GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 241 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37666
04/08/06 12:06 PM
04/08/06 12:06 PM
Jimmy Buffer Offline OP
Underboss
Jimmy Buffer  Offline OP
Underboss
Apple,

If I don't get an "Oh boy we may have finally figured out exactly how the horse's head got chopped off, now I can die in peace" reply, I'm going to be more than a little disappointed. lol tongue

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37667
04/08/06 12:54 PM
04/08/06 12:54 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
[QUOTE]... The true answer, which Apple will surely point out, is that it is a movie that doesn't have to make sense so anything's possible....
Not so much that, but as others have stated in past threads on various topics...what happens in the movie and what happens in the novel do not necessarily always match up.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37668
04/08/06 02:16 PM
04/08/06 02:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
If chopping off Khartoum's head was in fact Vito's idea, could he just have had someone out in California do the deed, rather than a Corleone soldier? Wasn't the Molinari family that guranteed Fredo's safety in Vegas stationed in California? If Vito trusted them enough to protect his son, I'm sure he trusted them enough to chop off the head of a horse.
Yes. And another possibility: Vito was influential enough in the Hollywood unions for Tom to guarantee that Woltz would have no labor problems if he gave Johnny the part. Presumably he could have used his influence with the unions for them to apply some muscle to the horse.
But in the deleted scene, Vito says to Tom, "Tell Luca Brasi to come in. I think we're gonna find a way to reason with this Mr. Jack Woltz." That line tells me it was Luca who did it--after a decent interval. (The novel notes that Luca was quite a man with the axe.)

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37669
04/08/06 03:06 PM
04/08/06 03:06 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
This is just an incidental observation that doesn't further the topic at hand wink , but since we've temporarily sidetracked onto the subject of Khartoum and the circumstances of his death, I thought I would post it.

While I was watching the Saga on TV, the scene of Tom meeting with Vito and Sonny is inserted after Tom returns from Hollywood. After Vito hears what Tom has to say about Woltz, he says, "Call Luca Brasi. We're going to find a way to reason with this Woltz." Then the scene cuts to Woltz's mansion and shows his "rude awakening."

Immediately after that, the movie cuts back to Vito, still in his living room, his head tilted contemplatively, as he resumes his conversation with Tom and Sonny. I thought that was a very odd point at which to insert the Woltz scene because it almost appears as though Vito took a moment to "day dream" his ideal Woltz intimidation scenario, instead of actually carrrying it out in concrete reality. It's as if Vito momentarily lapsed into a fugue state until Tom and Sonny's words brought him back into the present. (I know "fugue" isn't quite the right word, but it's the closest psychological approximation I can think of.)

It would have made more sense to have Vito, Tom, and Sonny finish their discussion (even though it focused on Sollozzo in its later stages), THEN break to a new scene (which would indicate a new point in time) showing Woltz discovering Khartoum, and THEN break again to a slightly later point in time by showing the Sollozzo meeting. All this made me ponder about whether FFC employed a different editor to put together The Saga. The Godfather is generally not an "interiorized" film; i.e., it doesn't visualize for us the interior thoughts of its protagonists. The only exceptions are Michael's reminiscences at the end of GF2 & GF3 (and saving the technique til the end like that was masterful, as it heightened the impact of the tragedy). Maybe this editor wanted to show us "what Vito was thinking," but cutting the scene that way was kind of out of step with the overall tone of the film.

A tiny flaw, anyway... but I digress. All in all, the scene does show us, as Turnbull noted, that killing Khartoum was Vito's idea wink .

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37670
04/08/06 03:15 PM
04/08/06 03:15 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Cristina's Way:
... but I digress...
Ya think ???

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37671
04/08/06 03:21 PM
04/08/06 03:21 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
When you call my cable company to have HBO installed and then agree to pay the extra premium per month, then I'll be happy to begin watching The Sopranos.

Ol' Buddy, ol' pal.

tongue

Apple
What's your address?

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37672
04/08/06 03:31 PM
04/08/06 03:31 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
BTW Apple, I have to give credit where credit is due because you've finally came into the 20th century by reading The Godfather Novel...
I thought we're all living in the 21st century wink .

... but have you completed your journey by getting HBO so that you can now watch the Sopranos?
Ah, I think I see what Don Cardi means. Reading The Godfather (along with watching the films, of course) means you have completed your requirements to be culturally literate in the 20th century. To move to the next step of becoming a citizen of the 21st century, one must experience The Sopranos.

I guess I'm really antediluvian: not only don't I have HBO to see The Sopranos, I also do not own a DVD player. I have to view The Godfather films on VHS tapes eek ! PLUS I've forgotten almost all of The Godfather novel since I last read it 17 odd years ago. Is there hope for me?

Well, at least I have a computer cool . I think I'll check out the library's online catalogue to see if The Godfather is available to sign out. This might get me to the 18th century yet [Linked Image].

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37673
04/08/06 03:49 PM
04/08/06 03:49 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]...What's your address?...
lol

Thanks for the gesture, but don't bother...from what I've been hearing, this is supposed to be the last season anyway.

Once it's finally finished, they'll probably start rerunning on Lifetime or the WB11...just like with 'Sex And The City'.

Send the cable guy to Christina's Way...she seems to need something to write about.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37674
04/08/06 03:56 PM
04/08/06 03:56 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
not only don't I have HBO to see The Sopranos, I also do not own a DVD player. PLUS I've forgotten almost all of The Godfather novel since I last read it 17 odd years ago. Is there hope for me?

I think I'll check out the library's online catalogue to see if The Godfather is available to sign out. This might get me to the 18th century yet [Linked Image].
No dvd player. Ok.

No HBO. Ok.

Not owning the Godfather Novel and being a member of these boards? UNEXCUSABLE! AN INFAMIA! confused (please talk to her Apple)

You have until the end of the month to aquire a copy of the novel. tongue wink After that, then you'll have to appear before the gangsterbb commission and show cause. wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37675
04/08/06 04:03 PM
04/08/06 04:03 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]...Not owning the Godfather Novel and being a member of these boards? UNEXCUSABLE! AN INFAMIA! confused (please talk to her Apple)...
Save it for da lieberry.

Which I was planning to do until one fateful evening in September, 2005 wink

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37676
04/08/06 07:21 PM
04/08/06 07:21 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
Not owning the Godfather Novel and being a member of these boards? UNEXCUSABLE! AN INFAMIA!

You have until the end of the month to aquire a copy of the novel. tongue wink After that, then you'll have to appear before the gangsterbb commission and show cause. wink

At first, I had a blithe Fredo-like attitude after reading that. "Meh, what can they do, bring in my long lost brother from Sicily?" Then I saw your photo of the commission members:

[Linked Image]

Those three in the front look like they mean business, especially the one in the middle with his arms crossed. I can expect no mercy. I better get that book pronto [Linked Image].

BTW, from my browsing the boards (but mostly from following the link to the photos smile ), I've come to recognize that the three men in the front row are Don Cardi, Geoff Malta (the big boss), and SC. I'm curious to know if the other people in the photos have user names on this BB (just so I can attach a face to the name). In the first photo, I think one of the women is The Italian Stallionette (I'm guessing from viewing another photo on that site where T.I.S. was identified). Do the others have BB user names?

Of course, if they are "civilians" (non-gangsterBB members), I don't want you to post their real names. But it does raise this question: What are civilians doing on the commission? wink wink

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37677
04/08/06 07:45 PM
04/08/06 07:45 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
2005 BB Get-Together

CW - If you check out this thread from General Discussion, you'll find out who all of those in the photo are. Pages 10 and 11 have the most photos.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37678
04/08/06 08:01 PM
04/08/06 08:01 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Who is that DOG with the dark brown hair ???

[Linked Image]

Man, I hope she doesn't show up for dinner in August...talk about losing your appetite.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37679
04/09/06 09:20 PM
04/09/06 09:20 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
2005 BB Get-Together

CW - If you check out this thread from General Discussion, you'll find out who all of those in the photo are. Pages 10 and 11 have the most photos.
Thank you for the link, SB [Linked Image]. As I perused it, I had a sense of déja vu; and then I realized its source: Don Cardi provided that link in one of his posts about 5 or 6 months ago, shortly after I joined this BB. There was so much material there (it's a 19-page thread, remember cool ), that I think I became overwhelmed; and as a result, I didn't at first recognize some of the people in the above 2 photos. But it's all coming back to me now ...

From reading your link 6 months ago, I of course remember what you (and Mr. Babe) look like. Don Geoff is also very recognizable. I used to get Don Cardi and SC mixed up; but now that I've seen their pictures a few times, I'm finally getting it straight that SC is the one with the mustache (and Don Cardi is the one with the temper -- especially toward waiters; I hope at this year's GanagsterBB, the restaurant remembers to thaw the desserts grin ).

Although I think I can now accurately identify who is in the photos, still need some help. SB, tell me if my guesses are right:

[Linked Image]

l to r: Right off the bat, I'm stumped; I don't know who that distinguished looking fellow with the beard is. Does he have a BB user name? Next, is Don Cardi, followed by... I'm not sure, but SB, is that you? If I look closely, I see a pair of glasses. Next is the partial head of someone who I believe is Lori (I've seen her often in photos with Don Geoff; does she have a user name on this BB? Maybe I've debated with her and not even realized it). I believe that the next person is TIS, then Geoff, SC, and someone named Don Sicilia, whom I don't recall encountering on these boards (so I don't know if I've had the pleasure of arguing with him!)

Next picture:

[Linked Image]

l to r, back row: OMG, is that Apple? She looks so Italian. Because of the Kay avatar, I had a totally different picture in my mind. I was expecting her to look like... well, Kay. Next is Lori; then Mignon's daugher, Becky (who turned quite a few heads, so I've read wink ), and Mignon. The people in the front row, of course, need no introduction.

How did I do?

BTW, I must comment on this photo from the link you provided:

[Linked Image]

As soon as I first saw that photo 6 months ago, I noted that Mr. Babe looks just like a man who used to work at the same place of employment I did. All the gals working there had a crush on him wink . I wonder if Mr. Babe has the same problem where he works.

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37680
04/09/06 09:41 PM
04/09/06 09:41 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]...OMG, is that Apple? She looks so Italian. Because of the Kay avatar, I had a totally different picture in my mind. I was expecting her to look like... well, Kay...
lol

If we all looked like our Avatars then I'd like to set up my niece with Sicilian Babe!!

Christina's Way...good thing you weren't around yet when I was using Brando for a while!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37681
04/09/06 09:52 PM
04/09/06 09:52 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
Ah, that brings back memories. When I first joined these boards 6 months ago, I kept referring to Sicilian Babe as "he" (until she corrected me). smile

... and she also graciously set me straight about MaryCas before I could further embarrass myself wink .

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37682
04/09/06 10:33 PM
04/09/06 10:33 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
To Don Cardi:

I was nervous about the prospect of appearing before the commission.

But then I realized that since the commission members are so benevolent in nature toward each other ...

[Linked Image]

... then surely they will be compassionate with me.

And if the head of the commission conducts proceedings in this relaxed attitude ...

[Linked Image]

... then I have nothing to worry about. wink wink

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37683
04/09/06 10:38 PM
04/09/06 10:38 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
By the way...how does Lori always manage to get behind somebody and end up with half her face cut out of the photo???

We shall have to get her front & center at the Philly session.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37684
04/09/06 11:18 PM
04/09/06 11:18 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
By the way...how does Lori always manage to get behind somebody and end up with half her face cut out of the photo???
Not always.

With Mikey Montana (courtesy of Sr. Vitelli)
[Linked Image]

One of my favorites.... with JG and DC
[Linked Image]

And with Vito - before he "turned"
[Linked Image]

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37685
04/09/06 11:35 PM
04/09/06 11:35 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Although I think I can now accurately identify who is in the photos, still need some help.
[Linked Image]

From the left: Thats Mikey Montana, who has yet to post although he's been a member for two years.... Don Cardi, LDV (LaDolceVita), Lori who is registered here as Consigliere's Lady, TIS, Geoff, me and Don Sicilia (who is known as Douche in the sports threads).

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37686
04/10/06 09:34 AM
04/10/06 09:34 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Thank you, SC...for sharing those MUCH NICER photos of 'Consigliere's Lady'!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37687
04/10/06 10:05 AM
04/10/06 10:05 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by SC:
[]

And with Vito - before he "turned"
[Linked Image]
Uh, I think Vito's a goner after last night... ohwell

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37688
04/10/06 01:54 PM
04/10/06 01:54 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Apple - If anyone is getting their hands on my avatar, it's going to be me, me, me!!! lol

CW - Yes (sigh), I have to hear from my husband's female coworkers about how terrific he is, how lucky I am, how they all think he would make just the "best" husband...

TB - Well, they sort of left it up in the air, didn't they? I must agree with your estimation, though.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37689
04/10/06 03:27 PM
04/10/06 03:27 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
CW-

I really hope you can come to a commission meeting. You will have a great time. smile August 18-20 2006

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37690
04/10/06 03:41 PM
04/10/06 03:41 PM
Hampton, Virginia
Antoni Canoli Offline
Made Member
Antoni Canoli  Offline
Made Member
Hampton, Virginia
Where is the commision meeting?

Finance is a gun, Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37691
04/10/06 05:09 PM
04/10/06 05:09 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Philly

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37692
04/10/06 05:30 PM
04/10/06 05:30 PM
Hampton, Virginia
Antoni Canoli Offline
Made Member
Antoni Canoli  Offline
Made Member
Hampton, Virginia
Thats not too far for me... hmm.. will have to think about this some more...

Finance is a gun, Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37693
04/10/06 06:32 PM
04/10/06 06:32 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
A big thank you to SC for posting the identities of the people in the photo, along with user names and a bit of posting history [Linked Image]. Now when I read about the 2006 Gangster BB meeting and see all the digital photos, I'll be even more clued in wink .

(I also see that I mistook someone else for Sicilian Babe; oops. It was the hair colour and the glasses that threw me... plus, the photo was taken at night and from a distance. I'll just have to flip through more photos from this site if I want to hone my I.D. skills smile .)

Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37694
04/10/06 06:39 PM
04/10/06 06:39 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Christina, I don't agree. I think the scene you describe was in perfect sync. It was a way to illustrate Vito's reach even into that faraway world. It was also a way to illustrate Vito's concept of reason which you might remember from the novel was described in some detail.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Who ordered the brothel hit? #37695
04/10/06 06:42 PM
04/10/06 06:42 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
So, that's what Apple looks like. "Angelo, you got her mugged and numbered up there? Good. Go!"

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull