GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 63 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,166
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,388
Posts1,059,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dominick Brooklier #604543
06/01/11 02:41 AM
06/01/11 02:41 AM
BarrettM Offline OP
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline OP
Underboss
Heads Up: I may eventually use this thread as grounds for general LA Crime Family discussion.

In my eyes, this guy will always be an interesting case. In literary terms, he is the main antagonist in the Jimmy Frattiano saga. Which makes him pretty significant. People forget that even if in name only, an acting boss turned informant before an Underboss did.

What's interesting about Brooklier, is that even if he had inherited the so-called "Mickey Mouse Mafia", all indications would prove that he didn't fuck around. So is it just me, or was he an improvement over the string of incompetent bosses that followed Dragna? The best example of this is every decision he made during the Frank Bompensiero hit. Deciding he wanted it done was very decisive, something that already set him apart from previous bosses. I also think it reflects well on him how he immediately noticed the odd behavior, and as it happens, Bompensiero had just flipped. But the most interesting part was possibly the execution. Handing out a promotion to drop a marked man's guard had never been seen before. I don't know if the bookies that never kicked up to Dragna kicked up to Brooklier. But I do know he seems to have had a bit more subtetly and cunning that makes a good boss.

The Frattiano stuff says something about his judgment as well. Brooklier wasn't willing to take the risk of an Orena-style war, or an affront to him as boss, even from Frattianno's crew, which dates way back to the 50's. I know his ability as a boss can't be fully analyzed through websites, even books or informant testimony. But he seems to have a bit of what Dragna lacked, a bit of what Bompensiero needed, and a calculating touch. Thoughts?

Last edited by BarrettM; 06/01/11 02:44 AM.
Re: Dominick Brooklier [Re: BarrettM] #604601
06/02/11 02:07 AM
06/02/11 02:07 AM
BarrettM Offline OP
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline OP
Underboss
Dragna couldn't scare the bookies in to kicking up to him, DeSimone was scared of his own shadow. I've read in a book and an article that Nick Licata was in no way an improvement over DeSimone, who was undoubtedly one of the most piss poor bosses of his century. Was this just a rumor, or is there evidence to back this? I don't think he was boss back then, but Licata's part during the Anthony Brancato (Two Tonys) murder was a quick flash of genius. I guess I have the same question for him that I do of Brooklier. And how is Peter Milano doing by comparison?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull