GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Liggio, BarrettM), 271 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,106
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Clemenza-Barzini communication @ Vito's funeral. #37437
03/18/06 06:30 AM
03/18/06 06:30 AM
Detroit, Michigan
weran_everything Offline OP
Wiseguy
weran_everything  Offline OP
Wiseguy
Detroit, Michigan
I posted this in another thread about a different subject and didn't get any responses and figured it was nothing big. During Vito's funeral in GF1 after Clemenza pays his respects to the godfather (tossing his rose) he walks over to a man, says something to him, than that man walks over to Barzini(or Barzini's "people") and says something to them. Anyone have an idea of what was said? Was it in the novel? Mabye It's as simple as that Clemenza was having him tell Barzini's group they could pay their respects.

Any ideas?
cool

"We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking." - Goodfellas.
Re: Clemenza-Barzini communication @ Vito's funeral. #37438
03/18/06 09:47 AM
03/18/06 09:47 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
I think he was saying, "Buddy I forgot my next line could you do me a favor and take the scene over to the Barzini people..."

In other words, no...nobody can possibly know what was said, unless they make something up, such as "...Clemenza was having him tell Barzini's group they could pay their respects.." Except that I would assume that had already been done at Vito's wake.

Remember, as with Connie's wedding this is a time when all Five Families, even though enemies, come to pay respects to each other.

It was unscripted, unrecorded and obviously the typical screen screen business that is used to fill scenes in which several people are involved. Especially in the type of business in which these people are involved. It makes sense FFC would direct Castellano and the other actors to do precisely what they did. We don't have to hear any dialogue to have that feeling conveyed.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Clemenza-Barzini communication @ Vito's funeral. #37439
03/18/06 02:51 PM
03/18/06 02:51 PM
Frankfurt
McCluskey Offline
Button
McCluskey  Offline
Button
Frankfurt
Maybye this scene was made to put the audience - and Michael - off the scent for a while. For a moment, it looks like Clemenza was the traitor. Shortly after it becomes clear that it was Tessio. Unlike Michael I don't think that this was a smart move!

Re: Clemenza-Barzini communication @ Vito's funeral. #37440
03/18/06 04:00 PM
03/18/06 04:00 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Of course it was the 'smart' move.

Had Michael not been forewarned by his father as to the fact that there would be a traitor and exactly how that traitor would proceed...the plot would've worked and Tessio would've been sitting pretty.

It was the smart move.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Clemenza-Barzini communication @ Vito's funeral. #37441
03/18/06 04:36 PM
03/18/06 04:36 PM
Frankfurt
McCluskey Offline
Button
McCluskey  Offline
Button
Frankfurt
The plot WOULD HAVE worked, but it didn’t. So in the end, it was NOT smart! I think Michael would have been suspicious anyhow, even without Vito’s warning, because of Tessio’s and Clemenza’s request for permission to form their own families.It was obvious that they weren’t comfortable with the whole situation anymore. Tessio was a businessman and Michael knew that his loyalty was based on that. Michael wasn't that naive.

Re: Clemenza-Barzini communication @ Vito's funeral. #37442
03/18/06 05:00 PM
03/18/06 05:00 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
It was smart in the way it was carried out.
It was a smart tactical move...only problem was it was foreseen by others.

Also, Michael and Vito had been planning the massacre of the Families all along, so they knew what to expect and when to expect it. Which was NOT foreseen by anyone else.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Clemenza-Barzini communication @ Vito's funeral. #37443
03/28/06 03:31 PM
03/28/06 03:31 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Despite the dramatic possibilities, he was probably telling him that it was their turn to walk by the casket.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull