GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 79 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,757
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,303
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,410
Posts1,060,399
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Amuso and Casso #609585
08/01/11 10:14 PM
08/01/11 10:14 PM
Caramela77 Offline OP
Made Member
Caramela77  Offline OP
Made Member
Reading about these two it seems they were eliminating anyone who could be a threat to their new roles and could be informants. Would it be safe to say that is would be a matter of time that Amuso would have Casso killed? He seems to have wanted the New Jersey faction killed off, a list of 49 people, Chiodo, then Alphonse D'Arco supposedly doing there dirty work and being killed for the failed attempt of killing Chiodo or was it really they wanted him gone for doing all the murders they wanted carried out? Just looking to hear your guys opinions and facts on this...

Last edited by Caramela77; 08/01/11 10:15 PM.
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Caramela77] #609591
08/02/11 12:08 AM
08/02/11 12:08 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Ya you are pretty much on the money. When tony Ducks got sent away for the Commission Trial he named Casso as acting boss. Casso didn't want the heat so he convinced him to name Amuso and boss. even though Vic was boss in name I think casso eally ran the show. Casso was pretty much a maniac and he would wipe out anyone he suspected was a rat even if they were innocent like pete chiodo.

Last edited by JCrusher; 08/02/11 12:09 AM.
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Caramela77] #609657
08/02/11 10:03 PM
08/02/11 10:03 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Caramela77
Reading about these two it seems they were eliminating anyone who could be a threat to their new roles and could be informants. Would it be safe to say that is would be a matter of time that Amuso would have Casso killed? He seems to have wanted the New Jersey faction killed off, a list of 49 people, Chiodo, then Alphonse D'Arco supposedly doing there dirty work and being killed for the failed attempt of killing Chiodo or was it really they wanted him gone for doing all the murders they wanted carried out? Just looking to hear your guys opinions and facts on this...

i think you mean casso would have killed vic, he was prob the one that dropped the dime to the fbi on amusos pa whereabouts when they were on the lam so he can completely control the family while on the run

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Dapper_Don] #609665
08/02/11 11:49 PM
08/02/11 11:49 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

i think you mean casso would have killed vic, he was prob the one that dropped the dime to the fbi on amusos pa whereabouts when they were on the lam so he can completely control the family while on the run

its never been proven but i believe it was him, casso would kill his own mother to advance

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: phatmatress] #609683
08/03/11 03:22 AM
08/03/11 03:22 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
its never been proven but i believe it was him, casso would kill his own mother to advance[/quote]

Is his book any good, or is it alot of rehashed common info? Anyone have an opinion on that?The Bio segment done on Casso cracks me up when its ending, when he goes on a rant ... when there playing his voice from prison ... " I've done business with the worst people in the streets for 30YEARS!! MAKE A DEAL WITH DA GOVERNMENT FUGGETABOUTIT!! That rant had be cracking up just thinking about it....what a hood

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Dapper_Don] #609713
08/03/11 10:05 AM
08/03/11 10:05 AM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss

In the Brotherhoods they claim someone recognized Amuso from his appearance on Americas Most Wanted, and it wasn't a fellow mafia member who dimed him out, but Amuso believed different, and when Casso was arrested they found a note from Amuso in his hideout asking the same question. Casso was supposedly spreading the rumor it was Al D'arco who dimed Amuso out. Casso had the same suspicions when he was finally caught, thinking someone dimed him out, he blamed Burton Kaplan. The Brotherhoods claim Casso was caught because he was making lots of calls to Frank Lastorino's cellular phone, and they caught on.

I don't know if it was Casso's book or the Brotherhoods, but there was supposedly a plan to break Amuso out of prison before he went to trial I think, guards and all were paid off, but when the time came Amuso didn't want no parts of it, because he thought Casso would have him killed once he was out.

Those audio tapes of Casso on his BIO were great, Casso has a great Brooklyn accent, I doubt it is very common these days?

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Caramela77] #609715
08/03/11 11:13 AM
08/03/11 11:13 AM
New Joisy and Naples
Gumad Offline
Button
Gumad  Offline
Button
New Joisy and Naples
It's pretty common in brooklyn

Touch my stuff.....I kill ya
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Caramela77] #609716
08/03/11 11:25 AM
08/03/11 11:25 AM
T
Tyler_Durden Offline
Made Member
Tyler_Durden  Offline
T
Made Member
One thing about the Chiodo attempted murder that never made sense to me is that the alledged reason for it is Chiodo pleading guilty to the windows case,and Vic and Gas were worried that he might have turned rat.But didn't they have Carracapa who was high up in the OC taskforce for the NYPD as well as the FBI guy Casso alledgedly had on the payroll?Wouldn't they be able to find out if Chiodo was a rat or not?

It just doesn't fit.Either Chiodo had already made a deal and the FBI lied,or there must have been something else there...

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Gumad] #609729
08/03/11 03:21 PM
08/03/11 03:21 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Gumad

I've read the type of accent you find on someone like Casso is becoming less and less common in Brooklyn, because of how diverse the neighborhoods become and all the transplants.

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Caramela77] #609732
08/03/11 03:37 PM
08/03/11 03:37 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Does anyone in the family actually still listen to Amuso? He's still listed as official boss but seriously after what happened when him and Casso were running around all crazy why would they!

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Caramela77] #609735
08/03/11 03:43 PM
08/03/11 03:43 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Hey Nicodemo ...what charts did you see that on what website has current charts on it right now that doesn't require a paid membership

Genovese Family."
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: NickyScarfo] #609736
08/03/11 03:44 PM
08/03/11 03:44 PM
Caramela77 Offline OP
Made Member
Caramela77  Offline OP
Made Member
Maybe the deal was Amuso would continue to act as if he was the boss trying to mislead the FBI while in reality someone outside prison is actually running the Lucchese family.

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: GerryLang] #609740
08/03/11 04:26 PM
08/03/11 04:26 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXu_cVznW...&playnext=1

I posted this link its the last part of the Bio Flick, thought a few of you guys would get a kick out of it

Originally Posted By: GerryLang

In the Brotherhoods they claim someone recognized Amuso from his appearance on Americas Most Wanted, and it wasn't a fellow mafia member who dimed him out, but Amuso believed different, and when Casso was arrested they found a note from Amuso in his hideout asking the same question. Casso was supposedly spreading the rumor it was Al D'arco who dimed Amuso out. Casso had the same suspicions when he was finally caught, thinking someone dimed him out, he blamed Burton Kaplan. The Brotherhoods claim Casso was caught because he was making lots of calls to Frank Lastorino's cellular phone, and they caught on.

I don't know if it was Casso's book or the Brotherhoods, but there was supposedly a plan to break Amuso out of prison before he went to trial I think, guards and all were paid off, but when the time came Amuso didn't want no parts of it, because he thought Casso would have him killed once he was out.

Those audio tapes of Casso on his BIO were great, Casso has a great Brooklyn accent, I doubt it is very common these days?

Genovese Family."
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Caramela77] #609742
08/03/11 04:57 PM
08/03/11 04:57 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Maybe the deal was Amuso would continue to act as if he was the boss trying to mislead the FBI while in reality someone outside prison is actually running the Lucchese family.
ding ding ding outta everyone you are the winner, lil vic has no pull! same deal with carmine persico the colombos

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: GerryLang] #609768
08/03/11 10:57 PM
08/03/11 10:57 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

that was cassos book i have it

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #609771
08/03/11 11:56 PM
08/03/11 11:56 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com has pretty good charts for the five families to answer your question Moltisanti.

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: NickyScarfo] #609774
08/04/11 12:07 AM
08/04/11 12:07 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com has pretty good charts for the five families to answer your question Moltisanti.
our very own dapperdon runs that site! he does a wonderful job!

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: phatmatress] #609776
08/04/11 12:16 AM
08/04/11 12:16 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Oh really?! I had suspicions someone on here was responsible... Well if your listening Dapper its a really great site, keeps me updated with all the news stories, great job!

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Caramela77] #609870
08/04/11 06:27 PM
08/04/11 06:27 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
thanks everybody keep spreading the word and checking out the site!

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: GerryLang] #609880
08/04/11 08:52 PM
08/04/11 08:52 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: Gumad

I've read the type of accent you find on someone like Casso is becoming less and less common in Brooklyn, because of how diverse the neighborhoods become and all the transplants.

It depends. If your parents have it, relatives have it, etc... than you're definitely going to have it. Its definitely still prevalent

Some of those Casso tapes were hilarious as shit though, especially when he's yelling on half of 'em. When they asked him about the bypass gang I almost lost it; "THE BYPASS GANG?! YEAH ... WE'S USE'TA ROB THE BANKS... AND THE JEWLERY STORES"

I've heard two different things about the Amuso break out plan... one involved guards already being paid off and another involved the hijacking of a bus he was supposed to be on during a transfer. Regardless of whether or not Casso was going to kill him after it's obvious Amuso made the right choice. Both plans would have brought down so much heat and most likely (more) people ending up dead.

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Tyler_Durden] #609881
08/04/11 08:56 PM
08/04/11 08:56 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Durden
One thing about the Chiodo attempted murder that never made sense to me is that the alledged reason for it is Chiodo pleading guilty to the windows case,and Vic and Gas were worried that he might have turned rat.But didn't they have Carracapa who was high up in the OC taskforce for the NYPD as well as the FBI guy Casso alledgedly had on the payroll?Wouldn't they be able to find out if Chiodo was a rat or not?

It just doesn't fit.Either Chiodo had already made a deal and the FBI lied,or there must have been something else there...

I think it had more to do with the fact that Chiodo was pleading guilty rather than him being a potential rat. He wouldn't listen and plead not guilty. They figured it they might have a good chance to beat the case after they came back from being on the lam, once things started to get weeded out (Massino did the same thing in the early 80s and it worked for him). Chiodo, Casso, and Amuso were all listed in the same indictment, so if Chiodo pleads guilty of the same thing Amuso and Casso are charged with... that means by association (in Casso's eyes) the govt will think Casso and Amuso are guilty too and they won't have a shot at beating the case

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: tt120] #609895
08/05/11 04:30 AM
08/05/11 04:30 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
FREE CASSO. I mean hes said hes sorry that he only murdered 37 people,,and told the grieving familes in his thick brooklyn accent to..FUGGabout it ....

I saw a documentary on discovery and the one fromer luchesse associate said they were laughing at the way amuso dressed and acted like he was don corleone, one him and casso took over

Genovese Family."
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #609904
08/05/11 08:18 AM
08/05/11 08:18 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
FREE CASSO. I mean hes said hes sorry that he only murdered 37 people,,and told the grieving familes in his thick brooklyn accent to..FUGGabout it ....

I saw a documentary on discovery and the one fromer luchesse associate said they were laughing at the way amuso dressed and acted like he was don corleone, one him and casso took over

the one that was laughing was former acting boss al d'arco

Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Dapper_Don] #609934
08/05/11 02:24 PM
08/05/11 02:24 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
haha yeah your right...thats funny

The best is a gambino associate Sal_______ making fun of Gotti doing a documenatary saying... "He liked to talk tough.."this is ma brotha...this is ma cousin..You don't want to dump a body in a Ford because its an american car bad for the economy....put it in a a subaruuuuuuuuuu"" lol

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 08/05/11 02:28 PM.

Genovese Family."
Re: Amuso and Casso [Re: Dapper_Don] #609935
08/05/11 02:28 PM
08/05/11 02:28 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Dapper just checked out your site, I've checked that out before, didn't know it was yours, but great job, apperciate the information

Genovese Family."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull