GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (The_Marble_Guy), 266 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,852
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Different Every Time... #39819
07/18/06 09:22 AM
07/18/06 09:22 AM
Walter Mosca Offline OP
Capo
Walter Mosca  Offline OP
Capo
I was watching the start of part 1 last night...I hadn't realised - It's quite a talking to, that Bonasera gets from Vito, isn't it? He really dresses him down.

Brando is so good as the Godfather, every actor is excellent in this film, it's so well cast. A masterpiece.

It's like the film is different every time you see it, you pick up on so much more than the last time you watched it.

I've seen 1 and 2 a couple of times, and all of 3 only once - not nearly enough to grasp the detail that is in the films.

It especially brings this point home when I read some of the theories being discussed, by some of the senior members, if you will. I respect these points of view, some must have seen the films a great many times.

Basically, I am a novice. I simply haven't seen them enough to contribute to many of the threads, and sometimes they serve to astound me with how much detail I have missed.

That said, I look forward to giving the series a proper watch, the most intently I watched them was the first time. Since then it's always been with a couple of beers or other distractions.

I wonder what i'll make of them after i've seen them all a dozen times. Just for the record, after the fist viewing young Vito is my favourite character, but I wonder if this will always be the case...

There is a point in there somewhere, I'm sure, but

in the meantime; respects to all gangsterbb members, and Geoff, The Don, who's websites are excellent.

bye cool

"Jonny Tightlips... you're shot!
- whered' they get you?"
"I ain't sayin' nutin'."
"But what'll I tell the Doc?!"
"Tell'um to suck a lemon."
Re: Different Every Time... #39820
07/18/06 09:40 AM
07/18/06 09:40 AM
H
henry Offline
Button
henry  Offline
H
Button
WM,there is no need to be so modest.Even someone who has never seen the films should not hesitate to respond to questions like "who was the best/worst Don".Or to speculate on the hidden meaning behind FFC's use of horses,cigarettes and fresh fruit.You mentioned the consumption of alcohol while watching the films and that young Vito is your favorite character but wondered if this would always be so.Well I warn you that if you drink too many of those beers and spend too much time alone watching the same film over and over, like many of the posters to this board, Mama Corleone may become your favorite character.

Re: Different Every Time... #39821
07/18/06 09:58 AM
07/18/06 09:58 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Walter Mosca:
It's like the film is different every time you see it, you pick up on so much more than the last time you watched it.

Walter, that could be the understatement of the year! smile The films are so great, so full of incredible detail, that, yes, you can get a new perspective each time. I've seen them, all or in part, well over a thousand times--and I always pick up some new detail I hadn't noticed before. And as you've seen, so do many, many other people. That's what makes the Trilogy priceless.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Different Every Time... #39822
07/18/06 11:19 AM
07/18/06 11:19 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Same here. The great Turnbull for example can notice something from the movie and post about it that I never noticed and I will go watch it again or visa-versa. Another reason why Don Geoffy's site is so great. All the knowlege you learn.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Different Every Time... #39823
07/18/06 11:51 AM
07/18/06 11:51 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Some subtle nuances from Vito appear innocuous, but after seeing the movies time after time, I think they add to the richness of his character.
For example, when Brasi is stumbling through his prepared statement of gratitude at Connie's wedding, Vito's expression and slight body language suggest that he is sympathetic and ready to help his friend through this potentially awward moment.
He also subtly gestures with his hands to show his approval and gratitude when the baker proudly tells him about the cake.
While it took several times watching the movie to really pick up on this, I think it is a testament to fine acting and attention to detail to define a character.
Now when I see these scenes, I think this reflects a difference between Vito and Michael, who did not have his father's warmth.

Re: Different Every Time... #39824
07/18/06 01:01 PM
07/18/06 01:01 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
For my money, it's arguably the best scene in a movie filled with great scenes.
Brando really had to draw on all his acting chops in that scene with Luca's awkward speech:
According to Harlan Lebo, there was much practical-joking on the set. During the filming of that scene, Lenny Montana, who played Luca, taped a piece of paper on his tongue stating, "F**K YOU" and stuck his tongue out at Brando. I guess Marlon had all he could handle to keep a straight face after that. grin

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Different Every Time... #39825
07/18/06 01:44 PM
07/18/06 01:44 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally posted by Turnbull:
For my money, it's arguably the best scene in a movie filled with great scenes.
Brando really had to draw on all his acting chops in that scene with Luca's awkward speech:
According to Harlan Lebo, there was much practical-joking on the set. During the filming of that scene, Lenny Montana, who played Luca, taped a piece of paper on his tongue stating, "F**K YOU" and stuck his tongue out at Brando. I guess Marlon had all he could handle to keep a straight face after that. grin
Wow. I never knew that. I had heard that Lenny Montana was actually nervous filming the scene with Brando and that the flubbed lines (which I think are priceless) were accidental.
I like the Lebo tale better.

Re: Different Every Time... #39826
07/26/06 04:25 PM
07/26/06 04:25 PM
New York City
TommyCorleone1967 Offline
Wiseguy
TommyCorleone1967  Offline
Wiseguy
New York City
I agree with seeing things differently with every watching. For example the first time I saw Part II in a movie theater (it was actually a screening at MOMA here in NYC) I noticed the Life and Look magazines on the table when Michael is discussing what to do about Hyman Roth with Tom, Rocco and Neri. Those are things that you just don't spot when you are watching the movie at home on television (unless you have a giant 60 inch screen!). Plus the majority of movie is dark and that scene especially is lit so darkly it is hard to pick up all the little nuances.

It's not personal, it's strictly business.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull