GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (mr_white, 1 invisible), 300 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,203
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,059,990
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo #606406
06/27/11 06:29 PM
06/27/11 06:29 PM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline OP
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline OP
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
Back in the days of frank costello it was known that political protection and contacts were neccessary. Now its much harder to spot but I noticed something lately see in the family secrets trial it was revealed that Outfit Boss John No nose Difronzo was present and participated in the spilotro brothers murders yet he wasnt charged or put on trial like the others. Then I found out that the Governor of Illinois at that time was Rod Blagoyevich who today was found guilty on 17 of 20 counts of corruption. It turns out that Rod used to be a major outfit bookie on the northside and was likely maneuvered into power by the outfit who Difronzo was boss of at the time and still is, and in turn kept his name off the indictment. Seems like a classic case of political protection.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606407
06/27/11 06:40 PM
06/27/11 06:40 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
r u serious?

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606408
06/27/11 07:32 PM
06/27/11 07:32 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
There seems to be a few guys out there who do have some political power and from what I've heard, DiFronzo could very well be in that category. It is true that Blago was a big time bookie and it wouldn't surprise me if he did indeed work for the Outfit. This guy is as rotten as they come. He's facing a very long time in prison.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606411
06/27/11 08:29 PM
06/27/11 08:29 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606412
06/27/11 08:32 PM
06/27/11 08:32 PM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline OP
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline OP
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
He worked under Robert "Bobby the Boxer" Abbinanti as a bookmaker in the northside. also Chris Kelly Blagojevich's former campaign manager top fundraiser and close friend, has agreed to plead guilty to tax fraud for failing to report $1.3 million in income from sports betting.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606416
06/27/11 09:12 PM
06/27/11 09:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Uh, no. DiFronzo not being indicted in the case has nothing to do with political protection. If there's one thing that has been overrated by many on these forums, it's the Chicago Outfit's level of modern day political clout. There is certainly still some local corruption but not on the scale where they could be protected against a federal indictment. If so, where was the political protection for other people charged? At least Lombardo and Marcello? It was because they were each charged with additional crimes besides the lone accusation by Nick Calabrese of being at the scene of the Spiolotro murders.

I should also add that Chicago has always had a culture of corruption. The mistake people make is assuming it all revolves around the Outfit or that the Outfit is the one that is pulling all the strings. And because of the history of the Outfit, which did have extensive political connections and a more casual structure involving members and associates, it gives some today the feeling that they can make any connection they want between the mob and a case of corruption.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/27/11 09:15 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606420
06/27/11 09:41 PM
06/27/11 09:41 PM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline OP
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline OP
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
All these facts you mention IVY LEAGUE, I already knew them when I came to this opinion and thats what it is I do not state it as fact it is my opinion. That said I agree with you that the Outfit and Blagojevitch are small potatoes compared to to the corrupt political machine that runs chicago I mean Obama, Rahm Emanuel, Bank of America, Bankruptcy court racket , The 6th circuit court of appeals, the graft chicago is notoriously corrupt, I see the bigger picture and Blagojevitch, Marcello,Calabrese, are pawns but Difronzo has a little more juice IMHO. An eyeball witness to a murder like Nick calabrese could have sunk difronzo or at least put him out of commision for 3 years without bail and with the FBI they always take what they can get so IMHO Difronzo had a Guardian Angel or at least a favour to call in to not be indicted.I`m not saying the Outfit as a whole gets protection but John Difronzo who is boss of the oufit amongst other things(Freemasonry,Family holdings, payoffs and political contributions) has political protection for himself IMHO

Last edited by ONTARIO613; 06/27/11 09:47 PM.
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606422
06/27/11 09:49 PM
06/27/11 09:49 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
I think very few people think that the majority of corruption cases in Chicago can be directly tied to the Outfit. Everyone knows the mob is a joke today and every time somebody stresses that fact, they think they're giving us some groundbreaking news. However, we do know that Blagojevich was a bookie who did work with people who were connected to the Chicago Outfit. I don't know if he really paid tribute to them as some have claimed, but it wouldn't surprise me. What people fail to realize, especially the ones who love to talk about how weak and dysfunctional the mob has become, is that it really doesn't take much to be politically connected. Your family can be in a thousand pieces with rats in every crew. All you need is one guy who knows one guy. If some associate in the Colombo family is on good terms with someone highly influential in the New York State Senate and this is a person who is willing to grant favors for money and other services, you then have serious political power. Maybe this is the case with DiFronzo. We don't know, but the possibilities are endless.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #606427
06/27/11 10:02 PM
06/27/11 10:02 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
I think very few people think that the majority of corruption cases in Chicago can be directly tied to the Outfit. Everyone knows the mob is a joke today and every time somebody stresses that fact, they think they're giving us some groundbreaking news. However, we do know that Blagojevich was a bookie who did work with people who were connected to the Chicago Outfit. I don't know if he really paid tribute to them as some have claimed, but it wouldn't surprise me. What people fail to realize, especially the ones who love to talk about how weak and dysfunctional the mob has become, is that it really doesn't take much to be politically connected. Your family can be in a thousand pieces with rats in every crew. All you need is one guy who knows one guy. If some associate in the Colombo family is on good terms with someone highly influential in the New York State Senate and this is a person who is willing to grant favors for money and other services, you then have serious political power. Maybe this is the case with DiFronzo. We don't know, but the possibilities are endless.

I agree Vinny. While some greatly over estimate the power of the Outfit and the mob in general, by that same token many people seem to over estimate the difficulty to gain political protection and power through corruption. To gain a political favor doesn't necessarily mean dozens of people will have to be paid off or turn a blind eye; as Vinny said all it takes is one guy who knows a guy in a powerful spot who is willing to take a bribe. I don't know enough about the situation in question to have a valid opinion but it sure wouldn't surprise me to learn that the leader of the most powerful crime syndicate in Chicago had some political favors done for him by someone with as much political power as a Governor who has been proven to be corrupt. Would it really shock you to learn that the corrupt Governor of Illinois pulled some strings to help out the most powerful criminal in his state?

Last edited by Mussolini14; 06/27/11 10:08 PM.
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606429
06/27/11 10:05 PM
06/27/11 10:05 PM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline OP
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline OP
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
it gives some today the feeling that they can make any connection they want between the mob and a case of corruption.

So what your saying is that not only is my theory wrong but the idea of posting a personal theory for discussion is also wrong. So everything should be from a scholarly source and maybe I should but a Bibliography at the end of my posts.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606437
06/27/11 10:29 PM
06/27/11 10:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: ONTARIO613
All these facts you mention IVY LEAGUE, I already knew them when I came to this opinion and thats what it is I do not state it as fact it is my opinion. That said I agree with you that the Outfit and Blagojevitch are small potatoes compared to to the corrupt political machine that runs chicago I mean Obama, Rahm Emanuel, Bank of America, Bankruptcy court racket , The 6th circuit court of appeals, the graft chicago is notoriously corrupt, I see the bigger picture and Blagojevitch, Marcello,Calabrese, are pawns but Difronzo has a little more juice IMHO. An eyeball witness to a murder like Nick calabrese could have sunk difronzo or at least put him out of commision for 3 years without bail and with the FBI they always take what they can get so IMHO Difronzo had a Guardian Angel or at least a favour to call in to not be indicted.I`m not saying the Outfit as a whole gets protection but John Difronzo who is boss of the oufit amongst other things(Freemasonry,Family holdings, payoffs and political contributions) has political protection for himself IMHO

There's no mob boss today that has the political juice to influence things at the federal level. As for the Outfit's clout today, influencing things in order to get a win a bid on a state contract or bribing local cops to leave sports betting or video poker machines alone is one thing. Protecting the top guy from a murder indictment by the Justice Department is something else. If the feds felt they had enough to indict DiFronzo, they would. And I'd think both his day, as well as Andriacchi's, is coming.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/27/11 10:35 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #606438
06/27/11 10:32 PM
06/27/11 10:32 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You'd be surprised what some people on forums believe. Not only about the current political pull of the Chicago Outfit, but also the very existence of families around the country.

Blago is a good example of where people start trying to connect the dots and end up God knows where. He was supposedly a mob bookie back in the day, and he eventually became governor, so that must mean ________________ .

Hell, why stop there. Our current President is from Chicago....

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606441
06/27/11 10:58 PM
06/27/11 10:58 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
I think Ivy is right on the mark. The Outfit does not have near the corruptive power it once had. At one time, the Outfit controlled Cicero politics and a good chunk of Chicago. That slowly changed and was largely over with in the 70's and 80's. The case of Harry Aleman and the Outfit paying off a judge in a murder case was in1972. The family secrets case enlightened us to one Marshall and another Cop, I believe

As a result, as Ivy suggests, people start connecting dots whenever there is political corruption in Chicago or Cook County. The dots do not always lead to the Outfit.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606442
06/27/11 11:06 PM
06/27/11 11:06 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

For the record, I wasn't trying to bite anyone's head off. The topic of the Outfit, including it's modern day political influence, is just one of those long-debated ones that have come up again and again over on the Real Deal forum. There really are more than a few people, most of them from Chicago not coincidentally, that seem to still envision the Outfit of at least the 1970's, if not before. And God help you if you disagree with their hometown crime family. Getting into debates with them is almost as bad as getting into debates with Albanian posters about Albanian OC. And I'm not insinuating Ontario is either one of these.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/27/11 11:07 PM.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606443
06/27/11 11:27 PM
06/27/11 11:27 PM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline OP
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline OP
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
When they charged rizzuto in the 3 captains murder in 2004 Vitale was the only eyeball witness( at the time) and the fact that he could be placed in NYC the day after. Rizzuto was charged with 1 count of racketeer murder and nothing else like the Bonannos he was charged with. Difronzo on the other hand had one eyeball witness and could be placed in chicago area that day of the spilotro brothers murder so why not go after him on the one murder(actually two) as well I believe They could have. Marcello was only convicted in one murder. I believe there was political intervention.

Last edited by ONTARIO613; 06/27/11 11:29 PM.
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606447
06/27/11 11:48 PM
06/27/11 11:48 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss

You'd be surprised what some people on forums believe. Not only about the current political pull of the Chicago Outfit, but also the very existence of families around the country.

Blago is a good example of where people start trying to connect the dots and end up God knows where. He was supposedly a mob bookie back in the day, and he eventually became governor, so that must mean ________________ .

Nobody is saying Blagojevich belongs to the Outfit or answers directly to John DiFronzo. Nobody knows that and I personally doubt that very much, but once you are able to establish a connection between two guys, questions will be raised and they'll be raised on legitimate grounds. Just because the Chicago Outfit is more of a joke than the Mormons down in Utah, it doesn't mean they can't have political power. The point is we don't know, but like I said earlier, all you need is one guy who knows one guy.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606450
06/28/11 12:13 AM
06/28/11 12:13 AM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline OP
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline OP
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
exactly look at Jack Tocco found guilty and as the main defendant in a RICO case gets 1yr while others get 10. He just happens to own the local Golf and Country Club. Alot of people cried foul on that one.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #606471
06/28/11 09:12 AM
06/28/11 09:12 AM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
Just because the Chicago Outfit is more of a joke than the Mormons down in Utah, it doesn't mean they can't have political power.

Nice metaphor Vin! The Outfit and Mormons! ROFL!

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606476
06/28/11 09:41 AM
06/28/11 09:41 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Yeah, I believe Barack Obama is a made member of the Chicago Outfit. He's half Italian from his father's side. His father wasn't a Kenian, that's all lies. He was a Sicilian of Moorish ancestry. Obama was never born in Hawai, he was actually born in Partinico!

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: Sonny_Black] #606480
06/28/11 11:24 AM
06/28/11 11:24 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Obama was never born in Hawai, he was actually born in Partinico!

Everybody knows Obama was born in Park Slope, Brooklyn and grew up with Teddy Persico, Jr. Why is this even a discussion.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #606492
06/28/11 03:46 PM
06/28/11 03:46 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Nobody is saying Blagojevich belongs to the Outfit or answers directly to John DiFronzo. Nobody knows that and I personally doubt that very much, but once you are able to establish a connection between two guys, questions will be raised and they'll be raised on legitimate grounds. Just because the Chicago Outfit is more of a joke than the Mormons down in Utah, it doesn't mean they can't have political power. The point is we don't know, but like I said earlier, all you need is one guy who knows one guy.

If you read what I've said, I still think the Outfit has some political clout on a local level. But not nearly on the level where they could influence whether the top guy is indicted by the US Justice Department.

Originally Posted By: "Tony"

As a metaphor it doesn't make any sense at all. It's Vinny taking a personal shot at me.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606499
06/28/11 05:56 PM
06/28/11 05:56 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: "Tony"

As a metaphor it doesn't make any sense at all. It's Vinny taking a personal shot at me.

There's is one small link though: both the Chicago Outfit and the Mormons tried to extort Howard Hughes. The Outfit failed, but the Mormons succeeded. wink

But for the rest it's just Vinny being Vinny, our troll overlord. smile

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: Sonny_Black] #606500
06/28/11 06:10 PM
06/28/11 06:10 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss

If you read what I've said, I still think the Outfit has some political clout on a local level. But not nearly on the level where they could influence whether the top guy is indicted by the US Justice Department.

The way you scoffed at the possibility of this group having serious political power is what I take issue with. You really don't need much for this to happen. Whitey Bulger was just one guy and his brother was the most powerful politician in the state. All you need is a connection. As long as these groups exist, this is always gonna be a possibility. The ball is gonna land some place. It could be a two faced rat Irish man from Boston or a Compton Crip who's made a fortune as a dope peddler.

Anyway, I hope the Chicago Outfit does something about the Mormon problem down in Utah. It's a long shot, but I'd have more respect for them.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606510
06/28/11 07:19 PM
06/28/11 07:19 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas

I did not know you were LDS Ivy. Respect - many good people and things about the faith.
But, I will admit to seeing the metaphor.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #606527
06/28/11 11:32 PM
06/28/11 11:32 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I hope the Chicago Outfit does something about the Mormon problem down in Utah. It's a long shot, but I'd have more respect for them.

Need a month off this time??? You're VERY close to it, if not a total permanent banishment, if you cannot respect others' religions or other personal beliefs. There's a way to debate, and a way to just sound like a jackass. Last chance to pick your course and consequences....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606534
06/29/11 12:03 AM
06/29/11 12:03 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
I can under no circumstances respect ignorance or religion for that matter. I think that's pretty clear. However, I can respect people who have ignorant views or believe in a higher power. I have great sympathy for the Mormons and especially the children of Mormons. After all, we are all human beings. If anyone here was offended by what I said, then I apologize. Most of the religious people I know have no respect for my atheistic beliefs, but they do respect me as a person and always treat me as one of their own. That is why respect them as human beings and treat them the same way. The Mormon community is no different here.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: ONTARIO613] #606540
06/29/11 01:49 AM
06/29/11 01:49 AM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
I'd bet DiFronzo definitely has some friends in high places. It was weird that he wasn't named in that indictment and a lot of people have expressed that (especially that guy who's name escapes me who runs that blog on The Outfit). But like IvyLeague said, to pull those kind of strings on a federal level, dealing with the money and headline hungry Justice Department? It's possible, anything's possible, but it's not probable - my opinion

There is the possibility also which has been floated around, that he's a long time high level informant. I doubt that too but again...

Basically DiFronzo's just been careful as shit with some luck thrown into that. He's managed to stay insulated and on the street - great - but I'd give anyone on here 50/1 that he dies in jail.

Last edited by tt120; 06/29/11 01:53 AM.
Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #606544
06/29/11 03:30 AM
06/29/11 03:30 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

The way you scoffed at the possibility of this group having serious political power is what I take issue with. You really don't need much for this to happen. Whitey Bulger was just one guy and his brother was the most powerful politician in the state. All you need is a connection. As long as these groups exist, this is always gonna be a possibility. The ball is gonna land some place. It could be a two faced rat Irish man from Boston or a Compton Crip who's made a fortune as a dope peddler.

I'm scoffing at the idea that DiFronzo's political clout extends to the point where he could be protected from a federal indictment by the US Justice Department. Luciano couldn't keep from being indicted by Dewey in the 1930's but were supposed to believe DiFronzo has that power in the 21st century? Sorry but anyone who believes that is beyond clueless. Or just wants to believe it. There's just no other way to put it.

Originally Posted By: "Sonny_Black"
There's is one small link though: both the Chicago Outfit and the Mormons tried to extort Howard Hughes. The Outfit failed, but the Mormons succeeded.

I shouldn't even reply to this because it's completely off the subject but many of Hughes' closest associates were Mormon. Get your history right.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/29/11 03:31 AM.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: tt120] #606545
06/29/11 03:36 AM
06/29/11 03:36 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: tt120
I'd bet DiFronzo definitely has some friends in high places. It was weird that he wasn't named in that indictment and a lot of people have expressed that (especially that guy who's name escapes me who runs that blog on The Outfit). But like IvyLeague said, to pull those kind of strings on a federal level, dealing with the money and headline hungry Justice Department? It's possible, anything's possible, but it's not probable - my opinion

There is the possibility also which has been floated around, that he's a long time high level informant. I doubt that too but again...

Basically DiFronzo's just been careful as shit with some luck thrown into that. He's managed to stay insulated and on the street - great - but I'd give anyone on here 50/1 that he dies in jail.

There's evidence that the Outfit still has some influence with things like cops protecting gambling operations in certain suburbs, a few friendly judges, as well as people in the local government who can steer contracts, dole out jobs, etc. But it's on a narrow, local level. Which is very different than being able to influence who federal prosecutors indict. That's not only improbable. It's impossible in this day and age. DiFronzo would have to have the entire district attorney's office in his pocket.

Both DiFronzo's and Andriacchi's day is coming.

Re: Political Protection for OUTFIT Boss Difronzo [Re: IvyLeague] #606561
06/29/11 08:44 AM
06/29/11 08:44 AM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline OP
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline OP
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
U don`t understand If for sake of argument Blagojevich was in Difronzos pocket He could then use his position as governor to lobby either directly or indirectly the federal justice departmentt or somebody higher to keep his name of the indictment(giving a noble reason like we want to get him on a state level as a trophy case) In exchange he might grant them a favour that would help them in another area This is entirely possible in my mind.Bulger didnt need the entire justice department or district attorneys office to keep his name off countless indictments for years just his brother and a few fbi agents subordinate.

Last edited by ONTARIO613; 06/29/11 08:52 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull