GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,158
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,812
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39632
06/26/06 09:20 PM
06/26/06 09:20 PM
The Corleone Compound
The Don of Bball Offline OP
Wiseguy
The Don of Bball  Offline OP
Wiseguy
The Corleone Compound
If Fredo had not been killed, what do you think Anthony would have grown to be? It seems from GFIII that he didnt want to get mixed up in Michael's business because Fredo was killed by Michael. But, assuming that Fredo wasnt killed by Anthony's father, do you think maybe Anthony would have partaken in the family business?
I think there really isnt a clue as to what he might do in such a case. However, maybe Kay would have forbade him from it....

Every man has but one destiny.
Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39633
06/26/06 09:34 PM
06/26/06 09:34 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Kay was already trying to shield Anthony from his father's 'business' ... long before Fredo was killed.

Chances are that even had Fredo lived and gotten away with the trecherous, selfish betrayal against Michael and the entire Corleone Family...between his mother's influence and the seemingly tender relationship that was beginning to develop with his uncle, Anthony might still have rebelled against the violent nature of the family business.

But that's not to say that Michael would've even wanted Anthony to follow him into the Family, despite that 'Maybe I can help' conversation after the Communion Party. He may have had those 'Senator/Governor' plans in mind that Vito had once had for him.

After all...when you're 3 years old and can read the funny papers, there's just no telling how far you can go!!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39634
06/27/06 10:05 AM
06/27/06 10:05 AM
Ann Arbor
S
stavka Offline
Made Member
stavka  Offline
S
Made Member
Ann Arbor
I had always taken Kaye's comments to imply Anthony had some sort of emotional or developmental problems - until GFIII of course, then I just figured he had a terrible agent.

In my pre-GFIII I picked Anthony growing up to be a useless stay around the house sort of guy that would be constant sorce of frustration for Michael as he realized his son was not at all what he wanted, but for once in his life could do nothing about it. Some problems money and violence can't solve.

I took the bonding with Fredo to reinforce this notion, birds of a feather.

"I don't shine shoes no more..."
Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39635
06/27/06 10:17 AM
06/27/06 10:17 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I think the short answer is that Fredo's survival probably wouldn't have had much, if any, influence on Anthony's career direction. Yes, he said, "Maybe I can help you?" but he was too young to understand the true nature of his father's business. And, as Apple points out, Kay was already pulling him (or poised to pull him) away from "the family business."
In Kay's confrontation with Michael in III, Michael wanted Anthony to go to law school and told Kay, "He throws away greatness." I don't think he meant that Anthony would be a great champion of law, which supports Apple's contention that Michael probably intended him to be a Senator or Governor, as his own father wanted for him. The knowledge that his father ordered Fredo's death might have had an impact on Anthony's break with his father, but I think he'd have chosen out without knowing about Fredo.
Apple: I didn't take his achievement of reading the funny papers at age 3 to indicate a future as an illustrator or cartoonist. I thought that his prowess with the flit gun portended a future as an exterminator, particularly since Vito keeled over shortly thereafter. This was an old family tradition, as in Clemenza telling Paulie: "Watch out we don't extoiminate you." wink

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39636
06/27/06 10:34 AM
06/27/06 10:34 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Turnbull:
... I thought that his prowess with the flit gun portended a future as an exterminator, particularly since Vito keeled over shortly thereafter....
lol

Of course, the fact that he cried like a little weenie at grandpa's orange monster teeth...may have also been an early indication of the sensitive, artistic side of Anthony which would of course come into full bloom by the time of GFIII...

lol

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39637
06/27/06 10:58 AM
06/27/06 10:58 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Of course, the fact that he cried like a little weenie at grandpa's orange monster teeth...may have also been an early indication of the sensitive, artistic side of Anthony which would of course come into full bloom by the time of GFIII...

lol
If that were the case, he'd have made his debut in "Pagliacci" instead of "Cavalleria Rusticana." wink

Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39638
06/27/06 12:08 PM
06/27/06 12:08 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally posted by Turnbull:
If that were the case, he'd have made his debut in "Pagliacci" instead of "Cavalleria Rusticana." wink [/QB]
Actually these two rather short operas are shown together.

There are deleted scenes or script drafts that show Anthony was an emotional wreck well before Fredo died. There is a scene at the communion where is is sitting alone all morose, and also in New Hampshire where Tom goes to retrieve Kay when she leaves Nevada. ALso in GF II there is the "abortion" scene in which Kay says something about Anthony's not being "all right."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39639
06/27/06 01:44 PM
06/27/06 01:44 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by dontomasso:
ALso in GF II there is the "abortion" scene in which Kay says something about Anthony's not being "all right." [/QB]
No she was saying that his life isn't right. He has no friends his age. Just Michael's Buttonmen to play with.
See:
KAY:You've become blind, MICHAEL.
MICHAEL: Blind to what?
KAY: Look -- look what's happened to us, Mike -- my God, look what's happened to our son, MICHAEL.
MICHAEL: Nothing's happened to him.
KAY: Don't tell me nothing's --
MICHAEL: ANTHONY's fine
KAY: ANTHONY's not fine!
MICHAEL: I don't wanna hear about it.
KAY: You will hear about it!
MICHAEL: I don't wanna hear about it!
KAY: ANTHONY's friends --
KAY: are your buttonmen!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39640
06/27/06 02:56 PM
06/27/06 02:56 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
The Last Woltz Offline
Underboss
The Last Woltz  Offline
Underboss
Pittsburgh, PA
Actually, I think DT is referring to the scene in a draft script here where Tom tracks down Kay in New Hampshire.

Kay elaborates on what's wrong with Anthony, telling Tom, among other things, that Anthony knows Michael killed Carlo and that Anthony is afraid Michael will have him shot to get revenge for his "killing" Vito.

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"
Re: Anthony's position if Fredo wasnt killed... #39641
06/27/06 03:14 PM
06/27/06 03:14 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by The Last Woltz:
Kay elaborates on what's wrong with Anthony, telling Tom, among other things, that Anthony knows Michael killed Carlo and that Anthony is afraid Michael will have him shot to get revenge for his "killing" Vito.
See--I told you that flit gun in GF was more than a prop... grin

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull