GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Captbony1999), 314 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,202
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,059,987
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Can't. Wait. For. This. Movie. #613670
09/05/11 05:21 PM
09/05/11 05:21 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Here's a movie I'm sure everyone here can't wait to see. It's still in the works, but Pacino and DeNiro team up again, Scorsese to direct them and Joe Pesci as well. Maybe Harvey Keitel will join as well. This is just too good to be true!

Of course, you still need a good script and everything, but damn, what a dream cast! Sure, last time Pacino and DeNiro gave it a go with "Righteous Kill", it was nothing to remember. But I'm sure this will be better. I trust Scorsese not to blow this rare opportunity.

The movie is called "The Irishman" and it's based on Charles Brandt's novel "I heard you paint houses" (I hear you kill people). It's about the Jimmy Hoffa case and hitman Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran.

Please use this thread to update with anything you read or hear about this upcoming movie.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: Can't. Wait. For. This. Movie. [Re: Fame] #613678
09/05/11 06:48 PM
09/05/11 06:48 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Holy hell. Looking forward to this now, way more than the new Gotti biopic.

(cough.)
Re: Can't. Wait. For. This. Movie. [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #614094
09/09/11 09:39 PM
09/09/11 09:39 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Fame et al, I posted this on the Random Whoring thread back in June.

"Yesterday (June 22) I was listening to WFAN, Mike Francesa, (sport talk radio) transmitting from the Hartford Open where he was covering the charity golf event before the PGA event. He was talking to Joe Pesci about various golf charities and he asked Joe what was coming up in his film life. He, DeNiro and Pacino were going to be in a Scorcese film, I believe the title is "The Irishman", based on a book, the title I'm not sure....something like "Passing a Painted House"...anyway, about the assasination of Jimmy Hoffa. DeNiro plays the Irishman, Pacino is Hoffa and Pesci is Russell Bufalino, the mobster who puts out the hit. Sounds cool, but aren't these guys getting a little old?

Side note: Russell Bufalino is from Northeast PA, coal mines and things like that and a well-respected crime boss. One theory purports that Bufalino was instrumental in the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. My wife's uncle was the mayor of Exeter, PA a town within Bufalino's control. In the area there is a prominent law firm name Bufalino, but I'm not sure of the connection. The uncle was "friendly" with the Bufalino law firm. When my daughter was applying to colleges, Villanova was on the top of the list. Uncle said give him the word and the Bufalino's would get her in. Thank God she made it on her own."

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull