GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (dixiemafia), 94 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,758
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,303
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,410
Posts1,060,402
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What happened to the Rosato Brothers? #613156
08/31/11 05:03 AM
08/31/11 05:03 AM
Georgia, USA
D
DonRobertoCorleone Offline OP
Button
DonRobertoCorleone  Offline OP
D
Button
Georgia, USA
This may have been answered before but I always wondered what happenned to the Rosatos. I know Roth was the big target and Tom mentions that him and the Rosatos are on the run but what actually happened with them. On a side note if Winegardner had put the Rosatos in place of Nick Geraci with Mike setting them up in NY and for them to take the potential fall with the Bay of Pigs incident it would have been more authentic and a better storyline. Mike could have used them since other families would be looking to close in on the Corleone territories and rackets in NY with both Pentangelli, Cicci and Clemenza gone and the Rosatos were fierce at the very least. Giving them control in NY would have not been a problem since Pentangelli was dead and we know Mike was capable of using someone and then taking them out wlater when they least expected it.In fact Roth's friends/business associates could have been the Lakeville Road Group from Cleveland (i think im saying it right)from GF2, and they could have taken up backing the Rosatos.

DonRobertoCorleone
Re: What happened to the Rosato Brothers? [Re: DonRobertoCorleone] #613163
08/31/11 06:15 AM
08/31/11 06:15 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I think that the only reason Michael hadn't given Pentangeli the greenlight to take out the Rosatos was because he (a) was greedy for Roth's deal and (b) needed time to find out for sure who the traitor was. Roth knew (a), at least and had enough political power (muscle?) to back the Rosatos' play knowing that Michael didn't consider it important enough to go to war over.

But after the murders of Roth and Alo, I would imagine that presumably whoever replaced Pentangeli in NY had Michael's full permission (orders) to go after the Rosatos. I don't see Michael bringing the Rosatos in after they attempted to murder his deputy.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: What happened to the Rosato Brothers? [Re: DonRobertoCorleone] #613167
08/31/11 07:17 AM
08/31/11 07:17 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone
On a side note if Winegardner had put the Rosatos in place of Nick Geraci with Mike setting them up in NY and for them to take the potential fall with the Bay of Pigs incident it would have been more authentic and a better storyline. Mike could have used them since other families would be looking to close in on the Corleone territories and rackets in NY with both Pentangelli, Cicci and Clemenza gone and the Rosatos were fierce at the very least. Giving them control in NY would have not been a problem since Pentangelli was dead and we know Mike was capable of using someone and then taking them out wlater when they least expected it.In fact Roth's friends/business associates could have been the Lakeville Road Group from Cleveland (i think im saying it right)from GF2, and they could have taken up backing the Rosatos.

A very big side note but an interesting theory indeed. It would definitely have been a more legitimate and plausible story. More fans would have liked it, that's for sure. I'm pretty positive that if Winegardner hadn't added himself (Nick Geraci) to the storyline, it would have been a decent novel.

The Lakeville Road Group was a reference to the Cleveland crime family, which in reality was also known as the Lakeview Road Gang.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: What happened to the Rosato Brothers? [Re: Sonny_Black] #613190
08/31/11 12:49 PM
08/31/11 12:49 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
The Lakeville Road Group was a reference to the Cleveland crime family, which in reality was also known as the Lakeview Road Gang.

The Cleveland group referred to was called the Mayfield Road Gang and was headed by Moe Dalitz, Sam Tucker and Morris Kleinman. When Roth referred to "Eddie Levine of Newport," the real-life analog was Eddie Levinson of Lexington, KY.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: What happened to the Rosato Brothers? [Re: DonRobertoCorleone] #613191
08/31/11 12:51 PM
08/31/11 12:51 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone
This may have been answered before but I always wondered what happenned to the Rosatos.

As you know, in the penultimate boathouse scene, Tom tells Michael that "Roth and the Rosato brothers are on the run." I'm guessing that meant that they may have escaped arrest in that shootout with the cops that followed Frankie's attempted murder, and were on the lam.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: What happened to the Rosato Brothers? [Re: Turnbull] #613200
08/31/11 03:19 PM
08/31/11 03:19 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
The Cleveland group referred to was called the Mayfield Road Gang and was headed by Moe Dalitz, Sam Tucker and Morris Kleinman. When Roth referred to "Eddie Levine of Newport," the real-life analog was Eddie Levinson of Lexington, KY.

It's the same group. They were part of the Cleveland syndicate. In the Godfather, Vincent Forlenza was known as "the Jew" due to the many Jews in his organization.

And the Pennino brothers are a reference to the Cellini brothers, associates of Meyer Lansky in Havana.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull