GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 203 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,344
Posts1,058,970
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: carmela] #621422
11/24/11 07:14 PM
11/24/11 07:14 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
I said it once, I said it a million times. Calabrians have taken over Montreal. Cotroni is at the top. Montagna was getting in the way now, apparently, and off he went.

And which Cotroni would that be? Could you elaborate on this? What makes you think Calabrians are behind all this?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering.

I already said as much as I'll say on this. I don't like spitting out first names and yeah sure I could be wrong. All I was pointing out is my theories of Calabrian takeover with some Sicilians in tow, is what I still maintain. Little by little all things I've said over the last year+ have come to pass. And Montagna, for sure, had no chance of being at the top of this takeover. I know some see him as some mean badass mobster, whose intelligence is rival to none, but that is far from true.

Aaaaand as I have mentioned plenty times and will repeat once more... Giuseppe Big Joe Cun trera was nowhere to be found when Agostino was gunned down. Nor was he at the funeral. He was back in his hometown of Sicily. Doesn't this seem odd to anyone? cool

In mafia terms, that means he approved. The question is why?

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: carmela] #621423
11/24/11 07:23 PM
11/24/11 07:23 PM
J
John_W Offline
Associate
John_W  Offline
J
Associate
Originally Posted By: John_W
Hows you doing Carmela(Tag) long time no speak, no one on RD has heard from Joey yet, probably locked himself in his bathroom crying looking at his picture of Sal in his wallet.

For people that dont know me, im a longstanding poster on Real Deal and thought i would see how things are here

Regards

John W

John...I miss you!!! Nice to see you again!! Yes, you are a very longstanding, and educated poster on Real Deal. I always valued your opinion. Mainly because it was in line with my own. grin They axed me over there, I'm sure you know. frown

My guess is JoeyCigars is on the next flight to Canada.

I heard about that, its a shame, a few of us asked for you but no go im afraid, maybe in time, at least it seems to be active here and most are RD posters anyway.

Some crazy shit still going on up there, i thought it was all done with the death of Nicolo, maybe this is the second phase to kill the people who try to step up.

Regards

John W

Last edited by John_W; 11/24/11 07:23 PM.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: eurodave] #621424
11/24/11 07:25 PM
11/24/11 07:25 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: eurodave
In mafia terms, that means he approved. The question is why?

Maybe because from the so called "man of honour" perspective, he knew it was a legitimate act of revenge?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: carmela] #621425
11/24/11 07:30 PM
11/24/11 07:30 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
I said it once, I said it a million times. Calabrians have taken over Montreal. Cotroni is at the top. Montagna was getting in the way now, apparently, and off he went.

I think you're right. Montagna was probably trying to reorganize the Rizzuto clan and he got in the way, as did Lopresti.

I know you're on Real Deal. You look up my username there: tagliafaccia (tag) and you'll see on those threads I have stood constant that Calabrians (Cotroni godfather) is behind the takeover, with some leftover Sicilians falling in line behind. A collaboration, but mainly Calabrian. I always maintained Montagna was NOT the man others were making him out to be. His getting hit was a long time coming.
He couldn't re-organize or take control of his own dinnertable let alone Montreal.

I think youre absolutely right. The Bonannos werent behind the taking out of the Rizzutos. Approval for the hit on old Nick came from Hamilton. No approval from NY was needed. When Sal came to Montreal the writing was already on the wall for the Rizzutos. Mafia Inc mentions that Sal had nothing to do with the 2 murders that happened within the 1st 3 months of Sals arrival (Del Peschio, Nick Rizzuto jr.), but that Sal could see that the Rizzutos had lost the confidence of the citys underworld, and he decided to join forces with the winning team. Seems like he was highly respected at that point and welcomed with open arms into the ongoing conspiracy.

Im only speculating, but it seems highly likely that he just got too greedy for power. He should have been able to work WITH the local Montreal mob and the other Calabrians, but he probably wanted total control, and it cost him. Just my guess though.

It should be interesting to see what happens next.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621426
11/24/11 07:34 PM
11/24/11 07:34 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Good points, Mick. And to note, I've never read Mafia Inc or any other mafia book for that matter. But I've also said in the past that Montagna will sit back, and see where the chips will fall and then choose the winning side. Which is why, I always referred to him as a 'man without a family'.

Last edited by carmela; 11/24/11 07:35 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621427
11/24/11 07:38 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
One thing I was dead wrong on and I'll admit, is I said over and over there would be no more killings after Nick. I was wrong on that. Obviously. But maybe things took a different turn up there and made a change of unplanned events that involved killing others.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Mick2010] #621428
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mick2010
I think youre absolutely right. The Bonannos werent behind the taking out of the Rizzutos. Approval for the hit on old Nick came from Hamilton. No approval from NY was needed.

So you think that Montreal answers to Hamilton now? Why would they need approval from Hamilton otherwise? If anyone would have wanted Nick to be killed it were the Hamilton guys. I would imagine it would rather be the other way around; approval from New York.

Anyway, I was about to go to bed when I read this news. Too flabbergasted right now...

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: carmela] #621432
11/24/11 08:09 PM
11/24/11 08:09 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

Half the posts in the Montagna murder thread over in the Real Deal are Joey Cigars jokes.

I imagine he's got a Montagna memorial shrine set up by now, complete with portrait (that he painted himself) surrounded by candles.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Sonny_Black] #621435
11/24/11 08:22 PM
11/24/11 08:22 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
Quote:
So you think that Montreal answers to Hamilton now?

No I dont think Montreal answers to Hamilton, but I do think the Hamilton families are now working much closer with Montreal, and possibly the Toronto families and the D'Amicos are as well. And maybe they have more of a voice in Montreal now.

Right now, it appears everything is uncertain with this war that is going on though. Who knows who answers to who right now.

Quote:
Why would they need approval from Hamilton otherwise? If anyone would have wanted Nick to be killed it were the Hamilton guys. I would imagine it would rather be the other way around; approval from New York.

Everything I have read suggests approval came from Hamilton. Maybe I should've worded it differently. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that the order came from Hamilton, but thats the way its been worded ins some articles I have read. such as these 2 for example: http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/national/archives/2011/01/20110107-044313.html

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/national/archives/2011/01/20110108-070819.html

Local law enforcement seem to believe in the Hamilton theory. And they knew old Nick was going to be killed and warned him it was going to happen. I would think they have some pretty solid information if they knew of the contract well before the hit took place. If they knew of the contract, they must have some idea who was behind it. Of course I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that Hamilton sought approval from the Bonannos.

Last edited by Mick2010; 11/24/11 08:44 PM.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621440
11/24/11 08:59 PM
11/24/11 08:59 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/24/reputed-montreal-mob-boss-killed

thats a video of authorities trying to revive montagna it is kind of graphic

this article was updated about a half hour ago. Some interesting stuff there, such as the theory that the Lorenzo Lo Presti murder was meant to be a message to Sal. Its definitely still unclear at this point who is on each side.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621441
11/24/11 09:10 PM
11/24/11 09:10 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
"Police sources believe there was a pact between Montagna and Calabrian-based ‘ndrangheta crime families in Ontario. Further, the Calabrian clans with links to Montagna have operations in New York which have been operating under the radar because law enforcement is focused on terrorism.

The first shots may have been fired by a coalition of Montagna’s clan and southern Ontario’s Calabrian groups, but police had been waiting for the response to determine who is on which side"

Very interesting........it also corroborates with the idea by Quebec journalists that Montagna was seen many times in Ontario.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: eurodave] #621443
11/24/11 09:21 PM
11/24/11 09:21 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
"Police sources believe there was a pact between Montagna and Calabrian-based ‘ndrangheta crime families in Ontario. Further, the Calabrian clans with links to Montagna have operations in New York which have been operating under the radar because law enforcement is focused on terrorism.

The first shots may have been fired by a coalition of Montagna’s clan and southern Ontario’s Calabrian groups, but police had been waiting for the response to determine who is on which side"

Very interesting........it also corroborates with the idea by Quebec journalists that Montagna was seen many times in Ontario.

Interesting to say the least. Sal definitely had a pact with Ontario calabrians. Whether that pact was still in tact at this point, is the question. If it was, it will be really interesting to see what the response will be. Whoever was behind this could have the Ontario calabrians and the Bonannos coming after them. I just get the feeling we may see another attempt on Raynald Desjardins life in the near future. Just a guess though.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Mick2010] #621444
11/24/11 09:35 PM
11/24/11 09:35 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mick2010

Interesting to say the least. Sal definitely had a pact with Ontario calabrians. Whether that pact was still in tact at this point, is the question. If it was, it will be really interesting to see what the response will be. Whoever was behind this could have the Ontario calabrians and the Bonannos coming after them. I just get the feeling we may see another attempt on Raynald Desjardins life in the near future. Just a guess though.

I think that the pact was put into place to get rid of the Rizzuto reign and give the Calabrians more access to the Montreal distribution network, as well as the Bonnanos.

That being said, Montagna didn't have the blessing of established Montreal mafiosi and once they were able to eliminate Rizzuto, all the allies started fighting over who would take over, hence Lopresti, Montagna and Desjardins.

The most important point of all this bloodshed was the removal of the Rizzuto hegemony. Now that it's been accomplished, the Calabrians will work with whoever is left.

Last edited by eurodave; 11/24/11 09:37 PM.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: carmela] #621446
11/24/11 09:48 PM
11/24/11 09:48 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Hows you doing Carmela(Tag) long time no speak, no one on RD has heard from Joey yet, probably locked himself in his bathroom crying looking at his picture of Sal in his wallet.

For people that dont know me, im a longstanding poster on Real Deal and thought i would see how things are here

Regards

John W

John...I miss you!!! Nice to see you again!! Yes, you are a very longstanding, and educated poster on Real Deal. I always valued your opinion. Mainly because it was in line with my own. grin They axed me over there, I'm sure you know. frown

I, myself, wish David would reconsider with a few people. Sort of like a one-time amnesty thing or whatever. Tag, Maggio, Les Paul, to name a few. But Maggio got under David's skin like nobody I've ever seen. whistle

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: IvyLeague] #621448
11/24/11 09:55 PM
11/24/11 09:55 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Regards

John W

I, myself, wish David would reconsider with a few people. Sort of like a one-time amnesty thing or whatever. Tag, Maggio, Les Paul, to name a few. But Maggio got under David's skin like nobody I've ever seen. whistle

You're sweet wiseguy, you really are. I always liked you. And you're probably one of those really hot mormons. grin But... just speaking for myself, there is nothing to reconsider, as I never even once approached Dave about my ban. He perm banned me, no first time offense, no warning, no temp ban..just a straight up perm ban..and I accepted it. There is not a chance that I would lower myself to ask to come back or to accept an invitation to come back. It was a harsh penalty, but one I was fully prepared to accept if it came to it.
Since reading my ban message a couple months ago, I have never heard a word from Tommy or Dave..and yet, my life seems to continue. wink

Back to the topic at hand. smile

Last edited by carmela; 11/24/11 09:57 PM.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621466
11/25/11 07:16 AM
11/25/11 07:16 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
The one thing I would say is that no one should underestimate the Bonannos.

A made man and high ranking figure of theirs is killed. If they didn't sanction it, they could respond just out of principle. These guys live by certain rules/codes, even today.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621493
11/25/11 02:00 PM
11/25/11 02:00 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
We will see what happens, i dont expect anything from NY.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621495
11/25/11 02:09 PM
11/25/11 02:09 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
I was reading in the NYPost how when Mike Virtuoso "The Butcher" was popped a while back the fbi seized a bunch of newspaper clippings of Bonanno mobsters he had been keeping- amongst those clippings where stuff about Montagna's deportation

I wonder how Montagna was viewed when he was Acting Boss in NYC, was he effective? I think he must have been a capable guy to be made Acting Boss in his 30s! Regardless of whether there was anybody left there is ALWAYS somebody older who is out on the streets that can be appointed.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621497
11/25/11 02:36 PM
11/25/11 02:36 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Does anyone think that this will create violence in new york?

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621498
11/25/11 02:37 PM
11/25/11 02:37 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
That video of the paramedics trying to revive Sal is badass. Looking dapper, shot and killed on thanksgiving morning, Blood in the snow.

Last edited by Mooney; 11/25/11 02:38 PM.

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Scorsese] #621505
11/25/11 03:49 PM
11/25/11 03:49 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Does anyone think that this will create violence in new york?

prob not

i wonder what capeci will say about this in gangland...

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Mooney] #621507
11/25/11 04:35 PM
11/25/11 04:35 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mooney
That video of the paramedics trying to revive Sal is badass. Looking dapper, shot and killed on thanksgiving morning, Blood in the snow.

You know how articles are always saying "it was a scene out of the Godfather" or "it was like the Sopranos"? This time, it really was!

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: carmela] #621526
11/25/11 08:43 PM
11/25/11 08:43 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Why not? Montreal is by rights the Bonanno territory and I doubt TG will just walk away when tens of millions are are stake. Not without a fight he wont.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621528
11/25/11 09:06 PM
11/25/11 09:06 PM
LordSlickNutz Offline
Button
LordSlickNutz  Offline
Button
I think he must have been a capable guy to be made Acting Boss in his 30s! Regardless of whether there was anybody left there is ALWAYS somebody older who is out on the streets that can be appointed.

Dapper, I concur. It probably help when he was closed to Vinny Gorgeous at the time. His Sicilian and Montreal links didn't hurt either.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Mussolini14] #621529
11/25/11 09:10 PM
11/25/11 09:10 PM
LordSlickNutz Offline
Button
LordSlickNutz  Offline
Button
Many observers reckoned the link between NY and Montreal was broken after the Sciascia's hit.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: LordSlickNutz] #621533
11/25/11 09:43 PM
11/25/11 09:43 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LordSlickNutz
I think he must have been a capable guy to be made Acting Boss in his 30s! Regardless of whether there was anybody left there is ALWAYS somebody older who is out on the streets that can be appointed.

Dapper, I concur. It probably help when he was closed to Vinny Gorgeous at the time. His Sicilian and Montreal links didn't hurt either.

Back in the days it was quite normal for bosses to start young. Bonanno at 26, Luciano in his early thirties, Profaci, Trafficante, etc.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621534
11/25/11 09:45 PM
11/25/11 09:45 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
anyone think that the iron worker may have been hit by new york?

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Sonny_Black] #621535
11/25/11 09:47 PM
11/25/11 09:47 PM
LordSlickNutz Offline
Button
LordSlickNutz  Offline
Button
True that. Although it must be noted this was after a power struggle where a "new wave" took out the old guard of "moustache pete".

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Mussolini14] #621537
11/25/11 10:05 PM
11/25/11 10:05 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Why not? Montreal is by rights the Bonanno territory and I doubt TG will just walk away when tens of millions are are stake. Not without a fight he wont.

TG?

TG is too busy going back int he can with his recent arrest, besides with his daughters all over tv I think that made any boss ambitions he might have had out the window

unless the bonannos are that desperate to have him which i doubt

there are some other capable guys out there

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #621563
11/26/11 04:02 AM
11/26/11 04:02 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
the funny thing is a lot of papers show vinny gorgeous' picture as salvatore montagna. and this turkish paper also says that montagna was the official current boss and not the former acting boss.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/planet/19323545.asp
http://america24.com/news/ucciso-mafioso-siciliano-ex-capo-della-famiglia-bonanno
http://www.corriere.com/viewstory.php?storyid=113992
http://www.antena3.ro/externe/familia-bo...rau-145342.html

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull