the fact that it exists is good enough reason to check it out.

He did a recent DTV release I surprisingly enjoyed (and recommended by the terrific book SEAGALOGY) called URBAN JUSTICE. Nothing resembling rocket science, I appreciate the mere simplicity of Seagal's character and his so-called "goals" and "motivations," junk that make up way too much plot that ruin too many of these sort of pictures. I even dig that he doesn't try to hide his old fatass, even incorporates that physical setback into his fighting scenes.

Highlight scene: Seagal tells his friend that he's going to kill the guy who murdered his son, and that's that. The friend argues that Seagal will become no better than the murderer. Seagal replies: "No, I'm fucking worse."

Bravo Steven, bravo.

Re: The GLIMMER MAN [Re: Frosty] #629437
01/14/12 12:16 PM
01/14/12 12:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Frosty
Steven Seagal did a super job on this along with Kwwnwn Ivory Wayns ( good black man) cool

Is this what passes for political correctness in South Dakota?

You're a pleasant enough guy, Frosty, but smarten up. By pointing out that Keenan Ivory Wayans is a "good black man," your implication is clearly that the average black man isn't so good.

I'm not saying it's intentional or that you necessarily feel that way, but I think you should take a deep breath and count to ten before posting.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The GLIMMER MAN [Re: pizzaboy] #631757
01/27/12 04:38 AM
01/27/12 04:38 AM
Frosty Offline OP
BANNED
Frosty  Offline OP
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Frosty
Steven Seagal did a super job on this along with Kwwnwn Ivory Wayns ( good black man) cool

Is this what passes for political correctness in South Dakota?

You're a pleasant enough guy, Frosty, but smarten up. By pointing out that Keenan Ivory Wayans is a "good black man," your implication is clearly that the average black man isn't so good.

I'm not saying it's intentional or that you necessarily feel that way, but I think you should take a deep breath and count to ten before posting.
pb, thank you for your kindness and consideration hare . Keenan Ivory Wayans is a good black man ! As said before they both pulled off an oustanding movie is was Oreo and Cream , confused I have black friends, and many other colors. I could give a shit less what color a person's skin is . God made us all . No matter what color ya are we just might be a Asshole ! I really don't think that your post was called for. Just wanted to clear this up after reading it several times ! Get your thoughts together before you post ! wink

Thank you, read , reread, then bang my ass !

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull