GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, 2 invisible), 250 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,324
Posts1,058,623
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How does the family actually run? #600651
04/23/11 03:35 PM
04/23/11 03:35 PM
R
rg Offline OP
Made Member
rg  Offline OP
R
Made Member
I always wanted to know how each family runs.. I understand the capos meet the associates and kick up.. What does the underboss do? Who meets the boss? Can u guys give me the chain of command.. Each envelope goes to the underboss and then he meets the boss? DO they square up every week? Also, if anyone can tell me, what do these guys do all day.. A capo, associate, consg, underboss and boss... Are any of the active guys out at nightclubs like Merlino was?

Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #600663
04/23/11 05:56 PM
04/23/11 05:56 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
they all sit around all day wearing garter belts and watching the teletubbies. the capos watch over to make sure the soilders and capos learn everything they can from tinkie winkie. when the capo grows tired of this he calls up the consiglerie. the consig then gets together with all the capos in the family and they have an 8bit nes tourtament of mortal kombat on nes. the 2 winners of the tourtament get rewarded by slapping the underboss in the mouth then sucking the ring finger of the boss.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: phatmatress] #600666
04/23/11 06:08 PM
04/23/11 06:08 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: phatmatress
they all sit around all day wearing garter belts and watching the teletubbies. the capos watch over to make sure the soilders and capos learn everything they can from tinkie winkie. when the capo grows tired of this he calls up the consiglerie. the consig then gets together with all the capos in the family and they have an 8bit nes tourtament of mortal kombat on nes. the 2 winners of the tourtament get rewarded by slapping the underboss in the mouth then sucking the ring finger of the boss.

lol lol

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: phatmatress] #600675
04/23/11 06:43 PM
04/23/11 06:43 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss

good answer moron. Did u ever think this guy mayb tryng to learn about LCN and just askng a question? I doubt he or i or alot of other members wanna read your dumb fuckin comments. If a question seems dumb to you just keep your mouth shut and let other members answer it

Last edited by thebarber; 04/23/11 06:44 PM.
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #600677
04/23/11 07:01 PM
04/23/11 07:01 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: rg
I always wanted to know how each family runs.. I understand the capos meet the associates and kick up.. What does the underboss do? Who meets the boss? Can u guys give me the chain of command.. Each envelope goes to the underboss and then he meets the boss? DO they square up every week? Also, if anyone can tell me, what do these guys do all day.. A capo, associate, consg, underboss and boss... Are any of the active guys out at nightclubs like Merlino was?

The textbook structure of each Mafia family is the same. At the top you have the administration - the boss, underboss, and consigliere. They oversee the family as a whole. Below them you have a certain number of captains, depending on how big the family is. And under each captain you have crews of soldiers and associates.

In more practical terms, how each position functions specifically, and families in general, may vary more or less. Some bosses are more hands on and willing to deal directly with soldiers and associates. Others are more aloof, and will only deal with a few trusted intermediaries.

The classic boss/underboss/consigliere set up is becoming more and more rare. There is too much turnover with guys getting indicted. So now it's more common for the official boss to retain his title while in prison while the family is run on the outside by acting bosses, ruling panels, etc.

Nowadays, it's much more common for the underboss and consigliere to be directly involved in running the family's rackets as well. They're not just sitting around, waiting for the envelopes from the captains, so they can go over to the boss' house and give him his money.

Obviously money still is forwarded up from soldiers and associates, to captains, to the administration. But bosses, underbosses, consiglieri, and captains also often have their own business interests too in addition to the tribute they receive.

For years now the families have tried to be much less obvious. Much less hanging out at some social club every day, where feds can watch. Communication is done through messengers more than having risky high level meetings. They're not as visible in terms of hopping from nightclub to nightclub. At least the smarts one aren't.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: thebarber] #600703
04/24/11 01:08 AM
04/24/11 01:08 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: thebarber

good answer moron. Did u ever think this guy mayb tryng to learn about LCN and just askng a question? I doubt he or i or alot of other members wanna read your dumb fuckin comments. If a question seems dumb to you just keep your mouth shut and let other members answer it
its a joke there big guy. calm down. i knew someone would answer him. "I doubt he or i or alot of other members wanna read your dumb fuckin comments. If a question seems dumb to you just keep your mouth shut and let other members answer it" then guess what douche bag don't fucking read it. if you wanna help go become a sunday school teacher or something. its great how you try to degrade me but you still left the question unanswered. douchebag.

Last edited by phatmatress; 04/24/11 01:12 AM.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: phatmatress] #600732
04/24/11 10:36 AM
04/24/11 10:36 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thebarber
[quote=phatmatress]they all sit around all day wearing garter belts and watching the teletubbies. the capos watch over to make sure the soilders and capos learn everything they can from tinkie winkie. when the capo grows tired of this he calls up the consiglerie. the consig then gets together with all the capos in the family and they have an 8bit nes tourtament of mortal kombat on nes. the 2 winners of the tourtament get rewarded by slapping the underboss in the mouth then sucking the ring finger of the boss. [/qu

its a joke there big guy. calm down. i knew someone would answer him. "I doubt he or i or alot of other members wanna read your dumb fuckin comments. If a question seems dumb to you just keep your mouth shut and let other members answer it" then guess what douche bag don't fucking read it. if you wanna help go become a sunday school teacher or something. its great how you try to degrade me but you still left the question unanswered. douchebag.

I am not trying to degrade any1 but that is just retarded bullshit that people dont wanna read. Thats a joke ?? What are you 10 years old. Thats the only age range that wud find a dumb fuckin comment like that funny

Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #600742
04/24/11 12:00 PM
04/24/11 12:00 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Relax Barber. The man was quite obviously joking and besides, we have Ivy League here, the guy who knows everything.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #600765
04/24/11 06:06 PM
04/24/11 06:06 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
yes ivy league is great. so is dapper don. for what i lack in maturity they make up for in knowledge so it all balances out. im sooo sorry i offended you barber. and for the record i wouldn't make fun of anyone's maturity level that uses "any1" you've been told about it before.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: IvyLeague] #600777
04/24/11 08:28 PM
04/24/11 08:28 PM

J
Jk987
Unregistered
Jk987
J
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: rg

The textbook structure of each Mafia family is the same. At the top you have the administration - the boss, underboss, and consigliere. They oversee the family as a whole. Below them you have a certain number of captains, depending on how big the family is. And under each captain you have crews of soldiers and associates.

In more practical terms, how each position functions specifically, and families in general, may vary more or less. Some bosses are more hands on and willing to deal directly with soldiers and associates. Others are more aloof, and will only deal with a few trusted intermediaries.

The classic boss/underboss/consigliere set up is becoming more and more rare. There is too much turnover with guys getting indicted. So now it's more common for the official boss to retain his title while in prison while the family is run on the outside by acting bosses, ruling panels, etc.

Nowadays, it's much more common for the underboss and consigliere to be directly involved in running the family's rackets as well. They're not just sitting around, waiting for the envelopes from the captains, so they can go over to the boss' house and give him his money.

Obviously money still is forwarded up from soldiers and associates, to captains, to the administration. But bosses, underbosses, consiglieri, and captains also often have their own business interests too in addition to the tribute they receive.

For years now the families have tried to be much less obvious. Much less hanging out at some social club every day, where feds can watch. Communication is done through messengers more than having risky high level meetings. They're not as visible in terms of hopping from nightclub to nightclub. At least the smarts one aren't.

Nicely said. +rep

Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: phatmatress] #600789
04/24/11 09:29 PM
04/24/11 09:29 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
yes ivy league is great. so is dapper don. for what i lack in maturity they make up for in knowledge so it all balances out. im sooo sorry i offended you barber. and for the record i wouldn't make fun of anyone's maturity level that uses "any1" you've been told about it before.

why thank u

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: phatmatress] #600820
04/25/11 01:53 AM
04/25/11 01:53 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
yes ivy league is great.

I was being sarcastic...as far as books and reports go, he knows a few things, but he doesn't know any of these guys we talk about. A lot of the shit he says is just assumptions.

Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #600823
04/25/11 02:13 AM
04/25/11 02:13 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
i enjoy his posts ive never came across him acting like he knows someone. but unlike some other people i respect your decision to not enjoy his posts for whatever reason you may have.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #600842
04/25/11 09:14 AM
04/25/11 09:14 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I thought this topic was about how a crime family runs...

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #600908
04/25/11 03:25 PM
04/25/11 03:25 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
I was being sarcastic...as far as books and reports go, he knows a few things, but he doesn't know any of these guys we talk about. A lot of the shit he says is just assumptions.

You could count on one hand (and have a few fingers left over) the amount of posters on these forums who actually know these guys we're talking about. So sifting through info from books, articles, reports, indictments, etc. is what we have to work with.

And I'm very curious as to what "assumptions" of mine you're talking about? I certainly make an assumption now and again but "lots?" I don't think so.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/25/11 03:30 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: phatmatress] #600909
04/25/11 03:30 PM
04/25/11 03:30 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

i enjoy his posts ive never came across him acting like he knows someone. but unlike some other people i respect your decision to not enjoy his posts for whatever reason you may have.

People over on the Real Deal forum, where I go by "wiseguy," know that I've never pretended to be anything I'm not. I've always been straight forward about where I'm from (Utah), what I do for a living (juvenile probation), and whatever else. And I've also always said that I get the vast majority of my info from the same sources that virtually everyone else does - books, articles, reports, indictments, etc.

Of course, in the past this has led to some debates with certain "local guys." There are a handful of local guys who have good info and I've had little reason to question them. But the trouble makers are those who try to use what I call the "geography card" to win arguments. That is, they think because they live in a certain location that it gives them inside knowledge the rest of us are not privy to. And they don't need to lower themselves to going to outside sources like the rest of us. These types are usually full of crap and have to play that card precisely because the facts don't support their arguments. They're easy to spot.

Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: IvyLeague] #600916
04/25/11 04:50 PM
04/25/11 04:50 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
That is, they think because they live in a certain location that it gives them inside knowledge the rest of us are not privy to. And they don't need to lower themselves to going to outside sources like the rest of us. These types are usually full of crap and have to play that card precisely because the facts don't support their arguments. They're easy to spot.
i hate the geo card just because someone is from the bronx or brooklyn dosent mean your in tight with who ever we are talking about.......because theres a million other people that have a brooklyn or bronx address on their id!

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #601075
04/27/11 08:37 AM
04/27/11 08:37 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
My question on this subject is do soldiers usually kick up a percentage of there earnings each wk or is it a set amount they have to kick up every week ??

Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #601133
04/27/11 03:37 PM
04/27/11 03:37 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
ive always understood it to be a percent from a score. but i would think that maybe they have like a set amount they must meet each week. this is totally my speculation.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #601138
04/27/11 04:39 PM
04/27/11 04:39 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
there is a amount that they have to give each week , along with the cut from a score.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #601172
04/27/11 10:01 PM
04/27/11 10:01 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
thats what i thought but i was just thinking so i made clear that i was not citing a source and just making my assumptions.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #601180
04/27/11 11:59 PM
04/27/11 11:59 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
My uncle was a bookie and Irish. He worked closely with LCN and paid a cut in exchange for territory and protection. He did not work a "legal" job his entire life after serving in WWII.

He paid a minimum fee every week and a percentage of proceeds from his book.

On big betting weekends, when more than one sport overlapped, he made his payments on a daily basis.

He also "laid off" other bookies, this was before Vegas built sport books and the internet, which meant he took bets from other bookies around the country to balance their books. He had guys that each helped each other. All this was done over a wire (ever hear of Continental or Pioneer News? Reagan or Molasky?)

He rarely lost money on any given week and had a goal of making 12 - 15% of the money bet.

He spent time in Vegas with some of the first casino books to set their lines and moved them according to the money flow.

He told me he never got in trouble ("roughed up") because he always paid on time and never over extended himself, but mostly because he made his guys a lot of money, consistently.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: How does the family actually run? [Re: rg] #601298
04/28/11 06:50 PM
04/28/11 06:50 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
makes sense that there would b a minimum amount they have 2 send up every wk or month

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull