GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (eastsideofvan, Malavita, 1 invisible), 609 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,081
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,539
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37880
04/17/06 07:05 PM
04/17/06 07:05 PM
Hampton, Virginia
Antoni Canoli Offline OP
Made Member
Antoni Canoli  Offline OP
Made Member
Hampton, Virginia
DBCH... I hope this is a fresh question for ya..lol...

But after watching GF 1 again today, I got to wondering about Fabrizio and why exactly he sold Mike out in Sicily? Did 1 of the 5 families reach out to Fabrizio? Was he jealous of Mike getting Apollonia?

Finance is a gun, Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.
Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37881
04/17/06 07:27 PM
04/17/06 07:27 PM
Sollozo theTurk Offline
Wiseguy
Sollozo theTurk  Offline
Wiseguy
I believe that Fabrizio was offered safe passage to America and maybe some sort of cash reward by the Barzini family to kill Michael. One of the deleted scenes from Part II mentions the Barzini family bringing him over as an illegal immigrant. I know the book mentions him saying that he wants to someday start a family in America, but I don't remember if it's talked about in the 1st movie.

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37882
04/17/06 07:45 PM
04/17/06 07:45 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Well, even if one hasn't read the book or watched the deleted scenes found in The GF Saga...there is the line spoken to Michael by Don Tommasino just after Sonny is killed. Don T gloomily reports to Mike that his enemies know where he is, and he must be moved immediately. Then he informed Michael of Sonny's death.

Fabrizion selling out Michael just as he is about to relocate is good indication that ONE of those enemies got to him. Further evidence that it was Barzini may be linked to Carlo's admitting later on that it was Barzini who reached out to him.

Not only that...after the meeting of the Dons, Vito utters those famous words that '...it was Barzini all along...'.

So even if you've seen GF and only GF...the evidence of Barzini being behind almost everything that happens to the Corleones is pretty overwhelming.

Fabrizio? There's no evidence whatsoever that he was jealous of Mike & Appolonia. He wanted to come to America. The one thing that IS indicated only if you watch the deleted scene is that Barzini promises him passage to and sponsorship in the U.S. if he does this job on Michael.

Funny thing in all of this is that Barzini evidently keeps his word and brings Fabrizio over...when in reality Fabrizio FAILED in the job he was carry out. He did not kill Michael and accidently caused the death of Michael's harmless wife...in effect causing Michael to be even more dangerous to Barzini and others in the future.

AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37883
04/17/06 07:49 PM
04/17/06 07:49 PM
Hampton, Virginia
Antoni Canoli Offline OP
Made Member
Made Member
Hampton, Virginia
I havent seen the deleted scene. I have the DVD set and dont remember that being one of them (I will have to go back and check again though).

About the trip to america, there is nothing to say that Mike wouldnt have taken Fabrizio back with him (or at least brought him eventually).. just an attempt to breathe some new life and questions into the board (wouldnt want to bore DBCH)

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37884
04/17/06 07:57 PM
04/17/06 07:57 PM
Sollozo theTurk Offline
Wiseguy
Sollozo theTurk  Offline
Wiseguy
Well, Michael didn't take Calo back with him. So I doubt he was going to bring Fabrizio anyway.

Also, they're 2 scenes with Fabrizio on the DVD collection. One which explains how he came to America and what his current whereabouts were. The other has him being killed by a car bomb.

Just in case you were wondering AC.

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37885
04/17/06 08:02 PM
04/17/06 08:02 PM
Hampton, Virginia
Antoni Canoli Offline OP
Made Member
Made Member
Hampton, Virginia
I saw those 2 scenes.. and they go to explain how he got there. But most of those were made during the making of GF 2.. just wondered if there was a possible different reason initially and they "changed" it a little to fit more in line with the "mythology" during GF2... and trying to add more life for DBCH..lol...plus trying to appear more intelligent on the films than I really am...

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37886
04/18/06 09:09 AM
04/18/06 09:09 AM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
Wow, Canoli... you like to mention my name a lot. LOL

And my comments weren't directed at anyone or anything about this board. It was more of my own sadness in coming to a realization that there isn't much more to discuss that hasn't already been mentioned. frown

But... I haven't seen the movies in about a year. Maybe it's time for me to dust them off and watch them again!

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37887
04/18/06 09:54 AM
04/18/06 09:54 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Fabrizio wanted to come to America. Remember him asking the "GIs" to take him with them? Sicily was devastated in WWII and the people were left with almost nothing. While Calo seemed the quiet type who would've wanted to stay, Fabrizio definitely wanted out. So, Barzini took advantage of that and offered him passage to the US in exchange for giving up Michael.

Perhaps if Michael had promised Fabrizio that he would take him to the US when it was deemed safe for him to return....But that would've been a whole other movie.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37888
04/18/06 01:10 PM
04/18/06 01:10 PM
Hampton, Virginia
Antoni Canoli Offline OP
Made Member
Made Member
Hampton, Virginia
DBCH.. I was just messing with ya thats all.....

Thanks for all the answers

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37889
04/18/06 11:45 PM
04/18/06 11:45 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
exgigirl Offline
Underboss
exgigirl  Offline
Underboss
Pennsylvania, USA
I have never seen that part in the Saga. They don't show it too often on tv and I haven't been able to buy it yet

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37890
04/19/06 09:32 AM
04/19/06 09:32 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by exgigirl:
I have never seen that part in the Saga. They don't show it too often on tv and I haven't been able to buy it yet
Which part of 'the Saga' are you referring to?

And by the way, you cannot buy 'The Saga'; closest thing is 'The Trilogy' DVD set, which I don't have either but I believe shows many or all of the deleted scenes.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37891
04/19/06 01:14 PM
04/19/06 01:14 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37892
04/19/06 01:36 PM
04/19/06 01:36 PM
Bangalore/India
Who gave the order Offline
Associate
Who gave the order  Offline
Associate
Bangalore/India
Originally posted by Antoni Canoli:
DBCH... I hope this is a fresh question for ya..lol...

But after watching GF 1 again today, I got to wondering about Fabrizio and why exactly he sold Mike out in Sicily? Did 1 of the 5 families reach out to Fabrizio? Was he jealous of Mike getting Apollonia?
Hi This is Pashupati from India, Very recently I finished watching GF 1 2 n 3 and got so involved that I have been surfing for hours on GF. Its really gr8 to see u guys getting so deep into each scene of GF. Well I am not sure Fabrizio's intention but I am sure that its not for Apollonia. I feel it was Don Brazini's move to wipe out entire Corleone family and probably Fabrizio fell for some monetary benefits.

hooah
Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37893
04/19/06 02:11 PM
04/19/06 02:11 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Dear WGTH:

I'm sure everyone here knows it was Fabrizio's intention to ill Michael and NOT Appolonia. We do hear him specifically asking Michael if he's taking his wife with him in the car and Michael, not yet knowing that Appolonia wants to drive...says no. Fabrizio upon being told this assumes it's all clear to plant the car bomb, figuring only Michael will be killed. By the time he realizes that it is Appolonia who will be blown to bits...it's really too late to do anything but run. He can't do a thing to stop her, because he'd then be admitting to his own guilt and pretty much committing suicide.

And of course Fabrizio came under Barzini's finger...with the promise of being brought to America.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37894
05/03/06 07:46 PM
05/03/06 07:46 PM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
Interesting point

Neri must be wrong about the time of Fabrizio's arrival in the US. He said 1956, which is after Barzini's death. Now would the new head of the family really bother with this small fry especially after Michael lived and went on to kill their boss??

So clearly he must have been brought over fairly soon after he did the car bomb, by Barzini himself, before hearing that Mike didn't actually die. I think when Michael saw him running - he ran off directly to sanctuary with a Barzini representative and straight to America there and then!

If he didn't Tommasino would have located him and had him killed!

Calo had no interest in going to America at all

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37895
05/03/06 08:22 PM
05/03/06 08:22 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
I haven't seen the Saga in quite a while...but I believe Neri says that Fabrizio's move to America was sponsored by the Barzini Family .

That would mean that Barzini himself wouldn't necessarily have to be alive.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37896
05/03/06 08:37 PM
05/03/06 08:37 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
exgigirl Offline
Underboss
exgigirl  Offline
Underboss
Pennsylvania, USA
I've never seen the part where Barzini talks to Fabrizio.

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37897
05/03/06 08:42 PM
05/03/06 08:42 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
There is no part anywhere where Barzini talks to Fabrizio.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37898
05/03/06 08:56 PM
05/03/06 08:56 PM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
Yes, they do say that Apple. But my question is why. Why bring him over, and after Barzini's death too. Why specifically allow Fabrizio into America after Barzini's death

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37899
05/03/06 09:02 PM
05/03/06 09:02 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
I've already asked that question.

Fabrizio may have been promised relocation to the USA by Barzini as return for killing Michael in Sicily. In fact, because it was Appolonia at the wheel, Fabrizio failed in his attempt. So why bring him over then?

Since according to the Saga it is nearly 10 more years before Fabrizio does end up on American soil...one can assume that he continued to do other favors for the Barzini people, ones that were more successful, before finally reaping his reward.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37900
05/03/06 09:43 PM
05/03/06 09:43 PM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
Hmm.

Perhaps it was Fabrizio that approached the Barzini family somehow (by mail maybe?) and told them Michael was with him. Seeing as he heard Mike himself say that there are people who would pay a lot for the information of who he was.

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37901
05/03/06 09:47 PM
05/03/06 09:47 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:

Fabrizio may have been promised relocation to the USA by Barzini
He was. In an unedited version of GFII, there is a scene where Michael is shown a picture of Fabrizzio and is told that he is living under an assumed name up in Buffalo, owns a Pizzeria, and was sponsered for citizenship by The Barzini family.

Apple, you really need to buy the trilogy on DVD, the one with the extra scenes disc! tongue lol wink

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37902
05/03/06 09:54 PM
05/03/06 09:54 PM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
But this was a stuck on plot idea that FFC was right to remove from the final theatrical cut because it doesnt really make any sense to be honest. Fab's death would have been much better occuring as it was supposed to at the end of 1

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37903
05/03/06 10:07 PM
05/03/06 10:07 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by The Hollywood Finochio:
Fab's death would have been much better occuring as it was supposed to at the end of 1
GF ended in 1955. In the deleted scene, Neri says that Fabrizzio entered America "in 1956, sponsored by the Barzini family."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37904
05/04/06 05:14 AM
05/04/06 05:14 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
Yes, I KNOW that. But FFC should have abandoned the whole Fab brought over in 1956, just as he DID do in the final film. He chucked back in for effect in the chrono version, knowing that it possibly didn't hold up to scrutiny.

Fabrizio's death at the end of 1 at a point where Fab could feasibly be in the country would have been far better. Especially for the viewer keen to see Appolonia avenged within the constraints of the film she was actually in.

We know the scene was shot...will we EVER see it!??

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37905
05/04/06 08:46 AM
05/04/06 08:46 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[QUOTE]...In an unedited version of GFII, there is a scene where Michael is shown a picture of Fabrizzio and is told that he is living under an assumed name up in Buffalo, owns a Pizzeria, and was sponsered for citizenship by The Barzini family....
Don Cardi, I know about that deleted scene which is shown in The Saga/Novel for Television. It's the one I was referring to in the earlier post. Michael says something like, 'That's him...after all these years.' I believe it takes place during Anthony's Communion party?

Yes, I'll eventually get the Trilogy set. Whatever will you have to HOUND me about after that rolleyes !!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Fabrizio Question (Godfather 1) #37906
05/04/06 08:56 AM
05/04/06 08:56 AM
London
The Don
The Don
Underboss
London
Its the same scene Apple. Only one scene discusses Fab, the other sees his car blown up

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull