GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Mafia101, 1 invisible), 571 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,121
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,724
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #613063
08/30/11 10:43 PM
08/30/11 10:43 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Dapper I got my B.A. from Temple, I was gonna go to Pace up in West Chester I couldnt afford it, what school u go to up there

D
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: rossato
yeah with no proof no1 beleives u , mommy n daddy pay to have u go to graduate how sweet , a real man earns money everyday , not by going to graduate on momy n daddys money , yeh dicknose is right i do see things from outside the us , n i think there vaild points to be made, again... if u people cant take crisism what r u going to do everytime some1 cristises u ? ban them? call the cops? thats soft

once again your wrong, mommy and daddy dont pay a dime for me actually i go to a top ivy league school on a scholarship because unlike you i work hard and have a bright future

nice, temple is a good school one of my frat bros is in their dental graduate school, well because I want to maintain a level of anonymity online i wont tell you where i got to school now except its an ivy league school in a small town on the east coast and i got my ba from a small private liberal arts school in upstate ny, btw just so rossato knows and stops bitching this didnt cost my parents who immigrated here nothing i am all on scholarships, i was born and raised in the bronx am an american citizen

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 08/30/11 11:00 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613075
08/30/11 10:57 PM
08/30/11 10:57 PM
scotland :D
R
rossato Offline
BANNED
rossato  Offline
BANNED
R
Made Member
yeah ur still not a working man . ur an imagrant n ur on a scholarship? u get your course fees paid for u dorm paid for u n everything? in my eyes that aint a working man thats a spoilt little bitchs life. in scotland u goty pay your own way through university

rosss the bosss grin whose who want respect get respect
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: rossato] #613089
08/30/11 11:33 PM
08/30/11 11:33 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
in scotland u goty pay your own way through university

Yeah? Well fuck Scotland!

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: Nicholas] #613092
08/30/11 11:44 PM
08/30/11 11:44 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
in scotland u goty pay your own way through university

Yeah? Well fuck Scotland!

LMAOOOOOOO

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613096
08/30/11 11:56 PM
08/30/11 11:56 PM
R
rossato Offline
BANNED
rossato  Offline
BANNED
R
Made Member
listen to u 2 lol u 2 spoiled little brats probly dont work live of mom n dady , wouldnt know a days work if it hit on in the face

rosss the bosss grin whose who want respect get respect
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613293
09/01/11 08:10 PM
09/01/11 08:10 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
rossato got banned thank god.

Anyways the family i have a question about is KC?? Some sources say they are still a active family with a heirarchy and 20-30 soldiers othere say they are defunct. Anybody have any insight on this family?

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613311
09/02/11 12:19 AM
09/02/11 12:19 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
KC is one of those Families. Certain people will swear till they're blue in the face that its still going strong, and that no significant indictments over the last few decades just means that wiseguys there have perfected the art of evading the law.

Although there may be a few made guys getting around (very slowly with canes and walkers) or a couple guys still keeping a book, it does not mean that there is still a formally structured heirarchy and organization. By this point, if anything the KC Family is a "glorified crew".

Having said that, there has been some recent charges and indictments centered around the Sansone brothers and their bookmaking operations. They are related to Tony Ripes Civella. Also, if I remember correctly, indictments involving a relative of Willie the Rat, although I may be wrong about that last one.

In any case, the days of a properly structured LCN cell are almost definitely long gone. I handful of bookies a Family doesn't make.

Check the archives dude; there's a bunch of stuff posted on the Sansone's and others. The search function really takes the work out of it. smile

(cough.)
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613328
09/02/11 03:21 AM
09/02/11 03:21 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Some excerpts from an article in the Kansas City Star after the gambling bust -

"What’s accused here is exactly what Kansas City mob figures were convicted of a generation ago," said retired FBI agent Jeff Lanza. "However, on its face, it doesn’t represent a resurgence of the Kansas City mob to anything near what they were in our city’s past."

"All of the assets that made the mob what it was — the Teamsters union, political connections and ties to other families — are all gone," Ouseley said. "Whatever’s left doesn’t have access to the power sources that the Civella group had."

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=259320

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: Dapper_Don] #613405
09/03/11 12:01 AM
09/03/11 12:01 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Accidental re-post. Might as well add something.

Ivy, I don't exactly understand what happened with D'elia. He became a snitch, but on a very specific operation. Therefore he wasn't exactly ratted out all his fellow made men, right? Did the family just lose hope after that? I've always thought the Bufalino Family was a decidedly small family. Russell kept 40-ish made guys around, and I always think there has to be a reason. Maybe to keep a low profile? In any case, it hasn't helped the family survive. But they had a great run.

good point its kind of like the mikey franzese who didnt rat out his fellow made guys...

Almost missed this amongst all the gibberish that scottish cock-sucker was posting.

D'Elia's an interesting guy for sure. I could never quite understand how as an actual boss he would let the Family just disintegrate. Was there really not one guy he thought he could make in all that time?

Ivy answered some of my questions about D'Elia a while back, it was about the time they were moving him round different prisons a lot and the Louie DeNaples thing was still going on. You may well have read it already, but just in case it's;
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573048

(cough.)
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #613416
09/03/11 03:07 AM
09/03/11 03:07 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Accidental re-post. Might as well add something.

Ivy, I don't exactly understand what happened with D'elia. He became a snitch, but on a very specific operation. Therefore he wasn't exactly ratted out all his fellow made men, right? Did the family just lose hope after that? I've always thought the Bufalino Family was a decidedly small family. Russell kept 40-ish made guys around, and I always think there has to be a reason. Maybe to keep a low profile? In any case, it hasn't helped the family survive. But they had a great run.

good point its kind of like the mikey franzese who didnt rat out his fellow made guys...

Almost missed this amongst all the gibberish that scottish cock-sucker was posting.

D'Elia's an interesting guy for sure. I could never quite understand how as an actual boss he would let the Family just disintegrate. Was there really not one guy he thought he could make in all that time?

Ivy answered some of my questions about D'Elia a while back, it was about the time they were moving him round different prisons a lot and the Louie DeNaples thing was still going on. You may well have read it already, but just in case it's;
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573048

I think I missed that post by BarretM too. If memory serves, the Bufalinos (like Pittsburgh) were one of the families that NY put a freeze on as far as making new members. So general attrition quickly took it's toll. And, as said, they were always a relatively small family anyway.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: IvyLeague] #613417
09/03/11 04:34 AM
09/03/11 04:34 AM
United States
M
moolou Offline
Button
moolou  Offline
M
Button
United States
Why would the NY families do that?

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613435
09/03/11 12:17 PM
09/03/11 12:17 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
yeah what was the reason for the freeze i know they did that buy why?

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: phatmatress] #613446
09/03/11 02:43 PM
09/03/11 02:43 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: phatmatress
Originally Posted By: yigido
i heard the cleveland mob was defunct for a time but after this made guy came out of prison he started running rackets with assistance from the genovese family but i dont know if these guys rebuild the clan.

and the family wich is the most stable outside of ny or probably whole the states is probably in detroit. read at the fivefamiliesblog that made men were required to marry relatives of other made men so the chanse of ratting or rebelling against the family would be minimum.
the most stable fam outside the 5 is prob the outfit. philly and new england come in around or right behind them with the decavacante's bringin up the rear. detroit is almost defunct.

WHAT?
The Tocco family can be called the "most succesfull" crim family of the US.
No serious indictments in the past 10 years, no cooperating witnesses and all members are blood\marriage releted.
If you don't hear about them in the news it doesn't mean that they aren't out there making money.

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: thebarber] #613447
09/03/11 02:47 PM
09/03/11 02:47 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: LuanKuci] #613541
09/04/11 06:04 PM
09/04/11 06:04 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
Originally Posted By: yigido
i heard the cleveland mob was defunct for a time but after this made guy came out of prison he started running rackets with assistance from the genovese family but i dont know if these guys rebuild the clan.

and the family wich is the most stable outside of ny or probably whole the states is probably in detroit. read at the fivefamiliesblog that made men were required to marry relatives of other made men so the chanse of ratting or rebelling against the family would be minimum.
the most stable fam outside the 5 is prob the outfit. philly and new england come in around or right behind them with the decavacante's bringin up the rear. detroit is almost defunct.

WHAT?
No serious indictments in the past 10 years, no cooperating witnesses and all members are blood\marriage releted.
If you don't hear about them in the news it doesn't mean that they aren't out there making money.

i agree with ivy on this one.....the feds are just too high tec now for an active family to not have anything brought up. if they are out making money its not much

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: LuanKuci] #613545
09/04/11 07:07 PM
09/04/11 07:07 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

WHAT?

If you want to believe that, it's your choice. But no indictments tends to mean little activity. More indictments tends to mean more activity. Why do you think there are always indictments in New York but none in Milwaukee or Denver?

And I'm aware of that Detroit mob video that came out, where the ad calls the Detroit mob the "most successful." But that really isn't true. Nor is the article about the family recently posted in another thread, which says they haven't slowed down. Not surprisingly, both come from some of the same sources.

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: LuanKuci] #613546
09/04/11 07:08 PM
09/04/11 07:08 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia

Maybe not, but I believe it shows that the rackets they are into these days are returning that much less, and are therefore considered less of an organised crime threat. Like Phat said.

Nobody's saying that Detroit is completely gone, just that they're a shadow of their former selves.

On another note, as much as I like Burnstein's work, I know that not everyone agrees with his opinions. Still, I personally believe the truth is somewhere in the middle; that is, they're definitely not as strong as some claim but not completely defanged as some others do.

(cough.)
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613569
09/04/11 10:05 PM
09/04/11 10:05 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
how could anyone consider the tocco family more sucessful than say the genevosee gambinos or even scarfo/bruno families????

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: phatmatress] #613584
09/05/11 12:03 AM
09/05/11 12:03 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
how could anyone consider the tocco family more sucessful than say the genevosee gambinos or even scarfo/bruno families????

True that. NY is like the template.

(cough.)
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: phatmatress] #613723
09/06/11 02:10 AM
09/06/11 02:10 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Some people may say a family that is more quiet and less chaotic is more successful. Which is true to an extent. But today, relative inactivity gets mistaken for that too often.

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613768
09/06/11 02:05 PM
09/06/11 02:05 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
Its all a opinoin on what you think a successful crime family is. If its all about making $ then the NY families are the most successful. If u like to make a good living and stay out of the can some of yur smaller families wud b considered more successful . New England and Philly ( up to recently) are good examples

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: IvyLeague] #613772
09/06/11 02:50 PM
09/06/11 02:50 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Some people may say a family that is more quiet and less chaotic is more successful. Which is true to an extent. But today, relative inactivity gets mistaken for that too often.

It probably doesn't make any sense to say, but after the capture of that giant, almost mythical crocodile today I think everything is possible, even for the Detroit mob. wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613784
09/06/11 05:25 PM
09/06/11 05:25 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Holy hell I just saw that crocodile thing. Thats insane. That croc is bloody huge!

(cough.)
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #613843
09/07/11 03:10 AM
09/07/11 03:10 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Supposedly, the infamous "Gustave" in Africa is at least as big, if not bigger, than the recently captured croc in the Philippines. You first see him at about 3:00 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDhEBgcPVtY

Last edited by IvyLeague; 09/07/11 03:11 AM.

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: IvyLeague] #613853
09/07/11 06:45 AM
09/07/11 06:45 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Far out thats a big croc! We get huge one's too in my state (Western Australia) very dangerous. Haha never did I think we would discuss crocodiles on an organized crime thread!

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: IvyLeague] #613964
09/08/11 01:44 PM
09/08/11 01:44 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Supposedly, the infamous "Gustave" in Africa is at least as big, if not bigger, than the recently captured croc in the Philippines. You first see him at about 3:00 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDhEBgcPVtY

Gustave is estimated to be about 20 feet. He's likely the biggest one in Africa and possibly one of the biggest Nile Crocodiles ever, but there are saltwater crocodiles who are bigger than him.

If I had to choose betweem him and the one captured in the Philippines, i would put my money one the Philippines giant. But in Africa, Gustave is the capo di tutti capi where he rules with an iron fist. This SOB outsmarted the scientists and hunters who tried to capture him.

But we can better discuss this at this topic I made:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=613776#Post613776

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The Families outside NY [Re: furio_from_naples] #614336
09/12/11 09:25 AM
09/12/11 09:25 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
What's the LCN status of buffalo ?? Some people say they r dead some say they r still active

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: thebarber] #614371
09/12/11 03:53 PM
09/12/11 03:53 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: thebarber
What's the LCN status of buffalo ?? Some people say they r dead some say they r still active

The last decade doesn't show much in the way of a cohesive, viable family. They lost their main source of power when LIUNA was put under trusteeship in 1996. It was declared free of organized crime influence in 2006. There's been a handful of cases here and there, in both Buffalo and Rochester, but mostly involving individual members or associates. The Todaros appear to be retired for all intents and purposes. Them still having as many made guys as they do is probably due to them being in the northeast as much as anything. But I don't know how much stock I put in any current organizational charts. For me, they're on the "non-viable" list, right behind Detroit.

Re: The Families outside NY [Re: IvyLeague] #614402
09/12/11 07:42 PM
09/12/11 07:42 PM
US
H
HermitKermit Offline
Made Member
HermitKermit  Offline
H
Made Member
US
I thought "Gustave" was that "tamed" white crocodile that was captured and now is in some zoo.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull