GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Evita, Havana, 1 invisible), 69 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,178
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,893
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? #606820
07/02/11 11:20 PM
07/02/11 11:20 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
I know many on this board say they are dormant but this article claims otherwise.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/06/24/organized-crime-in-detroit-forgotten-but-not-gone/

thoughts?

Thank you for your time

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606823
07/03/11 12:21 AM
07/03/11 12:21 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
my thoughts is yes. on a large scale no......i believe the last major indictment against the detroit partnership was in 96 not that long ago we know for sure they were still fairly active if they were being indicted. Jack Tocco is named the current boss. Ive been told and read that they may have somewhere bewteen 20 and 30 made members making them prob the smallest semi active family around. so IMHO i wouldn't call them dormant.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: phatmatress] #606835
07/03/11 05:47 AM
07/03/11 05:47 AM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
Originally Posted By: phatmatress
my thoughts is yes. on a large scale no......i believe the last major indictment against the detroit partnership was in 96 not that long ago we know for sure they were still fairly active if they were being indicted. Jack Tocco is named the current boss. Ive been told and read that they may have somewhere bewteen 20 and 30 made members making them prob the smallest semi active family around. so IMHO i wouldn't call them dormant.
with only 446 posts I dont think you`re qualified to speak on this matter

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606840
07/03/11 11:48 AM
07/03/11 11:48 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
how old are you 13? 14? like seriously people are coming here to discuss and share knowledge. and socialize. not here to bicker like young children. honestly let it die dude. your gonna get banned.

Last edited by phatmatress; 07/03/11 11:50 AM. Reason: i need to a be a nicer person

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606845
07/03/11 01:47 PM
07/03/11 01:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

That article was written by Scott Burnstein, who posts over on the Real Deal. I suppose it depends on how you define both "active" and "family."

Activity? The last significant bust involving the Detroit mob was back in 2006. Mainly a gambling and loansharking case. Then you have to go back 10 years to 1996 when Tocco and a bunch of other guys were rounded up.

Family? Scott believes there is 40-50 members there. I have to disagree for any number of reasons. First, the families in New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Chicago each have about 50 members but far more activity than Detroit. And I don't buy the argument that Detroit has found a way to avoid law enforcement detection while every other family hasn't. Second, in 1996 the max estimate what 30 members there. It's highly unlikely that a family like Detroit could increase that much in size over the past 15 years. Scott cites rumors about a couple of making ceremonies in recent years but it's not much to go on.

When judging which families are still viable, I choose to use the RICO standard - an ongoing pattern of crimes conducted in behalf of an organization. In my view, Detroit doesn't meet that standard anymore.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606846
07/03/11 01:56 PM
07/03/11 01:56 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
but still if they are bookmaking and gambling wouldn't they have to be some sort of active.....? i mean active on a tiny scale but still active!

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: phatmatress] #606849
07/03/11 02:39 PM
07/03/11 02:39 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

but still if they are bookmaking and gambling wouldn't they have to be some sort of active.....? i mean active on a tiny scale but still active!

Sure. I don't think Detroit is as big or operating on the level Scott says but one could certainly make that argument.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: IvyLeague] #606851
07/03/11 03:09 PM
07/03/11 03:09 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
That article was written by Scott Burnstein, who posts over on the Real Deal. I suppose it depends on how you define both "active" and "family."

Activity? The last significant bust involving the Detroit mob was back in 2006. Mainly a gambling and loansharking case. Then you have to go back 10 years to 1996 when Tocco and a bunch of other guys were rounded up.

Family? Scott believes there is 40-50 members there. I have to disagree for any number of reasons. First, the families in New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Chicago each have about 50 members but far more activity than Detroit. And I don't buy the argument that Detroit has found a way to avoid law enforcement detection while every other family hasn't. Second, in 1996 the max estimate what 30 members there. It's highly unlikely that a family like Detroit could increase that much in size over the past 15 years. Scott cites rumors about a couple of making ceremonies in recent years but it's not much to go on.

When judging which families are still viable, I choose to use the RICO standard - an ongoing pattern of crimes conducted in behalf of an organization. In my view, Detroit doesn't meet that standard anymore.

While I usually agree with Ivy's post I have to disagree with the assumption that because there are not as many arrests as being proof of less criminal activity. Do you really think all criminals have the same intelligence base and are equal in terms of being able to avoid prosecution? Do you really think all law enforcement agency's and the people in charge of them are all equal in intelligence and ability? Just as with any other job and regardless of if you or on the law enforcement side or the criminal side, some people are much better at doing there job than others. The lack of arrests could easily mean the Detroit mafioso are better at avoiding detection, or it could mean that the Detroit law enforcement agents are simply not as good as the ones in NY or Chicago, or that the person in charge wants to focus resources on other criminal elements such as street gangs rather than on senior citizen mafioso. Are all lawyers and detectives equal in ability? Despite what politicians might tell you men are NOT created equal. Another factor one has to look at is where the resources of local law enforcement are allocated. If I am not mistaken Detroit has one of the highest murder rates in the USA and has a very high amount of gang activity which would demand more attention from law enforcement than say a place like Providence.

If there were 30-40 cities with active OC Families it would be much easier to draw a median and make assumptions based on average but there are what 5-6 North American Cities with OC families? I'm sure all the active families have different strengths and weaknesses and perhaps in comparison to the other families, Detroit has figured out a way to avoid detection by law enforcement that the others have overlooked, at least for the time being.

Of course this is all speculation and is in no way meant to be disrespectful towards Ivy

Last edited by Mussolini14; 07/03/11 03:43 PM.
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606855
07/03/11 04:43 PM
07/03/11 04:43 PM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
Scott Burnstein knows his stuff Detroit has a Street Boss in Bettween the Admin and Capos which adds an extra layer of protection also Tocco has a college education probably the only LCN BOSS, lives in one of the most corrupt crime ridden cities in America. Did I mention the leftist One Party system
that allows Machine Politics to exist. Once u have A one party state the sky is the limit We saw this with clinton in arkansas, Prendergast in missouri, Tammany Hall in NY etc
So I would say that they`ve got plenty more to work with in detroit and it`s definatly a unique situation for any LCN family. not to mention that there is a tight intermarriage and family component to the family and its the only LCN family that is currently run by a descendant of the founder(his son) with the same last name. Plus He`s an avid Freemason (high Degree i hear) also he own`s through a front, THE local Golf And Country Club.

Last edited by ONTARIO613; 07/03/11 04:46 PM.
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606858
07/03/11 05:05 PM
07/03/11 05:05 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
.. If I am not mistaken Detroit has one of the highest murder rates in the USA and has a very high amount of gang activity which would demand more attention from law enforcement than say a place like Providence.

Detroit has figured out a way to avoid detection by law enforcement that the others have overlooked, at least for the time being.

I have no strong opinion on the number of formal members of what remains of the Detroit Family. In some very real aspects I don't think it matters so much to the victim of an extortion as to whether the criminal doing the deed has gotten his varsity letter or not.

But the point about non-Mafia violence in Detroit proper and some surrounding areas is an excellent one. It's not even gang violence so much as it is just stupid people with guns. In any event this keeps local Detroit police very very busy.

There's also enough non-mob corruption and theft in SE Michigan that I think the FBI would be kept busy investigating/prosecuting that. You combine that with a local (small) mob family that has always kept its head down, compared to the East Coast organizations, and it's not too surprising that to the extent they still exist as a formal organization, there's not a tremendous level of federal interest.

This is not to say they don't still have interests. A few of the local waste disposal/towing companies have some rather interesting back stories.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606864
07/03/11 05:40 PM
07/03/11 05:40 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

While I usually agree with Ivy's post I have to disagree with the assumption that because there are not as many arrests as being proof of less criminal activity.

How do we measure mob activity in a certain area? Articles, news stories, government reports, hell, even anecdotal accounts by people on the internet have their place. But for my money, the strongest indicator is indictments. Why? Indictments are a result of law enforcement attention, which in turn is a result of the level of activity of a family. It's pretty simple...

Little activity = Little LE attention = Few Indictments

More activity = More LE attention = More Indictments

And the indictments over the past decade have proven this. The most is in New York, followed by smaller families in New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Chicago. Then very little elsewhere.

Has Detroit somehow managed to avoid law enforcement scrutiny simply because they're smarter than everyone else? I'd say there's less law enforcement scrutiny because the mob in Detroit isn't as big or operates on the level some believe it still does.

But hey, maybe I'm way off and the Milwaukee family has perfected evasion of law enforcement since there's been no significant activity there since the 1980's.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/03/11 05:41 PM.

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606866
07/03/11 06:03 PM
07/03/11 06:03 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
I've always been curious about the Detroit Partnership. I know their real heyday was during the 70's; anyone remember Tony Giacalone?

One thing about Detroit, it's the union capital of the world. Makes New York look like fascist Italy. And yet one hears very little regarding the Detroit Partnership and union corruption, unlike such as the case in New York, the king of mob, union corruption. Makes you think, I know the Tocco's are very wealthy, but is/was the family ever that powerful?

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: IvyLeague] #606869
07/03/11 06:21 PM
07/03/11 06:21 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
But hey, maybe I'm way off and the Milwaukee family has perfected evasion of law enforcement since there's been no significant activity there since the 1980's.

I don't think the chances are very high, but you never know with tight knit groups like that. Tocco is one of the most politically connected wiseguys in America. I'd say that fact alone makes the Detroit family a fairly powerful unit. Of course, the man could very well be retired and doesn't want anything to do with anything. Maybe we'll find out some day.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: IvyLeague] #606870
07/03/11 07:10 PM
07/03/11 07:10 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
While I usually agree with Ivy's post I have to disagree with the assumption that because there are not as many arrests as being proof of less criminal activity.

How do we measure mob activity in a certain area? Articles, news stories, government reports, hell, even anecdotal accounts by people on the internet have their place. But for my money, the strongest indicator is indictments. Why? Indictments are a result of law enforcement attention, which in turn is a result of the level of activity of a family. It's pretty simple...

Little activity = Little LE attention = Few Indictments

More activity = More LE attention = More Indictments

And the indictments over the past decade have proven this. The most is in New York, followed by smaller families in New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Chicago. Then very little elsewhere.

Has Detroit somehow managed to avoid law enforcement scrutiny simply because they're smarter than everyone else? I'd say there's less law enforcement scrutiny because the mob in Detroit isn't as big or operates on the level some believe it still does.

All it takes is for the guy who calls the shots to say " you know what, I feel street gangs, and drug dealing is the biggest threat to the public so I am going to allocate the majority of our resources to fight that element" and immediately you have a recipe for less indictments involving the mob. Combine that with Tocco education and political connections and that could very well explain the lack of mob indictments for the Detroit LCN family. Of course the other explanation could be they are in fact dormant or extinct. The point is lack of indictments does not in any way mean lack of crime. By that same logic Tony Accardo and Carlo Gambino must have been less involved and lower in rank that Rusty Rastelli because Accardo and Gambino never spent a day in jail, whereas Rastelli was indicted numerous times and spent half his adult life in the can. As a matter of fact, Gambino must have been a law abiding citizen who was unfairly stereotyped for his Italian heritage because if he really was a godfather surely he would have been indicted more and done some time.

I'm no expert on crime but I don't think Milwaukee compares to Detroit in terms of gangs and violence.

Furthermore there were mob related indictment as recently as 2006 and Detroit still has a relativity tight nit Italian community and a little Italy, unlike Milwaukee.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 07/03/11 07:22 PM.
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606871
07/03/11 07:23 PM
07/03/11 07:23 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
If Detroit still has a viable crime family left, shouldn't there be tape recordings of wiseguys in New York talking about things related to Detroit?

New York and Detroit always maintained close ties over the years, no?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Sonny_Black] #606872
07/03/11 07:54 PM
07/03/11 07:54 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

New York and Detroit always maintained close ties over the years, no?

Because of Joe Zerilli, the Detroit family had a close relationship with the five families and that was strengthened when Hoffa came to power. It's easy to connect Anthony Giacalone to Anthony Provenzano. Johnny Dio also had a strong presence in Detroit, mainly because of Hoffa. Things have changed very much since that time and I doubt very much New York has any connection to Detroit these days. It would surprise me.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606873
07/03/11 08:32 PM
07/03/11 08:32 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Furthermore there were mob related indictment as recently as 2006 and Detroit still has a relativity tight nit Italian community and a little Italy, unlike Milwaukee.

Eh? Can you explain what you're referring to here? There's no longer a Little Italy area within Detroit proper. Detroit has about a 10% Caucasian population, most of whom are "Anglos" descended from people who moved up from the South, a few "hipsters" and Middle Easterners. There are likely still some Italians but most have assimilated and/or moved out to the suburbs long ago.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: ONTARIO613] #606874
07/03/11 09:23 PM
07/03/11 09:23 PM
New Joisy and Naples
Gumad Offline
Button
Gumad  Offline
Button
New Joisy and Naples
Originally Posted By: ONTARIO613
with only 446 posts I dont think you`re qualified to speak on this matter

And with 90 posts what does that make you??? Kindergarden kop?

Touch my stuff.....I kill ya
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Lilo] #606877
07/03/11 10:21 PM
07/03/11 10:21 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Eh? Can you explain what you're referring to here? There's no longer a Little Italy area within Detroit proper. Detroit has about a 10% Caucasian population, most of whom are "Anglos" descended from people who moved up from the South, a few "hipsters" and Middle Easterners. There are likely still some Italians but most have assimilated and/or moved out to the suburbs long ago.

Sorry I stand corrected. I just remember whenever I cross the US border seeing many yards with Italian flags but upon further investigation it is Niagara Falls I am thinking of an not Windsor/Detroit. According to the article there were indictments in 2006 though.

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Nicholas] #606880
07/03/11 10:25 PM
07/03/11 10:25 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
I've always been curious about the Detroit Partnership. I know their real heyday was during the 70's; anyone remember Tony Giacalone?

Makes you think, I know the Tocco's are very wealthy, but is/was the family ever that powerful?
at one point in time they were. pretty much all because of hoffa.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606881
07/03/11 10:50 PM
07/03/11 10:50 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

All it takes is for the guy who calls the shots to say " you know what, I feel street gangs, and drug dealing is the biggest threat to the public so I am going to allocate the majority of our resources to fight that element" and immediately you have a recipe for less indictments involving the mob.

Exactly. The bookies and loansharks that mostly make up what's left of the Detroit mob isn't a big investigative priority.

Quote:
Of course the other explanation could be they are in fact dormant or extinct. The point is lack of indictments does not in any way mean lack of crime.

How much time would have to pass without any evidence of significant activity before you wrote the family off?

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: IvyLeague] #606884
07/03/11 11:27 PM
07/03/11 11:27 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
All it takes is for the guy who calls the shots to say " you know what, I feel street gangs, and drug dealing is the biggest threat to the public so I am going to allocate the majority of our resources to fight that element" and immediately you have a recipe for less indictments involving the mob.

Exactly. The bookies and loansharks that mostly make up what's left of the Detroit mob isn't a big investigative priority.

Quote:
Of course the other explanation could be they are in fact dormant or extinct. The point is lack of indictments does not in any way mean lack of crime.

How much time would have to pass without any evidence of significant activity before you wrote the family off?

That's a good question Ivy, I'm really not sure. What do you think? The last indictment was in 2006, at least according to the article in the OP.

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606887
07/03/11 11:44 PM
07/03/11 11:44 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
well look at the buffalino crime family....barely anything outta them so should we write them off? i really don't believe that lack of indictments and arrests means there's no crime going on or activity. going back to the orginal question here....i think it is safe to call the detroit partnership non dormant.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606892
07/04/11 12:20 AM
07/04/11 12:20 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

That's a good question Ivy, I'm really not sure. What do you think? The last indictment was in 2006, at least according to the article in the OP.

There was the big bust in 1996...15 years ago. Then a smaller bust in 2006...5 years ago. So that's 2 significant cases over the past 15 years. Then, if you want, you can throw in a 2009 case where some guys with ties to the family (Mitchel Karam, Ghazzi Mani, etc.) were arrested in a point shaving scheme. Or Giuseppe and Girolamo D'Anna beating up a rival restaurant owner earlier this year.

The point being, the level of discernible mob activity in Detroit - or lack thereof - is more comparable to places like Buffalo or Kansas City than it is Chicago or Philadelphia.

Originally Posted By: phatmatress"
well look at the buffalino crime family....barely anything outta them so should we write them off? i really don't believe that lack of indictments and arrests means there's no crime going on or activity. going back to the orginal question here....i think it is safe to call the detroit partnership non dormant.

The Bufalinos? D'Elia was supposedly the last member left. They are long gone. And nobody said what's left of the mob in Detroit is dormant. Just that it isn't as big or as active as some believe it to be.

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: IvyLeague] #606893
07/04/11 12:29 AM
07/04/11 12:29 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa

The point being, the level of discernible mob activity in Detroit - or lack thereof - is more comparable to places like Buffalo or Kansas City than it is Chicago or Philadelphia.

i think thats all the further we can take this topic lol detroit is still somewhat active on a very small scale....watch tommrow the partnership will have huge indictments tommrow morning just to show us lol

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606910
07/04/11 02:49 PM
07/04/11 02:49 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i think ivyleague is right
sure the feds today don't pay so much attention to small family in detroit buffalo etc. but in the 80s when the whole lcn was under radar they did and according to police reports detroit had 30 members or so in the late 80s and there is not any reason to think it's stronger today
the states are not like italy where a mafia family can become stronger in just a few years because they have tons of manpower
how many italians are living actually in detroit? i don't think so many
new york is another history i heard place like staten island have 250.000 italians living there 50% of local population

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606914
07/04/11 03:56 PM
07/04/11 03:56 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I think Detroit is now probably a "glorified crew". wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: m2w] #606943
07/04/11 11:49 PM
07/04/11 11:49 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: m2w
i think ivyleague is right
sure the feds today don't pay so much attention to small family in detroit buffalo etc. but in the 80s when the whole lcn was under radar they did and according to police reports detroit had 30 members or so in the late 80s and there is not any reason to think it's stronger today
the states are not like italy where a mafia family can become stronger in just a few years because they have tons of manpower
how many italians are living actually in detroit? i don't think so many
new york is another history i heard place like staten island have 250.000 italians living there 50% of local population

What other places besides NY have a relatively high population of Italians?

Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #606948
07/05/11 12:28 AM
07/05/11 12:28 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa

What other places besides NY have a relatively high population of Italians?

Baltimore, Maryland; Boston, Massachusetts (the "North End"); Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Providence, Rhode Island; St. Louis, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois; Cleveland, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; and Kansas City, Missouri. New Orleans, Louisiana

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Is there still an active mafia family in Detroit? [Re: Mussolini14] #608518
07/20/11 09:59 AM
07/20/11 09:59 AM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
YES. MOST DEFINATELY. IVY LEAGUE (AKA...wiseguy) IS GROSSLY UNDERESTIMATING THE MOTOR CITY BOYS -as usual. SCOTT B. IS DEAD ON ACCURATE. PERIOD.

Last edited by SilentPartnerz; 07/20/11 10:00 AM.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull