GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 239 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,106
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,695
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Skinny Joey released tomorrow #597312
03/14/11 11:47 AM
03/14/11 11:47 AM
J
jvanley Offline OP
Made Member
jvanley  Offline OP
J
Made Member
I know we have talked about this recently, but does anyone think they Feds will indite him before he gets out tomorrow? Or even while in a half way house?

Alot of times with Gangsters they bring down a "last minute" inditement to keep someone locked up.

Also, say what you want about Skinny Joey, the dude stood up when it came time. It would be interesting to see if he would stand up again if he got back involved.

You know the feds want Ligibini bad and will offer ANYONE a deal to get him.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left
Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597314
03/14/11 12:14 PM
03/14/11 12:14 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
If they were to indite I think it wud have 2 b for a murder. The statute of limitation would have ran out on any other crimes he committed I wud think

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597315
03/14/11 12:25 PM
03/14/11 12:25 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
I heard this rumor but I dont think its going to happen with Merlino..especially since hes about to get out and nothing came down on Ligambi yet. But I have heard that this may happen to Borgesi. Hes in for almost another year and his name came up in the Delco Nostra case cause Bent Lou Montacello's book was part of Borgesi. One of George Anastasia's Mob talks was on this and we know the Feds like to meet these guys at the gates...per se...and put them right back in hoping they will rat or to just break em bad for em.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597317
03/14/11 12:42 PM
03/14/11 12:42 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
If they indict him for murder tomorrow I will have no choice, but to laugh my ass off.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597332
03/14/11 04:48 PM
03/14/11 04:48 PM
P
PhillyKid Offline
Made Member
PhillyKid  Offline
P
Made Member
Ligibini? You mean Joe Ligambi.

Anyway, I doubt the feds are gonna pinch joey again atleast for now. Seems like they're having enough trouble with ligambi, joe mouse and staino and besides that the feds threw the kitchen sink at joey at his trial. He beat four or five murder charges, I doubt the feds are gonna throw some half baked murder charge at him to keep him locked up...he's not the boss anymore and he can't see nobody for three years anyway, would be a waste of time.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: PhillyKid] #597333
03/14/11 05:22 PM
03/14/11 05:22 PM
J
jvanley Offline OP
Made Member
jvanley  Offline OP
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: PhillyKid

Anyway, I doubt the feds are gonna pinch joey again atleast for now. Seems like they're having enough trouble with ligambi, joe mouse and staino and besides that the feds threw the kitchen sink at joey at his trial. He beat four or five murder charges, I doubt the feds are gonna throw some half baked murder charge at him to keep him locked up...he's not the boss anymore and he can't see nobody for three years anyway, would be a waste of time.

I do not think it will happen either, but if it did, it wouldnt suprise me a single bit. I think you are vastly underestimating Law Enforcement's hatred towards these guys. If they think for a single second that more charges will be better for the community and it can legally be done, Skinny Joey will stay right where he is.

As we sit here at 5:19 today, there are FEDS somewhere right now deciding if they can bring more charges against Joey, I promise you that.

As someone else said, the day a Wiseguy is supposed to graduate College as they said is the absolute BEST day to get them to flip by bringing on more charges.

While in theory prison is a part of life for them, it is also the way of living the HATE the most. No money, No women, No gravy, No Itilian leather shoes, no publicity, no night clubs and no power. It is everything a Wiseguy hates, and catching a wiseguy the days he walks out of the joint after a long stint, with the prison cell fresh on his mind is a great way to get a guy who would otherwise stand up to flip.

Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: PhillyKid] #597338
03/14/11 07:53 PM
03/14/11 07:53 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: PhillyKid

Anyway, I doubt the feds are gonna pinch joey again atleast for now. Seems like they're having enough trouble with ligambi

Ofcourse the FBI is just doing their job. But logically speaking, is a guy like Joe Ligambi that bad for needing to put a lot of effort to put him behind bars?

I mean, how much violence is there nowadays caused by the mob in Philly? Are they still a threath for the locals?

Imo, if they desperately want to put this guy behind bars it will only make things worse as he seems to have brought some order and peace again, relatively speaking ofcourse.

I think the feds must also realize that sometimes it's best to just make some compromises. Everytime they put somebody behind bars, someone even worse will step back in.

I'm not trying to condone anything as I don't particulary care for this guy or anything. But let's face it, he's not Toto Riina.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597345
03/14/11 09:01 PM
03/14/11 09:01 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
That is an interesting view Sonny. I, however seriously doubt the FBI care about how sweet and gentle Joe Ligambi may be. This guy is a trophy to them. He's a big name and I'm sure they'd love nothing more than to slap their cuffs on him. But you may be right up to a point, because they probably have a bigger hard on for Joey Merlino.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597346
03/14/11 09:46 PM
03/14/11 09:46 PM
P
PhillyKid Offline
Made Member
PhillyKid  Offline
P
Made Member
I don't know, Sonny. How violent a boss was manocchio up in providence? There have been three pretty high profile hits under Ligambi: Turchi in '99, Martorano in '02, and Casasanto in '03 and there was a pretty connected guy blasted just this last summer in front of his home, the guy did some scams with anthony staino.

Seeing the feds pinch Manocchio even when he's a retired boss makes me feel that Liagmbi will eventually be brought down.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597350
03/14/11 10:25 PM
03/14/11 10:25 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
That is true. Ligambi is definitely a killer and there are probably a few other murders we don't know about.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597353
03/14/11 10:52 PM
03/14/11 10:52 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Has everyone seen the latest Mobtalk? What a crack up.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/subindex/news/mob_talk/

(cough.)
Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597420
03/15/11 01:22 PM
03/15/11 01:22 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Hey Philly Kid...I just read a story on Philly.com few weeks back or so where that Rocco Marninucci (not spelled right) murder was not a Mob hit. At least law enforcement at this point is calling it a non mafia hit. Plus his family has been putting up reward money and stuff now... It happened right on there door step. I use to go to Wolf Street Cafe where he was walking home from when it happened. From what I hear he did have connections and did some work but that this wasn't a sanctioned hit or antyying. He was the nephew or grandson of Harry Ricobene. But those other 3 murders are the ones they want to get Ligambi on. Also, Joey is out...no idictments. He is in a Flordia half way house or on way right now. Check story on philly.com.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20110315_Merlino_released_to_Fla__halfway_house.html

Also Meatballs, is this the George Anastasia mob talk or the Dave Stratweiser on Fox? Sometimes George helps out Dave as well. Dave as become a decent crime reporter but no George! I will try to check them out. Thanks!

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597454
03/15/11 04:39 PM
03/15/11 04:39 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Sorry Rocco Maniscalco was his name. The Rocco I mentioned was around during Scarfo...got the names confused.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: spmob] #597461
03/15/11 05:35 PM
03/15/11 05:35 PM
J
jvanley Offline OP
Made Member
jvanley  Offline OP
J
Made Member
Word on the street is Skinny Joey will be indicted for felony assault on Nicky Scarfo JR. They cannot try him for attempted murder but they say they FINALLY (after 17 years) have enough cooperating witnesses who say Skinny Joey was behind the attack on Sacrfo JR and may have even been the shooter or none the less at least present inside the car that sped away from the diner after the shooting.

Wow, I may actually feel a little sorry for him if this happens. The guy did 12 years in the can, about the same amount he would have gotten for this charge.

Last edited by jvanley; 03/15/11 05:36 PM.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597463
03/15/11 05:45 PM
03/15/11 05:45 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss

the statute of limitations on any crime except murder is 10 years . with this said there is no way possible for them to indite him for a crime that happened 17 years ago .

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597476
03/15/11 08:17 PM
03/15/11 08:17 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I suggest we make a new thread and name it "Skinny Joey released yesterday". wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597477
03/15/11 08:20 PM
03/15/11 08:20 PM
R
rg Offline
Made Member
rg  Offline
R
Made Member
jvanley where did you hear this from.. that would be pathetic if they indicted him again.. i cnt even believe this .. has anyone else heard this? id rather some1 bang my wife infront of me than get this news..

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: rg] #597510
03/16/11 08:26 AM
03/16/11 08:26 AM
J
jvanley Offline OP
Made Member
jvanley  Offline OP
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: rg
jvanley where did you hear this from.. that would be pathetic if they indicted him again.. i cnt even believe this .. has anyone else heard this? id rather some1 bang my wife infront of me than get this news..

Jesus H, dont shoot the messenger, it was just a rumor I read online. but none the less, if thats what happens, please make sure you send her over, if thats gotta happen, I will be a gentleman and volunteer myself I guess. Im just kidding, but seriously, I just read it online. I HIGHLY doubt its true

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: spmob] #597512
03/16/11 08:55 AM
03/16/11 08:55 AM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: spmob
Hey Philly Kid...I just read a story on Philly.com few weeks back or so where that Rocco Marninucci (not spelled right) murder was not a Mob hit. At least law enforcement at this point is calling it a non mafia hit. Plus his family has been putting up reward money and stuff now... It happened right on there door step. I use to go to Wolf Street Cafe where he was walking home from when it happened. From what I hear he did have connections and did some work but that this wasn't a sanctioned hit or antyying. He was the nephew or grandson of Harry Ricobene. But those other 3 murders are the ones they want to get Ligambi on. Also, Joey is out...no idictments. He is in a Flordia half way house or on way right now. Check story on philly.com.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20110315_Merlino_released_to_Fla__halfway_house.html

Also Meatballs, is this the George Anastasia mob talk or the Dave Stratweiser on Fox? Sometimes George helps out Dave as well. Dave as become a decent crime reporter but no George! I will try to check them out. Thanks!

I live a few blocks away from where the Rocco guy was killed, and this was a ballsy killing. It is very difficult to get away from a murder in this area without being seen, it's a very denseley populated area with very narrow streets. There were reports the guy got away in a SUV, its hard to find a parking spot in that neighborhood, with many people double parking. The Rocco guy was the hunchback Riccobene's grandson by the way.

The Merlino faction has been very successful in pulling off and getting away with murders, we saw it in Merlino's trial when he beat every murder charge, he also beat a murder charge in a separate case in North Jersey. I'll give the Merlino - Ligambi crew credit for one thing, they know how to murder and evidently get away with it, because this crew has been involved in numerous murders without a single conviction, going back to the early 90's.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597527
03/16/11 10:30 AM
03/16/11 10:30 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
I live near there to Gerry. Parking is horrible! lol Anyway, another article on "Not so Skinny Joey Merlino". haha.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110316_No_longer__Skinny_Joey__heads_to_halfway_house.html

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: spmob] #597534
03/16/11 11:04 AM
03/16/11 11:04 AM
J
jvanley Offline OP
Made Member
jvanley  Offline OP
J
Made Member
Interesting, that article says the Feds are bringing down an Indictment on the Philly Mob which could name Ligambi. If I knew this (which he does) I would be doing a FULL investigation into my family to find out if anyone was cooperating and disposing of anyone that was even thought to have been cooperating. Good thing im not in LCN and dont have to worry about doing that!

Most times these large indictments do not come unless they have a cooperating witness on the street.

Mark my words, when it finally does come down, they will have one or more cooperating witness.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597535
03/16/11 11:17 AM
03/16/11 11:17 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
This quote below is from Mafianewstoday about a year ago...not sure how true or not. I just read as much as I can from all different places. I also heard something similar on the Turchi murder but can't find it. I just think the Feds want to make sure they can include at least the Martarano and Turchi murders in the indictments. They don't want to lose the murder charges like they did with Joey.

"The Fed’s claim to have two informants who can link the Martorano killing to Ligambi and are willing to testify and have already given the fed’s some details of the murder. Martorano had just recently been released from jail and was said to be trying to re-establish himself in the video poker trade that Ligambi and other members are in control of so he was taken out. While the Turchi hit was approved by Ligambi because of the ties that Turchi had to former Philly mob boss Ralph Natale who became a federal witness and rat."

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597537
03/16/11 11:32 AM
03/16/11 11:32 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Jvanely...I don't think this would mean members in his inner circle right now or even in his family but who knows. He runs a pretty tight ship when it comes to who he speaks with. I have a feeling the feds have had this info for years and are just waiting to get as much evidence as possible. Like you said...they are probably trying to get a cooperating witness from his family but are having trouble. They got his number two man in jersy in 2004 and he didn't give them anything but he only got in troube for running a gambling loan sharking operation in jersey. Mousie is who they got and he got 10 years...not sure if hes out or getting out soon or what. I have to read up on that. And I belive it was Roger Vella who says he knows about the Turchi killing. But Vella was more of a wanna be anyway who made up stories.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597544
03/16/11 12:19 PM
03/16/11 12:19 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #597548
03/16/11 12:31 PM
03/16/11 12:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I live in Palm Beach County for 3 or 4 months a year. I'm about twenty minutes from West Palm Beach, and I'm here to tell you, there are enough wiseguys in that part of Florida to start a sixth family. So good luck with your parole, Joe lol.

He'd probably do well in the restaurant business down there. At one time, the food was the only drawback to visiting Florida. But over the last ten or fifteen years, they've really caught up. You can even get decent bread down there now.

There are a lot of high end restaurants in South Florida today, especially in the Palm Beach/Broward/Miami-Dade area. I can easily see a charismatic rogue like Joey successfully running one of them.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597550
03/16/11 12:35 PM
03/16/11 12:35 PM
P
PhillyKid Offline
Made Member
PhillyKid  Offline
P
Made Member
Jvanley, that nicky scarfo jr thing is fucking bogus. First off, that was 22 years ago now not 17 and the feds already had tommy scafidi flip and he couldn't even pin the joey chang hit on joey, how's he gonna convince a jury that he shot up nicky jr? Pure bullshit.

The only thing joey has to worry about is the mazzuca hit, but that fa***t Vella is liar, always has been always will be and I doubt joey or george had anything to do with that.

By the way, the number two guy in north jersey is beeps centorino and he's been out for a while. Joe Mouse got out in fall '09, he's off parole now, can do whatever he wants.

Re: Skinny Joey released tomorrow [Re: jvanley] #597568
03/16/11 01:58 PM
03/16/11 01:58 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
not talking about north jersey...south jersey. Mousie was Joe's number two man and ran south jersey gambling operation until he was locked up in 2004. He is out now but did originaly get 10 years...served about 5... got out in 2009. He is back in action now. But Staino is his main man in South Jersey now. Not sure what Mousie's role is right now but they are both part of his inner circle. I didn't realize that Beeps was still doing his thing in North Jersey for Philly.

The Mazzuca thing wasn't a mob hit from what I read. I don't think anything will go down with that. Vella...that wannabe...called them over to help move the body but they didn't help. He started running his mouth over town afterwards but was crying over it at first. Mazzuca broke into his house terroized his family and Vella killed him over it because he thought he looked like a punk becaue Mazzuca robbed him of his drugs. It went down somewhat like that I think.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull