GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 315 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,817
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The murder of Salvie Testa #602874
05/13/11 12:07 AM
05/13/11 12:07 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
I think he was found hog tied. Was this done on Scarfo's orders as a sign of disrespect because of him and his father were known to where cowboy hats or was this just a coincidence?

Thank-you for your time

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #602904
05/13/11 12:08 PM
05/13/11 12:08 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
I could go on for hours about this one. I saw someone keep saying that Scarfo's hits were under LCN politics...and I tend to agree...but this was defniitely not. This was basically pure jealousy. Scarfo was starting to lose it. I never heard anyone say a bad word about Salvie really...even the men who killed him. Salvie was Phil's son. Scarfo took Salvie under his wing after Phil's murder. But Salvie was already making good money with LCN and elsewhere. I think he was a millionaire at this point. He basically ran the family during the Scarfo-Ricobene war at times when Scarfo was locked up. The guys loved him and that started to make Scarfo jealous. And then there was the Wall Street Journal article that dubbed Salvie "The prince of Philly"...or something like that and that didn't sit well with Scarfo. Then Scarfo also used the fact that Salvie ended the engagment with Merlino's daughter. Merlino was pissed but deep down Scarfo knew this was no reason to kill a great earner. There is so much more info I could give that happened around this time but its been said before. So Scarfo put a hit on him basically...to me..out of jealousy. Salvie was also very smart and watched his back so Scarfo new the hit would be a hard one. So he had Salvie's best friend Joey Pung and a couple other guys do the hit. I think Grande was in on it...I heard he never really liked Salvie. So they got him in a candy store up passyunk and then dumped him in Jersey and Scarfo spilt up Salvie's rackets. Funny thing tho...the guys didn't have toll money to get over the Walt Whitman bridge...lol. That toll money story reminds me of the dumb ass Stanfa hitmen.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: spmob] #602953
05/13/11 07:31 PM
05/13/11 07:31 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: spmob
I could go on for hours about this one. I saw someone keep saying that Scarfo's hits were under LCN politics...and I tend to agree...but this was defniitely not. This was basically pure jealousy. Scarfo was starting to lose it. I never heard anyone say a bad word about Salvie really...even the men who killed him. Salvie was Phil's son. Scarfo took Salvie under his wing after Phil's murder. But Salvie was already making good money with LCN and elsewhere. I think he was a millionaire at this point. He basically ran the family during the Scarfo-Ricobene war at times when Scarfo was locked up. The guys loved him and that started to make Scarfo jealous. And then there was the Wall Street Journal article that dubbed Salvie "The prince of Philly"...or something like that and that didn't sit well with Scarfo. Then Scarfo also used the fact that Salvie ended the engagment with Merlino's daughter. Merlino was pissed but deep down Scarfo knew this was no reason to kill a great earner. There is so much more info I could give that happened around this time but its been said before. So Scarfo put a hit on him basically...to me..out of jealousy. Salvie was also very smart and watched his back so Scarfo new the hit would be a hard one. So he had Salvie's best friend Joey Pung and a couple other guys do the hit. I think Grande was in on it...I heard he never really liked Salvie. So they got him in a candy store up passyunk and then dumped him in Jersey and Scarfo spilt up Salvie's rackets. Funny thing tho...the guys didn't have toll money to get over the Walt Whitman bridge...lol. That toll money story reminds me of the dumb ass Stanfa hitmen.

So you are saying that the hog tie of Salvie was done on purpose as a sign of disrespect? I for one would appreciate it if you would elaborate more on what you know. I have been looking to buy the book "Blood and Honor" by George Anastasia but can't find a place that accepts paypal and I don't have a credit card, so I would honestly greatly appreciate it if you would elaborate and share more of what you know.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #602965
05/13/11 10:32 PM
05/13/11 10:32 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Yes spmob was right on everything he said.They said Salvie was no dummy and he knew something was up,that's why it took so long to get him.They said he had a way of shaking your hand and patting you down at the same time.Finally Scarfo had to use Salvie's closest friends to set him up.Joey Pung Refused to be a shooter but was threatened to the point where he agreed to lure him to a candy store on Passyunk Ave. to supposedley settle a dispute.The gun was hidden in a sofa and like spmob said Salvatore Grande was more than willing to do the shooting.Phil Leonetti,Nick Caramandi all said the same thing that Salvie was a man's man and if scarfo could kill him he could kill any of them.That was the beginning of the end for Scarfo.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #602966
05/13/11 10:42 PM
05/13/11 10:42 PM
International
FrankNitti91 Offline
I
FrankNitti91  Offline
I
Wiseguy
International
Sal Testa was rising through the ranks, and he feared a potential threat. Being that Testa's father was boss of the family, Salvie probably, more than likely held influence with some of the guys. I'm sure it was a bunch of good fellas who wanted Scarfo's egotistical ass clipped. Salvie coulda been boss if Scarfo hadn't knocked him off: Smart decision though for him as boss, if I must say so.

Last edited by FrankNitti91; 05/13/11 10:43 PM.
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #602985
05/14/11 02:27 AM
05/14/11 02:27 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Sal Testa was the man in Philly back in '84. Everybody loved him. The only reason he got whacked was because of his power. I often wonder how his life would've turned out if they hadn't whacked him.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #602989
05/14/11 04:49 AM
05/14/11 04:49 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
A damn shame. As we see time and time again, eh? The so called "Men of Honour", the made guys. A murder they all felt was wrong, & yet not one gave him a heads up, a little "get the the fuck out of town" or nothing. Friends of ours my fat cock. The son of the boss, left roadside like roadkill. A damn shame, that a charismatic guy like Salvie Testa didnt get out while he still could.

(cough.)
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #602993
05/14/11 07:56 AM
05/14/11 07:56 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
From a mafia perspective it's a damn mother**** shame. But like many others, this man was a brutal killer.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Sonny_Black] #603006
05/14/11 11:12 AM
05/14/11 11:12 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
From a mafia perspective it's a damn mother**** shame. But like many others, this man was a brutal killer.

That's a good point, Sonny. His Wikipedia article is so extensive that a lot of people make that their first stop for information, but it's a bit biased - "He was a ruggedly handsome 210-pound man who stood 6 feet tall with hazel eyes and real long lashes and dimpled cheeks." Salvie repeatedly toyed with the idea of killing whole families of mob rulebreakers, and his guys had to intentionally foil a plot he hatched to kill a whole family. I can imagine him as a good boss, though. Philly has always been robbed of good bosses. I mean, Bruno was nothing special. But he kept peace.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: 22] #603021
05/14/11 01:38 PM
05/14/11 01:38 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: 22
Yes spmob was right on everything he said.They said Salvie was no dummy and he knew something was up,that's why it took so long to get him.They said he had a way of shaking your hand and patting you down at the same time.Finally Scarfo had to use Salvie's closest friends to set him up.Joey Pung Refused to be a shooter but was threatened to the point where he agreed to lure him to a candy store on Passyunk Ave. to supposedley settle a dispute.The gun was hidden in a sofa and like spmob said Salvatore Grande was more than willing to do the shooting.Phil Leonetti,Nick Caramandi all said the same thing that Salvie was a man's man and if scarfo could kill him he could kill any of them.That was the beginning of the end for Scarfo.

There was a show on National Geographic last night about the Philly Mob, and they were interviewing Nick Caramandi, and he talked about how Salvie Testa would pat down guys for guns when shaking their hand. They also mentioned he had 10 hits under his belt, I don't know how true that is, being he was still a young guy. He got lucky by not getting his father looks though, who was one ugly dude.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #603022
05/14/11 01:57 PM
05/14/11 01:57 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
i think i believe the ten hits thing. for a man under scarfo in that time period. philly guys were killin each other all the time. scarfo was orderin hits like we order pizza

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: BarrettM] #603026
05/14/11 02:50 PM
05/14/11 02:50 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: BarrettM

That's a good point, Sonny. His Wikipedia article is so extensive that a lot of people make that their first stop for information, but it's a bit biased - "He was a ruggedly handsome 210-pound man who stood 6 feet tall with hazel eyes and real long lashes and dimpled cheeks." Salvie repeatedly toyed with the idea of killing whole families of mob rulebreakers, and his guys had to intentionally foil a plot he hatched to kill a whole family. I can imagine him as a good boss, though. Philly has always been robbed of good bosses. I mean, Bruno was nothing special. But he kept peace.

Can you elaborate on the story of Salvie's men having to foil the plan to kill an entire family?

I have read on phillymobspot.com that Salvie had even more than 10 hits under his belt, and was responsible for over half the hits of the Riccobene war.

BTW does anyone kow where I can buy the book "Blood and Honor" by George Anastasia with Paypal( other than ebay, because right now they only have an autographed $100 copy)? Would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 05/15/11 01:42 PM.
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #603036
05/14/11 05:49 PM
05/14/11 05:49 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14

BTW does anyone kow where I can buy the book "Blood and Honor" by George Anastasia with Paypal? Would be greatly appreciated.
ebay

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: spmob] #603042
05/14/11 09:31 PM
05/14/11 09:31 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Mussolini, the informant Nick Caramandi was my source. Not sure if he belonged to Salvie's crew officially, but Caramandi was taking orders from him. He implied that Salvie took loyalty to LCN to the extreme - when the Riccobene faction in a technical sense, disobeyed the family, he planned to tear them to shreds. When Enrico Riccobene (an innocent) killed himself once he heard Salvie had been looking for, he loved it. The way I see it, Salvie was absolutely about following the rules and destroying anyone who didn't. This Caramandi quote can tell you the rest.

Quote:
Salvie had nerve and he didn't care who he killed. Sometimes we used to go [on a contract] and we'd come back and tell him, "Well, the kids were in the car, the family's in the car.' "I don't care whose in the car', he'd say. 'Everybody goes.' That's the kind of guy he was. One Thanksgiving Day he wanted use to go into Sonny [Mario] Riccobene's house where Robert Riccobene was havin' dinner with his family. 'Shoot everybody in the house'. But he and Charlie [Iannece]] and Faffy [Francis Ianarella] made up some story that he didn't show up. Just to appease Salvie. 'Cause we didn't go for killing kids. It was something we drew a line with, but he (Testa) was just so full of venom that he didn't care. He was a guy made for 'this thing.' He loved it. He lived it.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: BarrettM] #603043
05/14/11 09:47 PM
05/14/11 09:47 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Mussolini, the informant Nick Caramandi was my source. Not sure if he belonged to Salvie's crew officially, but Caramandi was taking orders from him. He implied that Salvie took loyalty to LCN to the extreme - when the Riccobene faction in a technical sense, disobeyed the family, he planned to tear them to shreds. When Enrico Riccobene (an innocent) killed himself once he heard Salvie had been looking for, he loved it. The way I see it, Salvie was absolutely about following the rules and destroying anyone who didn't. This Caramandi quote can tell you the rest.

Quote:
Salvie had nerve and he didn't care who he killed. Sometimes we used to go [on a contract] and we'd come back and tell him, "Well, the kids were in the car, the family's in the car.' "I don't care whose in the car', he'd say. 'Everybody goes.' That's the kind of guy he was. One Thanksgiving Day he wanted use to go into Sonny [Mario] Riccobene's house where Robert Riccobene was havin' dinner with his family. 'Shoot everybody in the house'. But he and Charlie [Iannece]] and Faffy [Francis Ianarella] made up some story that he didn't show up. Just to appease Salvie. 'Cause we didn't go for killing kids. It was something we drew a line with, but he (Testa) was just so full of venom that he didn't care. He was a guy made for 'this thing.' He loved it. He lived it.

i honestly can say that imo i think that caramandi maybe the most reliable snitch that the mob ever turned out. he just seems so real in interviews and dosen't seem fame seeking like sooo many others.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: phatmatress] #603048
05/14/11 11:20 PM
05/14/11 11:20 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: phatmatress
i think i believe the ten hits thing. for a man under scarfo in that time period. philly guys were killin each other all the time. scarfo was orderin hits like we order pizza

That is true, who really knows how many people these guys killed? We only know about the fellow made guys/notable associates they killed. They could have killed others who were low on the scale, or not on the scale at all. These guys were nuts, and it was in an era when it was relatively easy to kill people and get away with it. Even the rats never tell the true scale of their crimes....

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: GerryLang] #603049
05/14/11 11:37 PM
05/14/11 11:37 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Good point, Jerry. Recently uncovered two stories of extremely low-level murdered drug dealers. One jokingly claimed he would take over the family. It was during the Stanfa era if I remember correctly, but he's a throwback to back then. Michael Cifelli, another drug dealer, was murdered for so much as selling drugs to a capo's son. As we discussed a while back, you can get away with banging another guy's wife in other families.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #603055
05/15/11 04:20 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
A damn shame, that a charismatic guy like Salvie Testa didnt get out while he still could.

Well said.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #603056
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
lol lol lol lol lol

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: phatmatress] #603063
05/15/11 01:21 PM
05/15/11 01:21 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
I look there often and so far all they have is a copy autographed by Anastasia for $100.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: phatmatress] #603064
05/15/11 01:39 PM
05/15/11 01:39 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario

Quote:

i honestly can say that imo i think that caramandi maybe the most reliable snitch that the mob ever turned out. he just seems so real in interviews and dosen't seem fame seeking like sooo many others.

I certainly have to agree about Caramandi being the most reliable witness.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #603077
05/15/11 05:44 PM
05/15/11 05:44 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
I look there often and so far all they have is a copy autographed by Anastasia for $100.

just keep watching ebay. i have a copy perhaps we can work something out. id rather not sell mine but i believe in sharing knowledge but keep watching ebay, it will pop up. did you try amazon?

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: BarrettM] #603078
05/15/11 06:04 PM
05/15/11 06:04 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Good point, Jerry. Recently uncovered two stories of extremely low-level murdered drug dealers. One jokingly claimed he would take over the family. It was during the Stanfa era if I remember correctly, but he's a throwback to back then. Michael Cifelli, another drug dealer, was murdered for so much as selling drugs to a capo's son. As we discussed a while back, you can get away with banging another guy's wife in other families.

There was an associate, Michael Avicolli, killed because he was supposedly messing with another members wife in 1996, and buried in North Jersey. I had never heard of this guy, or this hit until I came across it on the internet a few years ago. We just don't know all the stuff these guys do, because it is not stuff most people want to admit, even when they immunity. This link has some details on the Avicolli murder.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/avicolli.html

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #603080
05/15/11 06:35 PM
05/15/11 06:35 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Sal Testa was the man in Philly back in '84. Everybody loved him. The only reason he got whacked was because of his power. I often wonder how his life would've turned out if they hadn't whacked him.

prob in the can

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: phatmatress] #603086
05/15/11 10:12 PM
05/15/11 10:12 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario

just keep watching ebay. i have a copy perhaps we can work something out. id rather not sell mine but i believe in sharing knowledge but keep watching ebay, it will pop up. did you try amazon?

Does amazon accept paypal as a method of payment? Thanks for the suggestion.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #603087
05/15/11 10:18 PM
05/15/11 10:18 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
i think they do, check it out www.amazon.com

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: phatmatress] #603090
05/15/11 11:02 PM
05/15/11 11:02 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Unfortunatly they don't accept paypal. I will keep checking ebay daily and I'm sure eventually I will find a copy for sale.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #603204
05/17/11 08:35 AM
05/17/11 08:35 AM
P
PhillyKid Offline
Made Member
PhillyKid  Offline
P
Made Member
It wasn't so much Scarfo being worried about Salvie's influence as much as it was Chuckie Merlino getting even. His daughter was heartbroken and he and his family were embarrassed. Chuckie Merlino had Faffy Iannarella and Tommy DelGiorno plant ideas of treason in Scarfo's head.

Merlino was Scarfo's protege and just as much as a killer as Scarfo or Testa. Merlino wasn't gonna stop until Testa was dead. Why Scarfo is attributed with the blame is beyond me. People make this Testa out to be a martyr...he killed 11 people for christ sakes, fuck him. Merlino, Scarfo's Underboss as well as Phil Leonetti, who was a Capo in '84, were pushing for the hit, as well as several key soldiers; at some point Scarfo was just gonna give in and he did.

Scarfo saw what happened to guys like Bruno & Phil Testa and he wasn't gonna let it happen to him.

Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #603227
05/17/11 11:53 AM
05/17/11 11:53 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
And to add to this discussion:

It was also a very idiotic move of Testa to cancel the wedding at the last minute. Merlino's daughter wasn't ugly at all.

It was such an arrogant and stupid move for this guy to make when he was a rising star. He had it comming.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The murder of Salvie Testa [Re: Mussolini14] #603239
05/17/11 01:47 PM
05/17/11 01:47 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
no way i saw recent pics of her on the real deal forum she is still hot!!!!!

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull