GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 347 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Providence LCN Arrests #615496
09/23/11 07:46 PM
09/23/11 07:46 PM
Mooney Offline OP
Capo
Mooney  Offline OP
Capo

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615504
09/23/11 10:57 PM
09/23/11 10:57 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Thank you for sharing.

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615505
09/23/11 11:05 PM
09/23/11 11:05 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Eddie Lato and Chippy Schivola taken down for now.

(cough.)
Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615525
09/24/11 03:48 AM
09/24/11 03:48 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Alleged Mafia members charged with collecting $2m from Providence strip clubs
By John R. Ellement, Globe Staff
09/23/2011

Federal prosecutors today charged three alleged members of the New England Mafia and three associates with extorting money from Rhode Island’s adult entertainment industry since the 1980s, a racketeering scheme that netted its members some $2 million.

In a seven-count indictment unsealed in Providence today, federal authorities also indicate that the leadership of the Mafia in New England has shifted back to Boston after being under the control of Providence-based mobsters for the past several years.

In one portion of the 22-page document, alleged Mafia capo Edward (Eddie) Lato is quoted as saying that every time he meets with an unidentified Mafia figure in Boston, it is clear that the man is under surveillance by law enforcement.

“Every time I leave there’s someone looking at me…there’s a guy on the corner every (expletive) time,’’ the 64-year-old Lato said, according to the indictment. “They’re following him…I mean…not that they’re not suppose (sic) to follow him, he’s the (expletive) boss.’’

Rhode Island US Attorney Peter Neronha said in a telephone interview today that he would not identify who the current leaders of the New England La Costa Nostra.

“The government views this is as a major step forward in eradicating the NELCN,’’ Neronha said of the Rhode Island crackdown in a telephone interview. “There is no question when charges are brought against seven individuals that are among the leaders of the NELCN – that’s a significant step.’’

In the indictment, prosecutors said that Rhode Island mobster Luigi (Baby Shacks) Manocchio, who is 84 years old, was the leader of the New England Mafia until he stepped down in 2009.

Last year, Carmen DiNunzio, who led the Boston Mafia, was imprisoned after he plead guilty to delivering a $10,000 bribe to an undercover FBI agent. DiNunzio operated a cheese store in Boston’s North End on Endicott Street.

Lato, according to the new charges against him, allegedly met with a “high ranking’’ Mafia member on May 5, 2011, at the intersections of Endicott and Thatcher streets in Boston. The FBI searched the Boston Mafia associate after the meeting ended and seized $5,000 in cash.

According to the document, Lato told an associate a week later that the $5,000 included money he had extorted from Rhode Island nightclubs.

No one from Massachusetts was named in today’s indictment.

In addition to the charges against Lato, also indicted today was Manocchio, and alleged Mafia member 70-year-old Alfred (Chippy) Scivola, who has already pleaded guilty to earlier racketeering charges.

Manocchio is accused of masterminding the scheme that relied on the threat of force to extort as much as $6,000 a month from each club, payments made by the owners for years, authorities allege. The clubs were identified in court papers as the Satin Doll, the Cadillac Lounge and the Foxy Lady.

Manocchio’s illegal control over the Cadillac Lounge included forcing the owners to hire his hand-picked allies to manage the books or to work as bouncers, authorities allege.

Also charged were alleged Mafia associates Thomas (Tommy) Iafrate, Richard Bonafiglia, Theodore (Teddy) Cardillo and 47-year-old Raymond (Scarface) Jenkins.

Lato is charged with racketeering conspiracy, two counts of extortion conspiracy and two counts of travel in aid of racketeering. Scivola is charged with racketeering conspiracy and extortion conspiracy. Jenkins is charged with extortion conspiracy and extortion.

A seventh man, alleged Mob associate 53-year-old Albino (Albi) Folcarelli, allegedly joined Jenkins and Lato in a separate conspiracy to extort $25,000 in cash from a man known only as “Person A.’’

All seven are in federal custody.

Assistant Attorney General Lanny Brauer of the Department of Justice said the prosecution in Rhode Island -- and the prosecution of organized crime figures around the country -- are a clear sign that the federal government is on the move.

“We are just not going away,’’ he said in a telephone interview.

The investigation was conducted by a task force composed of federal and state law enforcement agencies and the Providence police, officials said.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2...96dN/index.html

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615526
09/24/11 03:49 AM
09/24/11 03:49 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Here's the indictment. Obviously a superseding indictment from the one in January.

http://media2.wpri.com/_local/pdf_files/LCN-superseding-indictment.pdf

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615535
09/24/11 08:19 AM
09/24/11 08:19 AM
Boston
sittite Offline
Capo
sittite  Offline
Capo
Boston
...and no deluca???

"Whackin' the boss....another thing I get left out of."
Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615768
09/26/11 06:25 PM
09/26/11 06:25 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Feds: 'Made' men to testify in mob case
Prosecutors don't name who allegedly flipped
September 26, 2011

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - A court filing reveals federal prosecutors say they have "made" members of the New England mob willing to testify against other alleged wiseguys.

The details came to light in a motion filed in U.S. District Court in which prosecutors asked a judge to keep reputed capo regime Edward "Eddie" Lato behind bars.

"During the course of this investigation, the FBI has developed additional witnesses, including formally initiated or ‘made’ members of the [New England La Cosa Nostra], who will testify that the NELCN exists and further testify about the activities of its members," Assistant U.S. Attorney William Ferland and U.S. Justice Department trial attorney Sam Nazzaro wrote in the filing.

"These witnesses will testify to the secret initiation ceremony at which newly inducted members of the LCN swear a blood oath of loyalty to enforce 'omerta,' the code of silence," they wrote.

As Target 12 first reported, Lato, 64, of Johnston, and Alfred "Chippy" Scivola, an alleged member of the Patriarca crime family, were arrested Friday and charged with shaking down Rhode Island strip clubs for protection money.

Also arrested were reputed mob associates Raymond "Scarface" Jenkins and Albino Folcarelli. All four are being held at the Wyatt Detention Center in Central Falls pending a detention hearing later this week.

Details of the superseding indictment were released last week in a case that has already busted the reputed former boss of the New England crime family, Luigi "Baby Shacks" Manocchio.

As Target 12 reported earlier this year, admitted Mafia captain Anthony "The Saint" St. Laurent agreed to identify Manocchio as the former boss and admit to the existence of the New England mob. Those pledges were made in a plea agreement he signed with the U.S. Attorney’s office.

St. Laurent was sentenced last week to serve seven years in a federal prison for a separate extortion case.

The detention filing in Lato's case states there is more than one member of the crime family willing to testify.

At a news confernce last week, U.S. Attorney for Rhode Island Peter Neronha was asked if others including Robert "Bobby" DeLuca - a reputed high-ranking member of the New England mob - were cooperating with the government. He said he would no comment on anyone not named in the indictment.

Manocchio has pleaded not guilty to the charges and is being held without bail.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/target_12/inside_mafia/feds-made-men-to-testify-in-mob-case

Court Filing -

http://media2.wpri.com/_local/pdf_files/detention_lato_filing.pdf

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615772
09/26/11 06:48 PM
09/26/11 06:48 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
maybe the other rat is deluca.....

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615785
09/26/11 09:34 PM
09/26/11 09:34 PM
Boston
sittite Offline
Capo
sittite  Offline
Capo
Boston
Beginning of the end...

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615787
09/26/11 10:23 PM
09/26/11 10:23 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
At this point I wouldn't be surprised either way; that is, DeLuca being a rat or not. Perhaps Vinny just jumped to conclusions? Or I'll have to eat my words and he was spot on with the info, before it was even "official"?

(cough.)
Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615793
09/26/11 11:13 PM
09/26/11 11:13 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
vinny needs to explain himself

as far as im concerned his credibility (whatever is left of it) is severely in question with him going on the lam from the forum

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615812
09/27/11 03:20 AM
09/27/11 03:20 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Wowwowow...this is getting confusing.

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Dapper_Don] #615827
09/27/11 08:58 AM
09/27/11 08:58 AM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
vinny needs to explain himself

as far as im concerned his credibility (whatever is left of it) is severely in question with him going on the lam from the forum

I tend to believe that Vinny may have drawn to much attention to himself because of the Howie Carr article and he may have been given a 'cease and desist' order from some of the people that he got his info from. In the best interests of his health, I don't think he needs to explain anything further. That being said, he was right about Rossetti and I think he's right about DeLuca. I wouldn't question his credibility until this whole thing plays out We'll find out in the next little while.

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615832
09/27/11 11:16 AM
09/27/11 11:16 AM
Why youse being so nosy?
P
Palomita20 Offline
Made Member
Palomita20  Offline
P
Made Member
Why youse being so nosy?
Vinny was dumb to post any stuff about these guys to begin with. Showing off to an internet forum is probably not a good reason to be airing other people's business in a public arena.

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #615877
09/27/11 06:05 PM
09/27/11 06:05 PM
Boston
sittite Offline
Capo
sittite  Offline
Capo
Boston
Why does he need to explain himself? How has his credibility been brought into question? Seems pretty obvious why he shut up.....

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #616195
10/01/11 05:45 AM
10/01/11 05:45 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia

(cough.)
Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #635217
02/16/12 02:55 PM
02/16/12 02:55 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ex-mob boss Manocchio, 4 others agree to plead guilty to federal charges
By W. Zachary Malinowski
February 16, 2012

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Luigi "Baby Shacks'' Manocchio, the former head of the New England mob, and four other Rhode Islanders with underworld ties have agreed to plead guilty to federal criminal charges that will keep them in prison for several years.

Manocchio, 84, of Providence, and two other made members of the mob, Edward C. Lato, 64, and Alfred "Chippy'' Scivola Jr., 70, signed plea agreements admitting that they are guilty of racketeering conspiracy.

Two mob associates, Richard Bonafiglia, 59, and Raymond "Scarface'' Jenkins, 47, also signed plea agreements. Bonafiglia admitted guilt to racketeering conspiracy, while Jenkins has agreed to plead guilty to extortion conspiracy.

As a result of the pleas, which were filed Thursday in U.S. District Court, Manocchio, Lato, Scivola, Bonafiglia and Jenkins will not stand trial this spring for their roles in the racketeering/extortion ring that involved collecting extortion payments from several strip clubs in the Providence metropolitan area. The payments go back to the early 1990s and prosecutors say they exceeded $800,000.

In January 2011, Manocchio and Thomas Iafrate were indicted on charges that they collected thousands of dollars in monthly extortion payments from the Cadillac Lounge and Satin Doll strip clubs. Iafrate pleaded guilty to felony charges and has been sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison.

Last September, Lato, a capo regime in New England La Cosa Nostra; Scivola, Jenkins and Albino "Albie'' Folcarelli, another mob associate, were indicted on charges of racketeering, racketeering conspiracy and extortion conspiracy.

Manocchio and the other four defendants, who have been held without bail, will appear in court in the coming weeks to formally plead guilty to the charges.

Folcarelli and Theodore Cardillo, another mob associate indicted in the ring, have pleaded not guilty to the charges and are awaiting trial.

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2012/02/ex-mob-boss-man.html

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #635286
02/16/12 09:57 PM
02/16/12 09:57 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
i wonder how he got that nickname scarface?

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #635289
02/16/12 10:22 PM
02/16/12 10:22 PM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
I know that fairly recently there was a power shift for the New England mob with the boss now being here in Boston instead of Providence, so it doesn't surprise me that they're having problems in Rhode Island. Certainly isn't what it once was though that's for sure.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #635298
02/16/12 11:38 PM
02/16/12 11:38 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
This is all funny to me ! How people in this here USA can think of the so called MOB, La Costra Nostra, so wrong when we have politian's that play the fucken games and such ???????? With our MONEY that we try and make and THESE MF'S ARE LEGITMENT ! YA RIGHT!

GRAB YOUR BALLS ! AND START PRAYEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I DON'T MEAN IN ONLY THIS COUNTRY BUT ALL !!!!

CAPISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: New Providence LCN Arrests [Re: Mooney] #635479
02/18/12 07:09 PM
02/18/12 07:09 PM
J
Joseph_jr_russo Offline
Wiseguy
Joseph_jr_russo  Offline
J
Wiseguy
I don't think it's deluca i think it's rosetti and a possible couple others I mean if ur Bobby u going wait until u do 12 and then fold I mean o don't think so hid mentor salemme might've ratted but he also ran with Gerard ouimette a feared killer doing life right now so I think deluca is ok

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull