GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,488
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Boss in Philly #611937
08/21/11 07:31 PM
08/21/11 07:31 PM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline OP
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline OP
F
Underboss
LV
I heard over the weekend Michael Lancelotti is the new boss, anyone else heard those rumors.

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #611943
08/21/11 08:00 PM
08/21/11 08:00 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Ligambi is still boss until convicted but he named John Ciancaglini acting boss from the word that I hear. Johnny Chang had a newstand which despite being busy is now closed and for sale. Not a bad choice, Johnny is a stand up guy who did bids under the Scarfo era and Merlino era, Hes low key and has the respect of the recent and soon to be released guys from the Scarfo era.

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #611946
08/21/11 08:18 PM
08/21/11 08:18 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Mikey Lance is a low key capo of South Philly that seems untouched by the recent shake-ups. Still, I think its far too early to be naming any guys as the new boss. As far as any rumours, until I hear Anastasia do a story on it, the Feds release a statement on it or another reputable source reports it, Id say they're just that; rumours.

As as side note, heaps of guys on the BB mention "rumours" they have heard. Are they trying to imply that they are connected or are some of these so called rumours actually being started by them?

(cough.)
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #611948
08/21/11 08:23 PM
08/21/11 08:23 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
mayb they just live in the neighborhoods and hear talk on the street. I live in bostons north end (aka little italy) and people here love to gossip about OC.

people can say what they want but these guys are still looked at like celebs in the old neighborhood and people love to talk bout them

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #611949
08/21/11 08:25 PM
08/21/11 08:25 PM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline OP
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline OP
F
Underboss
LV
I'm just putting it out there it came from a very close friend who is very close with those guys. That's all.

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #612037
08/22/11 01:27 PM
08/22/11 01:27 PM
R
rg Offline
Made Member
rg  Offline
R
Made Member
So we have heard it could be 3 diff peeople..\

Anastasia - Mazzone

2 guys on here say Lance and Chang..

Any other info on this stuff..

Also, mby the philly guys could help me out.. Which member of the Philly Mob ( merlino + Ligambi crews) has the most money?

Ligambi?

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: rg] #612100
08/23/11 03:45 AM
08/23/11 03:45 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Angelo Lutz does. Angleo Lutz is the new boss. Angelo doing a 9 year bit, and not being able to see his penis for almost the whole stretch, brough him alot of wisdom.After losing 160 lbs in jail and able to see his penis again, he started to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #612101
08/23/11 03:52 AM
08/23/11 03:52 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Angelo never has to use threats of violence. His new strategy hes brought to LCN in Philadelphia and NYC seems to be working. That is the non-verbal appproach of just sitting on people until they get the point. Lutz squashes many people and they start to cough up the cash before he finshes them off with a loud fart in the face.

Genovese Family."
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #612102
08/23/11 03:59 AM
08/23/11 03:59 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Who do you think anastahia talks to)people in the street you want to hear a rumor well I left one at the end of the page for ya.

Why would you want to personally implicate anyone on these boards of being connected. As a member said on here we all have a collective interest in the subject matter..so be it!.... and alot of people do sit around in S.P and BS all day, alot of them don't work aren't connected and like to think they are and George has the paper give them nice tickets to the phillies games on behalf of whatever The Philadelphia Inquier Congomlarete is under.

As far as any rumours, until I hear Anastasia do a story on it, the Feds release a statement on it or another reputable source reports it, Id say they're just that; rumours.

As as side note, heaps of guys on the BB mention "rumours" they have heard. Are they trying to imply that they are connected or are some of these so called rumours actually being started by them? [/quote]

Genovese Family."
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #612109
08/23/11 08:11 AM
08/23/11 08:11 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
I am no philly expert but IMO joey merlino will take control in philly again at some point. Guys like him typocally don't change. They love the power and respect they get from being boss to much and the cash is a very nice bonus

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #612192
08/23/11 05:25 PM
08/23/11 05:25 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: thebarber
I am no philly expert but IMO joey merlino will take control in philly again at some point. Guys like him typocally don't change. They love the power and respect they get from being boss to much and the cash is a very nice bonus

It wont be that easy for him if he wanted it.

Ligambi had a peaceful era and by todays standards a long run and most of the soldiers today came up during his era. Merlino has no muscle loyal to him and aside from Mazzone who else from his era is out on the street now of stature? Cant count Johnny Chang really since he goes back to the Scarfo days.

Now you got the whole dimension of all the old Scarfo gang out on the street now in Philly. You have the two Narducci brothers, Joe Pungitore, Charlie White, Joe Grande and Sal Scaffidi all out or will be out in the next year or two. The guys from the Scarfo era that got released did their time like men and fell back without wanting theirs because Ligambi was one of them.

Most people dont know but Joey Merlino was not very well liked by Scarfo and most of his gang. He was known as a punk kid who was always starting fights in bars and clubs during that time and Scarfo wanted him dead, only thing that saved him was his dad Sal who was Scarfos friend. Serving under Ligambi for these guys is one thing but I dont think they will like being under Merlino. Johnny Chang or George Borgesi perhaps because they were well liked by those guys.

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Southphilly4ever] #612207
08/23/11 09:30 PM
08/23/11 09:30 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Is Chickie the father of Joey and Johnny and Mikey?

I think the right way to look at Merlino is not the former boss, but the former leader of, let's say, 'The Merlino Gang' . Made or not, he was a mob outcast really, and I think it's easier looking at it as a war between two completely separate organizations than a power struggle within a family. If that makes any sense. Modern Joey Gallo. If he ever takes over again it will be when the family doesn't have the strength to handle itself like it did under Stanfa. In other words, when the opposition is weak. Because that's how it will be. No one will back him just out of respect like they would with a traditional boss.

I can see Charlie White settling in to Consigliere, Faffy running a crew again. Also, what's up with Scoops Licata? He's one of only a few capos, yet he never gets any mentions.

Last edited by BarrettM; 08/23/11 09:31 PM.
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #612347
08/25/11 06:20 PM
08/25/11 06:20 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
S
Made Member
Yeah Chickie is the father of those 3. When he gets out in a few years he will be old but my guess is he will want back in for sure this guy is a lifer, he went away during bruno and was only out during the scarfo ever for a few months before going back in. Safe to say if he wants to be boss nobody would stand in his way especially with his son and the scarfo crew that is out now on the street.

Scoops Licata is part of the North Jersey faction of the Philly mob thats why he never gets mentions. No guy that is not from South Philly will ever be one of the top 3 postions because it would just be another Stanfa and he will be viewed like Stanfa was as not one of them buy all the born and raised South Philly guys.

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #612396
08/26/11 12:59 AM
08/26/11 12:59 AM
scotland :D
R
rossato Offline
BANNED
rossato  Offline
BANNED
R
Made Member
scotland :D
philly boss dosnt matter ther smalltime . people on this post should give more attention to nj as not much is known these days n ther is never any posts on nj .... i want to post on info about nj whos who in nj . thts an order! ' if u break the rules u end up in a dumpster' smile with rats n magits init lol

rosss the bosss grin whose who want respect get respect
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Southphilly4ever] #612451
08/26/11 02:59 PM
08/26/11 02:59 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
Yeah Chickie is the father of those 3. When he gets out in a few years he will be old but my guess is he will want back in for sure this guy is a lifer, he went away during bruno and was only out during the scarfo ever for a few months before going back in. Safe to say if he wants to be boss nobody would stand in his way especially with his son and the scarfo crew that is out now on the street.

Scoops Licata is part of the North Jersey faction of the Philly mob thats why he never gets mentions. No guy that is not from South Philly will ever be one of the top 3 postions because it would just be another Stanfa and he will be viewed like Stanfa was as not one of them buy all the born and raised South Philly guys.

Scoops Licata was in that video of that holiday party Ligambi had that George Anastasia showed, Scoops was sitting close to the Boss if I remember

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Dapper_Don] #612454
08/26/11 03:54 PM
08/26/11 03:54 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Scoops Licata was in that video of that holiday party Ligambi had that George Anastasia showed, Scoops was sitting close to the Boss if I remember

He is a capo in north jersey so obviously he would be there but to my knowledge he doesnt come from South Philly and was sent up there to run things.

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #612458
08/26/11 05:04 PM
08/26/11 05:04 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

One really has to question how much the Philadelphia family has left in North Jersey at this point. The only made guys left seem to be Scoops, Beepsie, Nick O, and Lou Fazzini. The 2004 NJ OC report said the family had a gambling operation there but that's it.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: flamingokid123] #612460
08/26/11 05:37 PM
08/26/11 05:37 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/mob-talk%3A-joseph-%C2%BFscoops%C2%BF-licata

heres the video GA made of scoops, talks about him paying tribute to ligambi and the fact that his crew is a big moneymaker

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Dapper_Don] #612503
08/27/11 03:04 AM
08/27/11 03:04 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/mob-talk%3A-joseph-%C2%BFscoops%C2%BF-licata

heres the video GA made of scoops, talks about him paying tribute to ligambi and the fact that his crew is a big moneymaker

Traditionally the family's North Jersey crew was a big money maker - when there was much more of a crew in existence. If you look over the past decade, not much in the way of Philly mob activity up north. Their presence in Jersey is almost completely in the south now.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Southphilly4ever] #612534
08/27/11 11:27 AM
08/27/11 11:27 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

He is a capo in north jersey so obviously he would be there but to my knowledge he doesnt come from South Philly and was sent up there to run things.

well it is important that scoops was paying homage to ligambi as this was the first reported sighting with both of them since ligambi took over and scoops got out of the can

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #612535
08/27/11 11:28 AM
08/27/11 11:28 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Traditionally the family's North Jersey crew was a big money maker - when there was much more of a crew in existence. If you look over the past decade, not much in the way of Philly mob activity up north. Their presence in Jersey is almost completely in the south now.

well we all know just cause there isnt any indictment doesnt mean there isnt any activity but i get your point

Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Dapper_Don] #612607
08/27/11 10:15 PM
08/27/11 10:15 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Scoops Licata goes way back eh? It'd seem like there's still at least one Scarfo/Ligambi crew up in Newark. You'd wonder what kind of money Scoops would be sending in from his rackets up there, and whether Ligambi had to had put the word out or Scoops came directly to him. Being an old school kinda guy, you'd think the latter.

On another note, Schratweiser and Anastasia reported recently that Mazzone is now "Acting Boss". Speaking of whom, that guys lost alot of weight and hair since his days of walking behind Merlino while news camera's buzzed around them.

(cough.)
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #612755
08/29/11 11:18 AM
08/29/11 11:18 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
I guess alot of people don't know that scoops licata has been in a few movies Dungeston Checks in, Encino Man, The FatA$$ w. thick glasses w. tp hanging off his a$$$

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Scoops Licata goes way back eh? It'd seem like there's still at least one Scarfo/Ligambi crew up in Newark. You'd wonder what kind of money Scoops would be sending in from his rackets up there, and whether Ligambi had to had put the word out or Scoops came directly to him. Being an old school kinda guy, you'd think the latter.

On another note, Schratweiser and Anastasia reported recently that Mazzone is now "Acting Boss". Speaking of whom, that guys lost alot of weight and hair since his days of walking behind Merlino while news camera's buzzed around them.

Genovese Family."
Re: New Boss in Philly [Re: Southphilly4ever] #612943
08/30/11 06:26 PM
08/30/11 06:26 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
When they bother him at the newstand thats funny as shit, dave shitwesier needs to go back to J_____Town

Ligambi is still boss until convicted but he named John Ciancaglini acting boss from the word that I hear. Johnny Chang had a newstand which despite being busy is now closed and for sale. Not a bad choice, Johnny is a stand up guy who did bids under the Scarfo era and Merlino era, Hes low key and has the respect of the recent and soon to be released guys from the Scarfo era.

Genovese Family."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull