GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 349 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,971
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,352
Posts1,059,072
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? #616701
10/07/11 03:08 AM
10/07/11 03:08 AM
US
H
HermitKermit Offline OP
Made Member
HermitKermit  Offline OP
H
Made Member
US
It seems every board I go or comment section of a website related to organized crime both Italians and Albanians seem to have a beef with each other, why is that?

Also why do Italians hate gypsies so much, what do they do?

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616702
10/07/11 03:30 AM
10/07/11 03:30 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I can't say much on the gypsy thing.

But the Italian/Albanian thing here on the forums goes back at least a few years. There used to be a few Albanian posters who would go from board to board and their agenda was to convince anyone and everyone that Albanian organized crime was taking over the world. They would start thread after thread about this theory or try to steer other threads onto that topic. It sort of being an ethnic pride thing for them, they were relentless and caused a lot of problems. It's died down since then but, every time some newbie brings up the whole Rudaj thing, it can sort of flare back up.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616704
10/07/11 05:00 AM
10/07/11 05:00 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I am Italian, and we Italians do not hate Gypsies, at least without a good reason. My mother was a social worker, and followed the cases of minors Gypsies, who were induced to steal from their families in homes, to beg in the streets and other criminal acts, in Rome had discovered their slums in the middle of a park , that poor Rumanian, (Rumanian, not gypsy) in Naples murdered during a shootout between gangs was a person who earned an honest living sounding in the street with his wife, while the gypsies live in slums, rape, steal,make prostitute their daughters, so it's not without reason that we hate them.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616711
10/07/11 06:09 AM
10/07/11 06:09 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: HermitKermit
It seems every board I go or comment section of a website related to organized crime both Italians and Albanians seem to have a beef with each other, why is that?

I was born in Canada never lived in Italy but what my siblings an cousins say especially the ones who live over there is that every stereo type we have in Canada about Blacks ect being criminals is usually just a stereotype but regarding gypsies the stereotype is true. The vast majority of them are criminals and make a living raping, pillaging and plundering from the local people and you will be very hard pressed to find an honest gypsie who has a real job and goes to work like a normal person. I'm not making this up, just type in "Italian gypsie demographic" and you will see the stats"

The Albanians have some ruthless gangsters know doubt. Most 3rd world countries produce people who don't value human life so highly but Albania has about 4 million people in it's entire country. Italy has about 60 million so the numbers alone make it obvious Albanians will never surpass Italians as dominant gansters, nor doctors, nor construction workers nor anything hence the beef. Unfortunately the Albians on some of the boards idolize gangsters.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 10/07/11 08:33 AM.
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616717
10/07/11 07:38 AM
10/07/11 07:38 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
A friend of mine's uncle passed away in Italy. His will is being contested by his Albanian maid who claims she has the real will and that the uncle left everything to her. I know this doesn't answer the question totally, but if this is how Albanians are acting in Italy, I could see the beef.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616755
10/07/11 12:38 PM
10/07/11 12:38 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
In the Bronx's Little Italy every single Albanian act as a big time mafioso and some even say they are Italians...then once you speak to them in Italian they freeze, smile and say "Noo, I'm Albanaian man...".

Yeah, jhonnyrebel went nuts on streetsgangs.
He even dared saying that the Albos were the #1 group in Italy.
You kidding me???

Rudaj here, Rudaj there. C'mon...
Only a jounalist could fall for that.

I think that's because they are the "new Russians". Remember when (in the eary-mid-late '90s) EVERYONE was calling the LCN dead because of the Ruskies? LCN's still here and they are doing the same thing all over again.

As for the gypsys. 100% true. It's not about racism, is about reality.

From Milan to Rome, from Padua to Naples, the ethnic-gypsies live in slums, even not far from touristy places (like the Rome park Furio mentioned.)

My mom's from Northern Italy, and they are a big issue over there: every big city, Milano, Torino, Brescia, Bergamo, Verona, Padova, Vicenza, Mantova, Cremona, have gypsy slums (Italians call them "campi rom" literally "Roma camps").

In Sicily, where my dad's folks are from, they are not that big...'cos they don't wanna mess with the wrong guy or the wrong family...to later find out that they are connected.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #616756
10/07/11 12:51 PM
10/07/11 12:51 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The Albanians have never mounted a real threat to the Italians here in New York. It's very telling that the entire Albanian administration (and I'm using the term administration very liberally here) was taken down with a single indictment.

The rivalry started here in the Bronx in the Belmont-Arthur Avenue section of the borough (where I grew up and still own a residential building). The area was nearly 100 percent Italian from the early 1900s right through the late '70s and early '80s. That's when the Italians really started to assimilate and move to the suburbs (and why shouldn't we?).

Coincidentally, that's when the Albanians arrived in the neighborhood and started occupying 188th and 189th Streets. It became more of a "turf rivalry" than anything else. Had the Italians not been on their way to the suburbs already, the Albanians never would have come close to them in sheer numbers. Bottom line: There are ten times as many Italians in this world as Albanians. That all being said, I have several very good friends who are Albanian, and two Albanian families living in a building that I own on Hoffman Street.

There are very few Italians left in the area known as "Little Italy" today, although the stores and restaurants remain Italian and always will. The irony is that now the Albanians have even started to assimilate and move out to the suburbs. The neighborhood today is heavily Latino, a little Albanian, a little Middle Eastern, a little Black, and a sprinkling of assorted white kids who live off campus from Fordham University.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616759
10/07/11 01:14 PM
10/07/11 01:14 PM
Why youse being so nosy?
P
Palomita20 Offline
Made Member
Palomita20  Offline
P
Made Member
Why youse being so nosy?
Gypsies are human garbage and should've been wiped out long ago. Professional con artists and thieves. Their children are taught how to beg for money at an early age, all to build big mansions in Romania that they never live in, just to show off their wealth. Most of the street mechanics are gypsies and I've been approached by almost a dozen, all Romanian, offering to fix my car on the street. Google them and look up their wikipedia entry. They are taught not to go to school, not to work, and other strange practices. Use a gypsy for target practice, good riddance.

I noticed when I watched the amanda knox trial and some pictures in prison, of her dancing, that she was the only white person in there. Are most people in Italian prisons, africant immigrants?

Most of europe hates Gypsies and they definitely hate all the africans who come into their countries with no money, education, values, and who can blame them. These people are ugly, stupid and criminally oriented and reproduce like cockroaches.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: Palomita20] #616760
10/07/11 01:22 PM
10/07/11 01:22 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Palomita20
Gypsies are human garbage and should've been wiped out long ago. Professional con artists and thieves. Their children are taught how to beg for money at an early age, all to build big mansions in Romania that they never live in, just to show off their wealth. Most of the street mechanics are gypsies and I've been approached by almost a dozen, all Romanian, offering to fix my car on the street. Google them and look up their wikipedia entry. They are taught not to go to school, not to work, and other strange practices. Use a gypsy for target practice, good riddance.

I noticed when I watched the amanda knox trial and some pictures in prison, of her dancing, that she was the only white person in there. Are most people in Italian prisons, africant immigrants?

Most of europe hates Gypsies and they definitely hate all the africans who come into their countries with no money, education, values, and who can blame them. These people are ugly, stupid and criminally oriented and reproduce like cockroaches.

Keep your vile, racist crap off these boards. You won't be told again!

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: IvyLeague] #616778
10/07/11 04:00 PM
10/07/11 04:00 PM
US
H
HermitKermit Offline OP
Made Member
HermitKermit  Offline OP
H
Made Member
US
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I can't say much on the gypsy thing.

But the Italian/Albanian thing here on the forums goes back at least a few years. There used to be a few Albanian posters who would go from board to board and their agenda was to convince anyone and everyone that Albanian organized crime was taking over the world. They would start thread after thread about this theory or try to steer other threads onto that topic. It sort of being an ethnic pride thing for them, they were relentless and caused a lot of problems. It's died down since then but, every time some newbie brings up the whole Rudaj thing, it can sort of flare back up.

It seems like people in Europe discriminate Albanians based on few bad apples(gypsies) just like here in the states discriminate or make bad assumptions about blacks based on the street gangs or Latinos based on illegal immigration etc. I could see why they're so proud of their ethnic background...but it's funny how people glorify criminals.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616782
10/07/11 04:58 PM
10/07/11 04:58 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
hermit, you're wrong, one thing are the Albanians,and Gypsies are other. Albanians since 1991 have landed in Italy, as the Cubans in Mariel Bay, and have become targets of exclusion and discrimination, the gypsies are or from Romania, or from the former Yugoslavia, are two different things.Albanians are,'t gypsies.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616783
10/07/11 05:08 PM
10/07/11 05:08 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
How can a person be so hostile and racist? We all should know better since we share many things on these forums and we have different nationalities.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: Mukremin] #616788
10/07/11 06:07 PM
10/07/11 06:07 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: Mukremin
How can a person be so hostile and racist? We all should know better since we share many things on these forums and we have different nationalities.

I don't agree with the racist post about Africans and I don't condone violence against one even gypsies but we should be able to call a spade a spade and we shouldn't be afraid to speak out against a particular demographic and their crimes and behavior for fear of being branded a "racist".

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616789
10/07/11 06:44 PM
10/07/11 06:44 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HermitKermit

The reason why some Italians have problems with gypsies is because there are a lot of them living in Italy, Spain also. And many of them cause problems and that has nothing to do with racism from my part. It's just the way it is. And I can speak from first hand experience. But I won't go into detail because that obviously isn't allowed..

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: Mussolini14] #616790
10/07/11 06:57 PM
10/07/11 06:57 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
I don't agree with the racist post about Africans and I don't condone violence against one even gypsies but we should be able to call a spade a spade and we shouldn't be afraid to speak out against a particular demographic and their crimes and behavior for fear of being branded a "racist".

Amen to that. Racism is a bad thing and it should be opposed at all costs. But many people tend to overuse the "racism" argument/excuse when a discussion get's too sensitive or difficult for them.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the rules on this board. Just my humble opinion. wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616791
10/07/11 07:43 PM
10/07/11 07:43 PM
B
botz Offline
Underboss
botz  Offline
B
Underboss
the gypsies are called the roma people which come out of india and are part of the indo-aryan tribe. macedonia has alot of them

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: botz] #616800
10/07/11 10:39 PM
10/07/11 10:39 PM
Slapout, Alabama
R
ronnie_little Offline
Made Member
ronnie_little  Offline
R
Made Member
Slapout, Alabama
No gypsies here in Alabama.....

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616820
10/08/11 03:39 AM
10/08/11 03:39 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
damn you guys are racist. if you look up gypsie history you can see that some european countries brought them to this state. they where a little bit like the jews back then.
where i come from we got a lot of gypsie's but there arent any troublemakers they just play music to earn money.

we also have a gypsie problem here(netherlands) but seriously nobody really cares except for a few people who live in the same neighborhoods as them.

and wasnt there a time that italians and other immigrants where hated ?

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616822
10/08/11 04:11 AM
10/08/11 04:11 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
yigido, if I were a jew, will accuse of racism, Gypsies and Jews are not the same thing, until the Jews were, in Italy and in Europe, how could they survive in the ghettos were doing what was forbidden to Christians, as usury but when they came out of the ghettos they integrated, not the gypsies, coming from Naples you can see their slums under the pylons of the motorway, there are some honest and are called''gypsy''Sinti, but I'm not afraid to say that the majority of gypsies are criminals, as to say that it is more likely to commit a crime is a black or a Latino, I'm not afraid of your accusations of racism also because what I say is true.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: SC] #616825
10/08/11 05:24 AM
10/08/11 05:24 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: Palomita20
Gypsies are human garbage and should've been wiped out long ago. Professional con artists and thieves. Their children are taught how to beg for money at an early age, all to build big mansions in Romania that they never live in, just to show off their wealth. Most of the street mechanics are gypsies and I've been approached by almost a dozen, all Romanian, offering to fix my car on the street. Google them and look up their wikipedia entry. They are taught not to go to school, not to work, and other strange practices.

@ SC ..I know this Off Topic but whose the picture of the guy in your avatar?

Use a gypsy for target practice, good riddance.

Keep your vile, racist crap off these boards. You won't be told again!

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #616828
10/08/11 08:08 AM
10/08/11 08:08 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
@ SC ..I know this Off Topic but whose the picture of the guy in your avatar?

Actor Humphrey Bogart.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: yigido] #616838
10/08/11 01:48 PM
10/08/11 01:48 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: yigido
damn you guys are racist. if you look up gypsie history you can see that some european countries brought them to this state. they where a little bit like the jews back then.
where i come from we got a lot of gypsie's but there arent any troublemakers they just play music to earn money.

we also have a gypsie problem here(netherlands) but seriously nobody really cares except for a few people who live in the same neighborhoods as them.

and wasnt there a time that italians and other immigrants where hated ?

How are we being racist? We shouldn't be allowed to voice our concerns over criminal behavior? We should be forced to accept this? Look at the facts before you open your mouth. Yes Italians and most ethnic groups were disliked but Italians and other ethnics didn't actually raise there children to be criminals and encourage them not to get a job or go to school. Gyspies on the other hand do. I am not making this up this is a fact. Do you have elderly family member who live in fear of these people? I didn't think so. Educate yourself before you comment and bring in typical liberalism BS of "Everyone who doesn't love everyone and tolerate a demographic who's main function is a criminal enterprise is a racist". This is the exact mentality that causes violence to occur. Good people are afraid to speak up and voice there concerns because uneducated liberals are so quick to brand everyone as a "racist" and then a breaking point is reached and people react violently.

You're not ignorant you say? What about your comment of "I live in Holland, and we have gypsies but no one here is bothered by them so they must not be a problem in Italy and anyone who actually lives in Italy or has family members in Italy and disagrees with this is just a racist". Doesn't get much more ignorant than that son.

IMO it doesn't matter what race, color or creed someone is but criminal behavior should not be tolerated.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 10/08/11 03:52 PM.
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: yigido] #616848
10/08/11 03:38 PM
10/08/11 03:38 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss

Well, not caring about an issue and leaving those effected alone, doesn't really mean that you don't have a problem, doesn't it?

and wasnt there a time that italians and other immigrants where hated?

Correction: we are still a nation of immigrants (approx. 45.000 a year) and we are still discriminated, especially in Central\Northern Europe and the UK. I know from the few blogs I follow on Italians living abroad...so it's a fact. Sadly.

They only difference is that we don't play the "race card".

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616855
10/08/11 06:20 PM
10/08/11 06:20 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
look what im saying is you guys are calling a whole race a bunch of criminals. thats just wrong and no that isnt even a fact.

and here in holland they are criminals some schools dont even accept gypsie's anymore. they dont work or go to school but that isnt a reason to hate all of them and i aint afraid of them either.

what i dont understand either is how did the gypsies form gangs and get involved in crime in europe. while in the east their heaviest crime might be pickpocketing someone.

but seriously i read somewhere that those people where actually rich until the german states started slaughtering gypsie's.

@mussolini14: i am no uneducated liberal and dont call people uneducated because they have different opinions than you do. and i am no educated liberal either.

wikipedia: When the Romani people arrived in Europe, the initial curiosity of its residents soon changed to hostility against the newcomers. The Romani were enslaved for five centuries in Wallachia and Moldavia, until abolition in 1856.[57]

Elsewhere in Europe, they were subject to ethnic cleansing, abduction of their children, and forced labor. In England, Romani were sometimes hanged or expelled from small communities; in France, they were branded and their heads were shaved; in Moravia and Bohemia, the women were marked by their ears being severed. As a result, large groups of the Romani moved to the East, toward Poland, which was more tolerant, and Russia, where the Romani were treated more fairly as long as they paid the annual taxes.[58]

The arrival of some branches of the Romani people in Western Europe in the 15th century was precipitated by the Ottoman conquest of the Balkans. Although the Romanies themselves were refugees from the conflicts in southeastern Europe, they were mistaken by the local population in the West, because of their foreign appearance, as part of the Ottoman invasion (the German Reichstags at Landau and Freiburg in 1496-1498 declared the Romanies as spies of the Turks). In Western Europe, this resulted in a violent history of persecution and attempts of ethnic cleansing until the modern era. As time passed, other accusations were added against local Romanies (accusations specific to this area, against non-assimilated minorities), like that of bringing the plague, usually sharing their burden together with the local Jews.[75]

In the Habsburg Monarchy under Maria Theresia (1740–1780), a series of decrees tried to force the Romanies to sedentarize, removed rights to horse and wagon ownership (1754), renamed them as "New Citizens" and forced Romani boys into military service if they had no trade (1761), forced them to register with the local authorities (1767), and prohibited marriage between Romanies (1773). Her successor Josef II prohibited the wearing of traditional Romani clothing and the use of the Romani language, punishable by flogging.[77]

In Spain, attempts to assimilate the Gitanos were under way as early as 1619, when Gitanos were forcibly sedentarized, the use of the Romani language was prohibited, Gitano men and women were sent to separate workhouses and their children sent to orphanages. Similar prohibitions took place in 1783 under King Charles III, who prohibited the nomadic lifestyle, the use of the Calo language, Romani clothing, their trade in horses and other itinerant trades. The use of the word gitano was also forbidden to further assimilation. Ultimately these measures failed, as the rest of the population rejected the integration of the Gitanos.[77][78]

Other examples of forced assimilation include Norway, where a law was passed in 1896 permitting the state to remove children from their parents and place them in state institutions.[79] This resulted in some 1,500 Romani children being taken from their parents in the 20th century.[80]

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616856
10/08/11 06:32 PM
10/08/11 06:32 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Speaking only on Italy with regard to the gypsies: Sicilian people have been raped and robbed by every country since the beginning of time; which incidentally, is how the mafia was born. Sicilians have long memories. So, in that sense alone, they're not going to tolerate these criminals coming into their country. And yes, all Romas have been classified as criminals, whether they are or not. They REFUSE to assimilate themselves into the culture and that's their biggest downfall. Simple as that.

This all started with that video Furio posted. I said, 'one less gypsy, nobody will lose sleep over it.'. And nobody has. People in Italy are of the mindset: if it doesn't concern me or my family, I ain't interested and don't come to me with it.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: yigido] #616859
10/08/11 06:34 PM
10/08/11 06:34 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
look what im saying is you guys are calling a whole race a bunch of criminals. thats just wrong and no that isnt even a fact.

And I agree 100%. That is the position of these boards, so don't argue whether or not it's right for here.

Nobody is saying you cannot discuss racism here. Some of the comments posted above are indeed thought-provoking BUT some are also out and out racism at its worst. My warning was to Palomita20 and to his/her disgusting racist comments. The first sentence in that message set the tone of the post and it went downhill from there. Vile prejudice like that will not be tolerated here.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: yigido] #616865
10/08/11 08:06 PM
10/08/11 08:06 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

and here in holland they are criminals some schools dont even accept gypsie's anymore. they dont work or go to school but that isnt a reason to hate all of them and i aint afraid of them either.

what i dont understand either is how did the gypsies form gangs and get involved in crime in europe. while in the east their heaviest crime might be pickpocketing someone.

but seriously i read somewhere that those people where actually rich until the german states started slaughtering gypsie's.

@mussolini14: i am no uneducated liberal and dont call people uneducated because they have different opinions than you do. and i am no educated liberal either.

wikipedia: When the Romani people arrived in Europe, the initial curiosity of its residents soon changed to hostility against the newcomers. The Romani were enslaved for five centuries in Wallachia and Moldavia, until abolition in 1856.[57]

Elsewhere in Europe, they were subject to ethnic cleansing, abduction of their children, and forced labor. In England, Romani were sometimes hanged or expelled from small communities; in France, they were branded and their heads were shaved; in Moravia and Bohemia, the women were marked by their ears being severed. As a result, large groups of the Romani moved to the East, toward Poland, which was more tolerant, and Russia, where the Romani were treated more fairly as long as they paid the annual taxes.[58]

The arrival of some branches of the Romani people in Western Europe in the 15th century was precipitated by the Ottoman conquest of the Balkans. Although the Romanies themselves were refugees from the conflicts in southeastern Europe, they were mistaken by the local population in the West, because of their foreign appearance, as part of the Ottoman invasion (the German Reichstags at Landau and Freiburg in 1496-1498 declared the Romanies as spies of the Turks). In Western Europe, this resulted in a violent history of persecution and attempts of ethnic cleansing until the modern era. As time passed, other accusations were added against local Romanies (accusations specific to this area, against non-assimilated minorities), like that of bringing the plague, usually sharing their burden together with the local Jews.[75]

In the Habsburg Monarchy under Maria Theresia (1740–1780), a series of decrees tried to force the Romanies to sedentarize, removed rights to horse and wagon ownership (1754), renamed them as "New Citizens" and forced Romani boys into military service if they had no trade (1761), forced them to register with the local authorities (1767), and prohibited marriage between Romanies (1773). Her successor Josef II prohibited the wearing of traditional Romani clothing and the use of the Romani language, punishable by flogging.[77]

In Spain, attempts to assimilate the Gitanos were under way as early as 1619, when Gitanos were forcibly sedentarized, the use of the Romani language was prohibited, Gitano men and women were sent to separate workhouses and their children sent to orphanages. Similar prohibitions took place in 1783 under King Charles III, who prohibited the nomadic lifestyle, the use of the Calo language, Romani clothing, their trade in horses and other itinerant trades. The use of the word gitano was also forbidden to further assimilation. Ultimately these measures failed, as the rest of the population rejected the integration of the Gitanos.[77][78]

Other examples of forced assimilation include Norway, where a law was passed in 1896 permitting the state to remove children from their parents and place them in state institutions.[79] This resulted in some 1,500 Romani children being taken from their parents in the 20th century.[80]

I didn't mean you had no formal education but rather you lack info on the Italian gypsie problem because the only knowledge you have comes from your experience with gypsies in Holland. Then the first thing you say is "you guys are racist" when there was only 1 posts that was and you had you used the plural form of guyS which implies more than one of us was racist. IMO before you use that term you better have some good info and not just be basing it on your experience in a different country.

Wiki is often inaccurate, you know this. Anyone can post anything they want on there. Type in "Italian Gyspie" problem and check out the stats of the Italian Government has on Gyspies and crime. We are not talking about Romanian immigrants we are talking about Romanian Gypsies. There is a big difference.

You don't know how they formed criminal gangs? How about they raise their children to be professional criminals and encourage them not to work or go to school. Joining a gang would come naturally to someone with that type of upbringing.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 10/08/11 08:09 PM.
Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: SC] #616866
10/08/11 08:28 PM
10/08/11 08:28 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: SC

And I agree 100%. That is the position of these boards, so don't argue whether or not it's right for here.

Nobody is saying you cannot discuss racism here. Some of the comments posted above are indeed thought-provoking BUT some are also out and out racism at its worst. My warning was to Palomita20 and to his/her disgusting racist comments. The first sentence in that message set the tone of the post and it went downhill from there. Vile prejudice like that will not be tolerated here.

I certainly agree and was worried you thought I was being racist as that was not my intention at all. I don't like violent groups who prey on honest folks regardless of their race, color or creed and wouldn't condone violence against them but believe they should be imprisoned or deported.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: Mussolini14] #616892
10/09/11 04:54 AM
10/09/11 04:54 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14

I didn't mean you had no formal education but rather you lack info on the Italian gypsie problem because the only knowledge you have comes from your experience with gypsies in Holland. Then the first thing you say is "you guys are racist" when there was only 1 posts that was and you had you used the plural form of guyS which implies more than one of us was racist. IMO before you use that term you better have some good info and not just be basing it on your experience in a different country.

Wiki is often inaccurate, you know this. Anyone can post anything they want on there. Type in "Italian Gyspie" problem and check out the stats of the Italian Government has on Gyspies and crime. We are not talking about Romanian immigrants we are talking about Romanian Gypsies. There is a big difference.

You don't know how they formed criminal gangs? How about they raise their children to be professional criminals and encourage them not to work or go to school. Joining a gang would come naturally to someone with that type of upbringing.
well i guess youre right my apologies. gypsie's here are relatively low in population or else we would have the same problems as you guys have. here they are only in a few neighborhoods. and yes everyone hates them there and wants to get them out. and when i said no one actually cares im reffering to people who live outside those neigborhoods.

most of those troublemakers are called turks or moroccans because they cant tell the difference only when they get caught or when people live with them they know they are gypsie's and not any other immigrant. and seriously i have seen this happening that people mistake them for turks or moroccans. and also i didnt have any troubles with them yet but in my old neighborhood they shot 2 gang leaders down because they where acting like cowboys.

Re: What's up with Italian and Albanian beef? [Re: HermitKermit] #616898
10/09/11 07:17 AM
10/09/11 07:17 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
FWIW, I totally agree with Yigido, and dont think he should feel like he has to apologise at all. It's not "liberal" stance, its not a "bleeding heart" stance, it DECENT HUMAN BEING stance. You dont write off an entire race for the criminality of a part.

Ive read this thread a bunch of times, and every time I start typing a reply then think "You know what? I dont want to get involved." But this is too much.

Ive spent time in Southern Spain and read up on a lot of things, but its always a "friend of a friend" story. Ive listened to old Italian guys rail at the "bloody gypsies", full of a million dastardly stories, but when you press them for stuff thats actually happened to them, they basically all (well the two old Southern Italian gentleman in question)admit that actually, besides one time they gave some gypsy a few lira, they'd actually had nothing to do with at all with Gypsies in general, besides knowing a couple of boys from a Gypsy family that YES actually lived in a house and YES actually had a dad who worked for a living and YES they had a crush on their hot, older gypsy sister.

Basically, they admitted that they'd pretty much just inherited their prejudices. From parents that inherited theirs against a people that "did things different". Its bullshit.

Im definitely not saying there's not a high prevelance of crime. Hell, in Andalucia I bought my drugs of an old Gypsy woman who had her extended family about her pretty much 24/7. A pretty Gypsy girl once smiled and gave me a beautiful rose in Seville. I smiled graciously and thanked her in my broken Spanish as she smiled back. As I started walking on, a heavy hand fell on my shoulder and I turned to be facing a large, hairy guy who angrily demanding something or other (I gathered that much) Luckily my Spanish grandfather was on scene to flip the guy a $2 coin (well, euro coin) and tell him to bugger off and stop trying to scam his yokel tourist grandson with his sexy daughter. On the beach at Cadiz, a Gypsy looking guy had a bunch on stuff on a beach towel for sale. I bought a shitty pair of headphones off him for three euro. They lasted 2 days.

Whoa. These guys are frickin criminal masterminds.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 10/09/11 07:42 AM.

(cough.)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull