GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (The_Marble_Guy, mike68, 1 invisible), 269 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,689
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mob snitch was murdering while informing for FBI #615116
09/20/11 01:06 PM
09/20/11 01:06 PM
G
GerryLang Offline OP
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Quote:
Colombo crime fam hit man 'Frankie Blue Eyes' Sparaco lied and killed while FBI informant

The murderous gangster nicknamed "Grim Reaper" wasn't the only federal informant committing murder at the same time he was working for the FBI during a mob war two decades ago.

In a blockbuster disclosure, prosecutors revealed there was a second mobster besides Colombo capo Greg Scarpa who lied and killed while he was also snitching.

Colombo hit man Frank (Frankie Blue Eyes) Sparaco was involved in at least three gangland slayings in the early 1990s while he was an informant, court papers filed in Brooklyn Federal Court say.

Prosecutors disclosed the secret because lawyers for Colombo crime boss Thomas (Tommy Shots) Gioeli and soldier Dino (Little Dino) Saracino were mulling over spilling the secret at their upcoming trial, Assistant U.S. Attorney Elizabeth Geddes stated in court papers.

Gioeil and Saracino go on trial next month for multiple murders and appear to be weighing the same defense that worked for a bunch of Colombos in the late 1990s - that rogue G-man Lindley DeVecchio's cozy relationship with Scarpa crossed the line into a criminal conspiracy to eliminate his informant's rivals.

The feds acknowledged Sparaco and Scarpa "lied" and "misrepresented" to the FBI their involvement in murders during the Colombo civil war. Sparaco lied about his role in the 1992 murders of Michael Imbergamo and bystander John Minerva. He is also implicated in the 1992 brutal whacking of Michael Devine, who was dating the estranged wife of Alphonse (Allie Boy) Persico, who is the son of the crime family's official boss.

FBI spokesman James Margolin declined to comment.

Federal Judge Brian Cogan will have to decide whether it is a proper defense to muddy the waters of the current case, which is replete with new cooperating witnesses, with allegations about Scarpa's unholy alliance with the FBI in the past.

DeVecchio's lawyer Douglas Grover said he had never heard of Sparaco but his dirty dealings with the feds "underscores the difficulty of using informants who are involved in very significant criminal activity."

This is incredible, nearly every murder committed during the second Colombo war was done by someone on the FBI's payroll, and the Sparaco info is just coming out! I don't know much about Sparaco, but I've heard his name mentioned in a book or two I think. Wasn't he already in prison doing a relatively long sentence when he flipped like a year ago? That in itself is strange for an informant.This another bizarre development in the Colombo war. All those convicted during the Colombo war should have their cases reviewed because the level FBI corruption that was going on.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime...l#ixzz1YVqPtr1R

Re: Mob snitch was murdering while informing for FBI [Re: GerryLang] #615159
09/20/11 08:01 PM
09/20/11 08:01 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
I just caught this. Amazing. Like the Scarpa revelations weren't bad enough.

Only last year, Capeci himself referred to Sparaco as "newly arrived (flipped)", I think around February. But obviously this new info shows that as far back as the early 90's at least, he was secretly cooperating.

I dont understand exactly how the lawyers for Tommy Shots and Dino Saracino had found out the fact, since it was apparently released to pre-empt any attempts to use it in defense.

In all honesty, its actually a pretty good contingency plan for those mobsters with only true loyalty to themselves. Forge a relationship with the FBI relatively early on in your career, and when you get jammed up enough fall back on it as your get-out-of-jail-free card. One has to wonder how many other mobsters a currently secretly cooperating, and when/if it'll come out.

Like Ray Curto and Eugene Pontecorvo, eh? At Curto's funeral, them all talking about what a stand up guy he was...ha!

(cough.)
Re: Mob snitch was murdering while informing for FBI [Re: GerryLang] #615173
09/20/11 10:26 PM
09/20/11 10:26 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
I am shocked about this news honestly. So he was informing for the FBI during the war so I guess the FBI found out he probably was committing crimes, etc so they probably ended the relationship then he gets jammed up and goes to jail for over 10 years then when he gets out the FBI threatens to indict him and then he flips (again), its like wtffff is going on????

We need an entire expose on the FBI and their mob informant protocols along with a detailed review of the Colombo War...

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mob snitch was murdering while informing for FBI [Re: Dapper_Don] #615186
09/21/11 02:12 AM
09/21/11 02:12 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

Imagine all the informants they probably have now, nowdays its better to just listen and not talk in certain places, dapper when are you going to put a poll up of Paul Casetellano looks like dracla on your blog
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
I am shocked about this news honestly. So he was informing for the FBI during the war so I guess the FBI found out he probably was committing crimes, etc so they probably ended the relationship then he gets jammed up and goes to jail for over 10 years then when he gets out the FBI threatens to indict him and then he flips (again), its like wtffff is going on????

We need an entire expose on the FBI and their mob informant protocols along with a detailed review of the Colombo War...

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Mob snitch was murdering while informing for FBI [Re: GerryLang] #615187
09/21/11 03:19 AM
09/21/11 03:19 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^^^ i am sure the voters would agree like 90+% on that one haha

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mob snitch was murdering while informing for FBI [Re: GerryLang] #616729
10/07/11 08:50 AM
10/07/11 08:50 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
This kind of ticks me off. FBI is allowed to use these "informants" who are basically mass murderers to put away other mob guys. Why does our legal system allow this? With people like this guy, scarpa, whitey bulger, gravano, it seems like this is not a good business practice.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull