GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (CleanBandit, Toodoped), 362 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,202
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,059,978
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MASSIVE HATRED #608771
07/22/11 05:31 PM
07/22/11 05:31 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
You know, people talk about the children or teenagers of today and how they lack any kind of manners and respect for others...their parents, teachers, classmates, you name it. It's worse now than it's ever been. But who is to blame? is anyone surprised that a 13 yrs old kid is being told every second (literally) on youtube to go kill herself and all kinds of other descriptions I better not write? should you be surprised or is that normal reaction online, simply because her song or video is very stupid? is there any reason to worry about this generation of youngsters, or do you think most of them are pretty normal?

Perhaps there's a difference between those who think it's just funny to call her Satan and stuff and those who truly think they HATE that girl....but either way they all visit her songs on youtube only for the sake of throwing another nasty comment. And then there's also those guys who send her death threats to her house, and that's when police gets invovled as well.

Rebecca Black, a 13 yrs old kid who had this dream of being a famous singer, is now the biggest boxing bag the world has ever seen. Her first song/video "Friday" was very silly, then it turned viral, and everyone just wanted to see this "worst song ever" and there you have it, over 200 millions viewers on youtube. But that didn't stop there. Millions simply kept on hitting the page day and night with endless nasty comments, because hey, it's a trend. Anyone can box and have fun. Biggest boxing bag in the world. Besides the comments, the more creative folks posted some funny remakes of the video, but of course many of those videos were also very offensive towards the girl. All that continued until one day the vid was taken off.

Few days ago, Rebecca launched her new YT channel alongside her new song "My Moment". Needless to say millions hit the dislike button automatically. It's quite better than "Friday" and there's really not much to hate about it, but people who told you to die last month are not likely to say anything else when they see your new vid. In fact, their boxing bag is back for round 2. What joy! they'll say "PLEASE JUST STOP", but between you and me, they LOVE to hate her.

This "hatred" is so ridiculous in the first place. What are the reasons to warrant such hatred? the reason is an innocent song, silly as it is, and a silly video to go along with it. So should this hatred be taken seriously? or do you think it's nothing to worry about? is this kind of cyber-bullying harmless? the girl said she cried at first, then she got over it, but is she the only one to worry about? what about those millions of attackers? they are the majority. I don't know for sure if they are all kids and teenagers, but I guess most are.

Just so you'll get the picture: in less than 3 days, the video was seen by 12 millions worldwide. Today I was there for one minute to see how it goes and get this: youtube told me after 1 minute that there are 60 new comments since I've enterd the page, a new comment each sec! so I went over the last pages quickly to check it out, and there was only 1 single comment which wasn't nasty in like 10 pages full of comments. They all seem pretty useless to me, but I guess that's how people vent...nevermind what they say about this 13 yr old girl...

Bin Laden was a sweetheart in comparison...

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608772
07/22/11 05:40 PM
07/22/11 05:40 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Normal? No, they're not normal. The anonymity of the internet has given them license to shred someone to pieces. Even when they know one another, like on Facebook or via text message, they are not face to face. It allows greater license to say or do things you wouldn't if you were in a room together.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608773
07/22/11 05:57 PM
07/22/11 05:57 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
I don't understand the collective bullying/hatred either. As bad as the Friday song is, I don't see the need to get on the web and rant about it. It's more likely to go away if everyone ignores it. Kids can be mean, but technology and the web allow bullying to reach levels never seen before.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Sicilian Babe] #608775
07/22/11 06:01 PM
07/22/11 06:01 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Normal? No, they're not normal. The anonymity of the internet has given them license to shred someone to pieces. Even when they know one another, like on Facebook or via text message, they are not face to face. It allows greater license to say or do things you wouldn't if you were in a room together.

You nailed it. People will type/write things they would NEVER say face to face.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608776
07/22/11 06:16 PM
07/22/11 06:16 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
People nowadays are so jaded and hateful for the most part. South Park recently did an episode where one of the characters hates on everything they do, every movie they watch and all the people they meet. It's even worst on the internet and YouTube. People don't take anything seriously and every comment has to be a big joke or make fun of something. People need to chill out a bit and get back to the basics of whats right and wrong. Things like TMZ are bad too, they basically hate on anyone semi famous they can. It's so cutthroat.

You talkin' to me?
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Blake] #608862
07/23/11 05:59 PM
07/23/11 05:59 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
The internet has opened up an avenue of expression that is quite unique. If you are going to post youself on that avenue, unfortunately you are going to be subject to every sphere of criticism there is - good and bad. The internet has no conscience, no judgement, no compassion. It is blunt. You have to deal with it.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: MaryCas] #608868
07/23/11 06:21 PM
07/23/11 06:21 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
It is amazing how down right mean some people can be isn't it?

As wonderful as the internet is (and by now who among us could do without it), it does create a wall between posters. You can be whoever you want to be and post whatever you want to post. Some people just don't care. frown

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608869
07/23/11 06:25 PM
07/23/11 06:25 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
True. It's the lack of accountability. Anonymity and the sheer volume of web material makes mincemeat out of libel laws.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608921
07/24/11 09:29 AM
07/24/11 09:29 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. I will keep it brief - promise. My beautiful daughter was bullied and tortured via electronic media starting at the end of junior high and most her high school years resulting in absolutely painful memories and lifelong estrangement from so called "BFF's". At the end of her junior year, a popular cheerleader with a boyfriend and all the trimmings hung herself in her bedroom closet. She was one of my daughter's best friends and biggest supporter through the worst of times. I will call this girl "Carly" for the sake of this story. It seems that "Carly's" Facebook was hacked by a bunch of little witches who posted horrible things that "Carly" was doing to other people behind their backs - including her boyfriend and family. For the record - all untrue hateful vulgar lies. "Carly" couldn't take it any more and committed suicide. It devastated many classmates including my daughter. This is the same thing that was done to my daughter 3 years prior to her MySpace page. It was hard but as a family we survived the small town BS. Fast forward to 2 years after high school graduation, my daughter is a 4.0 student in the honors college at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Mrs. Mark and I are so very proud of her as she has over come so much grief at only 20 years old. She wants nothing to do with this town, people or high school reunions in any way. She said they can all see her when she is on The Weather Channel in a couple of years! Sorry - I tried to keep it brief but I thought it a story worth telling. Thank you for listening.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608926
07/24/11 10:15 AM
07/24/11 10:15 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Mark,
Your story needs to be told, maybe even broadcast. My daughter was a teacher, before the twins arrived and she would tell us constantly of the bullying and her disdain for it. It's a complex problem and schools are trying to deal with it. Use of the internet and social networking excascerbates (sp.) the problem. Thank God your daughter had the inner strength and conviction to rise above it.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608930
07/24/11 10:54 AM
07/24/11 10:54 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
MC, thank you for the kind words. We know each other from PM's and you know my faith in Him and His power. Believe me - we absolutely thank God every day that our daughter is still with us and thriving in her life and education. My wife and I have seen first hand what happens to parents after such heart break. "Carly's" parents were never the same and a sad foot note to that story is that her mother passed away last summer and we all believe it was indeed from a broken heart. She wasn't even 50 years old yet. We see "Carly's" dad from time to time and it is such a sad sight to see a shell of a man destroyed and trying to live day by day. His pain is evident when you really look into his eyes. My message to all is to choose your words, deeds and actions carefully every second of every day (A valuable lesson taught to me by my better half!). Life is so fragile and our children are watching how we act and react to all those crazy twists and crazy people that life throws our way. My opinion is that kids that act in this hateful demeanor learn it right at home. I know there are exceptions but I'm sure Mrs. MC would agree that the "bullies" are bred domestically being the rule not the exception. I'm sure she sees heart break every day in her line of work. Love up on those twins today, MC!

BTW - another great thought provoking thread started by the one and only Fame!

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Mark] #608932
07/24/11 11:54 AM
07/24/11 11:54 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Mark

That truly is a heartbreaking story. It is so sad that this bullying exists, and with the internet I fear will increase. I can only imagine what Carly's parents were going thru and the way you described her father and what he is going through losing a daughter and a wife makes my heart go out to him. frown

All of us need to be aware of this, and for those who have young/teen children reach out to them and make sure this is not happening to them. I am sure you did all you could to assist your daughter and help her thru this agonizing experience. Being there is so important.

And yes, Fame certainly does get us thinking and talking about very important issues like this. God bless him. wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608945
07/24/11 01:06 PM
07/24/11 01:06 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Thanks, IS your words are comforting indeed. I give full credit to Mrs. Mark for staying up all hours of the night and sleeping with my daughter night after night as she cried herself to sleep. Sorry to get so deep here but some people truly do not realize how some kids' thoughtlessness and cruel actions shake families to the core. I can't tell you how many times I was leaving for a 12 hour day @ 4 a.m. only to meet my wife coming to bed exhausted and spent. Thanks again for the electronic shoulder to vent upon. smile

Last edited by Mark; 07/24/11 01:07 PM.
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Mark] #608947
07/24/11 01:34 PM
07/24/11 01:34 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
It's a crying shame that bullying is going on these days. I thought I had it rough in school. It is comforting to know that you and your wife jumped on this and helped out your baby girl. Some parents don't give a damn.

I like how your daughter said she can't wait for them to see her on tv. That is a sweet form of revenge. Having those jerks that made her life miserable see how wonderful she turned out.

My heart goes out to Carly's Dad.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608948
07/24/11 01:51 PM
07/24/11 01:51 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Thanks, Mig, it is appreciated.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Mark] #608956
07/24/11 02:54 PM
07/24/11 02:54 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
bullying is probably one of the worst things a kid has to go through, and i should know since i was bullied as well. one thing that pisses me off when it comes to bullying is that the school systems most of the time does nothing to stop it. at least in my former school district they done nothing to stop it.

and, mark that story is something that should be told to every student in this country. at least it might get through with some kids.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #608965
07/24/11 03:43 PM
07/24/11 03:43 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Of course the schools do nothing. What else is new? Our school district has a "zero tolerance" policy when it comes to bullying. My daughter and her best friend were so bullied in middle school that her friend's parents were going to transfer her to private school. The little girl wouldn't go, because she told her mother that if she were gone, the bullies would destroy my daughter.

The bullying became so damaging that the other mom and I called the school and made an appointment to meet with the assistant principal who was in charge of discipline. We took the morning off from work, but when we got to the school, the assistant principal wasn't even there! He had gone to an off-site meeting of some sort. The woman behind the desk in the office told us we would have to come back another day. Obviously that "zero tolerance" thing was open to interpretation!

We refused to leave the school until someone met with us to discuss the situation. We finally got in to see the principal. He listened sympathetically and afterwards the bullying lightened up a bit.

And as an FYI, that bully was expelled a few years later for drugs in her locker. I guess that "zero tolerance" policy is enforced.

Bullying is not taken seriously enough. People feel that there have always been bullies, but they don't understand how it has changed. Kids have been bullied with pictures or videos from camera phones that are spread like wildfire. They are bullied like Mark's daughter, through social networking sites. Bullying has always been a horrible experience, but it's a million times worse now.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Sicilian Babe] #608967
07/24/11 05:12 PM
07/24/11 05:12 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
One little used expedient would be to file a suit for damages or possibly a criminal action in a justice of the peace court. It costs little to file and you, the petitioner, don't need a an attorney. As the number of such petitions grows, it sends a message to lawmakers.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: olivant] #609003
07/25/11 03:23 AM
07/25/11 03:23 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
When my Daughter was in Middle school she was bullied by 3 girls. They threatened her at school and at the bus stop. I told her to tell the teacher. The teacher who is the same race as those three girls did nothing for my Daughter. We told her to go to the principal. He did nothing. Like SB, I had to go to the school and raise holy hell. I told them I would take legal action against the principal,teacher and the school board if nothing was done to resolve this. That did the trick. The next school year those three girls and my daughter were friends.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #609010
07/25/11 08:50 AM
07/25/11 08:50 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Bam, SB & Mig - touching stories all. I agree that it is much worse today than back in the day. SB & Mig - I hope your daughters are doing well today and have thrived in their lives. SB - your daughter had a true friend not to bail. That was very brave. Remember, that does not kill us makes us stronger! Bam - what did you expect?!? All Cubs fans are begging to be bullied! wink I'm just kidding of course! As a guy, I guess to a certain extent, I bullied a bit myself but I don't truly know the impact it had and how those guys are today. I hope it is all good. We can't change yesterday but we can take lessons learned go forward and try to make our part of the world better one day at a time. Isn't it a shame that the only word school administrators hear is "lawsuit"? What a thread - wow.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Mark] #609027
07/25/11 02:17 PM
07/25/11 02:17 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Yes Mark, my sailor friend Becky is great. I'm just hoping that her and her husband will give me a grandbaby one day. Thanks!!

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #609138
07/26/11 04:11 PM
07/26/11 04:11 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
msnbc.com updated 2 hours 16 minutes ago 2011-07-26T17:49:48

Conservative commentator Glenn Beck compared the victims of the shooting spree at a Norway summer camp to Nazi's youth movement, drawing international ire.

"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth, or whatever," Beck said on his radio show Monday, which is broadcast on more than 400 stations.

"I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," Beck said about the Labour Party youth camp on the island of Utoya where 68 people, mostly teens, were killed.

Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #611661
08/19/11 05:56 PM
08/19/11 05:56 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Thanx Mark and everyone for your stories, and for your two cents.

And BTW, it's still going on as we speak. This thing with online flaming and Rebecca Black, it's more of a trend than real hatred. Even hatred is now without reason. The reason "she can't sing" is all you need to get it going. It's simply hatred for the sake of hating. These kids just go back there again and again just to say how much they hate her. I wonder what's so fun about it.

You can always say that people just need to grow some skin, and that complainig is being self-righteous, but these kids are too young to understand, perhaps. Will they ever learn that their behaviour is wrong? how will they learn it, when bullying is now practiced by almost everyone?

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: MASSIVE HATRED [Re: Fame] #611681
08/19/11 07:34 PM
08/19/11 07:34 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Amen, Fame. As I grow older, I am softening tremendously. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and react with compassion and understanding to everyone I encounter. It breaks my heart to see how callous and cruel society has become.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull