GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 245 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,889
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,649
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) #612834
08/29/11 10:46 PM
08/29/11 10:46 PM
R
rg Offline OP
Made Member
rg  Offline OP
R
Made Member
Seems like alot of u philly guys have close ties to the mobs. One kid hung out with Merlino.. Others have seem to met almost everyone in the mob.. Can you guys tell me the everyday life these guys lived.. Summertime it seemed all were in Margate..

Daily Routines if any..

As much as Staino gets abused, the guy got up and went to work everyday from what GA says.

What did Merlino and the boys do when he was boss? Staino, Lucibello, Lance, any of these guys..

Also, nobody ever tells stories about Borgesi. Any good ones?

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612839
08/29/11 11:02 PM
08/29/11 11:02 PM
scotland :D
R
rossato Offline
BANNED
rossato  Offline
BANNED
R
Made Member
no1 cares about the philly guys i mean who r they ... smalltime thats what they are.. sorrry to break it to u but its true lol

rosss the bosss grin whose who want respect get respect
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rossato] #612842
08/29/11 11:19 PM
08/29/11 11:19 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: rossato
no1 cares about the philly guys i mean who r they ... smalltime thats what they are.. sorrry to break it to u but its true lol

clap

Why does Staino get abused as much as he does? Is it because of the recent wiretaps? Or because of the hype he gets as the 'de facto Underboss'.

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612843
08/29/11 11:22 PM
08/29/11 11:22 PM
R
rg Offline OP
Made Member
rg  Offline OP
R
Made Member
rossato then dont come in the thread.. The philly talk on this board is prob the most out of any family.. I hate to break that to u . small time or not, they get the most talk on this board.. Title said philly guys , so i care so if u cud read u should have stayed out.. sorry to break it to u..

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=603817#Post603817 -- this thread had over 15,000 views and 275 replies.. The hottest thread of the yr prob.. thats 15k views nd 275 replies in a month and half.. Nobody cares?

Last edited by rg; 08/29/11 11:27 PM.
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612844
08/29/11 11:24 PM
08/29/11 11:24 PM
R
rg Offline OP
Made Member
rg  Offline OP
R
Made Member
I think a mixture of both Barrett.. I follow the family, so i do care.. sorry if you dont like these guys but i come here for that.. If you lived in philly, you would too

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612849
08/30/11 03:12 AM
08/30/11 03:12 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: rg
Seems like alot of u philly guys have close ties to the mobs. One kid hung out with Merlino.. Others have seem to met almost everyone in the mob.. Can you guys tell me the everyday life these guys lived.. Summertime it seemed all were in Margate..

Daily Routines if any..

As much as Staino gets abused, the guy got up and went to work everyday from what GA says.

What did Merlino and the boys do when he was boss? Staino, Lucibello, Lance, any of these guys..

Also, nobody ever tells stories about Borgesi. Any good ones?

Probably the same daily routines of most mob street guys. In his book, George Freselone described it as hanging out for hours a day, often with people you may not particularly like. Mob guys spend a good deal of time eating, bullshitting, etc. Back in the day, Joey and the younger guys loved to go clubbing.

But on the business side of things, especially for the Philly mob which is basically a street operation, it's the standard gambling, loansharking, and extortion rackets. Monitoring the bookies who you oversee. Or collecting the street tax from the independents. Collecting the weekly vig from shylock loans. Sending guys to pick up the money from the poker machine routes. Sometimes maybe checking on a load of stolen goods. Maybe a little drug action on the side.

And I agree, seems like a lot of people give Staino crap. I think it's because he doesn't have that hardened street look. He doesn't have those "shark eyes" that a guy like Massimino does. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I imagine Staino must be fairly capable if he was one of the top guys under Ligambi.

From what I've read on the other forum about Borgesi, most consider him a real hot head. To look at him, he's a relatively small guy, and doesn't look imposing at all. But people say that's why he has the temper he does. He's had to make up for what he lacks physically by being extra mean. Supposedly he can hit really hard. And he's been involved in his share of murders, so he's no joke. The question is, is he willing to keep his mouth shut and stay in prison after he was supposed to be getting out next year?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rossato] #612856
08/30/11 06:42 AM
08/30/11 06:42 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand

I think Philly are one of the most interesting families...sure their basically just a street crew now, but its great that there are many knowledgeable Philly guys on here. The 80s in Philly sounds crazy!!! That would make for a great film!

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612860
08/30/11 07:49 AM
08/30/11 07:49 AM
R
rossato Offline
BANNED
rossato  Offline
BANNED
R
Made Member
DELETED. NO PERSONAL INSULTS ON THIS BOARD!

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rossato] #612863
08/30/11 08:12 AM
08/30/11 08:12 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
thats what i mean .... tha there a street crew , bunch of smalltime idiot cowboys if u ask me. rg who the fuck r u? ima made guy iv more rank than u in any post so sit down n shut the fuck up smile

what's the point of coming on here and being disrespectful to everyone? And its not the number of posts that's important its the quality...

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rossato] #612864
08/30/11 08:14 AM
08/30/11 08:14 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss

Actually philly is my 2nd favorite family to follow behind new england where I live. The smaller families are easier to follow. Not as many players allows you to become more familiar with every1 .

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: IvyLeague] #612889
08/30/11 11:40 AM
08/30/11 11:40 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

From what I've read on the other forum about Borgesi, most consider him a real hot head. To look at him, he's a relatively small guy, and doesn't look imposing at all. But people say that's why he has the temper he does. He's had to make up for what he lacks physically by being extra mean.

Anthony Spilotro, Funzi Tieri, Vito Genovese -- Joe Pesci.

Quote:
The question is, is he willing to keep his mouth shut and stay in prison after he was supposed to be getting out next year?

I have a feeling he would keep his mouth shut. Especially after what you just stated about him; he has built up a reputation which I think is very important for him to maintain. Besides, his family would probably be taken care of.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: Sonny_Black] #612894
08/30/11 12:51 PM
08/30/11 12:51 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

From what I've read on the other forum about Borgesi, most consider him a real hot head. To look at him, he's a relatively small guy, and doesn't look imposing at all. But people say that's why he has the temper he does. He's had to make up for what he lacks physically by being extra mean.

Anthony Spilotro, Funzi Tieri, Vito Genovese -- Joe Pesci.

Quote:
The question is, is he willing to keep his mouth shut and stay in prison after he was supposed to be getting out next year?

I have a feeling he would keep his mouth shut. Especially after what you just stated about him; he has built up a reputation which I think is very important for him to maintain. Besides, his family would probably be taken care of.

ive read the same stuff about borgesi, i read one story that when the fbi/cops went to arrest him back in the day when merlino was arrested as well they tried to get him to flip talking to him about cooperating and he apparently spit in that agents face!!!

this guy reminds me of tommy desimone aka joe pesci from goodfellas a hothead thats for sure

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: NickyScarfo] #612898
08/30/11 01:19 PM
08/30/11 01:19 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo

I think Philly are one of the most interesting families...sure their basically just a street crew now, but its great that there are many knowledgeable Philly guys on here. The 80s in Philly sounds crazy!!! That would make for a great film!

agreed i love reading about philly and to prove its one of the most interesting/popular families it is consistently week after week one of the most popular topics on my blog fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com especially stuff with joey merlino the man has a following thats for sure, if you read the articles on him that i have posted tons of anonymous people posting they miss joey and love him and they cant wait for him to come back to philly etc

check it out here

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/2011/03/skinny-joey-merlino-eyes-philly-through.html

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: Dapper_Don] #612899
08/30/11 01:21 PM
08/30/11 01:21 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Yeah Dapper I am an avid follower of the blog!

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612907
08/30/11 02:24 PM
08/30/11 02:24 PM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
best thing for the philly family is ligambi. he is oldschool running the family like bruno. and thats a lot better then merlino and scarfo did. this guy is low-profile like a real don should be.

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612910
08/30/11 03:33 PM
08/30/11 03:33 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
Well he "was" good for the Philly mob, even he made mistakes. Looks like its almost over for him.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rossato] #612911
08/30/11 03:45 PM
08/30/11 03:45 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Rossato what goes on around your neck of the woods besides you acting like a cocky arrogant asshole

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612912
08/30/11 03:51 PM
08/30/11 03:51 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Philadelphia/ South Jersey/ Delco/Montgomery County/ Bucks in the Eastern District of PA are affluent with alot of bookies who are independent of any LCN ties. When Scarfo's family tried the Rouse Extoration, Rouse a very rich developer who lives on the mainline near Villanova University, wouldn't take it and there are alot of bookies that being of Italian Descent that don't have to kick up to Phila LCN. If you hang around there operations, your a wannabe, sure your gonna get taxed.

Genovese Family."
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612913
08/30/11 03:54 PM
08/30/11 03:54 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Like George says its a like a slapstick Black Comedy thats if they weren't killling people.

"Tell him to come see me, tell him to button up."

- Gaeton Lucibello

Originally Posted By: rg
I think a mixture of both Barrett.. I follow the family, so i do care.. sorry if you dont like these guys but i come here for that.. If you lived in philly, you would too

Genovese Family."
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612915
08/30/11 03:56 PM
08/30/11 03:56 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
One of the pubs people get a kick when I do impressions of some of them people, its not like an Iron Fist with Paul Castellano killin u for saying u look like Jim Perdue ..anyone get what im saying

Genovese Family."
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612918
08/30/11 04:31 PM
08/30/11 04:31 PM
R
rossato Offline
BANNED
rossato  Offline
BANNED
R
Made Member
plenty goes on in my end of the woods wink gettin pussy . what do u get on ur nights out? at the end of the night u problemly go home with a hotdog or whatever fastfood is near your house lol

rosss the bosss grin whose who want respect get respect
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612919
08/30/11 04:40 PM
08/30/11 04:40 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Yeah I go out to bars n clubs and bring home some whores..call some hookers them to dance n throw doritos and shit at them to degrate them lol

I get it in, I live where they make some of the best Italian Cusine where people take pride in coooking their food, u can take a hotdog n shove it up ur ass then eat it groundskeeper willy..

Genovese Family."
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #612920
08/30/11 04:41 PM
08/30/11 04:41 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Philadelphia/ South Jersey/ Delco/Montgomery County/ Bucks in the Eastern District of PA are affluent with alot of bookies who are independent of any LCN ties. When Scarfo's family tried the Rouse Extoration, Rouse a very rich developer who lives on the mainline near Villanova University, wouldn't take it and there are alot of bookies that being of Italian Descent that don't have to kick up to Phila LCN. If you hang around there operations, your a wannabe, sure your gonna get taxed.

If you look at the bookmaking busts in the northeast region over the past decade, from up in Boston to down in south Jersey, there are ones that seem to be independent of the LCN. But they are in the minority. To this day, most of them do appear to have an LCN connection. Either run directly by the LCN, laying off to a larger LCN-controlled operation, funneling bets through an LCN-controlled network down to Costa Rica, or paying a street tax to the LCN. Illegal sports betting is one business that the LCN has been pretty successful in holding onto where it still has a significant presence.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: Dapper_Don] #612922
08/30/11 04:49 PM
08/30/11 04:49 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Dapper ...But in certain social circles if joey comes back someone is going to rub him out..His Bloodlines and influence are wearing thin...Making those bets and not paying them to some small-time bookmaker 20 years ago whose a big dawg now, someone will kill him hands down.

agreed i love reading about philly and to prove its one of the most interesting/popular families it is consistently week after week one of the most popular topics on my blog fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com especially stuff with joey merlino the man has a following thats for sure, if you read the articles on him that i have posted tons of anonymous people posting they miss joey and love him and they cant wait for him to come back to philly etc

check it out here

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/2011/03/skinny-joey-merlino-eyes-philly-through.html[/quote]

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 08/30/11 04:50 PM.

Genovese Family."
Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612925
08/30/11 04:57 PM
08/30/11 04:57 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Ivey you are probably right that the majority are connected in some way but there are a lot...a lot of independent bookies in philly...even Italian Americans in south philly. Guys don't fear these guys like they use to n sometimes have a few guys together. This started with drugs but now you got young guys even with books for there neighborhood. There are a lot of big time independents to. Never would have been this way 20 years ago. Lot more rats in philly to that no one cares or does anything about. Gotta co sign dicks nose on this one. Who knows what philly will look like in another 2o

Rosato go back to Albany n stop acting like your from ny before we tax Yo ass!

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612926
08/30/11 05:04 PM
08/30/11 05:04 PM
R
rg Offline OP
Made Member
rg  Offline OP
R
Made Member
Dicknose, you can really see someone killing JOEY? Even though his crew is running things ? I dont know if anyone has the balls bc that will prob result in the killing of them right back due to killing a made guy... interesting...

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: spmob] #612927
08/30/11 05:09 PM
08/30/11 05:09 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: spmob
Ivey you are probably right that the majority are connected in some way but there are a lot...a lot of independent bookies in philly...even Italian Americans in south philly. Guys don't fear these guys like they use to n sometimes have a few guys together. This started with drugs but now you got young guys even with books for there neighborhood. There are a lot of big time independents to. Never would have been this way 20 years ago. Lot more rats in philly to that no one cares or does anything about. Gotta co sign dicks nose on this one. Who knows what philly will look like in another 2o

Why did Rocco Maniscalco get killed then if there are so many independetnt bookies now? I'm not questioning what you're saying, just curious as to what happened with him.

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612928
08/30/11 05:14 PM
08/30/11 05:14 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
George Borgesi is a stand up guy he would never rat, he didnt before with his buddies and he sure as hell wont now. He wont hang his whole family out to dry in South Philly including his brother and cousins who are involved in LCN.

As for their everyday lives, Ligambi made it a point to his guys to hold real jobs while he was boss from what I was told. He ran a tight ship and even most of their wives held down jobs or owned buisnesses to show ligit assests for the life they led such as cars, houses, vacations ect.

These guys werent out and about on the streets doing nothing all day like the Merlino days where they spent all day at bars or Joeys cafe on Passyunk ave. then going out all night clubing. Only guys that were often seen out was Anthony Nicodemo and Anthony Borgesi. Both were always seen with friends who to my knowledge are just regular guys not involved in any way with LCN.

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: rg] #612930
08/30/11 05:24 PM
08/30/11 05:24 PM
R
rg Offline OP
Made Member
rg  Offline OP
R
Made Member
Southphilly, who went out with Merlino?

Were these guys out at the bars everynight? Did they pay for anything?

Re: The everyday life of a Gangster ( Philly guys) [Re: mike68] #612932
08/30/11 05:25 PM
08/30/11 05:25 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: mike68
Originally Posted By: spmob

Why did Rocco Maniscalco get killed then if there are so many independetnt bookies now? I'm not questioning what you're saying, just curious as to what happened with him.

Another question is, why don't we see more busts of these independent bookies? As I said, there have been a few here and there over the years but they are in the minority.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull