GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mafia101), 329 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,829
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Frank_Nitti] #602181
05/05/11 03:58 PM
05/05/11 03:58 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
I was just watching some clips from the ceremony today at Ground Zero. It had some very somber moments of course, and I'm rather ashamed of those like Glen Beck who accused the President as being 'slimy', or Sean Hannity who said he was 'spiking the football' by going there today.

Not to be political, but Hannity/Beck are just pissed their boy George didn't get the job done. I'm sorry, "they" their ideological side didn't get it done.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #602183
05/05/11 04:06 PM
05/05/11 04:06 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I got teary eyed watching families of the victims. I can only imagine how the pain will never go away but hopefully this gave them some sense of relief. It was low-key, somber and touching. frown

As far as Hannity & Beck, f**k them.

TIS

JL,

How do we really know those pics are authentic??? confused

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/05/11 08:04 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #602185
05/05/11 04:11 PM
05/05/11 04:11 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

JL,

How do we really know those pics are authentic??? confused

I was watching the news, and they reported that Reuters had graphic photos from the compund. I just went to their site, and they were there.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #602187
05/05/11 04:17 PM
05/05/11 04:17 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
I'm sorry, "they" their ideological side didn't get it done.

I don't think the people in the Middle East were ever going to let Bush and company revel in the joy of their little crusade. Bush simply appeared too arrogant with his own personal role in the whole thing and just rubbed people everywhere the wrong way. It's no small wonder the revolutions in Iran and elsewhere occurred after Bush's departure.

Not so much that I think people over there view Obama as 'one of their own', but I'm not sure even a strong war hero type like McCain (whose strong personality and history go over well in places like that) would have received the assistance that the Obama administration did.

In addition to the troops of course, AND the foundations set by the Bush administration in the war on terror, I think it's to the credit of the Obama administration for always trying to forge ties and offer a practical and pragmatic approach to foreign affairs.

Last edited by Frank_Nitti; 05/05/11 04:18 PM.
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602189
05/05/11 04:29 PM
05/05/11 04:29 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
I think Beck's 'slime on his hands' comment and Hannity's 'spiking the football' were in response to the President's 'that's not who we are' regarding the release of the pictures. But yeah, Hannity I kinda like and Beck I think is sometimes interesting but they're both jaded as all hell.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Frank_Nitti] #602190
05/05/11 04:58 PM
05/05/11 04:58 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I think Beck's 'slime on his hands' comment and Hannity's 'spiking the football' were in response to the President's 'that's not who we are' regarding the release of the pictures. But yeah, Hannity I kinda like and Beck I think is sometimes interesting but they're both jaded as all hell.

Why would you "kinda like" Hannity? He's a mindless hack.

~I would say the same for Olbermann, but oh wait. He's unemployed. smile

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #602196
05/05/11 06:36 PM
05/05/11 06:36 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld

What about this idiot liberal host Mike Malloy who came out today and said Seal Unit 6 should drop in on George Bush and take out the man more responsible for deaths than Bin Laden.

As if the world and middle east are not better off without Saddam Hussein, and is if Iraq hasn't been a hotbed and supporter of everything anti-American and Western that crystallized into 911.

And like the supposed "torture" that every lefty stood against didn't help help accumulate the intelligence that led to the capture of Bin Laden.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602207
05/05/11 10:19 PM
05/05/11 10:19 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The whole "torture" thing is getting blown out of proportion, IMO. They're saying that perhaps President Obama should bring it back. However, strapping electrodes to someone's genitalia would also elicit answers. Should we make that legal???

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Sicilian Babe] #602209
05/05/11 11:04 PM
05/05/11 11:04 PM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
I found a picture from bin Laden's funeral!!!!

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602210
05/06/11 12:33 AM
05/06/11 12:33 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY

So, that's the "shrine," eh?

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602211
05/06/11 02:52 AM
05/06/11 02:52 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
I'm just going to leave this here. Although none of you will even consider it or probably even read past the first paragraph.

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2011/05/the-legacy-of-bin-laden-by-immortal-technique/

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602214
05/06/11 06:08 AM
05/06/11 06:08 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
It was an interesting read before he started to ramble. That needed editing. The author is obviously intelligent and well read. His points about blowback are well taken. That said though I feel he is making an equivalency between OBL and US foreign policy or more to the point, US citizenry that does not exist. And I say that as someone who generally does support a more isolationist, less hawkish foreign policy. I understand OBL was not the only evil in the world.

OBL ordered the deaths of 3000 Americans, not to mention attacks in Kenya and elsewhere primarily because he was upset about American troops in Saudi Arabia. So killing innocent people is the way to register discontent? I don't see it.

Of course I am biased b/c my brother works in the financial services industry in NYC. He was in and out of the WTC all the time. If the attacks had been a week earlier or later I would not have a brother today.

I generally won't mock anyone's death but in THIS case I don't have a big problem with it. There are people I respect who do have a problem with the execution of OBL (a Nuremberg War Crimes prosecutor wrote in NYT that we should have had a trial) but then again if you murder that many people, brag about it and dare the US to come get you, you really don't have room to complain when they come get you.

Again, I can only be this detached b/c my loved one is still alive. Were that not the case I too well might be dancing in the streets. Is part of that ugly? Maybe. Maybe not. But it's human.

It's a good thing OBL is off the planet. To the extent that the author points out American hypocrisies, great. But is America any more hypocritical than any other country? I don't think so.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: whisper] #602218
05/06/11 07:01 AM
05/06/11 07:01 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: whisper
I'm just going to leave this here. Although none of you will even consider it or probably even read past the first paragraph.

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2011/05/the-legacy-of-bin-laden-by-immortal-technique/

You're right. I couldn't make it past the first paragraph.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Frank_Nitti] #602221
05/06/11 08:22 AM
05/06/11 08:22 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

What about this idiot liberal host Mike Malloy who came out today and said Seal Unit 6 should drop in on George Bush and take out the man more responsible for deaths than Bin Laden.

How about him? Easy: I don't watch him, I don't listen to him.

I like how we have this political tribalism where we denounce rightly fucking idiots, then we gather around our own fucking idiots.

Enough with the fucking idiots. They add nothing to the discussion, just bullshit.
[/quote]

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602225
05/06/11 09:57 AM
05/06/11 09:57 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC
I found a picture from bin Laden's funeral!!!!

lol lol lol Oh man..that made my fucking day. You just totally redeemed yourself SC.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602233
05/06/11 10:20 AM
05/06/11 10:20 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Al-Qaida confirms Osama bin Laden's death
Associated Press
May 6, 2011

CAIRO – Al-Qaida on Friday confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden and warned of retaliation, saying Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness."

The confirmation came in an Internet statement posted on militant websites, signed by "the general leadership" of al-Qaida. The announcement opens the way for the group to name a successor to bin Laden. His deputy Ayman al-Zawahri is now the most prominent figure in the group and is a very likely contender to take his place.

The statement, dated May 3, was the first by the terror network since bin Laden was killed Monday by U.S. commandos in a raid on his hideout in Abbottabad, Pakistan. The statement's authenticity could not be independently confirmed, but it was posted on websites where the group traditionally puts out its messages.

"The blood of the holy warrior sheik, Osama bin Laden, God bless him, is too precious to us and to all Muslims to go in vain," the statement said. "We will remain, God willing, a curse chasing the Americans and their agents, following them outside and inside their countries."

"Soon, God willing, their happiness will turn to sadness," it said, "their blood will be mingled with their tears."

There was no indication how the group will retaliate. Rather than making vehement cries of vengeance, the statement — entitled "You lived as a good man, you died as a martyr" — struck a tone of calmness and continuation. Though it included praise of bin Laden, much of the 11-paragraph statement was dedicated to underlining that al-Qaida would live on, depicting him as just another in a line of "martyrs" from the group.

"It is impossible, impossible. Sheik Osama didn't build an organization to die when he dies," the statement read. "The university of faith, Quran and jihad from which bin Laden graduated will not close its doors," it added.

"The soldiers of Islam will continue in groups and united, plotting and planning without getting bored, tired, with determination, without giving up until striking a blow," the statement.

It said bin Laden was killed "along an established path followed by the best of those who came before him and those who will come after him."

In the statement, al-Qaida also called on Pakistanis to rise up in revolt against its leaders to "cleanse the shame." It also said that an audio message bin Laden recorded a week before his death would be issued soon.

The writers of the statement appeared unaware of the announcement by American officials that bin Laden's body had been buried at sea. The statement warned against mishandling or mistreating bin Laden's body and demanded that be handed over to his family, saying "any harm (to the body) will open more doors of evil, and there will be no one to blame but yourselves."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110506/ap_on_re_mi_ea/bin_laden_al_qaida

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #602234
05/06/11 10:23 AM
05/06/11 10:23 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Not to be political, but Hannity/Beck are just pissed their boy George didn't get the job done. I'm sorry, "they" their ideological side didn't get it done.

If you have been following the news, both administrations get credit. Though people on each side will try to make political hay by arguing who gets more.

Much of the necessary intelligence, which ultimately led us to Bin Laden, was gained under Bush. Then, under Obama, it was used effectively enough to track Bin Laden down.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602244
05/06/11 12:05 PM
05/06/11 12:05 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Did someone mention blowback?

This one's for Lilo and Whisper.

Skin deep analysis fails to see the cancer,
Missile defence and Star Wars aint the answer

No doubt, 9/11 was a tragedy
But 9/10ths still aint ancient history

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Frank_Nitti] #602251
05/06/11 12:52 PM
05/06/11 12:52 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Malloy is an imbecile, Frank. But you can't condemn the entire liberal ideology because of a wingnut extremist like him, any more than you can condemn the entire conservative idelology because of a wingnut extremist like Beck. They're opposite sides of the same dangerous coin. Political extremes breed nothing but hate and, ultimately, violence. The best thing to do is not pay attention to them, and to stop giving them a soapbox to stand on.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: pizzaboy] #602368
05/07/11 10:19 PM
05/07/11 10:19 PM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
Some quotes from the original 9/11 thread:

Originally Posted By: J Geoff on 9/11/03
2 years ago, today.

Never forget what those mvtherfvcking bastards did.

2 years ago, today. And Bin Laden is still alive.

(WTF is wrong with us?)

Originally Posted By: Mike Sullivan on 9/11/03
Well

The Best Military In the World

The Best Intelignce...

AND WE CANT FIND A TALL GUY WITH A BEARD!

Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti on 9/11/03
It's only a matter of time until we got Laden and Saddam. We have special forces squads that are JUST for getting these two. Hopefully they will be punished painfully and on to end up in hell.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602369
05/07/11 10:37 PM
05/07/11 10:37 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The people who are calling this an "execution" and crying that he had the right to be tried are forgetting one thing - he was a terrorist. He wasn't a criminal. He was a terrorist and a zealot. The only way to stop him from killing again was to make sure he was dead.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Sicilian Babe] #602370
05/07/11 11:19 PM
05/07/11 11:19 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
The people who are calling this an "execution" and crying that he had the right to be tried are forgetting one thing - he was a terrorist. He wasn't a criminal. He was a terrorist and a zealot. The only way to stop him from killing again was to make sure he was dead.

I maybe I suppose a "liberal," but I can't exactly shed a tear for his exit.

Besides this will be controversial, but imagine if he was captured. Blame it on the GOP or domestic politics broadly, but we can't even send henchmen terrorists to a civlian trial. Even Kansas pussied out with the mere presence of chained prisoners jailed there. Nevermind the evidence possibly gained by tor...I mean Enhanced Interrogation. Its the same reason why cops don't beat a confession out of a suspect: It taints the integrity of the evidence submitted to the court.

And the GOP/conservative Democrats will bitch that Osama is getting preferential treatment or whatever.

The other alternative is those military tribunals. Notice how they never really have went off quite frankly under Dubya or Obama, and you'll inevitably have people bitch that this amounts to a glorified kangaroo trial, Which it is. (So were the Nuremburg Trials, but nevermind.)

So yes, I'm giving the unliberal, fascist-friendly answer that'll blow Capo's head off and surely disapoint Lilo when I say that a bullet to the eye saved a government a whole lot of headache.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Sicilian Babe] #602378
05/08/11 02:02 AM
05/08/11 02:02 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
The people who are calling this an "execution" and crying...

Worse than that, some called it an assassination. ohwell

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: J Geoff] #602379
05/08/11 02:04 AM
05/08/11 02:04 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Worse than that, some called it an assassination. ohwell

On that note, I wouldn't have been shocked if Obama had given the executive order for assassination?

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602380
05/08/11 02:08 AM
05/08/11 02:08 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I wasn't there, obviously, but I'm hoping that while he was looking at the feed from his laptop, he just said, "there's the bastard, kill that mutherfucker!" ... but that's just my wishful thinking maybe wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602381
05/08/11 02:17 AM
05/08/11 02:17 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
A lot of people are angry over the fact Obama pretty much ordered a hit. Well, the Israelis have been doing this for years and they've been taking out people who have no right to have a beating heart imho. Call me a bad guy, but I hope they kill all these extremists.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602383
05/08/11 02:25 AM
05/08/11 02:25 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Okay, "Bad Guy" ... you wish tongue

The CIA has (well, at least attempted to) do this for years (but they're utterly incompetent apparently). But I don't know who these "lot" of people are you're referring to... please enlighten us!

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602384
05/08/11 02:31 AM
05/08/11 02:31 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Enlighten you? You must've heard a few people talk about international laws and bad precedents?? Well, I've heard too many people complain. Maybe Obama should whack them too.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #602385
05/08/11 02:33 AM
05/08/11 02:33 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
I've heard too many people complain.

I don't pay that close attention -- who, exactly, is complaining?

(I'm not picking on you, I'm just curious)

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602386
05/08/11 02:36 AM
05/08/11 02:36 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Well, my mother has a problem with it. My teachers as well.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull