GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (DanteMoltisanti), 285 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,333
Posts1,058,811
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37488
03/22/06 11:57 PM
03/22/06 11:57 PM
Detroit, Michigan
weran_everything Offline OP
Wiseguy
weran_everything  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Detroit, Michigan
If some of you can get past your hatred for part 3, lets talk. Haha, just kidding. But anyways, after Vincent bites Joey Zasa, Michael and him are talking and Vincent says (correct me if im wrong) "And all I want to do is protect you from guys like this, Uncle Mike." - to me thats the point when Michael really accepts Vincent as family, and that Vincent could come in really handy.... even though Mike didn't need anymore "tough guys". It seemed like Michael didnt accept Vincent as family, as he did with Andrew Hagen, because of Vincent being a bastard.... but as soon as he said he wanted to protect him, even though Mike really wasn't involved in anymore illegitimate buisness he took it as Vincent proclaiming his loyalty.

Another possible idea would be when Michael has Vincent take on the Corleone last name, but I think he wouldn't of had Vincent stick around so long if he didnt accept him already.

Anybody agree?, or even better have another idea of when Michael accepted Vincent? Or did Mike think of Vincent as family already?

"We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking." - Goodfellas.
Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37489
03/23/06 02:50 AM
03/23/06 02:50 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I think it is intended that we think that Michael always regarded Vincent as family, at least in some sense.

Remember when he is talking to Vincent about his working for Zasa, and Michael says to Vincent something like "Mr. Joe Zasa now owns what used to be the Corleone family business, in New York. Out of the kindness of his heart he gave you a job in his family. Contrary to my advice, you took the job. I’d offered you something better, in the legitimate world. You turned me down.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37490
03/23/06 07:20 AM
03/23/06 07:20 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Vincent was a Corleone because he was Santino's boy, but being that he was an illegitmate son, he was never "legitimately" recognized as being a part of the Corleone family. He went around as Vincent Mancini, which probably was his mother's doing at his birth.

However when we see Michael tell him "Now you can call yourself Corleone," it is more symbolic than anything else. Of course it meant, to Vincent, that Michael was now finally recognizing him as his "legitimate" nephew, as part of the Corleone family. But it's meaning was more of one that symbolized Michael's passing of the torch, his passing his "Corleone" power onto Vincent.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37491
03/23/06 07:52 AM
03/23/06 07:52 AM
Puzo Offline
Wiseguy
Puzo  Offline
Wiseguy
Moreover..When Mike's family wer takin a picture durin da party..mike (WENT) to vincent and brought him to join the picture..he didn't call him or pointed at him 2 cum..in my opinion that is a big sign not only for vincent..but to everyone..that is he's welcomed among the corleone family..Beside that..vincent has his father's attitude..and Mike told him that..

in my house..IN MY HOUSE..IN MY BEDROOM! WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS,where my children comes to play with thier toys..
Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37492
03/23/06 12:09 PM
03/23/06 12:09 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Puzo:
Moreover..When Mike's family wer takin a picture durin da party..mike (WENT) to vincent and brought him to join the picture..he didn't call him or pointed at him 2 cum..in my opinion that is a big sign not only for vincent..but to everyone..that is he's welcomed among the corleone family..Beside that..vincent has his father's attitude..and Mike told him that..
Did it really mean anything? Or was it just one of FFC's throwback inuendos to the previous GF movies?

In GFI when the photographer is about to take the family wedding picture, what does Vito say? "Where's Michael, we're not taking the picture without Michael." And then when Michael finally arrives and they are about to take the picture again, what do we see Michael do? He holds up the taking of the snapshot and grabs Kay and pulls her into the family picture.

So is there some meaning to Michael bringing Vincent into the picture in GFIII? Or is it just an inuendo thrown in there by FFC to make the viewer think about a similar scene from GFI?

Throughout GFIII FFC throws in dialogue that references many scenes and character dialogue from the other two GF movies.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37493
03/23/06 02:32 PM
03/23/06 02:32 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally posted by weran_everything:
Anybody agree?, or even better have another idea of when Michael accepted Vincent? Or did Mike think of Vincent as family already?
I agree in part, but remember Michael made those comments about needing lawyers when Zaza was in the room, so if he had even given bringing Vincent in a thought, he would have kept it to himself because at that point it was more important for Zaza to think that Michael was on his side in the dispute. But notice Mike's Sicilian Cunning in dealing with this. When Vincent says that Zasa is going around saying "Fuck Michael Corleone," and Zaza denies it, then Michael goes to Zasa and gets him to agree that anyone who went around saying things like that would be a "dog." Thus he sets the trap for the lying Zasa.

It is AFTER Zasa leaves the room that Michael asks Vincent why he is so sure Zasa is out to get him and Vincent says "Because he knows you are trying to stop him from rising up in the commission." At that point Michael realizes that Vincent is not just some stupid thug, but someone who knows what is going on, and someone he could teach.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37494
03/23/06 10:41 PM
03/23/06 10:41 PM
USA
F
flucko Offline
Button
flucko  Offline
F
Button
USA
I think Michael had no choice but to accept Vincent. His son wants no part in his crime organization and he sees no reason to drag his own son into this world even though he seemed disappointed that his son wanted to become an opera singer instead of an lawyer. Then Vincent comes along with the Corleone blood in him. Even though Vincent was the illegitimate son of Sonny, he needed someone to pass on the family dynasty and Vincent was the perfect alternative to his son. Even though he was another "tough guy" Vincent seemed like the only choice for him. Like his father, he has a certain sense of loyalty to the family as well and I think Michael really admired that.

The scene where they take the family photograph, I think that was the point where the story hints that Michael needs to accept Vincent as part of the family wheather he personally likes it or not.

There are many, many scenes in GFIII that Coppola wanted to serve as a reminder of the first two films: Not only the dialogue and the little tidbits, but adding in the flashbacks scenes as well, which really annoyed me the first time watching GFIII.

Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37495
03/23/06 10:52 PM
03/23/06 10:52 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
One of the major subthemes of GFIII is how Vincent and Michael use each other. Vincent cleverly slithers his way into Michael's presence by crashing Michael's party and buttering up his aunt ("Who's my favorite aunt?") to get an audience with Michael. But Michael, no dummy he, already knows that Vincent is the new generation of Mafia climber. Vincent confirms for him what he already suspected: Zasa wants Michael out, perhaps dead. Michael wants out, doesn't want dead. So he puts Vincent to the test: "Make your peace with Joe Zasa." Michael can't lose: If Vincent caves, he's a wuss--of no use to Michael, who can use Neri to protect him. But if Vincent's really ambitious, let him show his loyalty--and his willingness to take risks to get ahead.

So, he's really saying to Vincent, "Your move, bastardo." And Vincent bites Zasa's ear. Now Vincent has put the ball back in Michael's court. He's saying, "Is blood thicker than water, Uncle Mike?" So Michael steps in and says, "Maybe you should come with me a while." He's saying, in effect, "Just like my father used Luca Brazi, a certified pazzo,, maybe I can exploit you, Vincent--another certified pazzo."

IMO, the rest of the movie shows Michael recognizing that his "retirement" is full of dangers, but he has dear nephew Vincent willing to take lunatic risks for him to assure his physical safety. If Michael had had his way, he'd have gone "totally legitimate." Vincent would have been the head of an ever-diminishing "olive oil business"--the violent, gangster end of what Vincent (and Michael) regained after Zasa's murder. Mary would have married someone "respectable," and Vincent would have faded into the background.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37496
03/24/06 01:53 AM
03/24/06 01:53 AM
Detroit, Michigan
weran_everything Offline OP
Wiseguy
weran_everything  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Detroit, Michigan
So, he's really saying to Vincent, "Your move, bastardo." And Vincent bites Zasa's ear. Now Vincent has put the ball back in Michael's court. He's saying, "Is blood thicker than water, Uncle Mike?" So Michael steps in and says, "Maybe you should come with me a while." He's saying, in effect, "Just like my father used Luca Brazi, a certified pazzo,, maybe I can exploit you, Vincent--another certified pazzo
very interesting, Turnbull.

cool

"We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking." - Goodfellas.
Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37497
03/26/06 04:04 PM
03/26/06 04:04 PM
Corleone, Sicily
Dominic Corleone Offline
Button
Dominic Corleone  Offline
Button
Corleone, Sicily
FLUCKO SAYS: Even though Vincent was the illegitimate son of Sonny, he needed someone to pass on the family dynasty and Vincent was the perfect alternative to his son. Even though he was another "tough guy" Vincent seemed like the only choice for him. Like his father, he has a certain sense of loyalty to the family as well and I think Michael really admired that.

I STILL WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SEEN

Sonny's and Connie's boys with Michael and Vincent or something dealing with them. {victor and michael francis going after mike or sonny's boys or even all of the joining mike or vincent as soldiers or capos or something) ****just a thought****

[Santino's boys]
Frank(b1940), and Santino "Chip" Corleone, Jr. (b1945)

[Connie's boys]
Victor (b1949) and Michael Francis (b1955)

All right, you are what you are. It’s your nature. You stay close to me. You don’t do anything. You keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open. And you do what I tell you. Understand?
Re: Michael finally accpecting Vincent. #37498
03/26/06 04:07 PM
03/26/06 04:07 PM
Corleone, Sicily
Dominic Corleone Offline
Button
Dominic Corleone  Offline
Button
Corleone, Sicily
http://www.jgeoff.com/godfather/gf3/transcript/gf3transcript.html

who's my favorite aunt Connie says that

CUT TO: Connie sees Vincent coming towards her…

CONNIE

Hey Vinnie! Who’s your favorite Aunt?

VINCENT

You are.

CONNIE

Today I’m gonna talk to Michael about your little problem.

All right, you are what you are. It’s your nature. You stay close to me. You don’t do anything. You keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open. And you do what I tell you. Understand?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull