GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 408 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,888
Members10,349
Most Online992
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
michael franzese's relationship with father sonny #615897
09/27/11 11:30 PM
09/27/11 11:30 PM
B
botz Offline OP
Underboss
botz  Offline OP
B
Underboss
how is michael and sonny getting along, michael is now a born again christian preacher that quit the mob and sonny is in his late 90's still in prison. Do they both get along as of today or does sonny hate his son michael for what he did?

Last edited by botz; 09/27/11 11:42 PM.
Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: botz] #615898
09/27/11 11:43 PM
09/27/11 11:43 PM
L
Lenin_and_McCarthy Offline
Capo
Lenin_and_McCarthy  Offline
L
Capo
I was under the impression Michael was still helping his father with legal fees, so that's okay.

But I was thinking of John Jr...

http://www.dailynews.com/crime/ci_17090215
Quote:
At trial last summer, prosecutors used John Franzese Jr., a former Colombo associate-turned-paid informant, to help convince jurors that his father's frail appearance was deceiving. The defendant, who used a wheelchair in court, briefly dozed off when his son began testifying.

"I'm not talking about my father as a man," Franzese Jr. testified. "I'm talking about the life he chose. ... This life absorbs you. You only see one way."

Junior testified that he tried to follow in the footsteps of his father, who used him to pass messages to other mobsters. But after developing a crack cocaine addiction, he wanted "to make up for what I had done in my life" by becoming a government cooperator.

I don't know what to make of this.

Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: botz] #615905
09/28/11 12:43 AM
09/28/11 12:43 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Some guys dont seem to want to put Mikey in that "rat" category, claiming nobody related to him ever did any time following his co-operation, and that he supposedly kept in contact with his father, helping with fee's like L & M mentioned and such.

But look at it. He's a rat, no-doubt. On top of that, one of those rats that cant seem to leave the life alone, building a cottage-industry around his books and media "appearances" (except that, like his recent warning to the sports industry, you cant help but think he's making them to whomever will listen)

You know who I feel sorry for? John Jr. Poor guy has AIDS. The social stigma is bad enough, can you imagine not only having it, but having it as the son of a guy like Sonny Franzese? People write him off as a hopeless drug addict, and in the shadow of his brother Mike...he unfortunately seems as much) Sure he only flipped in 2001, as opposed to Mike's '93, but, beyond continued testimony and an 80 (what? Only 80?) page book, you dont see John Jr mugging for the limelight. Sure cuz he's probably dieing if AIDS, but still.

(cough.)
Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: botz] #616164
09/30/11 05:59 PM
09/30/11 05:59 PM
L
Capo
L
Capo
The funny thing is Michael spoke out against him too.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-06-16/news/27067178_1_prodigal-son-gangster-defense-lawyers

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brook...L#ixzz1ZTXLc13m

Quote:
"It was all for the money," Michael Franzese said outside court. "I hope he finds peace somewhere."

Quote:
"I don't agree with anything he's doing," said Michael. "The family is taking it very hard."

BTW, where did you get the 2001 date or the 80 page book? That NYDN article pins it at 2004 and says he cancelled his memoirs when he went into witness protection.

Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: botz] #616728
10/07/11 08:39 AM
10/07/11 08:39 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Wow, "Sonny" has to be the most stand-up guy I have ever read about. It amazes me that there are still some old guard left and my hat's off to him. Can't believe his own family turned him in. Reminds me of that Soprano's episode when Tony says, "Family is the only thing you can count on." Guess not...

Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: botz] #617238
10/11/11 06:03 PM
10/11/11 06:03 PM
L
Capo
L
Capo
Hang on...someone's been cleaning up Michael's Wikipedia article, and they dug up this.

Quote:

Then, in 1989, he obtained an early release from prison after serving three years of his sentence. He admitted being a captain in the Colombo crime family, agreed to cooperate with the authorities and testified in a few cases. But he failed to pay any of the $14 million.

[...]

Later, outside court, Mr. McCann said that as a result of the recent frauds, Mr. Franzese was no longer considered to be cooperating and was "not a Federal witness." Mr. McCann said the Government would seek to seize any income Mr. Franzese might receive from his book, movie or other interests.

Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: botz] #617263
10/11/11 10:46 PM
10/11/11 10:46 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
It was a 80 page book proposed recently. As for the 01 date, I had thought that Sonny's parole violation around that time was later known to have been obtained through information furnished by John Jr. You're right though in that he didn't officially flip until 04 according to most sources.

(cough.)
Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: botz] #617267
10/11/11 11:39 PM
10/11/11 11:39 PM
Fester Offline
Associate
Fester  Offline
Associate
Thats a nice photo of Sonny and his second rat son John.
For a junkie the guy looks like he's in pretty good shape.
I saw a few pictures of him on the show "i married a mobster"
and the guy looked pretty pumped up. Probably on the roids.

Last edited by Fester; 10/11/11 11:41 PM.
Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #617272
10/12/11 12:52 AM
10/12/11 12:52 AM
Fester Offline
Associate
Fester  Offline
Associate
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

You know who I feel sorry for? John Jr. Poor guy has AIDS. The social stigma is bad enough, can you imagine not only having it, but having it as the son of a guy like Sonny Franzese?

Please excuse my language but fuck that piece of shit. Ratting
on his own father and if that isn't bad enough he told his brother
Mike that even after he found out he was HIV positive
he went around screwing as many woman as he could and never
wore a rubber or bothered to tell the women he was HIV
positive. That came out when he was on the stand testifying
against his own father. If anyone deserves to get aids it's
that P.O.S!

He looks pretty healthy for someone with AIDS which makes me
think he might be HIV positive but not have full blown aids.
Too bad. These days people live a long time as long as they
take their daily cocktail of AIDs meds. Look at Magic Johnson.

Re: michael franzese's relationship with father sonny [Re: botz] #617283
10/12/11 04:37 AM
10/12/11 04:37 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Yeah I hear what you're saying. "A rat is a rat is a rat. IS A RAT". Even so, John Jr definitely got the short end of the stick. Much more then his brother Mike, he strikes me as a guy that really wasn't suited to it all. He never really made a go of it, he was never really known for anyhting beyond riding his old mans coat-tails in that world. Sure he was a nobody. Regarding the claims that he fucked around knowing full well he had AIDS, we only have Mike to back that up. Not exactly the most unbiased opinion , considering he's made a cottage industry out of decrying his family and its ways.

Dont get it fucked up, in reality I don't give a shit about Franzese Jr, his AIDS or his fucked up life. But fuck LCN more. Fuck that guy shaking down some other guy. Imagine if that other guy was your father. The sooner it becomes an anachronism, the easier it'll be for guy's like us to get our head's around the whole phenomenon. I'd pray for a million more John Jr's, if it means I'll learn that much more about LCN.

Ah whatever. i've caught shit for this view before. And Im not saying that ratting is some kind of automatic redemption for the crimes. But its basically the only way to deal with this sort, to turn them against one another.

Thread drift. In any case, having recently watched the Franzese eisode of "I Married A Mobster" with the knowledge of his latter day "[book/movie] interests"...he seems to be angling towards a media profile more similar to his brothers then I first thought.

Nuttin for none he does indeed seem pretty healthy for a guy suffereing AIDS for the last decade. The Feds seem to have provided a decent level of care, no doubt.

(cough.)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull