GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TheKillingJoke, karenyoung, 1 invisible), 231 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,698
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,225
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,393
Posts1,060,081
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gang Land News excerpt #616708
10/07/11 05:15 AM
10/07/11 05:15 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Feds: Enforcer For Jailed Mob Capo Shook Down Strip Clubs

A reputed mob enforcer with close ties to a jailed-for-life Gambino capo has been hit with racketeering and extortion charges in a pre-cursor to a bigger case involving the systematic shakedowns of strip joints in Queens by two crime families, Gang Land has learned.

Officials are tight-lipped about the ongoing investigation. But the opening salvo was the arrest two weeks ago of mob associate Robert (Cousin Bobby) Napolitano. Napolitano, 51, was charged with extorting untold thousands of dollars from the owner of one strip club from 2005 until this year. The shakedowns were allegedly on behalf of capo Ronald (Ronnie One Arm) Trucchio, who is serving life following convictions in Florida for murder and racketeering.

Napolitano, who has allegedly assaulted his extortion and loansharking victims over the years and threatened “to kill family members,” was added as a defendant in the racketeering case against Trucchio’s son Alphonse and other crew members who were arrested in January on Mafia Takedown Day.

Despite arguments by assistant U.S. attorney John Zach that Napolitano was a violent thug, U.S. Magistrate Judge Frank Maas ordered that the 6-foot-six Napolitano, who has no prior convictions, be released on $2 million bail secured by four financially responsible co-signors and $500,000 in cash.

A few days later, Zach, and co-prosecutors Elie Honig and Daniel Chung charged that Cousin Bobby had violated the conditions of his bail and asked that Naolitano’s bail be revoked. The prosecutors alleged that a confidential informant had told the FBI that Cousin Bobby had purchased “pre-paid cellphones” and summoned two convicted drug dealers to his home “to learn the identities of any persons who have cooperated against him.”

This produced a bit of an embarrassment for the prosecutors and the FBI’s Gambino squad in court on Monday, when Napolitano’s lawyer, Corey Winograd, made mincemeat of their arguments. Not only did his client adamantly deny buying or talking on any cell phones, the lawyer offered to put Napolitano, his wife, and two others on the witness stand to refute the charges that were lodged by an unidentified confidential informant.

In addition, said Winograd, the drug conviction of one frequent visitor to his home, Jason Provenzano, was a “youthful transgression” in 1992 when Provenzano was just 21. Besides, the attorney argued, the feds had interviewed and approved Provenzano, the president of Nutricap Labs, which had $16 million in sales last year and a projected $35 million in sales this year, as a “financially responsible person” to so-sign Napolitano’s $2 million bond.

Provenzano was “not a criminal cohort,” but a “dear friend for over 25 years” who had visited Napolitano several times since his arrest, said Winograd, bringing good cheer along with “many Blu-ray movies” for his client to watch.

It made no sense, the lawyer argued, for the government to approve Provenzano as a co-signor for Napolitano’s bail and then seek to revoke his bail because Provenzano stopped by to cheer him up.

At the end of the day, Judge Maas agreed, and again allowed Cousin Bobby to return home to his wife and four kids to await trial. But he’s far from home free. The government has two cooperating witnesses and an alleged victim or two ready to point a finger at Napolitano, and many tape-recorded conversations he had with Ronnie One Arm that prosecutors say link him to the charged crimes.

And on Mafia Takedown Day, when they arrested his current co-defendants, FBI agents searched his home and recovered $206,000 as well as records that prosecutors say tie Napolitano to racketeering charges going back to 1990.

--------------------------
Also, this little bit...

"I hope she gets crabs."

- Colombo consigliere Richard "Richie Nerves" Fusco about assistant U.S. attorney Elizabeth Geddes

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Gang Land News excerpt [Re: IvyLeague] #616954
10/09/11 06:56 PM
10/09/11 06:56 PM
New Joisy and Naples
Gumad Offline
Button
Gumad  Offline
Button
New Joisy and Naples
What clubs were shaken down in Queens? I probaly worked in some of them...lmao

Touch my stuff.....I kill ya
Re: Gang Land News excerpt [Re: Gumad] #616966
10/09/11 09:46 PM
10/09/11 09:46 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Originally Posted By: Gumad
What clubs were shaken down in Queens? I probaly worked in some of them...lmao

It will likely come out in the indictment.

Strip clubs continue to be a favorite target for mob shake downs and rake offs - the Scores, Forbidden Fruit, VIP, Hustler, and Penthouse strip clubs in New York, the Gold Club in Atlanta, Beamers and Harry O's in Connecticut, the Mardi Gras in Springfield, and the Cadillac Lounge, Satin Dolls, Foxy Lady, Desire, and Cheaters in Providence, etc.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 10/09/11 09:46 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Gang Land News excerpt [Re: IvyLeague] #619401
11/04/11 06:51 AM
11/04/11 06:51 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
is this Napolitano any realtion to Sonny Black?

Re: Gang Land News excerpt [Re: IvyLeague] #619423
11/04/11 02:18 PM
11/04/11 02:18 PM
DJN Offline
Wiseguy
DJN  Offline
Wiseguy
napolitano is a common name

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull