GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 246 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,597
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R.I.P. Dear Mother #604844
06/05/11 10:38 PM
06/05/11 10:38 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to share this for those few on the Gangster BB who have had limited knowledge of my 'family' situation. It's been a crazy couple of months, I lost my job in mid-March but have since gotten a new one. In between during my 'free' time I would spend days with my mother, who was by then home from hospital/rehab and eventually placed on home hospice. After several weeks of doing fairly well and in generally good spirits, she suffered back-to-back infections, the second from which she was just too weak to recover.

My mother passed away last Sunday, 5/29/2011. My sister & I were actually there at the end, and let me tell you, watching your mother die is something I would not wish upon my worst enemy. Though sad of course, my family and I were comforted that she is at peace, and free at last from illness, old age, immobility and discomfort. In fact the night before I saw that she would probably not recover this time, and told her it was ok to 'let go'. The wake was almost a relief, if only for the simple fact that she looked so beautiful and rested especailly after watching her rapidly deteriorate during the last few days.

Things are ok, and I am currently getting used to not having to dread hearing the phone ring.

On the other hand, my aunt who is my mother's older sister is also very ill after a lifetime of relative independence. Whenever I talk to or receive a text from my cousin the news is far from good...and although the worst is over for us I am gearing up to eventually get a call about that situation. The two sisters were very close and she has not been told of my mother's passing, for fear it would completely put her over the edge and finally do her in. While I wish my aunt the best and do hope she recovers, she is 85 and now in addition to everything else has congestive heart failure, and it would be ironic indeed if they died within a relatively close timeframe.

So of all my cousins in either side of our family, my sister, brother & I are the very first to officially become orphans. Pretty interesting since except for one uncle, both my parents were the last of their siblings to marry & have children, and we wre actually the youngest of all but two of our cousins.

Odd the things one thinks about at a time like this. Thanks to all who managed to read through my ramblings. Streamofconsciousness for sure.

AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604845
06/05/11 10:45 PM
06/05/11 10:45 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
My condolences.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604847
06/05/11 10:49 PM
06/05/11 10:49 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I'm really sorry to hear about it, and God Bless and all to you, your mom, and family!

My mom's gonna be 82 this month, and still hanging in there pretty well. I SO dread "the phone call" that you can't imagine (or can). I'm guessing that's the worst loss of all in one's lifetime -- one's mom.

Remember all the good times now -- and hopefully that'll help you get thru these tough times. My heart's out there with you...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604849
06/06/11 12:24 AM
06/06/11 12:24 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Apple,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I remember you speaking of your mother on the occasions that we all slip and speak of personal things of importance to us.

I know how it is to be there at the end of a beloved parent's life, and although it VERY difficult to see the last painful moments, you did well for your mom by being with her. I have to believe she was cognizant of her daughters being there and drew some comfort from that.

Be well.

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: SC] #604851
06/06/11 02:07 AM
06/06/11 02:07 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Apple,

I, too, send my deepest and sincerest condolences. The loss of a parent (or parents) is, without a doubt, one of the most difficult things imaginable. Only someone who has experienced it can truly understand the effect it has for the rest of one's life.

As you've said, her suffering is truly over. She is beyond any and all earthly pain and illness. And you and your sister were with her; when the end came, she was not alone. You were there for her.

I hope you are hanging in - certainly these are the most difficult times, but if you need the GBB, we're here if you want to talk or even just vent.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604853
06/06/11 02:16 AM
06/06/11 02:16 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Apple, my sincerest condolences.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604856
06/06/11 06:01 AM
06/06/11 06:01 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
My sincerest condolences too.

The main thing is pointed out by Signor V.: "As you've said, her suffering is truly over. She is beyond any and all earthly pain and illness. And you and your sister were with her; when the end came, she was not alone. You were there for her."

As hard as it can be to watch her die, I know for sure she was 'happy' in the last minutes with you and your sister next to her.

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: M.M. Floors] #604859
06/06/11 06:31 AM
06/06/11 06:31 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
frown

I know there are probably no words to describe what you and your family are going through. I can't even begin to comprehend the loss of one's mother or father. All I can say is that I am truly sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and yours during this painful time.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604865
06/06/11 08:54 AM
06/06/11 08:54 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Apple -
So sorry to hear of your loss. May you and your family find peace and perhaps comfort in knowing that your mother is at peace.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: Don Marco] #604868
06/06/11 09:30 AM
06/06/11 09:30 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Losing a parent creates such a void, no matter at what age you are. frown

I can't remember if I saw this quote in a card or in a poem or what, but in some way I find it comforting.

My sympathy to you and your family.

"Death leaves a heartache that no one can heal. Love leaves a memory that no one can steal."

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604882
06/06/11 12:57 PM
06/06/11 12:57 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Apple,

here is a little poem that may bring you some comfort in this sad time.

“The Magic of a Mother’s Touch”

There’s magic in a Mother’s touch,
and sunshine in her smile.
There’s love in everything she does
to make our lives worthwhile.
We can find both hope and courage
just by looking in her eyes.
Her laughter is a source of joy,
her words are warm and wise.
There is a kindness and compassion
to be found in her embrace,
and we see the light of heaven
shining from a Mother’s face

Both Pop and I send our prayers for your mother and the rest of your family. Please hug the little one for us!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #604883
06/06/11 12:59 PM
06/06/11 12:59 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
"Death leaves a heartache that no one can heal. Love leaves a memory that no one can steal."

TIS

Very nice thought!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: fathersson] #604886
06/06/11 01:32 PM
06/06/11 01:32 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
prayers and condolences.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: dontomasso] #604892
06/06/11 02:10 PM
06/06/11 02:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Sorry, Apple.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604918
06/06/11 07:15 PM
06/06/11 07:15 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
Thank you everyone, for the very kind thoughts and sentiments. In addition to my sister & I being there at 'then end', all of her grandchildren were either in or just outside the house. So she truly was surrounded by family, and hopefully she knew that on some level.

My mother had always felt very bad that my father died alone in a hospital, and we were notified by a phne call from the doctor. So being home meant alot to her, and although it was quite difficult at the time, in retrospect it doesn't seem so bad to have been there.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #604941
06/06/11 11:11 PM
06/06/11 11:11 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I'm sorry for your loss, Apple. You will always have the consolation of having had a wonderful mother, and of doing right by her, especially at the end. "Closure" is getting to be a very glib word, but not when, as in your case, you did the right thing, and earned it. smile

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: Turnbull] #604962
06/07/11 12:00 PM
06/07/11 12:00 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Really sorry to hear this Apple......

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #605002
06/07/11 07:54 PM
06/07/11 07:54 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Apple,

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa

.....let me tell you, watching your mother die is something I would not wish upon my worst enemy.

I totally agree. No one should ever have to endure that helpless feeling of having to sit there and watch someone that they love, with all of ther heart, suffer. Especially when it's a mother. I know the feeling all too well.

I've always said that mothers are not supposed to get sick because throughout our young lives they are the ones who seem to always stay strong... always helping and comforting the family when anyone was hurting or sick....even if they were sick themselves.

All I can tell you from personal experience is that while you'll probably never get over the loss of your mother, in time you will learn how to live with it.

It hurts. But keep reminding yourself that while she may no longer be here physically, the wonderful memories that you may have of her is what will make her live on within your heart.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: AppleOnYa] #605005
06/07/11 08:25 PM
06/07/11 08:25 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Sorry to hear this.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: R.I.P. Dear Mother [Re: Don Cardi] #605073
06/08/11 03:52 PM
06/08/11 03:52 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
I've always said that mothers are not supposed to get sick because throughout our young lives they are the ones who seem to always stay strong... always helping and comforting the family when anyone was hurting or sick....even if they were sick themselves.

I have to agree with that. DC, I've talked at some length with you about some of the issues I've had with my mother throughout the years, and I remember you encouraging me to remember I only have one mother, and that it is important for me to do whatever I can to make things right, because one day she'll be gone, and all I'll have is regret.

Those words have stuck with me, and I'm happy to say that my relationship with my mother has vastly improved. For the longest time, I felt like I'd lost her. Now our relationship is stronger than ever, and I can't even fathom the idea of TRULY losing her.

Once again, Apple, my sincerest condolences for your loss.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull