GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,668
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jersey Shore #599146
04/03/11 08:10 PM
04/03/11 08:10 PM
Italian_Mafia_Boss Offline OP
Boss Of All Bosses
Italian_Mafia_Boss  Offline OP
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
There's probably already a topic about this but I haven't been on in a while and I was just skimming the site and saw some very negative posts about this TV show and wanted to point some things out to you all. I originally heard about the show through an email from NIAF (National Italian American Foundation) stating that there were some things on TV portraying Italians badly. One of them was an episode of Desperate Housewives, one was a skit on SNL, and the other was Jersey Shore. At first I was pissed like any other Italian would be.

However when I clicked on the link and watched a few episodes I realized something that I guess some of you fail to realize. It's just entertainment, nothing more, it's actually quite an entertaining TV show. I admit their use of the word Guido gave us a bad rap and now some of the younger generations are familiar with the word but nonetheless it's just a TV show. People need to lighten up.

One of the things I saw was people judging some of the castmates when no one on here knows them outside the show (that I'm aware of). Last summer I actually took a trip to Seaside Heights, New Jersey where the show is filmed. I actually met some of the cast members and they're actually pretty nice people especially The Situation. Many of you say he has no talent but if that were true how come he is making $10 million per year? That's not from Jersey Shore, that's actually from many business deals and endorsements which takes a smart person to know how to do business. He has his own company, book, workout DVD, clothing line, cologne, vodka, jewelry, iPhone app, workout supplement, rap song, environmentally friendly gym bag, and much more. And no people just didn't offer these endorsements to him, many of the things he put together by himself. Donald Trump, who is one of the richest entrepreneurs ever, stated in an interview that The Situation was actually a very smart person and knew what he was doing business-wise. And actually Donald Trump has been trying to do business with The Situation way before the Trump Roast. So if The Situation had no talent how come he's making a shitload of money by himself? He's making more money not from a reality TV show, but through his own business, which is more than any people will ever make in their entire lives. Not to mention if someone as rich as Donald Trump is trying to do business with him, you know he has to know what he's doing.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and show everyone things from a different perspective.

Ya know one thing about us wise guys? The hustle never ends.- Tony Soprano
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599152
04/03/11 09:59 PM
04/03/11 09:59 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
It wasn't MTV.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599155
04/03/11 10:51 PM
04/03/11 10:51 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
MTV paid Situation $60,000 an episode for doing Season 2 of Jersey Shore, and between $15,000 and $50,000 per event for appearances. That's pretty well documented. All in all that comes out to about $5 million for the year.

Then, you add in endorsement deals which were obviouly part of his MTV package, and it comes to about $10 million per.

Getting endorsements are part of being in the entertainment industry, bud. The guy may have great abs but a business tycoon he ain't.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599175
04/04/11 01:12 PM
04/04/11 01:12 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

The Situation wouldn't be anything without Jersey Shore. None of them would be, probably.

I live just a few miles from Seaside, and the "entertainment" on Jersey Shore makes me cringe. Though I think only one cast member is actually from NJ, it gives Jersey and the shore a bad (worse) name. When I'm out of the area and people ask where I'm from, I now cringe telling them. (It was better to be associated with The Sopranos than Jersey Shore lol)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: J Geoff] #599181
04/04/11 01:43 PM
04/04/11 01:43 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I read they were filming this season in Italy. I also read that Italy is not thrilled at all. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Frank_Nitti] #599197
04/04/11 03:16 PM
04/04/11 03:16 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
They weren't part of the MTV package because if that were true all of the cast members would be getting endorsements which they certainly are not. The Situation is making more than any of them because of his own intelligence.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: J Geoff] #599198
04/04/11 03:18 PM
04/04/11 03:18 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
That may be true but he's branching out from the show and doing his own thing which none of the other cast members are doing. You also have to take into account that they film this show 24/7 for a period of 3 months straight and there's 100 times as much footage that is not shown on the show, so you don't get the whole picture and MTV edits it to make it seem like a certain way.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #599199
04/04/11 03:19 PM
04/04/11 03:19 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Actually ironically I don't think there was an actual official source claiming this, the people who said this were from Italian-American foundations, not from Italy.

Actually just found an excerpt from the Italian Vanity Fair, looks like Italy might actually be welcoming the Jersey Shore cast.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599206
04/04/11 04:13 PM
04/04/11 04:13 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
From the Huffington Post:

'Jersey Shore' Italy Broadcast Causing Outrage

The self-styled guidos and guidettes of "Jersey Shore" are headed to Italy, but they may not receive much of a warm welcome.

The hit MTV reality show, which features larger than life characters such as The Situation and Snooki, hard-partying twenty somethings proud of their mostly Italian genealogical and cultural heritage, has finally hit airwaves in Italy. And it's being met with outrage.

Roberto Del Bove, a columnist for a newspaper Rome, wrote that the show's stars "embody the worst stereotypes of Italians, multiplied by thousands and Americanized," according to the NY Post. A number of other columnists and editorials have slammed the show, as have viewers speaking out over the internet.

The show received heavy criticism when it first came out in the United States in 2009; a national Italian-American organization, UNICO, called it "trash television."

The show's cast will head to Italy to film the fourth season, which reignited UNICO's anger. In January, they said, "People used to go to the circus to see the freak show – that is what this will be... It will not only hurt Italians but all Americans … their outrageous, reprehensible behavior will make us look like buffoons and bimbos."

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599208
04/04/11 04:28 PM
04/04/11 04:28 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Originally Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss
They weren't part of the MTV package because if that were true all of the cast members would be getting endorsements which they certainly are not.

Well your deductive logic fails you here yet again because the other members of the show have indeed received all sorts of endorsement deals. I see Ron on TV promoting some sort of vitamin supplement, Snookie has a frickin' book coming out, Vinnie has made appearances on other MTV shows, and Pauly D now gets $50,000 when he DJ's an event. Those are just the public endorsements I'm mentioning. They get paid in free merchandise or royalties for marketing a whole variety of products and services that we never hear of.

You obviously don't understand that MTV is part of the Viacom corporation and has paid entertainers just like any Hollywood studio would. When MTV recruits potential pop idols to appear on the REal World or other MTV broadcasts, they give them endorsement deals and promotions after making the respective shows which then binds them to the MTV Viacom 'System'. This prevents them from taking their popularity and appeal to other entertainment companies.

The fact that Situation has gotten so many deals is due to his extreme (albeit fleeting) popularity and because he carried this very popular show, which was a HUGE money maker for Viacom. Not because of any business savvy he might have. That's a joke.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599239
04/04/11 08:03 PM
04/04/11 08:03 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss
...there's 100 times as much footage that is not shown on the show, so you don't get the whole picture and MTV edits it to make it seem like a certain way.

Okay, MTV edits it a certain way to make it even more ridiculous than it is already is! tongue That changes absolutely nothing of what I wrote above.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599240
04/04/11 08:22 PM
04/04/11 08:22 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
The Jersey Shore is most certainly amusing and I really don't know why people are so offended. I am not Italian American and this show has absolutely NO AFFECT on how I view the Italian American community. I'd be surprised if there are many people out there who watch The Jersey Shore and think this is how all Italian Americans are like. Jersey Shore wouldn't be Jersey Shore if it wasn't for this colorful cast. No sane tv producer picks regular people to star in a reality show. I think people need to take it for what it is, entertainment. The Situation is an exceptionally dumb person and when you're this dumb, chances are you're gonna make money of off it. Anyway, I am looking forward to the new season and will have toilet paper ready when J Woww gets her freak on.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #599244
04/04/11 09:07 PM
04/04/11 09:07 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
I partially agree with you Vinny but I disagree on saying that The Situation is dumb. We can't make judgments about people based on how they're portrayed on television.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599248
04/04/11 10:13 PM
04/04/11 10:13 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
I'm actually not sure why this show has received such criticism in that it's not much different than most other reality shows. It's laden with sex and debauchery as that's what sells. Young guys and gals trying to hook up and have a good time, which is what most young people do these days and thus its wide-spread popularity.

(Although granted, most of the guys are in the late 20's or early 30's (Pauly D) and should probably be moving onto something else at this point in their lives, but what are you gonna do.)

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #599273
04/05/11 03:18 PM
04/05/11 03:18 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Agreed.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #604012
05/24/11 04:10 PM
05/24/11 04:10 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
'Jersey Shore's' The Situation and Ronnie get into a MAJOR fist fight!

Last Updated: 2:30 PM, May 24, 2011

It was a good ol' Jersey fist fight -- in Italy.

Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro got into what's being called a "major fist fight" last night during the show's filming in Italy.

Photos taken afterward show The Situation, who had the hood of a sweatshirt pulled over his head, with red marks on his face and Ronnie with what appeared to be fresh cuts on his knuckles.

The beatdown may have started after a blowout between Ronnie and Sammi, TMZ.com reported.

The "Shore" cast already has stirred things up in the old country.

Earlier this month, Deena Cortese was helped back over a ledge by fellow guidette Samantha “Sammi Sweetheart” Giancola after she nearly took a spill while sightseeing in Florence.

The self-proclaimed “blast in a glass” decided to channel her inner daredevil when she climbed over the ledge and nearly plunged into Florence’s River Arno.

The cast also started a cross-town pizza war.

Ronnie, Pauly D and the rest of the cast went to work as apprentice pizzaioli at the locally popular O' Vesuvio Pizzeria in the heart of Florence's historic city center.

That led a rival pizzeria to shun shun the guidos and guidettes.

Just across the famous Ponte Vecchio bridge from O'Vesuvio, Munaciello Pizzeria has placed a bright green sign in their window that said, "Tamarri Americans? 'Jersey Shore' . . . no thank you. Only real Italian pizza," according to various Italian newspapers. Tamarri is Italian slang that can be roughly translated as yokel or uncultured idiot.

And officials banned the meatball-loving, booze-swilling cast from shooting at some of the most famous locations in the Renaissance city -- including the renowned Uffizi gallery and the sculpture-filled Boboli Gardens.

Mayor Matteo Renzi also declared the stars must not be filmed in bars and clubs that serve alcohol and must not be filmed drinking in public. He also said he wants the show to promote Italy and feature its culture, traditions and good food.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv...P#ixzz1NInwTWZQ

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #604040
05/24/11 09:00 PM
05/24/11 09:00 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Haha Mike looks so sad in the picture too. I think he's been punched in every season.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #606566
06/29/11 09:17 AM
06/29/11 09:17 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
Need some opinoins to help settle a dispute. Who do u guys think is hotter sammi or jenni ??? Thanks

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: thebarber] #606573
06/29/11 09:58 AM
06/29/11 09:58 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thebarber
Need some opinoins to help settle a dispute. Who do u guys think is hotter sammi or jenni ??? Thanks

Jenni by far lol. This shouldn't even be a discussion. In a perfect world, that woman would be my damn wife.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #606633
06/30/11 12:16 AM
06/30/11 12:16 AM
Why youse being so nosy?
P
Palomita20 Offline
Made Member
Palomita20  Offline
P
Made Member
Why youse being so nosy?
The "situation" is a nuanced and sophisticaed young man who likes to discuss neoclassical literature, politics and economic nuances while he shows off his impressive six pack.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #606680
06/30/11 09:48 PM
06/30/11 09:48 PM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline
F
Underboss
LV
I agree, Jenni .

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #606714
07/01/11 10:18 AM
07/01/11 10:18 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
Ya I have to agree with you and go with jenni also. I prefer that hot stripper look over a natural beauty. And with that being said I am off to the jersey shore for the long wkend. Have a good holiday eveyrbody

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #606722
07/01/11 01:20 PM
07/01/11 01:20 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
JWoww is the type of chick that will help you out in a fight. One time she actually stuck a knife through a guy's hand. Well, that's the rumor mill anyway. I don't know, I just see her destroying some of my ex gfs. For me it's not just the hot stripper body. It's the whole package. You look in her eyes and you just know. That girl is gonna ride you with a vengeance.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #607348
07/10/11 05:26 AM
07/10/11 05:26 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
In a turn of "creative genius" MTV UK decided to do its own UK version of JERSEY SHORE and came up with...wait for it....GEORDIE SHORE....... sick panic shhh

They set it in Newcastle,where i come from and although it has been very popular amongst some people i find it the most cringeworthy thing i have ever seen. There are clips on Youtube but i cant even bring myself to link it cos its awful.....

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #609903
08/05/11 07:44 AM
08/05/11 07:44 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
I think these kids are getting more retarded every year. I can't stand any of them anymore

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #610355
08/10/11 06:45 AM
08/10/11 06:45 AM
Wellington, New Zealand
veneratio Offline
Sicilian Paisan
veneratio  Offline
Sicilian Paisan
Capo
Wellington, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
In a turn of "creative genius" MTV UK decided to do its own UK version of JERSEY SHORE and came up with...wait for it....GEORDIE SHORE....... sick panic shhh

They set it in Newcastle,where i come from and although it has been very popular amongst some people i find it the most cringeworthy thing i have ever seen. There are clips on Youtube but i cant even bring myself to link it cos its awful.....

Haha Yogi it is so bad! It's actually for worse!
Poor Geordies... They are shocking on that show.

I've actually grown from hating Jersey Shore to quite liking it. As long as you take it on the basis that it's a bit of a laugh. I quite like Paulie and Vinny, they seem to be good guys.

"Just when I thought I was out.. They pull me back in"
Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #611099
08/15/11 08:25 AM
08/15/11 08:25 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
I am getting sick of hearing dina and snooki call girls grenedes. They are 2 of the biggest greneds in the world. How 2 short, chubby , ugly broads like them can think they are hot blows my mind

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #611103
08/15/11 09:56 AM
08/15/11 09:56 AM
Cesena Italy
L
ledblimp Offline
Made Member
ledblimp  Offline
L
Made Member
Cesena Italy
I was shocked to hear that the big red domed building in Florence was actually the Vatican. Next time I won't have to go all the way to Rome to see it!

True, these guys are laughing all the way to the bank....but they're still morons!

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #611179
08/15/11 10:15 PM
08/15/11 10:15 PM
B
botz Offline
Underboss
botz  Offline
B
Underboss
does anybody think that snooki is going to get knocked up one of these days.

Re: Jersey Shore [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #611605
08/19/11 09:04 AM
08/19/11 09:04 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
Does any1 know if sammi got fake boobs ?? Looks like she has a hell of a rack on her this season

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull