GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, Brovelli), 183 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,948
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,341
Posts1,058,943
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #625005
12/15/11 04:14 PM
12/15/11 04:14 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted By: m2w
the ndrangheta can't become a legitimate enterprise, they are involved in drugs and weapons extortion rackets and so...
in italy no crime family really becomes legitimate although involved in sophisticated business
sicilian mafia is involved in that too and several bosses are businessman, cosa nostra controls virtually the whole sicilian economy and it has legit interests all across italy

They already are very legitimate in Canada. They have all sorts of legitimate business. Clans in Calabria have family in Canada that are 100% legit and have huge businesses.

Re: Who was behind the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #625122
12/16/11 12:53 AM
12/16/11 12:53 AM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
Just came across this article and hadnt seen it posted. It is translated, so its not perfect.

http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/archives/2011/12/20111210-040004.html

Shortly after the murder of the rising star of the Mafia, Salvatore Montagna, the Calabrian Moreno Gallo received a visit from the police. This has led Corrections to suspend his parole and return the veteran mobster in prison.

Gallo, 66, has gone back to the cells there are a dozen days, a week after the murder of Salvatore Montagna, committed on 24 November, to Charlemagne.

After the murder of the man whose name was circulating as a possible successor to the sponsor, Nicolo Rizzuto, the police met Moreno Gallo, the Journal has learned.

As required by its terms, Moreno Gallo had to share this meeting with Correctional Services Canada.

Authorities did not reveal the reasons for the visit police but were serious enough that the Parole Moreno Gallo is immediately suspended.

The spokesman for Correctional Services could not reveal why the parole Calabrese has been suspended, but confirmed the return of the latter in prison.

"All I can confirm is that Mr. Gallo is our responsibility," said Serge Abergel Journal.

"When a release is suspended, the individual returned to prison for a temporary period, until his case be re-evaluated," said the spokesperson of Correctional Services.

"The reasons for parole may be suspended when there is a breach of condition, we have suspicion to believe that a condition could be broken or there is danger to public safety" said Mr. Radford.

Respected in the community

A folder on the Mafia, published recently, the Journal has identified Moreno Gallo, as an individual who could play an important role, to advise or "wise" in the new structure of organized crime, which is being set in place since the fall of the Rizzuto clan.

Before the statutory requirements conditional in May, Moreno Gallo has denied being involved in organized crime, but police believe the opposite.

A referee

In 1973, Moreno Gallo killed a drug dealer with three bullets to the head. He spent ten years in prison and was released in 1983.

Subsequently, it completely disappeared from radar police for nearly 20 years, until the investigators to observe the operation Coliseum 74 times Consenza coffee, the headquarters of the Sicilians, in the early 2000. After the anti-mafia raid in November 2006, he was sent back to prison for breaking conditions.

Gallo, who had often played the role of arbiter in the organized crime, including resolving disputes between the Mafia and the Hells Angels, has been tipped to succeed Vito Rizzuto, when it took the path of the United States in 2006, to be imprisoned for the murders of three lieutenants of the famous Bonanno family, committed in New York in 1981.

Threatened with expulsion

It was after his arrest in connection with the investigation Colosseum, the authorities realized that Gallo had his permanent residence, but not a Canadian citizen.

The Border Services Agency has taken steps to expel for serious crime, which were endorsed by a Commissioner of Immigration, in May 2010.

After being sent to the Federal Court in vain, Moreno Gallo took advantage of a program of Citizenship and Immigration Canada to avoid the former drive because of the dangers he might face if returned to Italy. He is still awaiting a decision.

Meanwhile, he helps his wife in the popular bakery she owns in Little Italy, he said before the commissioners to parole in May.

Re: Who was behind the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #625142
12/16/11 06:50 AM
12/16/11 06:50 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Could just be a coincidence as he was likely seen with other known criminals, violating his parole. The media are always looking for clues, suspicions and possible signs and link them to an event.

I think Gallo has more things on his mind than to participate in a war or take-over. He risks being deported so the last thing he wants is police to think he's back in the game.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Who was behind the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #625203
12/16/11 04:59 PM
12/16/11 04:59 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
I don't know one criminal that hasn't violated their parole.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #625241
12/16/11 08:57 PM
12/16/11 08:57 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
It's actually 99% Spanish, hence the "Barrio". As Pizza Boy knows, there are more Sicilians on 18th AVE in Brooklyn then anywhere else in NYC at anytime. And it's false regarding Harlem being mostly Sicilian, it was mostly Southern Italians. Not Sicilians. If you lived here you would know, shut if you had ever been here you would know. Had you ever been here you wouldn't make statements like you have. It's different then the WIKI articles you state as fact. Pizza Boy do you agree, being we were born and raised in the area.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #625257
12/16/11 10:21 PM
12/16/11 10:21 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i doubt you can't even point italy on a map
anyway, i was talking of eastharlem of the past no today
i know today is 90% spanish
in the past it was mostly sicilian like i said

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #625334
12/17/11 11:20 AM
12/17/11 11:20 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
It's actually 99% Spanish, hence the "Barrio". As Pizza Boy knows, there are more Sicilians on 18th AVE in Brooklyn then anywhere else in NYC at anytime. And it's false regarding Harlem being mostly Sicilian, it was mostly Southern Italians. Not Sicilians. If you lived here you would know, shut if you had ever been here you would know. Had you ever been here you wouldn't make statements like you have. It's different then the WIKI articles you state as fact. Pizza Boy do you agree, being we were born and raised in the area.

I grew up in the Bronx. My Dad is originally from Pleasant Avenue and 117th Street, and my grandfather and grandmother lived there from when they arrived in this country until the day they died (they arrived in the late '20s and passed away in '87 and '91 respectively).

I spent a lot of time in the neighborhood during the '60s, '70s, and '80s, and still go back out of nostalgia from time to time. And from what I remember, the neighborhood was a melting pot of all Italians, with an emphasis on Calabrians, Neapolitans, Sicilians, and even some Abruzzese and Barese.

But my family only lived there for 60 years, so what do I know?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #632340
01/30/12 05:46 AM
01/30/12 05:46 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

ah yes michael coppola was sicilian too

I had totally forgot about this and your wrong assumptions about the Genovese Family. I was reminded of it yesterday when seeing another post of yours; arrogant, unfounded and unsourced.

This is from the FBN book, note the birth places of these guys:

Attached Files 005.JPG002.JPG004.JPG

[Linked Image]
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: HairyKnuckles] #632377
01/30/12 01:23 PM
01/30/12 01:23 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

I had totally forgot about this and your wrong assumptions about the Genovese Family. I was reminded of it yesterday when seeing another post of yours; arrogant, unfounded and unsourced.

Thanks for posting what I've been thinking for a while. This guy is full of crap, spewing nonsense.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: mike68] #632393
01/30/12 04:00 PM
01/30/12 04:00 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: mike68

Thanks for posting what I've been thinking for a while. This guy is full of crap, spewing nonsense.

You´re welcome, Mike. I don´t mind him speculating about the Italian mobsters in Italy. That´s fine. But when claiming to know something he just pulled out of his a.. and showing that disrespect to posters who actually know what they are talking about, makes me react. There are visitors in here that could buy a lot of crap and false information, misguiding them (especially when not proper sources are presented).
Let´s try to put an end to that.

[Linked Image]
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: HairyKnuckles] #633021
02/04/12 10:44 AM
02/04/12 10:44 AM
Naples,Italy
F
Frank Offline
Button
Frank  Offline
F
Button
Naples,Italy

mike miranda was born in the same place where i live.a man told me about him some months ago.i know he came back here to make deals with camorra but i m talking about 40-50 years ago.i never found something about him on internet.he was a boss or a soldier?

Last edited by Frank; 02/04/12 10:45 AM.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Frank] #633027
02/04/12 12:07 PM
02/04/12 12:07 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

Originally Posted By: Frank

mike miranda was born in the same place where i live.a man told me about him some months ago.i know he came back here to make deals with camorra but i m talking about 40-50 years ago.i never found something about him on internet.he was a boss or a soldier?

Mike Miranda fled the US in mid 1930s after a murder charge and found refuge in Italy. He returned to New York in mid 1940s when the charges against him were dropped.
He was very close to Vito Genovese and rose to the rank of consigliere when Genovese grabbed power in the old Luciano Family.
Interesting that you are living in the same town as Miranda was born in. You might have heard about Antonio Carillo, nicknamed "Tony the Sheik"? Carillo was another caporegime in the Genovese Family, born in the same town as Miranda...and you, I guess.

[Linked Image]
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #633031
02/04/12 12:29 PM
02/04/12 12:29 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Guys I suggest we keep this information in the right topic, because this is getting confusing.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull