GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, 2 invisible), 218 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,347
Posts1,058,989
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Last known public hit NYC. #626779
12/28/11 01:46 AM
12/28/11 01:46 AM
J
Jimmythepen Offline OP
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline OP
J
Button
I'm just interested, we hear alot about rats, trials and murders from the past in NY, but when was the last known public hit?

Last edited by Jimmythepen; 12/28/11 01:48 AM.
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626782
12/28/11 02:35 AM
12/28/11 02:35 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Bonanno Soldier Anthony "Little Anthony" Seccafico was killed in 2009 in Staten Island in the early morning while he waited to take the bus to his construction job

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Dapper_Don] #626787
12/28/11 05:47 AM
12/28/11 05:47 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Bonanno Soldier Anthony "Little Anthony" Seccafico was killed in 2009 in Staten Island in the early morning while he waited to take the bus to his construction job

I almost feel bad for Seccafico the guy was waiting to catch a bus at 4am to go to work.That right there tells you that "the life" wasnt good to him.For every millionaire party boy mobster theres probably 100 guys like Seccafico

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626803
12/28/11 09:30 AM
12/28/11 09:30 AM
Naples,Italy
F
Frank Offline
Button
Frank  Offline
F
Button
Naples,Italy
any missing man?(body occultation)

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Frank] #626807
12/28/11 09:49 AM
12/28/11 09:49 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Frank
any missing man?(body occultation)

Dominick Cirillo's son did the Houdini in 2004. That's the most recent New York example I can think of.

In Chicago, Anthony Zizzo took a permanent vacation in 2006.

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Dapper_Don] #626845
12/28/11 04:48 PM
12/28/11 04:48 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss

I never understood the reason behind it, in those days i can remember the papers writing about it, they felt like there was an internal mob war going on, in order to secure the top spot after the vacuum created by the deportation of Montagna.
Anyone care to explain the exact reason of his hit?

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Mukremin] #626849
12/28/11 05:16 PM
12/28/11 05:16 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: Mukremin

I never understood the reason behind it, in those days i can remember the papers writing about it, they felt like there was an internal mob war going on, in order to secure the top spot after the vacuum created by the deportation of Montagna.

He was skimming profits that were suppose to go to made members in jail families also he beat up a son of a made guy and was givin orders to buy an expensive suit to patty from the bronx but went and bought him a cheap one

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: tiger84] #626854
12/28/11 05:34 PM
12/28/11 05:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: tiger84

I almost feel bad for Seccafico the guy was waiting to catch a bus at 4am to go to work.That right there tells you that "the life" wasnt good to him.For every millionaire party boy mobster theres probably 100 guys like Seccafico

Reports said he was "on the outs" with his superiors in the family. That may have something to do with why he was on his way to the construction job.

I've said before that most mob guys are more or less middle class. Both extremes - the millionaires and the brokesters - are more the exception than the rule.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626865
12/28/11 06:47 PM
12/28/11 06:47 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
So he was stealing money? And on top of that he had a regular work.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626882
12/28/11 10:35 PM
12/28/11 10:35 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline OP
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline OP
J
Button
Interesting. Up until the 90's or so killings, publically at least, were quite a regular occurance, right? Weekly or at times almost a daily basis. So is it just a case of it being too risky now espeically with forensic etc, and the Mob itself being alot less in the public eye in general?

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626883
12/28/11 10:36 PM
12/28/11 10:36 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline OP
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline OP
J
Button
Double post, sorry!

Last edited by Jimmythepen; 12/28/11 10:37 PM.
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626884
12/28/11 11:07 PM
12/28/11 11:07 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Jimmythepen
Interesting. Up until the 90's or so killings, publically at least, were quite a regular occurance, right? Weekly or at times almost a daily basis.

It was never daily. The only example when I can think of it being weekly was Chicago during Prohibtion (something like 500 killings over 10 years or so, so an average of about one per week).

Maybe if you added all the hits going on nationwide during prohibition, it might average out to roughly daily hits, but I doubt it.

Today, if you included street gangs as "organized crime", they might be killing each other on a daily basis, but I don't think that's what you were asking.

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Ivan] #626885
12/28/11 11:43 PM
12/28/11 11:43 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline OP
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline OP
J
Button
Originally Posted By: Ivan
Interesting. Up until the 90's or so killings, publically at least, were quite a regular occurance, right? Weekly or at times almost a daily basis.

It was never daily. The only example when I can think of it being weekly was Chicago during Prohibtion (something like 500 killings over 10 years or so, so an average of about one per week).

Maybe if you added all the hits going on nationwide during prohibition, it might average out to roughly daily hits, but I doubt it.

Today, if you included street gangs as "organized crime", they might be killing each other on a daily basis, but I don't think that's what you were asking.

Would they be street gangs related to LCN, or all the other gangs all included in NY? And yeah it wasn't daily all the time I understand that I didn't elaborate, in spurts it might of been ie, if there was a war going on or through periods with retaliation killings and the like.

Sorry if I'm asking alot of questions by the way, just having finished The Sopranos ( genius show ) I'm just trying to find out the facts of how the real mob relates to The Sopranos.

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626887
12/29/11 12:18 AM
12/29/11 12:18 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: Ivan

Would they be street gangs related to LCN, or all the other gangs all included in NY? And yeah it wasn't daily all the time I understand that I didn't elaborate, in spurts it might of been ie, if there was a war going on or through periods with retaliation killings and the like.

Sorry if I'm asking alot of questions by the way, just having finished The Sopranos ( genius show ) I'm just trying to find out the facts of how the real mob relates to The Sopranos.
there indictments that the luchesses and the bloods were working together to smuggle drugs and cell phones into prisons. if there is a dollar to be made most mob guys or street gangs can work together.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626890
12/29/11 02:00 AM
12/29/11 02:00 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

The show is fairly realistic, but there is a lot of fantasy stuff in it too. The idea of a 21st century family having like 2 dozen hits in a few years is pretty out there, for example.

There's a thread about it:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=617124&nt=2&page=1

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626891
12/29/11 02:22 AM
12/29/11 02:22 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
alot of the stories lines are similar to real life events. such as vito being gay etc etc

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626904
12/29/11 06:55 AM
12/29/11 06:55 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
There a very few hits in NY from the 5 families anymore, though it still does happen from time to time. For instance when was the last time the Gambino's whacked someone? Got to be the 90s??

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: NickyScarfo] #626908
12/29/11 07:42 AM
12/29/11 07:42 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
For instance when was the last time the Gambino's whacked someone? Got to be the 90s??

It looks like the last Gambino who was shot was John "Handsome Jack" Giordano back in 1995. He survived the attack though.

This is from Dailey News, dated April 12, 1995

Two Motives Considered in Shooting of Reputed Mobster

By SELWYN RAAB
Published: April 12, 1995

Correction Appended

Inside the Gambino crime family, investigators say, there were ample reasons to call him "Handsome Jack" and "the Actor."

In the treacherous world of the Mafia, John P. Giordano was looked upon as a high-ranking mobster in the Gambino crime family without an enemy in the underworld. His reputation reportedly was that of an affable capo or captain, who raked in millions of dollars for the family and who was a steadfast supporter of the family's imprisoned boss, John Gotti.

But on Monday night, Mr. Giordano was shot and severely wounded in an ambush on the East Side that investigators say may have stemmed from one of the rare times he angered fellow Mafiosi. Law enforcement officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that one of the prime motives being explored was that Mr. Giordano was marked for assassination because someone believed he had withheld money from a loan-sharking racket.

A 34-year-old man who was stopped while driving alone in the getaway car used in the shooting of Mr. Giordano was being questioned yesterday by detectives. Law enforcement officials said that the man, whom they identified as Gilbert Rodriguez of 2517 Radcliff Avenue, the Bronx, was cooperating in the inquiry, and that he and his family were in protective custody.

A less likely motive, investigators said, was that the shooting was the opening salvo in a power struggle for control of the Gambino family and that dissidents shot Mr. Giordano because of his loyalty to Mr. Gotti and to Mr. Gotti's son, John Gotti Jr. Experts on organized-crime activities said that the Gambino family has been riven by internal dissension since the conviction in 1992 of John Gotti on Federal murder and racketeering charges and his sentence to life imprisonment without parole.

Investigators said that the attempted murder of Mr. Giordano might have been a message to the ruling hierarchy of the family that it was time to appoint a successor to Mr. Gotti. The insurgents, the investigators said, may also want to remove John Gotti Jr. from the acting-boss position he assumed when his father was convicted three years ago.

All murders in a mob family must be sanctioned by the boss or a top leader, and investigators said it was unlikely that John Gotti or his hierarchy would allow the killing of Mr. Giordano.

John Gotti Jr., 31, was promoted by his father to the rank of capo and is the leader of a faction of Young Turks in the family, law-enforcement officials said. His rapid promotions and arrogant display of authority, the officials said, has caused resentment among older members who believe the family's fortunes are slipping because of his inexperience and requests for large shares of the profits from illicit activities.

Law enforcement officials said the shooting of Mr. Giordano had the earmarks of a planned gangland assassination that went awry.

A reason cited by investigators for believing that Mr. Giordano was betrayed by someone in the Gambino family was that the assailant apparently had foreknowledge that he would be at Lenox Hill Hospital on Monday night to visit a friend, Louis DeFazio, a patient at the hospital.

Law enforcement officials said that Mr. DeFazio is a Gambino family associate, someone who works for the organization but is not an inducted member. After spending 20 minutes with Mr. DeFazio, Mr. Giordano left the hospital and was entering his car, a black 1995 Chrysler New Yorker, on East 77th Street near Park Avenue. Police officials said that a cream-colored Cadillac Eldorado with a red roof pulled alongside and at least one gunman opened fire.

Mr. Giordano, the officials said, was hit three times in the chest, with one bullet damaging his spinal column.

Mr. Giordano, 54, of 217 Braisted Avenue, Staten Island, underwent surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital. Jean Brett, a hospital spokeswoman, said yesterday that his condition was stable but would provide no further details.

But Police Department officials said that they had been told by physicians at the hospital that Mr. Giordano is paralyzed below the waist.

The driver of Mr. Giordano's car was identified by detectives as Vincent Conti, a reputed associate in the Gambino family. Mr. Conti was not injured.

Detectives said that Mr. Giordano had $5,000 in cash in his pockets and wallet.

Witnesses, according to detectives, obtained the license-plate number of the fleeing Cadillac and it was stopped by police officers in East Harlem about 10 minutes after the shooting.

The lone occupant of the Cadillac was identified by detectives as Mr. Rodriguez. He was questioned through the night and yesterday by detectives and prosecutors.

Federal and city law-enforcement officials and private experts on organized crime said that Mr. Giordano was recruited into the Gambino family by his uncle, Joseph Armone, who was a capo based in Staten Island and Brooklyn.

He was promoted by Mr. Gotti to take over Mr. Armone's crew, or gang, in the late 1980's after Mr. Armone was convicted on Federal racketeering charges. According to state prosecutors, Mr. Giordano ran gambling and loan-sharking rackets for Mr. Gotti in the city and Nassau County. Authorities in a 1991 indictment said the operations grossed $300 million a year in illiciit bets and loans.

In 1991, Mr. Giordano pleaded guilty in Manhattan State Supreme Court to two misdemeanor charges of promoting gambling, and served eight months of a one-year sentence. He was also convicted in 1991 on state racketeering and gambling charges in Nassau County and sentenced to a prison term of 4 to 12 years.

Mr. Giordano is free on bail while his conviction in Nassau County is being appealed.

[Linked Image]
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626910
12/29/11 07:56 AM
12/29/11 07:56 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Perhaps someone can clear this up: I vaguely remember reading about a hit from the Gambino's in about 96 or 97 where they forced someone off the road and then shot him...maybe to do with Danny Marino or Nicky Corrozzo not sure though.

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #626911
12/29/11 08:07 AM
12/29/11 08:07 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
I think the hit I mean was on Robert Arena in 1996 anyone know about this?

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: NickyScarfo] #626929
12/29/11 01:33 PM
12/29/11 01:33 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
The last attempted Gambino hit was George DeCicco's son, I believe.

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: tiger84] #627014
12/30/11 01:50 AM
12/30/11 01:50 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: tiger84
Originally Posted By: Mukremin

He was skimming profits that were suppose to go to made members in jail families also he beat up a son of a made guy and was givin orders to buy an expensive suit to patty from the bronx but went and bought him a cheap one

yep he beat up john spirito's kid

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #627020
12/30/11 04:00 AM
12/30/11 04:00 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Here are the "hits and misses" in NY over the past decade.

2001 - Bonanno associate Frank Santoro killed.
2003 - Genovese captain Adolfo "Big Al" Bruno killed. (Springfield)
2003 - Colombo soldier Joseph "Joe Camp" Campanella wounded.
2004 - Bonanno associate Rudolph "Rudy Pizzolo" killed.
2004 - Genovese associate Nicholas Cirillo missing.
2005 - Genovese acting captain Lawrence "Larry" Ricci killed.
2005 - Gambino extortion victim Joseph Generoso wounded.
2006 - Gambino captain Carmine "Top Tomato" Sciandra wounded. (personal beef)
2007 - Genovese soldier Rudolph "Rudy Cueball" Izzi killed.
2007 - Gambino associate Robert DeCicco wounded.
2007 - Lucchese soldier Frank Lagano killed.
2008 - Genovese robbery victim Louis Antonelli killed.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #627025
12/30/11 08:32 AM
12/30/11 08:32 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Ivy do you know much about the hit on Robert Arena in 1996?

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #627907
01/04/12 07:49 PM
01/04/12 07:49 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^^

In 1996, Nick Corozzo ordered the murder of Lucchese crime family associate Robert Arena. Arena had allegedly murdered Anthony Placido, a member of Corozzo's crew, and had failed to return some stolen marijuana to a drug dealer. On June 26, 1996, the Gambino gunmen found Arena driving with Thomas Maranga, an Arena associate, in the Mill Basin section of Brooklyn. After forcing Arena to stop the car, the gunmen shot and killed both men. On April 17, 2009, Corozzo was sentenced to 13½ years in federal prison for 1996 Arena and Maranga murders.

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Jimmythepen] #627911
01/04/12 08:35 PM
01/04/12 08:35 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Corozzo got only 13 years for TWO murders?!!

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Nicholas] #627914
01/04/12 09:19 PM
01/04/12 09:19 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Nicholas

yep, plea bargained, very good deal i must say, the case prob wasnt as tight as they thought

In July 2008, Corozzo pleaded guilty to state enterprise corruption charges. ADA Ben Mantell handled the plea bargain that Corozzo agreed to on the state level. On April 17, 2009, Corozzo was sentenced to 13½ years in federal prison for 1996 Arena and Maranga murders.On April 28, 2009, Corozzo was sentenced to 4½ to 13½ years on the state sports betting conviction. Corozzo will serve the state sentence at the same time as the federal sentence.

As of December 2011, Corozzo is serving his two sentences at the United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth, a medium security facility in Leavenworth, Kansas. His projected release date is March 2, 2020.

Re: Last known public hit NYC. [Re: Dapper_Don] #627929
01/05/12 01:19 AM
01/05/12 01:19 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: Nicholas

yep, plea bargained, very good deal i must say, the case prob wasnt as tight as they thought

In July 2008, Corozzo pleaded guilty to state enterprise corruption charges. ADA Ben Mantell handled the plea bargain that Corozzo agreed to on the state level. On April 17, 2009, Corozzo was sentenced to 13½ years in federal prison for 1996 Arena and Maranga murders.On April 28, 2009, Corozzo was sentenced to 4½ to 13½ years on the state sports betting conviction. Corozzo will serve the state sentence at the same time as the federal sentence.

As of December 2011, Corozzo is serving his two sentences at the United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth, a medium security facility in Leavenworth, Kansas. His projected release date is March 2, 2020.
fed time is a lot better than state time. white collar stuff and organized crime etc etc etc...freedom pool tables swimming pools prison bands...state time is drug addicted murdering rapists, and lots of gangs. he got the good end of the stick

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull