GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,864
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: Smurph] #638983
03/08/12 07:42 PM
03/08/12 07:42 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Smurph
See...this is a perfect example of what frustrates me about what you present as fact. John Stanfa was never "made". Being "made" is an American mafia tradition. Stanfa came directly from Sicily and had a very tied in network when he arrived. He immediately became Angelo Bruno's driver and advisor. He didnt need to be "made".

Ralph Natalee himself says that he "made himself". Ralph Natalee is an absolute loser. Bruno and Stanfa hated him. The way he got involved was that while serving time for his SEOOND SERIES OR NAROTICS CHARGES he met Joey Merlino who was doing a bid related to a hijacking gone bad. Natalee and Merlino became friends and made plans for when they got out. Nobody wanted Natalee to have any responsibility. His narcotics dealing kept him from ever even being considered. As it was he never excercised any real power anyway. Merlino was always the real boss and Natalee the lightning rod.

Natalee quickly caught a third set of narcotics charges and then flipped. The first boss of a commission sitting family to do so.

Natalee and Merlino were never commission approved either incidentally. Stanfa wasthe last commissioned Bruno family boss but he never really held power either because the Young Turks were at war with them and the line and rank in Philly saw the Sicilian as an interloper and sidgey.

Merlino was made. The current acting street boss Steven Mazzone never was.

Can you please cite some credible sources to support your claim? Thanks brother.

First, being "made" did not originate in the U.S. And a "made guy" is recognized as such on both sides.

Second, the Commission in New York wasn't functioning on the same level as it had before Bruno was killed and before the Commission case. The Gambinos supported Stanfa, while the Genovese supported the Merlino faction. Merlino was recognized as the acting boss but never became the official boss. Ligambi is made and was recognized as the official boss by New York.

Third, Natale was also made in a ceremony conducted by Joey Merlino. There is no rule that only an official boss, recognized by the Commission, can perform ceremonies or make guys. One can argue the case of whether Ron Previte was really made, since he never went through the ceremony, but you can't argue about Natale.

Fourth, according to all the sources I'm aware of, indictments, George Anastasia, etc., Steven Mazzone is also made.

Enough of the rewriting history.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #638996
03/08/12 08:47 PM
03/08/12 08:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Smurph, I apparently need somewhere to start so I suggest reading this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Mafia/dp/0028642252

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #639067
03/09/12 10:54 AM
03/09/12 10:54 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Steven Mazzone is definitely made as is his brother Sonny. I wont reiterate the other crap that ivey anc chuckey already did.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: IvyLeague] #639072
03/09/12 11:22 AM
03/09/12 11:22 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
See...this is a perfect example of what frustrates me about what you present as fact. John Stanfa was never "made". Being "made" is an American mafia tradition. Stanfa came directly from Sicily and had a very tied in network when he arrived. He immediately became Angelo Bruno's driver and advisor. He didnt need to be "made".

Ralph Natalee himself says that he "made himself". Ralph Natalee is an absolute loser. Bruno and Stanfa hated him. The way he got involved was that while serving time for his SEOOND SERIES OR NAROTICS CHARGES he met Joey Merlino who was doing a bid related to a hijacking gone bad. Natalee and Merlino became friends and made plans for when they got out. Nobody wanted Natalee to have any responsibility. His narcotics dealing kept him from ever even being considered. As it was he never excercised any real power anyway. Merlino was always the real boss and Natalee the lightning rod.

Natalee quickly caught a third set of narcotics charges and then flipped. The first boss of a commission sitting family to do so.

Natalee and Merlino were never commission approved either incidentally. Stanfa wasthe last commissioned Bruno family boss but he never really held power either because the Young Turks were at war with them and the line and rank in Philly saw the Sicilian as an interloper and sidgey.

Merlino was made. The current acting street boss Steven Mazzone never was.

Can you please cite some credible sources to support your claim? Thanks brother.

First, being "made" did not originate in the U.S. And a "made guy" is recognized as such on both sides.

Unless smurph means the term "made". Because that doesn't exist when referring to mafia in Sicily. You're a 'man of honor'. That's how you're referred to. Now as far as ceremonies go..of course they exist. That's just plain ignorance (stupidity?) to say otherwise.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: Chucky] #639106
03/09/12 01:38 PM
03/09/12 01:38 PM
AmericanCrime Offline OP
Capo
AmericanCrime  Offline OP
Capo
Perhaps of interest, I read an article in "Mob Candy" that has quotes from Commander Izzo the head of the NYPD Organized Crime Control Bureau where he described Bradford "The German" Cox as "powerful and influential". He also admits that he has been a target of regular surveillance. He does however say that The German, as elusive as he has always been, seems to be less involved in underworld activities himself. The contributor who wrote the artile restates that The German is assumed to have some sort of executiv or advisory role in the family. Appareently he is very close to Liborio Bellomo and allegedky dates his goddaughter who he treats like a daughter as he apparently brought her over from Italy as a girl and raised her. I think this is where the Genovese link comes in.

Ah very interesting. Thanks for the info Smurph. As for the link to the Genovese family via this sort of casual relationship. I think it's entirely plausible.

Originally Posted By: Chucky

This is why I didn't title this thread K&A Gang or something similar.
Everyone knows it pretty much faded into obscurity after John Berekery in the 80s.

However, while K&A area might not be as prominant. Alot of other neighborhood in teh Northeast still have a large Irish-American presence.

This is what this thread is about. THe "spiritual successor" to the K&A and any kind of Irish-American OC activity, at any capacity. On another note. It'd be cool if we could get back on topic.

Last edited by AmericanCrime; 03/09/12 02:27 PM.
Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #639118
03/09/12 02:28 PM
03/09/12 02:28 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Not sure if you saw this in the papers recently. This guy and his friends were considered an Irish Gang by some a few years back.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-03-06/news/31127581_1_john-mclaughlin-bar-basement-brother

But theres no real Irish OC in Philly. The closest think you may see to OC or corruption is Johny Doc down on 2 street with his union. lol. But for real there hasn't been a K&A gang for a long time. The 80s were there hey day with limited activity through the 90s and up to 2000.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #639120
03/09/12 02:40 PM
03/09/12 02:40 PM
AmericanCrime Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Yeah I heard about the Seamus O'Neill thing a while back. Some posts I've seen wanna attribute into some sort of Irish-American OC thing, which I mentioned in my first post.

I didn't, however, know the details about John McLaughlin. That he had a stake McWhitey's in the Northeast or that he considered himself a gangster and was mildly feared amongst the locals as the article suggest.

And I agree that the K&A Gang in it's recognizable form hasn't been active since then. But you must admit there seems to be something going on in the Northeast. There's all these people taking. And the same names are popping up. Smoke there's fire.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: Smurph] #639176
03/09/12 10:16 PM
03/09/12 10:16 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
For starters Tino is 100% Italian, Dominick Cirillo is the current Genovese Capo and Danny Leo isn't even close to an Albanian. And Barney doesn't have any God Daughter at all, in our home was three boys and a girl. I caution you talking about people you have no knowledge of! And I can't stand all this Mafia BS(I enjoy the Godfather portion) however your statements are so far fetched it's hard to believe that you read what you write, even harder to believe your nit trying to upset peoples lives by making improper false statements about them. Danny, Tino not Italian give me a break. Cirillo in the Gambino family. You can't even make this BS up. You've also stated the lineage of twenty people, where are you getting your info? Have you done a family tree for each? Matty Ianiello is also 100% Italian, his mothers maiden name was S------. Your a real dope. Smurf?

Last edited by J Geoff; 12/18/13 01:39 PM.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #639209
03/10/12 01:15 AM
03/10/12 01:15 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Philly Irish Mob?

You mean the Pagans or The Breed, right? I'm sure a lot of those guys are "Irish"

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #639215
03/10/12 02:41 AM
03/10/12 02:41 AM
AmericanCrime Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Nah altho they ran meth with the Pagans in the 80s

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: EastHarlemItal] #639217
03/10/12 03:39 AM
03/10/12 03:39 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
For starters Tino is 100% Italian, Dominick Cirillo is the current Genovese Capo and Danny Leo isn't even close to an Albanian. And Barney doesn't have any God Daughter at all, in our home was three boys and a girl. I caution you talking about people you have no knowledge of! And I can't stand all this Mafia BS(I enjoy the Godfather portion) however your statements are so far fetched it's hard to believe that you read what you write, even harder to believe your nit trying to upset peoples lives by making improper false statements about them. Danny, Tino not Italian give me a break. Cirillo in the Gambino family. You can't even make this BS up. You've also stated the lineage of twenty people, where are you getting your info? Have you done a family tree for each? Matty Ianiello is also 100% Italian, his mothers maiden name was S------. Your a real dope. Smurf?

Don't worry, nobody hear takes Smurph seriously.

Last edited by J Geoff; 12/18/13 01:38 PM.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #639793
03/13/12 04:42 PM
03/13/12 04:42 PM
AmericanCrime Offline OP
Capo
Capo
As you know I've been working on the K&A Gang wikipedia page and have been responsible for mos tof the info on there, as far as the body goes.

Just something funny. Checked the recent edits as I so often do. Several times there's been this unique IP address removing information (specifically about John Berkery). Never paid it much attention, except today I go to look up the address just now.

Low and behold it originates in Philly. All info was properly sourced. Looks like someone's getting pissed off about their image.

Just something funny. Needed a reason to bump this thread. My baby hehe.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #641744
03/27/12 04:47 AM
03/27/12 04:47 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
So I decided to go see the alleged hype about "The German". I went to his court appearance in the Brooklyn Superior Court on February 23rd. According to record discussion his federal RICO charges had been dropped at a grand jury hearing and more serious felony charged forfeited by the state. I noted Liborio Bellomo (Genovese Boss) in the courtroom as well as Steven Mazzonne (Philly acting street boss. There were also a number of attendees wearing Irish green ties including The German's attorney Bruce Cutler.

Prosecution offered a plea to dismiss all charges if he agreed to pay for property his alleged associates stole. He stated that he would not accept the plea and that he was prepared to fight the charges based on principal.

He stated in court that he felt because of certain alleged associations with organized crime he has been subject to repeated arrest and charges falsely. He said that it is his opinion that because he didnt cooperate with FBI agents in Philadelphia that they are attempting to corner him into one of three options. He said the FBI would only cease their conspiracy if he was dead, jailed or cooperating.

The judge then asked the prosecutor if the complaintant was present and the state declared that he was not only not present but reported missing. The judge postponed a decision and allowed the state a continuance until May 25th when the German is scheduled to appear again.

I have the court address if anyone is interested. The state did make a weak attempt to jail The German without bond based on his known affiliations with organized crime groups including the "Bruno and Genovese Families of so-called la cosa nostra, the philadelphia irish mafia group known as the k&a of which he is the undisputed leader and as a known material and monetary supporter of the terrorist organization the RIRA or Real Irish Republican Army."

That is a quote from his trial and more info can be found in articles in both the Daily News and New York Post.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: Smurph] #641745
03/27/12 04:51 AM
03/27/12 04:51 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Also, The German was subpoenaed to testify in the Thomas "Tommy Shots" Gioeli case. Shots is an alleged former boss of the Colombo family. He refused to answer any questions and served five days for being in contempt.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: IvyLeague] #641746
03/27/12 04:53 AM
03/27/12 04:53 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
hey ivy league...how'd you get in when you can't spell "here" correctly...

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #641747
03/27/12 04:59 AM
03/27/12 04:59 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
American Crime,

I applaud your conclusions and appreciate how well you re-phraase what I am trying to say. You do a great job of editing and monitoring and I can see you also are seeking referencable material. I hope that you continue to summarize as brilliantly as you have thus far and encourage you to utilize information from those genuinely interested in your thread who are as interested as you are in solving the mystery. I encourage discourse among those who have references for their remarks and encourage you to delete the material posted by those who do not.

I think its unfair that gawkers and those without any knowledge or referencable comments pass judgement on those who demonstrate some degree of knowledge regarding your thread subject.

Regards.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #641749
03/27/12 05:12 AM
03/27/12 05:12 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
There are previous articles, one in "The Irish Echo" that I will try and aquire and post from that time that allege that Seamus was acting as Irish street boss while The German and Thunder ran operations from prison and Florida. According to the articles the head of the Philadelphia FBI Organized Crime Task Force attributed the murder to The German who allegedly ordered this "hit" after Seamus reportedly told Trip Harding (former boss Ed Harding's son) that he had plans to take over German and Thunder rackets. McClaughlin is a "patch master" or hitman brought in to take care of the situation. This is common in organized crime. Italian and Irish undergrounders have been known to bring people over to conduct hits.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: EastHarlemItal] #641750
03/27/12 05:15 AM
03/27/12 05:15 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
No...I dont make it up...this is based on a series called "Philly Mob" hosted by George Anastasia of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Barry Switzer from Fox Philly. Google search and do some research and you will find the same. If what you say is true then they are to blame. Im not saying Im the Almighty, I'm just making reference to thoise with more info than myself. Perhaps you should try the same instead of whistling out of your ass.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #641752
03/27/12 05:19 AM
03/27/12 05:19 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
I like Chucky's style, but he isnt referring to the same Mazzone...

www.myfoxphilly.com/.../Alleged_Mobsters_Argue_On_Philadelphi...

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #641753
03/27/12 05:23 AM
03/27/12 05:23 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Of interest to all, recently posted "FBI Files - Philly Mob War" sectioned in parts but in its entirety on Youtube

YouTube:

FBI Files Philly Mob War 1 of 4

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #641757
03/27/12 05:28 AM
03/27/12 05:28 AM
S
Smurph Offline
Wiseguy
Smurph  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Other Great Philadelphia Mafia Documentaries Using Following:

"Philly Mob"
- Multiple part series giving history from Bruno to Merlino.

"Mafia Hitmen"
- Mostly narrated by Nick "The Crow" and Phil Leonetta

"Mafia Underboss"
- Phil Leonetti bio

"Mob Biography - Nicky Scarfo"
- How Scarfo went from clipper and Bruno outcast to boss.

"Ten Commandments of the Mafia"
- Narrated largely by Philly singers.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: Smurph] #641861
03/27/12 07:10 PM
03/27/12 07:10 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

hey ivy league...how'd you get in when you can't spell "here" correctly...

Yeah, I admit I screwed up on that word. It happens when you're typing fast. That said, you're the last person who should be talking about getting things wrong.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/27/12 07:12 PM.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #642043
03/28/12 11:56 PM
03/28/12 11:56 PM
AmericanCrime Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Thanks for the kind words above Smurph.
I also love your input on the topic.
Yous eem to have alot of information.
I'd be interested to find out what else you know or will find out in the immediate future. Also, I'd like to looka t those articles and court documents and such. I find Shundler very fascinating.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: Chucky] #656729
07/24/12 10:49 AM
07/24/12 10:49 AM
AmericanCrime Offline OP
Capo
Capo
Originally Posted By: Chucky
As for the K&A, that's been over since the 80s, the northeast has a bunch of russians, polish, and mob guys but no fucking K&A...it aint 1970 anymore.

/beginnecropost
Yeah I believe it died it anything close to it's original form (A loose network of Irish crooks) with John Berkery after he got busted in the meth thing with Long John Martorano.

Then again? You think the Russians & the Pollacks are more viable than an Irish-American OC precence in the Northeast???
I mean there's no doubt some LCN up there. But Philly has one of the largest Irish-American populations in the United States. Most of it focused in the Northeast (at least historically). I dunno how you could say that about the Russians much less the Polish are more active and viable...
I mean the Irish might not be called K&A or hang out in that area anymore. It's jsut synonymous with IRish OC like the NorthEast..

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #695376
02/08/13 08:47 PM
02/08/13 08:47 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline
Capo
DonMega  Offline
Capo
Ireland
good post thought u had to be 100% italian smile

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #695385
02/08/13 09:20 PM
02/08/13 09:20 PM
P
Phriction Offline
Wiseguy
Phriction  Offline
P
Wiseguy
Thanks for posting the WSJ article...I had read an excerpt from it before, but not the whole thing. Like many things in life, timing is everything...Scarfo was plotting to take out Salvie before the ink was even dry! Think on how different the Philly family would be today if Testa made a move on Nicky first. It was Scarfo's paranoia that crushed the family, and the current dysfunctional iteration of Philly LCN is no doubt still paying the price.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: Smurph] #695386
02/08/13 09:38 PM
02/08/13 09:38 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
So I decided to go see the alleged hype about "The German". I went to his court appearance in the Brooklyn Superior Court on February 23rd. According to record discussion his federal RICO charges had been dropped at a grand jury hearing and more serious felony charged forfeited by the state. I noted Liborio Bellomo (Genovese Boss) in the courtroom as well as Steven Mazzonne (Philly acting street boss. There were also a number of attendees wearing Irish green ties including The German's attorney Bruce Cutler.

Prosecution offered a plea to dismiss all charges if he agreed to pay for property his alleged associates stole. He stated that he would not accept the plea and that he was prepared to fight the charges based on principal.

He stated in court that he felt because of certain alleged associations with organized crime he has been subject to repeated arrest and charges falsely. He said that it is his opinion that because he didnt cooperate with FBI agents in Philadelphia that they are attempting to corner him into one of three options. He said the FBI would only cease their conspiracy if he was dead, jailed or cooperating.

The judge then asked the prosecutor if the complaintant was present and the state declared that he was not only not present but reported missing. The judge postponed a decision and allowed the state a continuance until May 25th when the German is scheduled to appear again.

I have the court address if anyone is interested. The state did make a weak attempt to jail The German without bond based on his known affiliations with organized crime groups including the "Bruno and Genovese Families of so-called la cosa nostra, the philadelphia irish mafia group known as the k&a of which he is the undisputed leader and as a known material and monetary supporter of the terrorist organization the RIRA or Real Irish Republican Army."

That is a quote from his trial and more info can be found in articles in both the Daily News and New York Post.

What a load of horse shit. Irish ties and mazzone is one thing. But barney at a fuckin well known mob trial? In a suit in tie!? I know its bs now haha

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #695663
02/10/13 03:27 PM
02/10/13 03:27 PM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
Wow were is smurph getn this shit.we all know that there's been high ranking associates that we're irish but never a consig.or capo in the sense they are made and in the family.and chris Rosenberg was NEVER made.him using the last name demeo is 1ofit the things that led to his death.and were do u get the philly fam didn't have made bosses

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: tommykarate] #695673
02/10/13 05:34 PM
02/10/13 05:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: tommykarate
Wow were is smurph getn this shit.

The voices inside his head.

Re: Philadelphia's Irish Mob [Re: AmericanCrime] #695700
02/10/13 06:56 PM
02/10/13 06:56 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline
Capo
DonMega  Offline
Capo
Ireland
so the K&A gang are not active anymore, also is nick the crow dead? cause jesus he must be near the same age as nicky scarfo now 80+

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull