GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Primo), 249 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,877
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #625922
12/21/11 09:41 AM
12/21/11 09:41 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss

I don't care of artie amd tony went back to the ice ages. You pull a stunt like that on a Boss your done.

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #625933
12/21/11 11:57 AM
12/21/11 11:57 AM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
it makes sense in The Sopranos' realm that Artie is the only guy in the world who could do that to Tony and get away with it.

having said that, I don't buy that scene at all. it's always a terrible choice when directors and film makers don't resist and bring a shotgun or a rifle like that to a scene that absolutely doesn't need it. it reminds of that scene towards the end of "Training Day" when the spanish thug pulls a shotgun to Ethan Hawke's face to perform a simple hit. you just don't need that!

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #625984
12/21/11 05:53 PM
12/21/11 05:53 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
wink Good points it is funny about TV , Movies, and real life.

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #773197
04/15/14 04:30 PM
04/15/14 04:30 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Tony not having a driver/bodyguard for a long time and driving himself all around the city.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #773303
04/16/14 03:01 PM
04/16/14 03:01 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
On the episode "Meadowlands" Tony plays a game of Mario Kart 64 with AJ, except Tony plays with only one hand on the N64 controller. It would be impossible to play without using both hands. Tony isn't hitting the "A" button which makes your character accelerate forward. I know it's a dumb problem to have with the show, but it loses a lot of realism for me when small things like this are overlooked by the crew.

You talkin' to me?
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #773311
04/16/14 03:42 PM
04/16/14 03:42 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Great acting by Gandolfini all the same though. As you say, he clearly couldn't be playing the game - but by God he looks like he is playing a video game. Look at that transfixed expression on his face lol.

2:32

What he's doing with his hands. I love picking up on minor things like that. It's great physical acting. He really was a great actor. No hyperbole.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: Moe_Tilden] #773434
04/17/14 06:35 PM
04/17/14 06:35 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Great acting by Gandolfini all the same though. As you say, he clearly couldn't be playing the game - but by God he looks like he is playing a video game. Look at that transfixed expression on his face lol.

Very true, James always kills it. I have seen many gamers with that very expression, and I doubt James was a gamer.

You talkin' to me?
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #773523
04/18/14 01:26 PM
04/18/14 01:26 PM
U
USICILIANU Offline
Button
USICILIANU  Offline
U
Button
In real life some killers were even worse than Tony's attempted killers. Think about John Veasey for example, how he was able to fight his opponents and get out of his house. Those things happen in real life.

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: USICILIANU] #773526
04/18/14 01:41 PM
04/18/14 01:41 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: USICILIANU
In real life some killers were even worse than Tony's attempted killers. Think about John Veasey for example, how he was able to fight his opponents and get out of his house. Those things happen in real life.

One of the two civilians that were murdered by Rocco Vitulli and Frank Federico on the orders of Sal Avellino put up a good fight before he was murdered.

So many of these hits are very messy. Probably go down that way more often than not.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: Moe_Tilden] #773534
04/18/14 02:16 PM
04/18/14 02:16 PM
U
USICILIANU Offline
Button
USICILIANU  Offline
U
Button

One of the two civilians that were murdered by Rocco Vitulli and Frank Federico on the orders of Sal Avellino put up a good fight before he was murdered.

So many of these hits are very messy. Probably go down that way more often than not.

Yes people fight for their lives, no wonder it gets messy most of the times.

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #773567
04/19/14 12:23 AM
04/19/14 12:23 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

One scene that annoys me is below, The waiter scene where he gets angry as he didn't receive a big enough tip. Are people really like this..

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSPgoQ2mdYo[/video]

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #773593
04/19/14 11:46 AM
04/19/14 11:46 AM
N
NinoBrown Offline
Wiseguy
NinoBrown  Offline
N
Wiseguy
Tony getting upset with Chris over stealing some watches from a FedEx truck, but then has no problem murdering Chucky Signore in broad daylight on a freakin' boat.

Last edited by NinoBrown; 04/19/14 03:46 PM.
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #773616
04/19/14 07:47 PM
04/19/14 07:47 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
I don't remember Tony Murdering Chucky Signore on the boat. That is a good place though easy to dispose of the body.

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: thebarber] #773632
04/20/14 03:12 AM
04/20/14 03:12 AM
M
MikeyO Offline
BANNED
MikeyO  Offline
BANNED
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: thebarber

I don't care of artie amd tony went back to the ice ages. You pull a stunt like that on a Boss your done.

I need a fresh cut cuz

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #773809
04/21/14 09:12 PM
04/21/14 09:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

One thing that made even the biggest Sopranos fan (like myself) go "Oh c'mon!" was when Tony told Melfi that mob guys "get a pass" for gay behavior in prison. I don't think so.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #774682
04/28/14 09:03 PM
04/28/14 09:03 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
I still can't get over how they ended the show... with no real ending, how would you guys have wanted it to end? I always thought the show was loosely based on the jersey/philly mob and they simply ran out of new material.. I'm kind of hoping they come out with a movie... I really like that show

Last edited by paprincess; 04/28/14 09:03 PM.
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #774688
04/28/14 11:53 PM
04/28/14 11:53 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Now that James G has passed i can't see there being a movie..

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #774837
04/29/14 08:48 PM
04/29/14 08:48 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
I can't believe I forgot about him passing away.. your right...

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #775191
05/02/14 02:16 AM
05/02/14 02:16 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Chase interview yesterday:

Secrets of ‘The Sopranos’

By Alex Suskind
16 hours ago

The Daily Beast

It’s been seven years since The Sopranos concluded its six-season run on HBO. However, people still can’t come to terms with its lack of finality, this despite creator David Chase’s attempts at explaining otherwise.

At a panel at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York City on Wednesday night, Chase once again found himself in the unenviable position of having to explain why he ended the show the way he did, with the now infamous cut-to-black sequence.

“Well the idea was you get killed in the diner or not killed,” Chase responded, somewhat incredulously, to a fan who was “disappointed” by the ending. “And what’s the idea? You know I am not trying to be coy about this. It’s not trying to guess if he’s alive or dead. That’s not the point for me. I don’t know how to explain this. Actually, here’s what Paulie Walnuts says. In the beginning of that episode he says, ‘In the midst of life, we are in death, or is it, In the midst of death we are in life? Either way we’re up the ass.’ That’s what’s going on there.”

Unfortunately, like any answer Chase gives about Tony’s outcome, it only leads to more questions.

“In your mind, was Tony dead inside?” asked another audience member several minutes after the first finale-related query. “Was the point that it could come at any minute, so whether it happened that day or another day, it doesn’t matter in a sense?”

Another individual was interested in giving his theory about the way Tony, Carmela, and A.J. ate onion rings, and how it was akin to giving their last rights.

Chase: “I don’t know, maybe [Tony] choked on an onion ring.”

Chase has been through this circus before. During the press tour for his 2012 film Not Fade Away, he found himself repeatedly explaining the Sopranos finale to journalists. As he told the AP at the time “There was something else I was saying that was more important than whether Tony Soprano lived or died. About the fragility of all of it. The whole show had been about time in a way, and the time allotted on this Earth.”

Before last night’s event, the museum screened the first and last episodes of the show. Perhaps seeing it again after all these years triggered a Pavlovian response for audience members, particularly those disappointed in what they saw the first time. As the evening wore on, it was hard to tell whether Chase was having fun or ready to punch the next person who asked him another “What happened?” question. Perhaps both? To borrow a line from Tony Soprano, Chase was once again playing the sad clown: happy about the reaction the program had received, sad about people’s insistence on being forced to walk them through the ending over and over again.

“I wanted to create a suspenseful sequence,” he explained to the crowd. “I didn’t want people to be reading into it like The Da Vinci Code or something. I was amazed when it happened. It wasn’t meant to be like ‘Wow the Walrus was Paul.’ It wasn’t meant to confound anybody. It was meant to make you feel.”

“Feel what?” screamed one fan.

“I don’t know, what did you feel?” Chase replied.

“Pissed-off.”

“Well, I am sorry. It’s a pretty potent sequence to me,” he said.

“Don’t be sorry,” another audience member chimed in, a comment that was followed by rapturous applause.

Thankfully, Chase did find time to discuss a few other things besides the ending, like the show’s performances and its overall legacy.

On the late James Gandolfini: “I was floored tonight to see how good he was. I just couldn’t believe it. I mean, look, he was great, I always knew he was great. But tonight it just really hit me how genius that was.”

On being approached for a Sopranos movie: “A lot of people have talked to me about it, and frankly I still flirt with the idea sometimes. But if I had a really great way to do it, I would do maybe a prequel. Somebody gave me a book about Newark in the 1920s about gangsters in Newark. That kind of interests me but not enough that I would have done it.”

On Mad Men: “My personal opinion of Mad Men is I think [Matthew Weiner] has done an amazing thing——without killing people every five minutes. He doesn’t do that. I mean a guy got his foot caught off with a lawnmower.”

On people’s insistence on recapping television shows: “I don’t get it. I don’t know why you would read that stuff. You would just read what you just saw? That’s one thing. And then the picking apart, like, ‘I really love the way Sally Draper walked from the car to the house.’ Alright, she walked from the car to the house…I guarantee you they just tried to get her from the fucking car to the house.”

That last quote is somewhat ironic considering The Sopranos was the one that helped usher in an era of ultra analytical TV watching. After the show’s finale, fans began dissecting all of their favorite programs, piece-by-piece, like Zapruder outtakes. As last night proved, no matter how many questions people ask Chase, no matter how many thoughtful responses he comes up with, people seem content on the mystery rather than the answer.

“You know, I thought I might be asked about this,” Chase said, about the finale. “I will read you Carlos Castaneda. Now I had not read this before I did the finale, but I came across this the other day and this is what I kind of think is going on. It says here, ‘Warriors venture into the unknown out of greed. Greed works only in the world of ordinary affairs. To venture into terrifying loneliness of the unknown, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery. One needs unquenchable curiosity and guts galore.’ That’s what I was feeling when I wrote the ending.”

OK, but is the warrior Tony Soprano? Is it David Chase? Is it the missing Russian Christopher failed to kill in the woods? Like anything Sopranos-related, the quote means whatever you want it to mean.

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: DE NIRO] #775236
05/02/14 08:23 AM
05/02/14 08:23 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO

But still so much unresolved sexual tension between Carm and Furio.

And an avenging AJ and his psychopathic underboss Jason Parisi have to give orders to whack New York.

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #775263
05/02/14 10:42 AM
05/02/14 10:42 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Furio is long gone..

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #775397
05/03/14 08:41 AM
05/03/14 08:41 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Sopranos will be on Amazon prime at the end of the month.

Any one have all the Soprano music. I bough the complete box set. There are three CD in the Box set of all the Soprano Music.

One of the songs is hard if not impossible to find "afffection" by Little Stevie

only the unloved hate
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #777443
05/13/14 02:12 PM
05/13/14 02:12 PM
Philly/delco
D
DelcoNostra Offline
Button
DelcoNostra  Offline
D
Button
Philly/delco
Chris and Paulie killing the waiter was ridiculous. Any half wit detective investigating that case would go right back to whoever the waiters tables were. Vito being in the bakery was just Chase using a fill in actor that he didn't know he would use major later on in my opinion. But again, a teenage bakery worker getting shot in the foot and all we hear is tiny yelling at Chris for it later in the car? Cmon!! And furio almost throwing Tony into the copter blades and Tony believing that furio was just warning him for standing too close? Albeit tony was blotto

"What's a murder?" - Fat Tony
Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: Moe_Tilden] #777538
05/13/14 07:16 PM
05/13/14 07:16 PM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO

But still so much unresolved sexual tension between Carm and Furio.

And an avenging AJ and his psychopathic underboss Jason Parisi have to give orders to whack New York.

What about Tony Soprano's wife and their parish priest? He was just using her for her food though.

Re: total bs stuff in Sopranos [Re: sonytoprano] #777584
05/14/14 05:21 AM
05/14/14 05:21 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
When there was talk about Tonys people killing Carmine the boss of NY.

They said he walks around KingsPlaza in the morning. That is where they were going to kill him.

Why would a boss want to walk around in that shit hole in the morning. When it opened Kings plaza was a white kid punk hangout. Who wants to walk around their back then or now. Now it's a jungle they do flash mob robberies.

Last edited by Footreads; 05/14/14 05:36 AM.

only the unloved hate
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull