It was the year 2004 when gunmen/hitmen from La Barbie's faction entered Nuevo Laredo to support Los Chachos group/cell against Los Zetas under the Gulf Cartel. It was the first time I heard about any of these groups, me and Nuevo Laredo citizens were shocked and scared about these groups. We didn't know who they were until they started fighting each other with machine guns and killing police officers. Los Cachos lost againt Los Zetas but everybody saw what power these criminals had, some said they were mercenaries hired by politicians battling each other over legal status but nobody really understood the bloodshed. Citizens of Nuevo Laredo knew what was happening and citizens of Laredo knew also but the rest of the world didn't pay much attention what was happening in Nuevo Laredo. I remember of guys telling me in my school that guys in Nuevo Laredo were fighting each other with grenades and machine guns but I didn't believe it at first. I had some wealthy friend from Mexico in highscool, the guys were normal guys but they had money. I drove my first orange 2005 Escalade at age 16, I barely knew how to drive but I felt I had the world in my hands. I was really shy and timid back then but damn I had everything thanks to my friend, I never thought of what I gotten myself into but life was good. The girls surrounded by friend were after me but I couldn't complain I always had girls after me but I was always very shy.....but now that I understand it I appreciate it, damn I didn't know what I got myself into back then. It felt like a game back then but Jose was a really good friend but he always had guys respecting him for no reason. I remember about this Gato, he was supposed to look after Jose but now I know that Gato was a cartel gunmen. -Sahid M.

Last edited by HermitKermit; 11/13/11 04:53 AM.