GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Signor Vitelli, 1 invisible), 93 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,168
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,835
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mob Authors and their Exagerations #605320
06/12/11 02:46 PM
06/12/11 02:46 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
I just finished " The 6th Family by Lee Lamothe and Adrian Humphries. anyone else read this book? I thought it was pretty good but why is it that so many reporters and authors have to exaggerate the power and influence of their story subject? For example Lamoth and Humphreys claim , in "the 6th Family" that Vito Rizzoto's 19 member Montreal faction surpassed the entire Bonanno family in terms of power. I find that very hard to believe.

Thoughts??

Last edited by Mussolini14; 06/12/11 05:13 PM.
Re: " The 6th Family" - Lee Lamoth and Adrian Humphrey [Re: Mussolini14] #605322
06/12/11 02:51 PM
06/12/11 02:51 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I've heard of the Montreal faction but i don't know as much about them as i do New York and Philly

Re: " The 6th Family" - Lee Lamoth and Adrian Humphrey [Re: JCrusher] #605323
06/12/11 03:14 PM
06/12/11 03:14 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
I've heard of the Montreal faction but i don't know as much about them as i do New York and Philly

Personally I find the Philadelphia family the most fascinating of all.

As for Rizzuto, the authors of the 6th family insinuate that Rizzuto knew immediatley that Gerlando Sciascia was not the victim of a drug deal gone bad but rather that he had been set up by the Bananno administration. If the Rizzuto faction was so powerful why would they not retaliate ? If the
Rizzuto's were more powerful than the entire Bananno family why did he take the death of his closest and oldest friend on the chin and do nothing about it?

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605349
06/12/11 05:33 PM
06/12/11 05:33 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
I just finished " The 6th Family by Lee Lamothe and Adrian Humphries. anyone else read this book? I thought it was pretty good but why is it that so many reporters and authors have to exaggerate the power and influence of their story subject? For example Lamoth and Humphreys claim , in "the 6th Family" that Vito Rizzoto's 19 member Montreal faction surpassed the entire Bonanno family in terms of power. I find that very hard to believe.

Thoughts??

In answer to your question, here is what Lamothe said over on the Real Deal forum back in 2006 -

"And a final note recalling having read the previous posts and remembering someone mentioning organized crime writers pushing their own agendas and beliefs: true. Guilty. No one wants to write a book called The Story of the Maybe the Third Most Powerful Crime Figure in a Small Neighborhood in Brooklyn for Six Months in 1995. But in the case of Bloodlines and The Sixth Family, the theory had to start with an idea, with an event. Writers spend a lot of time researching and looking for something that supports their theory."

I agree with you that many writers have a tendency to exaggerate their subject. That's to be expected and they can still provide a lot of great information despite that. Scott Burnstein is a good example. He is the resident Detroit expert over on the Real Deal forum and provides a lot of good insight. But I've never agreed with him about how high he still rates what's left of the mob in Detroit.

Anyway, while the Rizzutos were more than just the 19 guys who were made Bonanno members, I don't think they were ever the all powerful "Sixth Family" some portrayed them to be. Even before Operation Colisee and the later murders, I always felt the truth was somewhere in the middle of those two opposing theories.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605351
06/12/11 05:41 PM
06/12/11 05:41 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Thoughts??

You're only counting the men in their faction who were made in the Bonanno family, but the Rizzutos had much more close associates as muscle. In the Sixth family they say they had around 130 members in their organization divided in three cells, each cells having their own boss who in turn answered to the Rizzutos.

But you're right about the exaggeration. I don't think they were ever more powerful than the Bonanno family itself, but they definitely were more than just a faction.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Sonny_Black] #605354
06/12/11 06:03 PM
06/12/11 06:03 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Thoughts??

You're only counting the men in their faction who were made in the Bonanno family, but the Rizzutos had much more close associates as muscle. In the Sixth family they say they had around 130 members in their organization divided in three cells, each cells having their own boss who in turn answered to the Rizzutos.

But you're right about the exaggeration. I don't think they were ever more powerful than the Bonanno family itself, but they definitely were more than just a faction.

While I know they are more than just their 18-20 made members the same could be said for all the crews in the Bannano family, or any other mob family. It's not as though the Rizzuto's are the only ones who have associates and other connections besides made men.

If they were so powerful as I said before I belive there would have been some sort of revenge for the Sciascia hit, and I don't think they would be in the dire straights they are in now if they were even half as powerful as Lamothe suggests in his book.

thanks for the replies guys.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 06/12/11 06:05 PM.
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605364
06/12/11 08:19 PM
06/12/11 08:19 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Thoughts??

If they were so powerful as I said before I belive there would have been some sort of revenge for the Sciascia hit, and I don't think they would be in the dire straights they are in now if they were even half as powerful as Lamothe suggests in his book.

That's probably because the majority of their men are in prison due to operation Colisee which left a huge power vaccuum.

And for the common sense, you don't go to war with another family just because one of you're friends is killed. If he was a friend in the first place. If the Rizzutos would go to war with the Bonannos, they would have all of the Five Families of New York to go to war with.

War is bad for business. And besides, after Scascia was killed, it is said the Bonannos were prepared to let the Montreal faction to officially go independend.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Sonny_Black] #605368
06/12/11 08:49 PM
06/12/11 08:49 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario

Thoughts??

That's probably because the majority of their men are in prison due to operation Colisee which left a huge power vaccuum.

And for the common sense, you don't go to war with another family just because one of you're friends is killed. If he was a friend in the first place. If the Rizzutos would go to war with the Bonannos, they would have all of the Five Families of New York to go to war with.

War is bad for business. And besides, after Scascia was killed, it is said the Bonannos were prepared to let the Montreal faction to officially go independend.

Obviously an all out war is a bad idea, but if the Rizzutos were as powerful as Lamothe claims surely they would have demanded some type of retribution. I doubt anyone else would get involved if they killed a guy in retaliation for one of their key guys being killed. If Rizzuto would have whacked a guy like TG Graziano you can bet your bottom dollar that Massino would have reacted violently.

With how greedy mobsters are why do you think they didn't demand a tribute from Montreal?

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605370
06/12/11 08:59 PM
06/12/11 08:59 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Fair enough. I also don't think the Rizzutos are or were as powerful as the New York families.

The Rizzutos' biggest advantage was that they pretty much had a monopoly on organized crime in Montreal so they could control everything from drugs to construction and real-estate. I would believe that at their height they probably were more powerful than Philadelphia or New Jersey and that they could compete in certain aspects with one of the smaller New York families.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Sonny_Black] #605371
06/12/11 09:02 PM
06/12/11 09:02 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Fair enough. I also don't think the Rizzutos are or were as powerful as the New York families.

The Rizzutos' biggest advantage was that they pretty much had a monopoly on organized crime in Montreal so they could control everything from drugs to construction and real-estate. I would believe that at their height they probably were more powerful than Philadelphia or New Jersey and that they could compete in certain aspects with one of the smaller New York families.

Sonny, in your opinion who do you think is behind the Rizzuto family destruction?

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605372
06/12/11 09:41 PM
06/12/11 09:41 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
To get back to your original question:

Mobsters aren't the kind to leave their letters, papers and recollections to university libraries for people like us to study. And, even if they did know how to read and write, omerta kept their pens from their hands. So, hack writers and sensationalists have a field day with them, knowing they're in no position to refute the writers. And, hype sells.

Case in point: Hank Messick, a reporter for the Miami Herald, published an article stating that Meyer Lansky was the "most powerful gangster in America" and was "worth $300 million." Almost everything written about Lansky since then quoted that figure. Robert Lacey, Lansky's biographer, chased him down. Messick admitted that he got the figure second-hand and ran with it because it was a big, sensational figure that supported his belief that Lansky was "the boss of the Eastern Syndicate." Lacey, one of the only competent biographers of mobsters, estimated Lansky's peak wealth at no more than $5-6 million--nor chickenfeed then or now, but not the stuff of $300 million.

The Sixth Family is one of the very few thoroughly (sometimes excessively) researched mob books. I thought the authors worked very hard to make the case that, while the Bonannos thought they were running Canada, the Rizzutos were actually running the Bonannos. No way to prove it beyond doubt, but they did convince me that the Rizzutos were very powerful.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Turnbull] #605377
06/12/11 11:09 PM
06/12/11 11:09 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

The Sixth Family is one of the very few thoroughly (sometimes excessively) researched mob books. I thought the authors worked very hard to make the case that, while the Bonannos thought they were running Canada, the Rizzutos were actually running the Bonannos. No way to prove it beyond doubt, but they did convince me that the Rizzutos were very powerful.

That's one example of where I think they were exaggerating. The Rizzutos weren't running the Bonannos. In fact, they were still sending tribute down to New York up until Sciascia was killed. And even after that, Vito Rizzuto reportedly said that he didn't recognize Montagna as his boss. I always found that interesting since, if the Rizzutos had fully broken away from the Bonannos, why would Rizzuto have to address that at all?

The Rizzutos were certainly big players in the Canadian underworld. Significant international connections and big into drugs. But I still think they overstated things. I mean, one big bust (Colisee) took most of the organization off the streets.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: IvyLeague] #605378
06/13/11 12:34 AM
06/13/11 12:34 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

That's one example of where I think they were exaggerating. The Rizzutos weren't running the Bonannos. In fact, they were still sending tribute down to New York up until Sciascia was killed. And even after that, Vito Rizzuto reportedly said that he didn't recognize Montagna as his boss. I always found that interesting since, if the Rizzutos had fully broken away from the Bonannos, why would Rizzuto have to address that at all?

The Rizzutos were certainly big players in the Canadian underworld. Significant international connections and big into drugs. But I still think they overstated things. I mean, one big bust (Colisee) took most of the organization off the streets.

I have to agree with Ivy. The fact that they didn't even demand a tax from Massino and company for the Sciascia hit is evidence that all they could do was take it on the chin. Again, if Vito had a guy like Graziano whacked there would have been violent repercussions, but when Massino took out Sciascia, Vito did absolutly nothing even when he had ample opportunity to take out Vitale or one of his entourage when they came to Montreal.

Also does Lamothe think that the Rizzutos are the only ones to have roots in Sicily? 25+% of the 5 families have roots in Sicily and Lamothe acts like this is a trait unique to the Rizzutos and all the other made guys have Irish or German backgrounds.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 06/13/11 12:36 AM.
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605392
06/13/11 10:01 AM
06/13/11 10:01 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Sonny, in your opinion who do you think is behind the Rizzuto family destruction?

Violi's sons from Hamilton, the Calabrian faction from Montreal and the 'D Amico's from Grandby, probably backed by some 'Ndrangheta cells from Toronto.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: IvyLeague] #605394
06/13/11 10:04 AM
06/13/11 10:04 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Which also happened recently with the Colombos in New York...

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Turnbull] #605395
06/13/11 10:10 AM
06/13/11 10:10 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Case in point: Hank Messick, a reporter for the Miami Herald, published an article stating that Meyer Lansky was the "most powerful gangster in America" and was "worth $300 million." Almost everything written about Lansky since then quoted that figure. Robert Lacey, Lansky's biographer, chased him down. Messick admitted that he got the figure second-hand and ran with it because it was a big, sensational figure that supported his belief that Lansky was "the boss of the Eastern Syndicate." Lacey, one of the only competent biographers of mobsters, estimated Lansky's peak wealth at no more than $5-6 million--nor chickenfeed then or now, but not the stuff of $300 million.

300 million is very likely to be an exaggeration, but it's very hard to believe that a man like Lansky who made millions for others and wielded tremendous influence only had a few million himself. 5 or 6 million was probably the amount he may have had on his personal account which was known to the IRS. I've read somewhere that he transfered 15 million to his brother after the Havana fiasco.

His net-worth was estimated by Forbes to be 100 million in the early 1980s. His lawyer, Al Malnik, became exceedingly wealthy after Lanskly died...

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Sonny_Black] #605399
06/13/11 11:55 AM
06/13/11 11:55 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Which also happened recently with the Colombos in New York...

I don't know if that was quite the same thing. About 40 Colombo members and associates were picked up in the big bust in January; 16 of them being made members.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Sonny_Black] #605411
06/13/11 01:19 PM
06/13/11 01:19 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
The same ones who killed Gaetano Panepinto? Hamilton (steel town as they call it here) is only a 30 minutes drive from Kitchener, where I live. Maybe I will take a trip up there this weekend and ask Violi's sons directly.

The strongest evidence against Violi's sons is the fact that Nick Rizzuto Sr got hit when he was just a figurehead. This was more a symbolic hit than a business matter. Further more he was killed almost the exact same way one of Violi's brothers was killed, in that he was shot by a sniper in his own kitchen in front of his wife and daughter.

I wonder what Vito is going to do when he gets out? I bet he wishes now that he hadn't severed ties with NY because the Calabrians would think twice about making a move if they thought the entire Bannano family would back the Rizzuto's. Just my opinion.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605415
06/13/11 01:34 PM
06/13/11 01:34 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Maybe I will take a trip up there this weekend and ask Violi's sons directly.

I think you would now have to go to Montreal to ask them this question. wink I bet they would be honored and obliged to give you a straight answer. lol

Quote:
The strongest evidence against Violi's sons is the fact that Nick Rizzuto Sr got hit when he was just a figurehead. This was more a symbolic hit than a business matter. Further more he was killed almost the exact same way one of Violi's brothers was killed, in that he was shot by a sniper in his own kitchen in front of his wife and daughter.

For me what's at least as strong is that they were seen in Montreal's Little Italy just days before Rizzuto Sr. was clipped. What where they doing there? If they went there 10 years ago they would have never been seen again...

Quote:
I wonder what Vito is going to do when he gets out? I bet he wishes now that he hadn't severed ties with NY because the Calabrians would think twice about making a move if they thought the entire Bannano family would back the Rizzuto's. Just my opinion.

I wonder the same thing. As a matter of fact he's still a made member of the Bonanno family. Who knows, maybe he will be able to ask some old friends for their support.. I don't think it will likely be happening, but if it does, the Hamilton guys should watch their back.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Sonny_Black] #605417
06/13/11 02:32 PM
06/13/11 02:32 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
300 million is very likely to be an exaggeration, but it's very hard to believe that a man like Lansky who made millions for others and wielded tremendous influence only had a few million himself. 5 or 6 million was probably the amount he may have had on his personal account which was known to the IRS. I've read somewhere that he transfered 15 million to his brother after the Havana fiasco.

His net-worth was estimated by Forbes to be 100 million in the early 1980s. His lawyer, Al Malnik, became exceedingly wealthy after Lanskly died...

Lacey did thorough research into Lansky's finances. His conclusion: the reason that Lansky died in his sleep at 81 instead of being assassinated was that he never acquired either the wealth or power that would have led to jealousy and rivalry--the two biggest causes of death-by-bullets. "He was always the accountant, never the boss."

On the other hand, he said Lansky never got involved in drugs and murder. While it's possible to believe that a careful, intelligent guy like Lansky saw the risks, it's hard to believe that he, or any mobster, would walk away from a big source of income, or shy away from murdering, or ordering or being complicit in murder, to protect himself. Lansky (as well as Siegel, Luciano, Adonis and Costello) was a protege of Arnold Rothstein, who was a major opium importer and operator of opium dens.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605457
06/14/11 02:23 AM
06/14/11 02:23 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
In regards to the assertion towards Lamoth & Humphries playing up to the hype, of course the're as guilty as any number of mob rat testimonials & mob lit. bio's..

HOWEVER...

The Rizzuto "faction" basicaly stopped paying any form of "tribute", ie-sending anyhting down to New York AT ALL post Sciascia. "Good-Looking Sal" (God I hate that guy. He's not even that good-looking) Vitale testified that when Massino sent him up with (i think it was) Lino, he reported back that during his meeting with Vito, he tried to officially promote him (Vito), but was basically rebuffed. Since then there was no more contact until Rizzuto met Massino & co. in the court-room.

The official 19 or so members of the "faction" bely the fact that Nicolo Rizzuto & co. had begun making members some 20 years ago. And for a Sicilian family, they almost followed a Calabrian model of tactical marriages & bloodlines. Ties with Family's like the Agostino/[BadWord] Family & Old World Sicilian Families made the profits of that central cabal expand into legitimate billionaires, more then can be said for most bosses of North America.

Mind you; they WERE at their peak. This book came out way before the systematic execution of a score of their men. Say what one will about morality, but the attack witnessed upon the "Sixth" Family was ruthlessly, brutally executed. Goig as far as the patriarch himself, so far removed from the street, that said it all.

I dont think its too much to believe a powerhouse Ndrina faction decided to avenge old insults. Remember how ruthless & systematic the Rizzuto destruction of the Violi family, sanguinary, & the COtroni element, till they cowed & came under.

If Vito's smart, he'll cut his losses, withdraw himself & his kin completely out of "things" & go straight. He's got the brains to make things work legitimately.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 06/14/11 02:24 AM.

(cough.)
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #605479
06/14/11 12:54 PM
06/14/11 12:54 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Indeed, these authors are known to exaggerate, or as I like to say, talk out their ass. The author of Gomoorah was a prime example of this, he claimed the Camorra controlled the world trade in everything from knock off sun glasses to cocaine! Can you imagine that, controlling the cocaine trade over in Italy! I don't doubt the Camorra makes a ton of money and has loads of power, but I don't think they are a global power that controls the drug and gun trade.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605520
06/14/11 11:29 PM
06/14/11 11:29 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
I dont know, Gerry. I think Saviano, rather then claiming they "controlled" things globally was more making the the point that they (the Camorristi) use & exploit Naples to a horrendous degree in the name of vast profits. However low they rank on the "actual" scale of things, they are fucking up & pilagging their native city & state in some of the most insidious & evil methods to be created, with the name an indelible stain on the Napolitani.

(cough.)
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: GerryLang] #605528
06/15/11 03:31 AM
06/15/11 03:31 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
Indeed, these authors are known to exaggerate, or as I like to say, talk out their ass. The author of Gomoorah was a prime example of this, he claimed the Camorra controlled the world trade in everything from knock off sun glasses to cocaine! Can you imagine that, controlling the cocaine trade over in Italy! I don't doubt the Camorra makes a ton of money and has loads of power, but I don't think they are a global power that controls the drug and gun trade.

Well the Italian syndicates are the dominant cocaine traffickers in much of Europe, not just Italy. But more so the 'Ndrangheta than the Camorra or Cosa Nostra. And of course no single group controls things on a global scale.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/15/11 03:31 AM.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Sonny_Black] #605556
06/15/11 01:06 PM
06/15/11 01:06 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Maybe I will take a trip up there this weekend and ask Violi's sons directly.

I think you would now have to go to Montreal to ask them this question. wink I bet they would be honored and obliged to give you a straight answer. lol

Quote:

For me what's at least as strong is that they were seen in Montreal's Little Italy just days before Rizzuto Sr. was clipped. What where they doing there? If they went there 10 years ago they would have never been seen again...

Quote:

I wonder the same thing. As a matter of fact he's still a made member of the Bonanno family. Who knows, maybe he will be able to ask some old friends for their support.. I don't think it will likely be happening, but if it does, the Hamilton guys should watch their back.

Thats carzy, his sons were actually sighted in Montreal's Little Italy? Did the police see them, or witnesses testified that they saw them? Thanks for the info man.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605562
06/15/11 01:57 PM
06/15/11 01:57 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Thats carzy, his sons were actually sighted in Montreal's Little Italy? Did the police see them, or witnesses testified that they saw them? Thanks for the info man.

I believe they were seen by investigators.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Sonny_Black] #605586
06/16/11 08:12 AM
06/16/11 08:12 AM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
I dont think the bonanno alliance would have saved them the reason they(calabrians) waited till or suddenly decided to hit them in late 2009 is IMHO because Operation SHARQC had taken down all the quebec hells angels on serious first degree murder gangsterism and drug charges, over 100 full patchs facing 1st degree murder the hells angels came to quebec in 77 just as the rizzutos were taking power and through mafia provided narcotics they thrived till 2009. The calabrians only acted once the law put away there(rizzutos) last enforcement arm. In quebec bikers are akin to made mafioso in terms of earning, clout,violence and murder.

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605597
06/16/11 09:55 AM
06/16/11 09:55 AM
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
O
ONTARIO613 Offline
Made Member
ONTARIO613  Offline
O
Made Member
Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
"while the Bonannos thought they were running Canada, the Rizzutos were actually running the Bonannos" The first part is true but I just don`t see where Lamothe tries to say that the rizzutos were really running the bonannos and the real reason for the breakdown in relations is that post 911 the bonannos could not if they wanted send hitmen from their family across the border if they got out of line nor could they send emmisaries or call without fbi hearing blocked from communication except drug smuggling

Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: ONTARIO613] #605693
06/17/11 06:47 PM
06/17/11 06:47 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: ONTARIO613
I dont think the bonanno alliance would have saved them the reason they(calabrians) waited till or suddenly decided to hit them in late 2009 is IMHO because Operation SHARQC had taken down all the quebec hells angels on serious first degree murder gangsterism and drug charges, over 100 full patchs facing 1st degree murder the hells angels came to quebec in 77 just as the rizzutos were taking power and through mafia provided narcotics they thrived till 2009. The calabrians only acted once the law put away there(rizzutos) last enforcement arm. In quebec bikers are akin to made mafioso in terms of earning, clout,violence and murder.

Maybe it wouldn't have saved them but if the Rizzuto faction had consistently sent NY and nice tribute every month, you can bet the Calabrians would have thought twice or at least tried to appease the NY Bonanno's before moving against the Rizzuto's. Remember, these are guy's who kill over being disrespected, so it's not hard to believe that there would be retaliation if one group ( the Calabrians) was making a move that could potentially cost the other group ( the NY Bonanno's) millions of dollars. I guess we will never know what would have happened if the Rizzuto's had kept the alliance to NY stronger but it is certainly interesting to speculate.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 06/17/11 06:48 PM.
Re: Mob Authors and their Exagerations [Re: Mussolini14] #605712
06/18/11 09:22 AM
06/18/11 09:22 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i don't think the ndrangheta is involved in it, maybe calabrian members within the rizzuto organization
in the years there were several wars inside the montreal faction

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull