GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 269 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,680
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #622293
11/30/11 10:26 AM
11/30/11 10:26 AM
D
Daco Offline OP
Wiseguy
Daco  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
REFRESH =).

Here's a few more questions!

1.What if made guy doesen't pay his Captain weekly?I mean,if he doesen't pay on time...
2.Does Capo decide how much they're going to pay?
3.Do associates hang with crew and captains and do they get involve in mafia business,killing and paying tribute to Capo?
4.When associate needs to kill a man to get his bones made,does he kill a man he knows,a man that mob contracted (that betrayed them) or some random man?

Last edited by Daco; 11/30/11 10:44 AM.
Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #622308
11/30/11 01:30 PM
11/30/11 01:30 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Daco
REFRESH =).

Here's a few more questions!

1.What if made guy doesen't pay his Captain weekly?I mean,if he doesen't pay on time...
2.Does Capo decide how much they're going to pay?
3.Do associates hang with crew and captains and do they get involve in mafia business,killing and paying tribute to Capo?
4.When associate needs to kill a man to get his bones made,does he kill a man he knows,a man that mob contracted (that betrayed them) or some random man?

Hi. Did you get those books that people mentioned in this thread? They go into a lot of that. Turnbull also wrote a lot on the subjects you mention. The answer to all your questions is 'it depends".

1) Not paying agreed upon tribute on time and in full amount is a very bad idea. A made man may just be in captain's bad books for a while, he may have to go to loan sharks and get deeper in debt, he may get tasks/assignments that are degrading, he may be treated with disrespect by captain and other ranking members, he may be subjected to physical/verbal abuse, he may be killed. It all depends on the whims and needs of the captain and the boss and who else that particular soldier is connected to. Usually killing someone for something like that is the very last straw-if you're working for a reasonable captain.

2) Each captain sets his own rules for each member of his crew.

3) There is a very wide range of power, age and wealth in "associates". Some theoretically have as much or more power than some made members; others are pathetic wannabees. Some associates have their own crews of criminals to run; others are gofers for made members. Some report to captains; others report to soldiers or even other associates.

4) It is not really a requirement any more to kill to be formally inducted. But if that is part of the desire of that particular family, there is no telling who the associate may be asked to assist in killing.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #622454
12/01/11 07:35 AM
12/01/11 07:35 AM
D
Daco Offline OP
Wiseguy
Daco  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
Thanks Lilo.I'm not capable to buy it now,but i'll buy it for a few weeks.

And,does soldier run his own business?Does he get racket from Capo to run,or he has to racketeer his own business that he want?Does crew work together,and does made guys into that crew know each other?

Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #622995
12/05/11 09:05 AM
12/05/11 09:05 AM
D
Daco Offline OP
Wiseguy
Daco  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
Sorry for double post.I'd like if someone would answer my question above.

Why is so important that made guy needs to pay his tribute?What will that secure him?Why he would want to to that?Is there benefit for him?

Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #622997
12/05/11 09:32 AM
12/05/11 09:32 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Sorry for double post.I'd like if someone would answer my question above.

Why is so important that made guy needs to pay his tribute?What will that secure him?Why he would want to to that?Is there benefit for him?

The Mafia structure is a pyramid scheme. You extort those below you and are extorted by those above you. Ideally you move up over time and become more of an extorter and less of an extortee. If a made man refuses to pay tribute, as discussed, ultimately over time that won't end well for him.

The benefit to the made man is not as much as it was in the past. Theoretically you get the deference and fear from other underworld members as well as non-criminals who understand that you are a paid-in-full member of a national organization that has no problem killing them should they give you problems.You can walk into a business and announce that you're the new partner or settle disputes between non-made associates to your benefit. As one member once put it ,"..as a wiseguy you can lie, you can cheat, you can steal, you can kill people - legitimately. You can do any g****** thing you want and nobody can say anything about it. Who wouldn't want to be a wiseguy?"

With much improved law enforcement techniques, other criminal groups and snitches seemingly everywhere this is not as big of a selling point as it used to be but evidently some people (mostly stupid imo) still seem to want to join up. That seems to be their perception of the benefits.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Lilo] #623039
12/05/11 01:42 PM
12/05/11 01:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good post, Lilo.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #623077
12/05/11 02:44 PM
12/05/11 02:44 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Ditto on that.

Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #623586
12/08/11 11:09 AM
12/08/11 11:09 AM
D
Daco Offline OP
Wiseguy
Daco  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
Aham.

And who give rackets to made members?Or when they become made they can by themselves racketeer?Does underboss racketeer?Or how it goes?Owner of business needs to give a made guy percentage of his money that he earned weekly?

Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #623588
12/08/11 11:53 AM
12/08/11 11:53 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Aham.

And who give rackets to made members?Or when they become made they can by themselves racketeer?Does underboss racketeer?Or how it goes?Owner of business needs to give a made guy percentage of his money that he earned weekly?

It´s for the soldier to decide how to make his money. He´s the one who has to come up with schemes and deals to make money.
A boss can put a soldier in a certain racket/business to take care of it for him. All profit, basically, will be haanded to the boss.
Most soldiers have their own racket/business. But this profit will be shared with the captain (if it´s an illegal business).
Keep in mind Daco, that profits and money always goes upward. Never downward.
When a soldier dies, his illegal business will be taken over by the Mafia. Loansharking debts for example, automatically will be seized by his Mafia friends.
However, if a soldier who dies, owned a fully legit business, this business will be inherited by his immediate family (that is his relatives).

[Linked Image]
Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: pizzaboy] #623667
12/08/11 05:35 PM
12/08/11 05:35 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Good post, Lilo.

+1

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #623678
12/08/11 07:58 PM
12/08/11 07:58 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Thanks, all.

Winter is Coming

Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #624249
12/12/11 02:13 AM
12/12/11 02:13 AM
D
Daco Offline OP
Wiseguy
Daco  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
Aham.Now i get it.And,when associates,soldiers and capos pay their tribute that money is going to the boss.But where is he investing that money to?I know that boss invests it in other business,but does he invest in crews or something like that?

Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #628285
01/07/12 10:42 AM
01/07/12 10:42 AM
D
Daco Offline OP
Wiseguy
Daco  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
REFRESH:

Please answer me on this question below,and i have one more.

When they started making 5 families,how did they organised themselves?Did family had only made members on beginning?

Re: Mafia crews and ranks. [Re: Daco] #628289
01/07/12 12:35 PM
01/07/12 12:35 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
REFRESH:

Please answer me on this question below,and i have one more.

When they started making 5 families,how did they organised themselves?Did family had only made members on beginning?

Most crime historians who have researched this topic agree that the Genovese family started with Joe Masseria in the early 1920s. He was successful in linking to him elements from the Neapolitan and Calabrese gangs.
Different sections of New York had different ethnic compilations. Not only between the Irish, Jews, Poles, etc., but also between different Italian immigrants. I´m sure that a native New Yorker, who´s a member of this forum, can explain this better than me.
Bonanno family was originally composed of immigrants who originated from Castellammare del Golfo, and who had settled mainly in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn, but also in Manhattan's Lower East Side. There are hints that this family was active already at the beginning of the century. That is already around 1900-1905. The leaders had simply transferred their traditions across the Atlantic, with the immigration.
Tata D'Aquila led a third family already around 1910. This family was mainly composed of men from the Palermo area, and later became the Gambino family. D'Aquila was the capo di tutti capi until he was killed in 1928.
It seems that Profaci formed his Mafia family in Brooklyn sometime in the mid 1920's. It seems that he had his top position in the Mafia confirmed during the Cleveland meeting that got broken up by the police in 1928. But who really knows?
Another interesting thing with the Profaci family is that it was largely composed of men from the small coastal town of Villabate, just east of Palermo.
The fifth family had its own territory in the Bronx and East Harlem. It was led by Gaetano "Tommy" Reina who was murdered in 1930.
It is not possible with certainty to determine how this family was formed, although there are some suggestions saying that it was an off shoot from the Morello gang. No one can tell for sure. This family was mainly composed of men from the brutal Sicilian town of Corleone.
There were members from Palermo in all these families.
If we ignore the Masseria gang, mainland Italians began to become members of the Mafia later in the 1930s, although there were exceptions. For example, Albert Anastasia (who was Calabrese, had a leading position in the Mafia already around 1930)

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 01/07/12 01:22 PM.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull