GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (The_Marble_Guy, m2w, Malavita), 277 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,332
Posts1,058,795
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Structure For NY Families #597816
03/18/11 08:54 AM
03/18/11 08:54 AM
T
thebarber Offline OP
Underboss
thebarber  Offline OP
T
Underboss
Hey guys this subject was posted on mafia today buy another user. I wanted to get some of your thoughts on this topic. I feel the users here have alot more knowledge than on that site and wanted to see if you guys thought this could be possibe???

The colombos and gambinos become one family with a power base in Brooklyn, the luchhesses and bonnanos become one, and before this the genoveses would probably take in a top crew from the lucchhesses maybe in new jersey, and other crews from the bonnanos and maybe reach a deal to get a crew from the gambino/Colombo family. This would allow the remaing colombos to join a stronger family and is new family would have around 300members, the Lucchesses and Bonnanos would be able to double their members and enhance their power and the genoveses who are by far the strongest family would be able to pick and choose the best crews from the other families as part of the deal, after this indictment that hurt them in jersey they could use a jersey crew. Hey if the families could unite and come together(unlikely) it would open up business opportunities and maybe even get whoever takes over in Canada with them to.

i think it would be better to have 3 super families” then what they have, the colombos are so decimated they have to do something, they had 8 capos and 60 members and now they have 4 and around 40 members, at this point they are vulnerable to attacks from other family members and other ethnic gangs. i doubt my idea is ever implemented due to the fact the bosses wont want to do it but i do not think the soldiers and capos would mind being part of something way more powerful, and the colombos and bonnanos dont have clear cut bosses, 2 out of the 3 lucchesse bosses are under indictment. the new hierarcy i propose would be for example the gambino/colombos family would have the gambinos boss, then 2 underbosses one colombo one gambino and maybe even 2 consiglieres. this would shock law enforcement and enhance their standing in the underworld.

Last edited by thebarber; 03/18/11 08:56 AM.
Re: New Structure For NY Families [Re: thebarber] #597851
03/18/11 02:54 PM
03/18/11 02:54 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I think the Gambinos and Genoveses should merge,also the Bonanno, lucchesses and Colombos , in New Jersey DeCavalcantes may, or merge with the Gambino as wanted to do John Gotti,
while the dying trafficante family might being cannibalized by Gambino.
Or much more likely reopen''the old bridge'', and 5 families could return to recruit new members in Italy, but not by the Mafia, but to the most reliable Ndrangheta, or the ruthless Camorra. At least that is what I think, I may be wrong.

Re: New Structure For NY Families [Re: thebarber] #597852
03/18/11 03:15 PM
03/18/11 03:15 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
It'll never happen.
Can you imagine the hassle of guys who barely know each other suddenly having to make way or defer to each other.
No way would I want the Colombo's merging with my family not with the recent history they've had.

Re: New Structure For NY Families [Re: thebarber] #597854
03/18/11 04:19 PM
03/18/11 04:19 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
I can't believe I read that bullshit. No offense.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: New Structure For NY Families [Re: thebarber] #597858
03/18/11 05:34 PM
03/18/11 05:34 PM
United States
M
moolou Offline
Button
moolou  Offline
M
Button
United States
All of the confusion caused by the mergers would probably make it easier for LE to infiltrate the various organizations. The best bet for the various families would just be to lay low until the feds change their priorities. That seems to be the case now after that big bust. I think the FBI reduced the number of agents in the organized crime squad and consolidated whatever agents remaining into three groups, rather than a group for each family. The reduced pressure will allow the families to regroup like the Bonnanos did during the 90s.

Last edited by moolou; 03/18/11 05:35 PM.
Re: New Structure For NY Families [Re: thebarber] #597863
03/18/11 05:53 PM
03/18/11 05:53 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: GaryH

No way would I want the Colombo's merging with my family not with the recent history they've had.

It depends which Colombo though. Would you want Sonny Franzese? I don't think there's a chance in hell he'd ever flip. He also earns a lot of money. Another guy who'd probably never flip is Teddy Persico, Jr. Only problem with these two guys is, well, they're psychopaths. One minute you're enjoying a nice meal with them and the next minute you're being stabbed in the neck with an ice pick.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: New Structure For NY Families [Re: thebarber] #597878
03/19/11 01:17 AM
03/19/11 01:17 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

There's always been lots of discussion about families merging. It's an interesting thought, after all legit corporations do it all the time, but it's really not possible when it comes to the mob. For any number of reasons.

For a smaller family, a good example of what to do would be the Outfit in Chicago. It downsized it's organization and streamlined it's operations so it is less visible and presents less of a target for law enforcement. They're not trying to run everything in the city anymore, which they can't anyway. They have a smaller core that can still profit from their time-tested staples of sports betting, video poker, loansharking, some legit businesses, etc. Keep the murders to an absolute minimum. And try to avoid violence altogether if possible. For instance, it's been said that the Outfit will just cut off a bettor for not paying rather than rough him up.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/19/11 01:21 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: New Structure For NY Families [Re: thebarber] #597880
03/19/11 07:12 AM
03/19/11 07:12 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I have not offense, maybe i wrote bullshits, the five families never marge to one o two super families, but I'm right on one thing for sure, the mob will reopen the ''old bridge'', and return to recruit mobsters in Italy, from the sicilian mafia, and maybe from the ndrangheta or the camorra.

Re: New Structure For NY Families [Re: IvyLeague] #597886
03/19/11 09:25 AM
03/19/11 09:25 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
There's always been lots of discussion about families merging. It's an interesting thought, after all legit corporations do it all the time, but it's really not possible when it comes to the mob. For any number of reasons.

For a smaller family, a good example of what to do would be the Outfit in Chicago. It downsized it's organization and streamlined it's operations so it is less visible and presents less of a target for law enforcement. They're not trying to run everything in the city anymore, which they can't anyway. They have a smaller core that can still profit from their time-tested staples of sports betting, video poker, loansharking, some legit businesses, etc. Keep the murders to an absolute minimum. And try to avoid violence altogether if possible. For instance, it's been said that the Outfit will just cut off a bettor for not paying rather than rough him up.

That is interesting. Smart from one point of view and of course dumb from the other. If word spreads people may not pay on time. Of course, they know who they are dealing with and I wouldnt want to be the idiot they made an example of if things got out of hand.

Ive heard about the violence thing with the outfit. My cousin lives in chicago and everyone in Chicago is VERY aware of the outfit. Normal citizens, you and old, they all know the Outfit still exists today.

One thing he mentioned to me is people look at the Outfit much much differently today because the lack of violence. The Outfit is kind of like the Robin Hood in some parts of Chicago now. They keep crime down in certain areas just like in the old days in Bensonhurst etc.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull